Zone1 Mormons who have apostatized or stopped going to Church

This is not talking about salvation. Many people are confused about this Scripture. What about this one.
we are saved by grace through faith in Christ Jesus and not by our own efforts or works (Ephesians 2:8-9). Grace Alone.
Ephesians 2:8-10
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

This verse tells us that it is only by the grace of God that we are saved. But it is through faith that we can come to the grace of God. Faith does not save us but it is required before God will grant his saving grace. Paul tells us that we are not saved by our works. Does this mean that we should do no works? NO!! It simply means that the works are not what saves us nor is faith what saves us. It is the grace of God that is the saving force behind salvation. We could exercise all the works and all the faith we can muster and still be unprofitable servants without the saving grace of Jesus Christ. So, we can never boast that we are saved by our works or by our faith. But this doesn't mean that God does not require that we do good works. Verse 10 tells us that in no uncertain terms that God created us to do good works. James 2:14-26 is telling us that a true faith includes good works. Without good works our faith is dead. God requires us to have a true faith which includes works before he will grant the saving grace upon us which is the real force behind salvation. We are saved by grace, THROUGH A TRUE FAITH which includes good works. Neither the faith nor the works alone can save us at all, but the Lord does required them before he will grant the grace which is the true force behind salvation.

1 Corinthians 15:58
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Last edited:
Based on the title of this thread I was expecting to hear about "Mormons who have apostatized or stopped going to Church" but instead I got a commercial for the Mormon church.

Work out your salvation means to live your life as a redeemed believer. Ephesians says we are seated in heavenly places. Notice every verse in the NT thar says "in Christ"..."in Jesus".
Salvation in Christ is in a genuine, God-given faith, that is in a relationship with Jesus. That's what Jesus means by "knowing" or not "knowing" a person.

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'" (Matthew 7:21-23, ESV)

In Hebraic culture "to know" a person is to have an intimate relationship with them. The term is often used to depict conjugal relationships, between a husband and wife. Christ will tell people who think they're saved and call them "Lord Lord", but don't bear fruit, "Depart from me I never knew you", or "I never had a relationship with you".

Salvation in Christ is in a genuine, God-given faith, that is in a relationship with Jesus. That's what Jesus means by "knowing" or not "knowing" a person.
Great. How does your relationship with Christ manifest itself in your daily life?

Ephesians 2:8-10
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

This verse tells us that it is only by the grace of God that we are saved. But it is through faith that we can come to the grace of God. Faith does not save us but it is required before God will grant his saving grace. Paul tells us that we are not saved by our works. Does this mean that we should do no works? NO!! It simply means that the works are not what saves us nor is faith what saves us. It is the grace of God that is the saving force behind salvation. We could exercise all the works and all the faith we can muster and still be unprofitable servants without the saving grace of Jesus Christ. So, we can never boast that we are saved by our works or by our faith. But this doesn't mean that God does not require that we do good works. Verse 10 tells us that in no uncertain terms that God created us to do good works. James 2:14-26 is telling us that a true faith includes good works. Without good works our faith is dead. God requires us to have a true faith which includes works before he will grant the saving grace upon us which is the real force behind salvation. We are saved by grace, THROUGH A TRUE FAITH which includes good works. Neither the faith nor the works alone can save us at all, but the Lord does required them before he will grant the grace which is the true force behind salvation.

1 Corinthians 15:58
58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.
The grace of God is accessed by Faith, not by works. Our works are a result of God's grace.

The grace of God is accessed by Faith, not by works. Our works are a result of God's grace.
You're not grasping the meaning of James 2:14-26. True, faith does bring us to God's grace but a true faith is required and you cannot have a true faith without good works. Faith without works is dead!!

You're not grasping the meaning of James 2:14-26. True, faith does bring us to God's grace but a true faith is required and you cannot have a true faith without good works. Faith without works is dead!!
John 6:29

Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

Good works is a RESULT or PROOF of my faith.

John 6:29

Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”
The work of God that is spoken of does require that you believe in Jesus Christ. No argument there, but it also requires that you do good to yourself and your fellowman.

The work of God that is spoken of does require that you believe in Jesus Christ. No argument there, but it also requires that you do good to yourself and your fellowman.
Agree. Again, salvation is by faith alone.

I agree that good works is a proof of a true faith. But good works are not only a result but the actual working of your faith.
Agree. Good works without faith in the work of Jesus on the cross will not save me.

Agree. Good works without faith in the work of Jesus on the cross will not save me.
I agree. I believe one would definitely need to believe in Jesus Christ and do the good works that Christ would have us do before Jesus will grant the grace upon us to be saved in his kingdom.

I agree. I believe one would definitely need to believe in Jesus Christ and do the good works that Christ would have us do before Jesus will grant the grace upon us to be saved in his kingdom.
Nope. The work for salvation was done on the cross. Nothing I can do will cleanse my sin away.

No. The good works for salvation was on the cross. I can do nothing to save myself.
We're not talking about the good works of Jesus Christ. Of course his works were all good and He is the Savior of all mankind through his grace. What we are talking about is the faith which includes good works of those who need the grace of Jesus Christ to be saved. We are saved by the grace of Jesus Christ through the faith of those who believe in him. A true faith of those who believe in Jesus Christ includes good works according to the Apostle James. According to the Apostle James, a faith without works is DEAD and is not a true faith at all. (James 2:14-26)

We're not talking about the good works of Jesus Christ. Of course his works were all good and He is the Savior of all mankind through his grace. What we are talking about is the faith which includes good works of those who need the grace of Jesus Christ to be saved. We are saved by the grace of Jesus Christ through the faith of those who believe in him. A true faith of those who believe in Jesus Christ includes good works according to the Apostle James. According to the Apostle James, a faith without works is DEAD and is not a true faith at all. (James 2:14-26)
How many good works do I need to do before I'm saved?

Nope. The work for salvation was done on the cross. Nothing I can do will cleanse my sin away.
The works of faith does not of itself bring salvation without the grace of Jesus Christ. However, Jesus has told us in no uncertain terms that if we do not DO his will, which are good works, you will not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 7:21
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

How many good works do I need to do before I'm saved?
God has not put an exact number on it but you have to have the character of one who is ready and willing to do the will of God and actually make the effort to DO something.

Forum List

Back