MSNBC: Your Kids Don't Belong To You, They Belong To The Community

Your community has taken responsibility for your kids. We provide a free education, a safe environment, health services, sports, recreation

Every community values it's children, they are our future

Why are conservatives outraged?

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you?!? Man, you are one sick, twisted, disgusting S.O.B.

You do not do shit for my children. I provide healthcare for my children. 100% of it comes from ME.

You provide anything but a "safe environment" - this new godless, drug-infested, land of liberal cesspool you have created has made a dangerous environment for my children. I protect them from scumbags like you.

And I pay for all of their sports. You're just a typical fucking parasite who mooches off of me and then wants to make the case that you should have control over my children by falsely claiming credit for shit you did not do, shit you do not do, and shit you will never do (I wouldn't even fucking let you do it of you had the money and weren't a fucking parasite).

I care about the children of my community and I hope they care about our community. It is sad that you become irate when people talk about the value of a strong community environment. It is what we like to call civilization

First of all, "strong community environment" is what we call communism. It is NOT called "civilization" and even your dumb ass knows that.

Second, stop being such a fucking despicable liberal twisting everything. Had she said, "I care about the children in my community", we would all be applauding. What she said was, (quote) "So part of it is we have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents or kids belong to their families and recognize that kids belong to whole communities."

If you haven't seen this new commercial from MSNBC, then you must watch it now.

In a new Lean Forward ad, Melissa Harris-Perry tells you that your kids don't belong to you, but they belong to the community. Ridiculous.

See the video at Cameron Harris: MSNBC: Your Kids Don't Belong To You, They Belong To The Community

Her point is that the kids belong to more than just the parents, because eventually they will leave the parents. Also, not all parents are great parents, so the community as backup isn't such a bad thing. She didn't say parents have no rights over the own kids. This is what the right always does; they twist anything and everything that people say if they think it will give them a talking point.

This is what the left always does; they twist anything and everything that liberals say to make it sound better than it is.

Here is a word-for-word, direct quote:

"So part of it is we have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents or kids belong to their families and recognize that kids belong to whole communities."

This could not be any more clear. The fact that you feel you need to backpedal and cover up for her is tragic. You're the good little obedient liberal lap-dog who will not allow criticism of your masters.

Lets see what that means .....

Kids are not just their parents problem.
Hey.....your kid is disabled, thats YOUR problem
Your kid is a budding star athlete......You build him a sports field
Your kid loves to read......You build a library

Communities look out for all children and provide opportunities for them to develop into productive adults. They don't just look at parents and say.......Your kid/your problem

In the absolute literal translation, I take issue. The responsibility for raising good children lies squarely on the shoulders of parents. Children don't BELONG to anyone - they are not property, they are human beings. Until they reach the age of majority however, parents bear a responsibility for careing for them, and teaching them.

In an abstract sense, the ad was correct. Children "belong" to all of us in the sense that we all have a vested interest in their successful upbringing.

But the whole "who do they BELONG to?" argument is flawed at the very core. They belong to themselves and they can commit themselves to others as THEY choose.

Your community has taken responsibility for your kids. We provide a free education, a safe environment, health services, sports, recreation

All that is free? Yeah and I got some land on the moon to sell ya lol. After all taxes are added up the goverment gets 50% of what most people make, and they want more. Free education lol. Safe enviroment? Ask a kid that lives in chicago.

It all comes down to communities doesn't it?

Those areas that have a breakdown in strong communities see a surge in violence. Strong communities look after eachothers children. Used to be a neighbor would tell parents if they saw their kid acting up. Now, we have asshole conservatives like the ones on this thread telling them to mind their own fucking business because THEY and THEY alone are raising their kids

Yes asshole - welcome to the concept of personal responsibility. The entire concept that this country was built on.

By the way, why do you run from your own stupidity? You claimed "free" and "safe", someone responded with "taxes" and "chicago". And rather than address that very direct point, you change the subject to neighbors raising their children.

We'd all like a response to the issue at hand. A refusal to do so on your part is glaring evidence of two things: 1. you know you were wrong 2. you're not mature enough to admit it like a big boy

All that is free? Yeah and I got some land on the moon to sell ya lol. After all taxes are added up the goverment gets 50% of what most people make, and they want more. Free education lol. Safe enviroment? Ask a kid that lives in chicago.

Those areas that have a breakdown in strong communities see a surge in violence. Strong communities look after eachothers children. Used to be a neighbor would tell parents if they saw their kid acting up. Now, we have asshole conservatives like the ones on this thread telling them to mind their own fucking business because THEY and THEY alone are raising their kids

Yes asshole - welcome to the concept of personal responsibility. The entire concept that this country was built on.

By the way, why do you run from your own stupidity? You claimed "free" and "safe", someone responded with "taxes" and "chicago". And rather than address that very direct point, you change the subject to neighbors raising their children.

We'd all like a response to the issue at hand. A refusal to do so on your part is glaring evidence of two things: 1. you know you were wrong 2. you're not mature enough to admit it like a big boy

I have answed both throughout the thread ....you are just too pig headed to comprehend

Guess what?

You do not raise your kids alone. Your community participates. If your kid plays Little League, someone volunteers to coach him. Your kid goes to school, a teacher is contributing a great deal to your childs development. Your kid is involved in the local church....members of that church are providing values and guidance

It is called being part of a civilization. You may pretend that you are an island upon yourself controlling everything about your child....but you don't

Yes, lets do that. Lets "see what that means"

belong [bɪˈlɒŋ]
vb (intr)
1. (foll by to) to be the property or possession (of)
2. (foll by to) to be bound to (a person, place, or club) by ties of affection, dependence, allegiance, or membership

belong - definition of belong by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

And what was the direct quote again, stupid? Here it is:

"So part of it is we have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents or kids belong to their families and recognize that kids belong to whole communities."

Kids are not just their parents problem.

Yes, they are asshole. Period. End of story you fuck'n DICK! You can't even admit something so agregious and outrageous as someone saying "your children don't belong to you or your family, they belong to the community".

Hey.....your kid is disabled, thats YOUR problem

Exactly. My neighbor directly across the street from me has a disabled child and THEY deal with it. THEY take care of their child. THEY do not ask anyone to do it for them (because they are big boys and girls who grew up and are independent adults - unlike you helpless, dependent little liberals)

Your kid is a budding star athlete......You build him a sports field

That's exactly what we've done through out history stupid. As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about because you either don't have kids or they were useless just like you. For those of us who have been directly involved, we know about the time, effort, and money we dontated ourselves to build the athletic facilities (weight rooms, equipment, jerseys, stadiums, etc.). I went door-to-door selling items to raise money. I donated my own money. The "community" (ie parasites like you) didn't build shit.

Your kid loves to read......You build a library

Exactly. And I have. I literally have bookshelves FILLED with books in my home. In fact, I no longer have space on those bookshelves for all the books I have. Imagine that....

Communities look out for all children and provide opportunities for them to develop into productive adults. They don't just look at parents and say.......Your kid/your problem

Communities do NOT claim that children belong to the community. Period.

You don't know what "belong" means? Are liberals truly that stupid or is this an act?

Reminds us all of when Bill Clinton perjured himself before a grand jury and then subsequently said "what is IS"?

So Clinton doesn't know what the word "is" means, and leftwinger here doesn't know what the word "belong" means. :lmao:

Is it any wonder these mental-midgets create policies that collapse civilizations?

No, actually I live un a conservative town and we do look out for each other, and our children. What liberals want to do is as a town is indoctrinate our children into believing goverment is god, and if your not gay your not normal.

Mine does

We had a kid go to the olympics and the whole community claimed she belonged to us. We provided athletic opportunities when she was young and were justly proud

Our High School Football team won the state championship, our whole community took credit. We provided facilities and coaching staff that made it possible

We have kids graduate our High School and go to Harvard, MIT or the Military Acadamies and the whole community is proud of the public education we have provided

Yes, those children belong to our community and we are proud of them

What liberals want to do is as a town is indoctrinate our children into believing goverment is god, and if your not gay your not normal.

Liberals want to teach children that being gay is not normal? May want to re-phrase that one.

Conservatives put a guy on trial for teaching children the theory of evolution.

Everyone wants to indoctrinate children in THEIR way of thinking because they believe THEIR way of thinking is the correct one. Attempts to "indoctrinate" children are not limited to one political ideology. The attempt to turn that into a partisan attack is just foolish.

Mine does

We had a kid go to the olympics and the whole community claimed she belonged to us. We provided athletic opportunities when she was young and were justly proud

Our High School Football team won the state championship, our whole community took credit. We provided facilities and coaching staff that made it possible

We have kids graduate our High School and go to Harvard, MIT or the Military Acadamies and the whole community is proud of the public education we have provided

belong [bɪˈlɒŋ]
vb (intr)
2. (foll by to) to be bound to (a person, place, or club) by ties of affection, dependence, allegiance, or membership

So you have possession/ownership of someone else's children? Really?

There is a HUGE difference between being proud of an Olympic athlete and telling that athlete's parents that the child doesn't belong to them, the new communist nanny-state you are looking to create owns them. But I wouldn't expect a mental-midget like you to understand that.

Mine does

belong [bɪˈlɒŋ]
vb (intr)

There is a HUGE difference between being proud of an Olympic athlete and telling that athlete's parents that the child doesn't belong to them, the new communist nanny-state you are looking to create owns them. But I wouldn't expect a mental-midget like you to understand that.

Your child can belong to a church and he is not their property
Your child can belong to a team and they do not own him
Your child can belong to your community and they do not own him

You have difficulties with the English language don't you?

Mine does

belong [bɪˈlɒŋ]
vb (intr)

Your child can belong to a church and he is not their property
Your child can belong to a team and they do not own him
Your child can belong to your community and they do not own him

You have difficulties with the English language don't you?

My children have never "belonged" to a team. Ever. They've been ON a team, they've been a PART of a team, they have never BELONGED to a team.

My children have never "belonged" to a church. They have ATTENDED a church, they've been a PART of a church, they have never BELONGED to a church.

Who is the one having a problem with the English language? And lets be honest, even you aren't this stupid. You just refuse to criticize any part of the official liberal platform. And, this neatly fits your agenda/dream of transforming the U.S.A. to communism.

Yeah - slaves were BOUND to their masters. But then again, being part of the racist dumbocrats, I'm sure you'd love nothing better than to bring back slavery too.

Those areas are fucked over by a phony War of Drugs having a worse effect than Prohibition. Couple that with gun control to disarm law abiding citizens and you have a disaster for the law abiding populace. Finally combine that with the worst possible education system, and you have kids that are forced into crime in order to survive; the rest are forced to beg hand and foot for handouts, and thus forced to vote Democrat. Is that your dream? We all end up like Chicago?

Last edited:
Those areas are fucked over by a phony War of Drugs having a worse effect than Prohibition.

There is nothing "phony" about the war on drugs. The absurd libertarian view that "because we can't stop it completely, we should allow it" defies the slightest ounce of reason or logic.

If you were to be consistent, you'd have to apply that "logic" to rape and murder. We can't stop either - the "war" on both have not stopped either - so I guess we should just legalize and allow it :cuckoo:

Mine does

We have kids graduate our High School and go to Harvard, MIT or the Military Academies and the whole community is proud of the public education we have provided

Right_winger, I dare you to go to the heart of a Democratic stronghold, like Times Square, New York City, and even try to convince that crowd of your argument.

Those areas are fucked over by a phony War of Drugs having a worse effect than Prohibition.

There is nothing "phony" about the war on drugs. The absurd libertarian view that "because we can't stop it completely, we should allow it" defies the slightest ounce of reason or logic.

If you were to be consistent, you'd have to apply that "logic" to rape and murder. We can't stop either - the "war" on both have not stopped either - so I guess we should just legalize and allow it :cuckoo:

Why did we end Prohibition?

Drug use and possession are victimless crimes, there are much worse LEGAL drugs in circulation and common use. Also, just like gun control, drug control doesn't work and fuels violence. The statistics on this are very clear, just like the failure of gun control.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back