Mueller told Barr his memo failed to fully capture "context/nature/substance" of Mueller's probe

Per Washington Post. Being reported on CNN. Link below.

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III expressed his concerns in a letter to William P. Barr after the attorney general publicized Mueller's principal conclusions. Mueller also pressed Barr in a phone call to release executive summaries of his report.

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III wrote a letter in late March complaining to Attorney General William P. Barr that a four-page memo to Congress describing the principal conclusions of the investigation into President Trump “did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance” of Mueller’s work, according to a copy of the letter reviewed Tuesday by The Washington Post.

At the time the letter was sent on March 27, Barr had announced that Mueller had not found a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russian officials seeking to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. Barr also said Mueller had not reached a conclusion about whether Trump had tried to obstruct justice, but Barr reviewed the evidence and found it insufficient to support such a charge.

Days after Barr’s announcement, Mueller wrote a previously unknown private letter to the Justice Department, which revealed a degree of dissatisfaction with the public discussion of Mueller’s work that shocked senior Justice Department officials, according to people familiar with the discussions.

More: Mueller complained to Barr that memo did not capture ‘context’ of probe

Good for Mueller speaking out about his report being twisted by Barr.
/——/
A Real Attorney General

“Washington pile-ons are never pretty, but this week’s political setup of Attorney General William Barr is disreputable even by Beltway standards,” The Wall Street Journal editorial board writes.

“Democrats and the media are turning the AG into a villain for doing his duty and making the hard decisions that special counsel Robert Mueller abdicated . . . This trashing of Bill Barr shows how frustrated and angry Democrats continue to be that the special counsel came up empty in his Russia collusion probe.”

What is your issue with him? Now evidence shows the Russia lie exposed
MY issue??? IF he wasn't president he'd be in jail You really support a swine as president that says he believes Putin ahead of our FBI Really? Never mind emoluments, spending campaign money on bribes to prostitutes, using money from his charity illegally etc etc etc and of course paling around with his buddy Putin for whom he has not said 1 bad word
In jail for what? Dude, we had this conversation already, what happened to you now?
Do you read like Trump?? Read any of the reasons he should be yanked out of the WH on his fat ass?
Two weeks ago you were good with electing him out! What changed? And again, what’s your charge?

Honestly speaking sometimes I want him elected out and sometimes because of his total disrespect for our laws and constitution I want him out immediately I just hope if he lsn't elected in 2020 the law comes after him because of no statute of limitations then
/——/ democRATs promise to Make America Miserable Again

MY issue??? IF he wasn't president he'd be in jail You really support a swine as president that says he believes Putin ahead of our FBI Really? Never mind emoluments, spending campaign money on bribes to prostitutes, using money from his charity illegally etc etc etc and of course paling around with his buddy Putin for whom he has not said 1 bad word
In jail for what? Dude, we had this conversation already, what happened to you now?
Do you read like Trump?? Read any of the reasons he should be yanked out of the WH on his fat ass?
Two weeks ago you were good with electing him out! What changed? And again, what’s your charge?

Honestly speaking sometimes I want him elected out and sometimes because of his total disrespect for our laws and constitution I want him out immediately I just hope if he lsn't elected in 2020 the law comes after him because of no statute of limitations then
CELL I'm not going to waste my time trying to tell a trumpette dotard ALL the benefits he has thanks to Democrat party

Per Washington Post. Being reported on CNN. Link below.

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III expressed his concerns in a letter to William P. Barr after the attorney general publicized Mueller's principal conclusions. Mueller also pressed Barr in a phone call to release executive summaries of his report.

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III wrote a letter in late March complaining to Attorney General William P. Barr that a four-page memo to Congress describing the principal conclusions of the investigation into President Trump “did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance” of Mueller’s work, according to a copy of the letter reviewed Tuesday by The Washington Post.

At the time the letter was sent on March 27, Barr had announced that Mueller had not found a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russian officials seeking to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. Barr also said Mueller had not reached a conclusion about whether Trump had tried to obstruct justice, but Barr reviewed the evidence and found it insufficient to support such a charge.

Days after Barr’s announcement, Mueller wrote a previously unknown private letter to the Justice Department, which revealed a degree of dissatisfaction with the public discussion of Mueller’s work that shocked senior Justice Department officials, according to people familiar with the discussions.

More: Mueller complained to Barr that memo did not capture ‘context’ of probe

Good for Mueller speaking out about his report being twisted by Barr.

Yes, the “nature” of Mueller’s investigation was to smear the President and his staff. Unfortunately Mueller had zero evidence for “collusion”.

Sorry, Barr isn’t going to smear the President on Mueller’s behalf. So cry about it all you want, it won’t change the fact that Mueller didn’t find any evidence whatsoever, and that’s what Dems are furious about. In their partisan, nonsensical minds, they expect Barr to use the report to attack the President.

Cuting to the chase: leftists keep screaming, "Barr lied about the Mueller report!!!!" They claim Mueller said he lied about the report (although Mueller himself specifically stated that Barr didn't). So tell me exactly what Barr lied about.

He said, "the investigation did not establish that members of the Trump Campaign conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in its election interference activities."

Is that, in fact, what Mueller's report said?

He said, "Instead, for each of the relevant actions investigated, the report sets out evidence on both sides of the question and leaves unresolved what the Special Counsel views as ‘difficult issues’ of law and fact concerning whether the President's actions and intent could be viewed as obstruction. The Special Counsel states that ‘while this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him’. "

Is that, in fact, what Mueller's report said?

So what did he allegedly lie about?

CELL I'm not going to waste my time trying to tell a trumpette dotard ALL the benefits he has thanks to Democrat party
/——/ You won’t because you can’t. Snicker

Read it and weep cellblock
Our History - Democrats

Its Barr's report. Mueller works for Barr. WTF is Mueller whining about, if he wanted to be more specific he knows how to write. The answer is "No collusion, no obstruction".
If the dems want to impeach, go for it, otherwise STFU already.

Reality really offends, confuses and befuddles you. Thus you need to find a way to protect your ego and choose to attack the messengers.

Partisan hacks, of which you are a proud member, cannot and will not believe Barr 's memo was fiction, fiction created to protect Trump.

Protect Trump from what? Trump was not indicted by Mueller, and he will not be indicted by Barr. So, what does Trump need protection from?

Barr grossly misled the American public! No wonder Mueller is pissed.

Mueller was not hired to direct public opinion, to pander to congress, or titillate the left wing idiot brigade. His job was to investigate Russian influence in the election, and possible obstruction of justice by Trump. Mueller's team of anti-Trump zealots could not find sufficient evidence to indict Trump in any conspiracy to collude with the Russians, nor to indict Trump on obstruction of justice. Those are the facts. The rest is just left wing huffing and puffing.

Barr grossly misled the American public! No wonder Mueller is pissed.

Mueller was not hired to direct public opinion, to pander to congress, or titillate the left wing idiot brigade. His job was to investigate Russian influence in the election, and possible obstruction of justice by Trump. Mueller's team of anti-Trump zealots could not find sufficient evidence to indict Trump in any conspiracy to collude with the Russians, nor to indict Trump on obstruction of justice. Those are the facts. The rest is just left wing huffing and puffing.

And there will be a lot of that.

What is your issue with him? Now evidence shows the Russia lie exposed

Disrespect of what? Third time I’m asking what you think he did

3000 more in my medical bills per year

LOL and SMH! I guess someone missed some news over the last 24 hours, hey? Even the Washington Post has admitted that Mueller did NOT say that Barr had in any way misrepresented his findings and that his main concern was with how *the media* was interpreting his (Mueller's) findings via Barr's letter.

Let me repeat that, in the faint hope that it will penetrate your truth filter: Even Mueller said that Barr did NOT misrepresent his findings.

Our History - Democrats
Kkk what an honor

LOL and SMH! I guess someone missed some news over the last 24 hours, hey? Even the Washington Post has admitted that Mueller did NOT say that Barr had in any way misrepresented his findings and that his main concern was with how *the media* was interpreting his (Mueller's) findings via Barr's letter.

Let me repeat that, in the faint hope that it will penetrate your truth filter: Even Mueller said that Barr did NOT misrepresent his findings.

It won't penetrate. The impermeability of the filter had been proven repeatedly. They simply repeat the current talking points until a new set comes out of the fax machine.

Our History - Democrats
/----/ Read it and weep yourself: Women’s Suffrage: Women’s National Republican Club Tells the Story | National Review
The Republican party became the first major party to advocate equal rights for women, and it wasn’t until the Republicans gained control of Congress in 1919 — after Democrats had defeated the 19th amendment four times — that the amendment passed. Twenty-six of the 36 states that ratified it had Republican legislatures.

In 1920, Republicans Defeated Democrats' War on Women - TheBlaze
In 1920, Republicans Defeated Democrats' War on Women
Republicans now had control of the U.S. House and Senate. Also in 1918, Wilson knew he was on the wrong side of history on women suffrage. He suddenly changed his opposition and supported the 19th Amendment by tying it to WWI. Even with Wilson's support, Democrats in Congress were able to defeat the amendment by two votes.

Forum List

Back