MSNBC: Your Kids Don't Belong To You, They Belong To The Community

There's state communism
and pure communism.

State communism is like the USSR, Cuba, China, etc. The government uses force to make everyone equal and to control the needs of the society.

These are the two forms. Sadly, the state kind is what won out. Marx had pure communism(communal society in mind).

Last edited:
You aren't outraged that someone else is telling you that your kids shouldn't belong to you, or you at least shouldn't think like that?

I don't have any kids, but if I did, I wouldn't consider them to "belong" to anyone.

Children aren't property.

Oh, so we're going to play semantics, huh?
Look, you said you don't have kids. Therefore you have no right to an opinion on this matter.
You are just being contrary because that is what left wing loons do.
Oh, if my kids are not mine, then why don't you come on over and try to take one of them or harm one of them...See what happens to you. The plastic sheeting covering my living room floor should give you a hint.

Even if one doesn't have children, everyone has BEEN a child, and therefore is entitled to an opinion on the rights of children, and the responsibilities of society in that regard.

Your community has taken responsibility for your kids. We provide a free education, a safe environment, health services, sports, recreation

Every community values it's children, they are our future

Why are conservatives outraged?

Parents pay taxes for all that shit, dipstick. The so-called community (government) shouldn't be providing any of it.

What parents pay does not come close to what it costs to educate their children. It is a community investment in it's future

My community pays for great school facilities, recreation, playgrounds, bike trails, police protection.....all for OUR children

Must suck being you
Must suck when an idiot contradicts themselves.
I guess YOUR community has no parents.
You libs set up the system. Then you bitch about how it works.
It's never enough. No matter how much you people confiscate from the taxpayers is never enough.
Look, our kids are NONE of your fucking business.
GOT IT?...Butt the fuck out.
Oh, when is the last time politicians ASKED if we wanted the recreation, bike trails, the expensive landscaping contract, the extra frills in the schools, playgrounds, etc?
And do not throw in police because as everyone knows law enforcement is an essential function of government.
And if you shoot back with "...and education isn't?"....No one said that...So stow it before you decide to spew it.

The video said nothing close to that. Which is why I think this is such a hilarious thread.

Doctor, you either either woefully incapable of comprehending the material presented in the video, or an outright crook and liar; either way, you are disqualified from continuing to argue in this thread.

"Disqualified"? :lol:

Seriously, dude. You don't make the rules. We're not hanging out in the playground during recess.

There's nothing "material" about anything in the video. It's a 30 second soundbite - an opinion. Whether or not you agree with the opinion, it's nothing more than that - an opinion. Not a secret plan to control your children, or anything else.

You don't have kids. You don't get an opinion on this .

I don't know what kind of shit hole community you live in but my community takes care of its children and is proud of them. We invest in our schools, recreational facilities, libraries, police protection. When our sports teams do well, the whole community celibrates. When a child is successful, the whole community is proud

God, it must suck to be a conservative

It must suck having the reading comprehension of a 3 year old. Raising children can be a collective effort, but to say to a parent or parent(s) that their children do not belong to them and only to the community is outrageous.

And if Liberals value children so much, why are the majority of them Pro-Choice?

As usual, conservatives have difficulties with intent and context

Gubmints trying to take my kids!

Leave it to lib with no argument to whip out the context card.

How do you jump from not being outraged at the video to being ok with the government taking my kids?

If the kids belong to the community, than the community has exclusive rights to take away those kids.

OMG, Mr. John Doe is a registered gun owner, we must take our kids away from him!

Your community can take both your kids and your guns away if you abuse either. It can even take YOU away
Oh shut up...
Actually you are so wrong.
The "community" does not have the right to "take" anything.
The system must go through due process before any of your dreamed up nonsense can become reality.
I suppose that REALLLY pisses you off.

I don't know what kind of shit hole community you live in but my community takes care of its children and is proud of them. We invest in our schools, recreational facilities, libraries, police protection. When our sports teams do well, the whole community celibrates. When a child is successful, the whole community is proud

God, it must suck to be a conservative

It must suck having the reading comprehension of a 3 year old. Raising children can be a collective effort, but to say to a parent or parent(s) that their children do not belong to them and only to the community is outrageous.

And if Liberals value children so much, why are the majority of them Pro-Choice?

As usual, conservatives have difficulties with intent and context

Gubmints trying to take my kids!

The neocons are trying to make me get a job! Someone help me, they're trying to take away my free contraceptives and government assistance! GASP! OH NO! THEYRE GIVING PEOPLE THE RIGHT TO WORK! OH AUGHGHHH!!! MY LIBERAL MIND CAN'T HANDLE LOGIC OF THIS MAGNITUDE!!! :blowup:

Sound familiar?

You people will be helpless when something requires that you think for yourselves. Absolutely fucking clueless.

Last edited:
There's state communism
and pure communism.

State communism is like the USSR, Cuba, China, etc. The government uses force to make everyone equal and to control the needs of the society.

These are the two forms. Sadly, the state kind is what won out. Marx had pure communism(communal society in mind).

State Communism is a type of government here in reality. It has existed in a number of forms, and almost universally they've all ended up being nightmarish dictatorships.

Pure Communism (or Marxism) is a pie-in-the-sky utopian ideal that's simply not possible in reality.

That doesn't change the fact that Marxism doesn't call for a powerful central state.

Doctor, you either either woefully incapable of comprehending the material presented in the video, or an outright crook and liar; either way, you are disqualified from continuing to argue in this thread.

"Disqualified"? :lol:

Seriously, dude. You don't make the rules. We're not hanging out in the playground during recess.

There's nothing "material" about anything in the video. It's a 30 second soundbite - an opinion. Whether or not you agree with the opinion, it's nothing more than that - an opinion. Not a secret plan to control your children, or anything else.

You don't have kids. You don't get an opinion on this .

Stamping your feet, putting your finger in your ears and yelling "I'M NOT LISTENING TO YOU" isn't exactly what I'd call a good argument.

This is the Progressive National Anthem:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok3YcCVVfBU]The Government Can - LIVE - Tim Hawkins - YouTube[/ame]

Adolf Hitler used to think the children were part of the State too... How'd that turn out?

Would Stalinist be more accurate for what I'm saying?

Yes.

Marx was the sociologist and theoretician.

Stalin was the Dictator.

Doctorisin:

Where would you put yourself on this graph, and where would you put Melissa Perry's remarks?

politicalgraphs1.png

Would Stalinist be more accurate for what I'm saying?

Yes.

Marx was the sociologist and theoretician.

Stalin was the Dictator.

Doctorisin:

Where would you put yourself on this graph, and where would you put Melissa Perry's remarks?

politicalgraphs1.png

I wouldn't be able to "put myself" anywhere on your graph. For an easy answer, see my signature.

And, in the context of her remarks, there's no way to determine her political views either, aside from that she believes in more funding for education.

If the kids belong to the community, than the community has exclusive rights to take away those kids.

OMG, Mr. John Doe is a registered gun owner, we must take our kids away from him!

Your community can take both your kids and your guns away if you abuse either. It can even take YOU away
Oh shut up...
Actually you are so wrong.
The "community" does not have the right to "take" anything.
The system must go through due process before any of your dreamed up nonsense can become reality.
I suppose that REALLLY pisses you off.

It doesn't piss Bush or Obama off, Patriot Act and NDAA all day everyday!

I can't figure out why I should be outraged at that video...

I typed up the 30 second transcript of what she said:

We have never invested as much in public education as we should have, because we have always had a private notion of our children. [Sarcastic] 'Your kid is yours and totally your responsibility.'

We never had a collective notion that these are OUR children. So part of it is that we have to break through our private idea that kids belong to their parents, or that kids belong to their families.

We must recognize that kids belong to the WHOLE COMMUNITY; once it is everyone's responsibilty, and not just the household, we start making better investments.

I'm aware of what she said. Still not outraged.

Which shows you're still a fucking idiot.

You didn't have to tell us you don't have children - that is evidenced by the fact that you don't understand why you should be upset by some miserable liberal **** telling you that you're children belong to the "community". Any normal PARENT would be beyond outraged at even the hint at something so despicable

Explain to me how its free kid.

All American children are entitled to a free public school education. Where ya been?

All Americans are entitled to a free public school education. Parents are not charged extra for having children in the public school system nor are they charged extra for having multiple children using public schools
You do pay taxes regardless of whether you use the schools or not

The only times I got a free education was when I popped off at the mouth to my Dad. My jaw was sore for a few days. But as for free school education? I'd rather to have quality over quantity.

I typed up the 30 second transcript of what she said:

I'm aware of what she said. Still not outraged.

Which shows you're still a fucking idiot.

You didn't have to tell us you don't have children - that is evidenced by the fact that you don't understand why you should be upset by some miserable liberal **** telling you that you're children belong to the "community". Any normal PARENT would be beyond outraged at even the hint at something so despicable

Moral of the story, the person you just ripped to shreds should not seek to have any children, he will give them away freely to his government, and be a good little servant.

Pure Communism (or Marxism) is a pie-in-the-sky utopian ideal that's simply not possible in reality.

There have been several instances of 100% Marxist cultures functioning in human history without being plauged with its Authoritarian abuses we've seen today.

There’s an old Native American proverb which states “We do not inherit the land from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.” What this means is that land doesn’t belong to any one person, but rather land exists for all people. The concept of land-ownership among the Native Americans existed solely in a territorial sense. That area belongs to (or rather, is being used by) that group, this land is being used by us, and so on. Indeed, this concept is almost universal to all hunter-gatherer, pastoral, nomadic, and horticulturalist people groups.

When you study Native American cultures, you'll see that they functioned in a Rousseau like manner. Rousseau falls at the intersection of Anarchism, Classical Liberalism and Marxism seen in the graph below.

politicalgraphs1.png

Your community has taken responsibility for your kids. We provide a free education, a safe environment, health services, sports, recreation

Every community values it's children, they are our future

Why are conservatives outraged?

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?!? Man, you are one sick, twisted, disgusting S.O.B.

You do not do shit for my children. I provide healthcare for my children. 100% of it comes from ME.

You provide anything but a "safe environment" - this new godless, drug-infested, land of liberal cesspool you have created has made a dangerous environment for my children. I protect them from scumbags like you.

And I pay for all of their sports. You're just a typical fucking parasite who mooches off of me and then wants to make the case that you should have control over my children by falsely claiming credit for shit you did not do, shit you do not do, and shit you will never do (I wouldn't even fucking let you do it of you had the money and weren't a fucking parasite).

Last edited:

Forum List

Back