MSNBC: Your Kids Don't Belong To You, They Belong To The Community

To think and NOT care is to be half human

I support your "real thinking means caring" approach 100%.

And I'm not sure this reporter intended to be taken the way she was. But her wording triggered a concern among many that the domain of parents is being encroached upon. I believe that there is some justification for that concern because it seems that there are those who would gladly circumvent parents because they think the parents are making stupid decisions - not dangerous decisions which I can understand - but decisions that I believe should be within a parents domain.

I may shake my head over some of the parenting and some of the things these parents are passing along to their children - but I do believe that parents should be free to raise their children as THEY see fit. (As long as they are not abusive, or harmfully neglegent).

As a parent, I welcome the support and assistance of others - as long as they respect the fact that I'm the parent.

Last edited:
The republican party we have today has been denigrating caring for their fellow man for decades just like they have been cheating for decades.

I Used to get called a bleeding heart liberal as if caring for others was stupid.

They just dont use those words anymore

Leaving it up to others to do the "caring" is just another way for irresponsible liberals to shift their duties to the public..........let some clueless civil servants raise their kiddies for them. Lazy degenerates

Caring for others isn't stupid, but honey YOU are.

How many foster kids do you have?

How much extra in Taxes do you send in?

How many abortions have you had?

The republican party we have today has been denigrating caring for their fellow man for decades just like they have been cheating for decades.

I Used to get called a bleeding heart liberal as if caring for others was stupid.

To think and NOT care is to be half human

I support your "real thinking means caring" approach 100%.

And I'm not sure this reporter intended to be taken the way she was. But her wording triggered a concern among many that the domain of parents is being encroached upon. I believe that there is some justification for that concern because it seems that there are those who would gladly circumvent parents because they think the parents are making stupid decisions - not dangerous decisions which I can understand - but decisions that I believe should be within a parents domain.

I may shake my head over some of the parenting and some of the things these parents are passing along to their children - but I do believe that parents should be free to raise their children as THEY see fit. (As long as they are not abusive, or harmfully neglegent).

As a parent, I welcome the support and assistance of others - as long as they respect the fact that I'm the parent.

there is no need for concern in what she says unless you take the extra pains to purposefully try to misunderstand her.

haters will hate.

She is a decent woman even uif all the right can see is her black skin and braids.

She is well educated and a very warm and caring human being if you ever gave her enough time of the day to actaully listen to her.

Those who found evil in what she said has try to throw away all her good intentions and create evil out of caring for their fellow human beings

how many times have you denigrated caring fro your fellow man?

you do it all the time.

You like to pretend the bible and Jesus said you cant help people through government.

it why democracy was used by our founders as a solution to our societies problems in the first place

Say it as many different ways as you like, Francis, but the fact remains that YOU wouldn't know, so YOU can't tell anyone anything. You're just a self-centered douchebag waiting to expire. Hurry it up.

Having kids is the most self centered act on the planet...

That's it, Francis, make even more of an ass of yourself. You're a nihilistic little nobody just taking up space and wasting humanity's collective time. Hurry up and go away so you can be instantly forgotten by anyone and everyone.

You can't handle the truth.

Why did you have kids?

You already gave one of your answers...so you won't be forgotten. If that's not self centered I don't know what is.

If only there were more taxpayer funding for unions, state bureaucrats and civil servants to "care" for our kiddies better.......its all about the children dont you know..........lol

Committed, responsible parenting is so effective that it reduces the need (power) of the state. And for The Collective, promoting committed, responsible parenting would be self-defeating. That's why we don't see them doing it.

Rich Lowry puts it well:

As the ultimate private institution, the family is a stubborn obstacle to the great collective effort. Insofar as people invest in their own families, they’re holding out on the state and unacceptably privileging their own kids over the children of others...

...parents are one of society’s most incorrigible sources of inequality. If you have two of them who stay married and are invested in your upbringing, you’ve hit life’s lottery. You’ll reap untold benefits denied to children who aren’t so lucky. That the family is so essential to the well-being of children has to be a constant source of frustration to the egalitarian statist, a reminder of the limits of his power...

...If the left wants to equalize the investments in children that matter most, it should promote intact families and engaged parents, even if it means embracing shockingly old-fashioned private child-rearing.

MSNBC: Kids Don't Belong to Their Parents | RealClearPolitics

Last edited:
pretending that a society that cares for its young beyond merely genetics is BAD is a convoluted scam

what you do when you try to claim this is you try to REDUCE societies caring for their fellow man.

weave, dance, lie, scam, cheat.

Man is designed to care for their fellow man by the construction of our very brains.

why do you people want to pretend that is not true?

because some of you are not the same as the rest of us.

YOU dont understand caring for your fellow man

You didn't answer my questions, lets try it again.

Honey I denigrate the losers who will never even try for self sufficiency....those who live on welfare generationally without the slightest thought of ever getting off of it.

I denigrate people like you who don't have a brain cell in their heads and demand that "we" take care of your every need.

how many times have you denigrated caring fro your fellow man?

you do it all the time.

You like to pretend the bible and Jesus said you cant help people through government.

it why democracy was used by our founders as a solution to our societies problems in the first place

no matter what insults and attempts at demonizing people will change the fact that your party is the party of sociopathy.

Your party finds endless reasons NOT to help their fellow Americans

Leaving it up to others to do the "caring" is just another way for irresponsible liberals to shift their duties to the public..........let some clueless civil servants raise their kiddies for them. Lazy degenerates

Other people are not allowed to care about your children?

Just because your community cares about your child doesn't mean you have to stop

Wow, I'm seeing a straw man argument here, about the size of freakin' Buick.

Here's what she says:

“We have never invested as much in public education as we should have because we've always had kind of a private notion of children. Your kid is yours and totally your responsibility. We haven't had a very collective notion of these are our children. So part of it is we have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents, or kids belong to their families, and recognize that kids belong to whole communities.”

Does anyone see the word "care", or the phrase "caring for your fellow man" in that statement?

Anyone?

I do, however, see the following:

The word "responsibility".

The phrase "we have to break through our kind of private idea that kids belong to their parents, or kids belong to their families, and recognize that kids belong to whole communities.”

So, again, this is not about "caring", and I'd challenge the apologists to ditch that straw man argument. This is about the responsibility of parenting, and not being so quick to hand that responsibility off to The Collective.

Let's drop the straw man arguments and try a little intellectual honesty.

th

Forum List

Back