Mueller told Barr his memo failed to fully capture "context/nature/substance" of Mueller's probe

“We have to deal in facts,” the “Fox News Sunday” host said when discussing special counsel Robert Mueller’s letter to Attorney General William Barr.

Fox News' Chris Wallace: Some opinion people who appear on this network who might be pushing a political agenda don't think the Mueller letter is a big deal. But we have to deal in facts -- the fact is this letter was a clear indication that Mueller was very upset w/ Barr.

More: Chris Wallace Calls Out Fox News Opinion Hosts Over Barr Coverage

At least Chris Wallace gets it.

You dumb ass Trump ass sniffers test my patience. Look, Trump has told you over 10,00 lies. Now let me explain Trump to you from the perspective of a person who has done social work, dealing with cases of people who had a wide variety of problems. Because that's what I got paid to do before I got more executive responsibility.

Donald Trump is a serial liar and manipulator with a narcisstic personality. He can be extremely engaging and charming because it will allow him to get his way. He is a con artist that will twist and turn a story until it meets what he wants people to believe in order to get his way. He is the type of person who will continue to push the envelope as long or as far as you let him. He is the type you immediately confront and challenge.

He depends on people believing his lies. You guys have done that. You all are marks.

Do you believe Lynch and Clinton met secretly just a couple days before Comey's decision to clear her just to talk about the grand kids?

Were all those deleted e-mails truly about yoga?

Was the secret server set up just for convenience?

Did Clinton really think "C" was just an alphabetical filing symbol on the government documents?

Do you believe that Clinton ask lynch on a plane with people around for a political favor. Yet there is no proof of this other than they talked for 30 minutes. No one has said this but conspiracy theorist (repubs) who weren't on the plane and have no other evidence other that a change meeting. Lynch is not Barr

It was her personal server and she can delete emails to make room for more
nothing sinister about that as everyone deletes emails

Yes the server was set up for convenience, just ask Ivanka

Clinton has always stated that no information that was classified at the time was sent to her. Classified material is marked with big letters and you will know that it is classified. There is no reason for her to have marked classified info on her personal server as she should knows better.

Unlike Trump who blabs to the Russian Ambassador about sensitive information. yeah he can classify info as secret or not secret but he delegates that authority and there is a system for it. You just don't blab it out and then say oh its not secret when it was classified as secret before you blab it out.

The FBI has said that emails found were classified but it doesn't address when they were classified.

Also in the end they the FBI exonerated her, no harm no foul just as the Mueller exonerated Trump of no Russian collusion.

Yet he wasn't as luck on the Obstruction of Justice.

Per Washington Post. Being reported on CNN. Link below.

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III expressed his concerns in a letter to William P. Barr after the attorney general publicized Mueller's principal conclusions. Mueller also pressed Barr in a phone call to release executive summaries of his report.

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III wrote a letter in late March complaining to Attorney General William P. Barr that a four-page memo to Congress describing the principal conclusions of the investigation into President Trump “did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance” of Mueller’s work, according to a copy of the letter reviewed Tuesday by The Washington Post.

At the time the letter was sent on March 27, Barr had announced that Mueller had not found a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russian officials seeking to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. Barr also said Mueller had not reached a conclusion about whether Trump had tried to obstruct justice, but Barr reviewed the evidence and found it insufficient to support such a charge.

Days after Barr’s announcement, Mueller wrote a previously unknown private letter to the Justice Department, which revealed a degree of dissatisfaction with the public discussion of Mueller’s work that shocked senior Justice Department officials, according to people familiar with the discussions.

More: Mueller complained to Barr that memo did not capture ‘context’ of probe

Good for Mueller speaking out about his report being twisted by Barr.
Just out of curiosity....
What prevented Mueller from relaying his concerns, publicly
through the media...he was concerned enough to write Barr
but, not concerned enough to go one step further

Are you not aware that Mueller communicated his concerns to Barr prior to writing the letter? The letter was the final straw to memorialize his concerns for history and public consumption.
Again, what prevented Mueller from relaying his concerns,
publicly, through the media, ASAP

Mueller had several communications voicing his concerns with Barr prior to the letter. Why are you so uninformed? Rachel Maddow lays it out nicely in the following video:

She is also laying it out again right now on her MSNBC midnight rerun.

What Mueller did was tell Barr...we've summed it up for you
Mueller spent 2 years on an investigation
and didn't bother to read the summary Barr would provide

Because he didn't find the evidence the Dems promised,
they turned on him and basically claimed incompetence

He waited 3 days to complain and afford himself an out
and make it seem like, no, Barr got it all wrong...
The evidence was there but, not to the point of
sufficiently being able to proceed criminally

It's totally about the narrative...
which does not change anything

If that's what you hope is going to happen, you will be disappointed. Mueller is motivated by nothing other than protecting the Constitution and the institutions it creates and sustains, I strongly believe. That includes the office of the president, and also the DoJ, even while he might despise the current office holders. So, he might explain his report in public testimony, but he will not be an attack dog. No way, no how.

He doesn't have to be an attack dog. Him stating the facts will suffice.

Not based on the rabid things I hear from the haters. If he falls to give them Trump's head on a platter, they'll insist he's lying.

The rabid haters are you Trump people. That's why you're still demanding investigations about nothing. The facts puts Trumps head on a platter and what you guys refuse to believe, as with everything else, is that your version of things are not how things actually are.

I have demanded investigations of nothing. I have, however, chortled mightily at the ongoing anti Trump hate and blather coming from the usual suspects. They are truly unhinged, and I fully expect them to turn on Mueller in an instant is he fails in the quest they demand of him.

Mueller is not going to fail. He hasn't yet.
I believe Mueller will tell the truth about what he uncovered, and that it will be disappointing to those who demand Trump's head on a platter. If there were truly damning things, they would have been in the report. Like I said elsewhere, I don't expect him to say anything he didn't put in the report.

Per Washington Post. Being reported on CNN. Link below.

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III expressed his concerns in a letter to William P. Barr after the attorney general publicized Mueller's principal conclusions. Mueller also pressed Barr in a phone call to release executive summaries of his report.

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III wrote a letter in late March complaining to Attorney General William P. Barr that a four-page memo to Congress describing the principal conclusions of the investigation into President Trump “did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance” of Mueller’s work, according to a copy of the letter reviewed Tuesday by The Washington Post.

At the time the letter was sent on March 27, Barr had announced that Mueller had not found a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russian officials seeking to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. Barr also said Mueller had not reached a conclusion about whether Trump had tried to obstruct justice, but Barr reviewed the evidence and found it insufficient to support such a charge.

Days after Barr’s announcement, Mueller wrote a previously unknown private letter to the Justice Department, which revealed a degree of dissatisfaction with the public discussion of Mueller’s work that shocked senior Justice Department officials, according to people familiar with the discussions.

More: Mueller complained to Barr that memo did not capture ‘context’ of probe

Total bullshit.

Per Washington Post. Being reported on CNN. No link yet.

I was LONG waiting for Mueller to speak up.......Even the redacted, released report makes Barr's "summary" seem like the fat moron's conclusion, a paid-for piece of obfuscation by a full-fledged Trump STOOGE.....

Barr..........especially if he fails to testify before the House judiciary committee will face impeachment....and THAT is much better than Trump's impeachment chatter (Mnuchin???.........are you listening??)................LOVE IT !!!

Considering he released the actual report a few days later......what exactly is your problem?

Their problem is the narrative was written and they couldn't pivot fast enough when it was blown out of the water, so they stick to it.

Did Barr lie when he answered the question about if Mueller agreed with his 4-page summary, and Barr said he didn't know. Which was after Barr got Mueller's snitty letter saying barr's meme lacked "context", but basically agreed with the decision not to charge the president.
I don't see that as a lie.

Sorry hack; the hate site is lying to you - which is easy to do since you're stupid as a cat turd.

Hey Fuckhead.....I AM CITING Rule 6(e)(3)(D)......

What a dumb idiot who can't read.....and can only kiss ass......LMAO

No, you lying fuck; you are citing an editorial by Barbara McQuade claiming erroneously that the AG could violate Rule 6, because you Stalinists are really desperate and need to somehow keep your pathetic witchhunt going.

You dumb, lying fucker.

First you were desperate to shut down the Mueller Investigation, and then Barr tried to bury Mueller's findings, and Barr said "no collusion, no obstruction", which is not what Mueller said at all. In fact Mueller was looking for "conspiracy" not collusion, but Barr launched a PR campaign, on behalf of Donald Trump, to paint the very damning Mueller Report as "no collusion, no obstruction", echoing the President's oft-stated lies, claiming he couldn't release the Mueller Report to Congress or to the public until it had been redacted, which was also a lie because Mueller had prepared Summaries for immediate public release, and which Barr refused to release.

Barr promised and an open and pubic release of the Mueller Report. Barr has lied, obfuscated, and falsely represented the findings of the Mueller Report at every turn. Barr perjured himself to Congress when he said that Mueller agreed with the findings as stated in the Barr Summary, when in fact, Mueller had objected in the strongest possible terms to Barr's conclusions about the Mueller Report.

In his testimony yesterday, Barr had no knowledge of simple facts in evidence with respect to Russian interference in the election. He was complete unaware that Paul Manafort passed Republican polling data to Konstantin Killimnik. He seems not to have even bothered to read the report, but then he also admitted under questioning that he believes it is impossible for the President of the United States to ever obstruct justice, and certainly not when there is no underlying crime. Both of which are patently false and in complete violations of the Founding Principles of the Republic as set out in the Constitution, and the systems of checks and balances on President power and authority it contains.

Republicans cannot stonewall the people forever. The people rebuked them in the mid-terms. It'll be a massive victory compared to what will happen in the Presidential if the President continues to lie to the people, and if the Senate continues to block legislation coming from the House in terms of voters' rights, the Violence Against Women Act, about the work the Democrats are doing on behalf of the American people that Mitch McConnell is blocking in the Senate.

Did Barr lie when he answered the question about if Mueller agreed with his 4-page summary, and Barr said he didn't know. Which was after Barr got Mueller's snitty letter saying barr's meme lacked "context", but basically agreed with the decision not to charge the president.

Of course you don't. You don't see what Trump says as a lie. You won't recognize a lie if it jumped up and slapped you in the face.

Of course you don't. You don't see what Trump says as a lie. You won't recognize a lie if it jumped up and slapped you in the face.

O lied repeatedly for 8 solid years. Your croc tears are falling on deaf ears.

Barr Won’t Say If Trump Asked Him To Investigate His Political Opponents

Seems like a simple yes or no answer. Why wouldn't he answer?

Maybe because you're citing Hufflepuff Post, and they're lying to you and laughing at what a gullible buffoon you are for eating it up?

Duh, I heard Barr say it LIVE today. Didn't you watch it?

Unlike you, I have a job and a life and responsibilities beyond sitting and obsessively watching the media for confirmation of my biases and conspiracy theories.

Barr announced that he will NOT appear before the House tomorrow - per CNN. However, the House intends to go ahead with the hearing at 9:00 am on Thursday morning as scheduled.

Why won't the AG go before the house? If his shit is correct he has nothing to fear.
/—-/ He’s answered the questions, he’d supplied the unredacted report. Anything else is a dog and pony show to stretch this out till the 2020 election.

And to cover up for the fact that they demand answers, and then refuse to accept them if they aren't the answers they want.

Rachel Maddow will be interviewing Hillary Clinton in just a few minutes. I'm curious to hear what they have to say about Barr's testimony today. Should be interesting.

Well, then, you're the only "person" in North America who thinks Hillary has anything meaningful or relevant to say.

Barr announced that he will NOT appear before the House tomorrow - per CNN. However, the House intends to go ahead with the hearing at 9:00 am on Thursday morning as scheduled.

Why won't the AG go before the house? If his shit is correct he has nothing to fear.
/—-/ He’s answered the questions, he’d supplied the unredacted report. Anything else is a dog and pony show to stretch this out till the 2020 election.

And to cover up for the fact that they demand answers, and then refuse to accept them if they aren't the answers they want.
/—-/The democRATs have to force Barr out as AG before he investigates the instigators of the Steel Dossier

Forum List

Back