Mueller told Barr his memo failed to fully capture "context/nature/substance" of Mueller's probe

Mueller is reportedly willing to testify before Congress - but the DOJ refuses to set a date. However, Mueller is still a DOJ employee. His employment will soon end - then he can testify before Congress without DOJ approval.

Mueller stated that Barr's letter was accurate and not misleading. What's the problem?

Mueller said it, not me. You guys are dreaming.
LINK PLEASE.

:cuckoo:

The DOJ said it, its buried in the middle of the article.
Mike stated MUELLER said it... :D

The provided proof he said it. :itsok:

Per Washington Post. Being reported on CNN. Link below.

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III expressed his concerns in a letter to William P. Barr after the attorney general publicized Mueller's principal conclusions. Mueller also pressed Barr in a phone call to release executive summaries of his report.

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III wrote a letter in late March complaining to Attorney General William P. Barr that a four-page memo to Congress describing the principal conclusions of the investigation into President Trump “did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance” of Mueller’s work, according to a copy of the letter reviewed Tuesday by The Washington Post.

At the time the letter was sent on March 27, Barr had announced that Mueller had not found a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russian officials seeking to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. Barr also said Mueller had not reached a conclusion about whether Trump had tried to obstruct justice, but Barr reviewed the evidence and found it insufficient to support such a charge.

Days after Barr’s announcement, Mueller wrote a previously unknown private letter to the Justice Department, which revealed a degree of dissatisfaction with the public discussion of Mueller’s work that shocked senior Justice Department officials, according to people familiar with the discussions.

More: Mueller complained to Barr that memo did not capture ‘context’ of probe

Good for Mueller speaking out about his report being twisted by Barr.

Well...you could read the actual report and decide yourself.......right?

Per Washington Post. Being reported on CNN. No link yet.

I was LONG waiting for Mueller to speak up.......Even the redacted, released report makes Barr's "summary" seem like the fat moron's conclusion, a paid-for piece of obfuscation by a full-fledged Trump STOOGE.....

Barr..........especially if he fails to testify before the House judiciary committee will face impeachment....and THAT is much better than Trump's impeachment chatter (Mnuchin???.........are you listening??)................LOVE IT !!!

Considering he released the actual report a few days later......what exactly is your problem?

Rachel Maddow will be interviewing Hillary Clinton in just a few minutes. I'm curious to hear what they have to say about Barr's testimony today. Should be interesting.
/——-/ Will Hildabeast be under oath this time?

She was under oath for ELEVEN hours during the Benghazi kangaroo court hearing.

And she answered every fucking question those idiots put to her, unlike Barr who is the WORST liar I've every seen. He clearly wasn't prepared to answer that question as to whether Trump has ever asked him to investigate his enemies, or discussed the various investigations currently underway.

And there sits Hillary, who has endured 35 years of investigations based on Republican rumours and lies, and who has never once been charged with a crime because there has never once been ANY evidence, ANY WITNESSES, or any crimes committed, and you assholes still call her a criminal.

Do YOU think it is acceptable for Sen. Hirono to rape and torture small children and animals?

Simply hilarious.
Then Mueller pouring salt into the wound by saying the MEDIA, not Barr was distorting the report was simply glorious.

Now it’s onto Trump taxes! That’s it! Any day now it will be shown Obama let Trump skip paying taxes owed!

Then it’s IMPEACHMENT!
Actually Mueller said Barr misrepresented the report.

And tRump has been foaming at the mouth for a lot longer than 72 hours.
I see your reading comprehension is screwed.... try reading what he said SLOWLY...
Yeah, nope. He still says Barr misrepresented the report.

And I still haven't seen him or anyone ese cite a specific "misrepresentation".
"Exonerated" is a misrepresentation.

Also a flat out lie.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
March 27, 2019

The Honorable William P. Barr
Attorney General of the United States
Department of Justice
Washington, D.C.

Re: Report of the Special Counsel on the Investigation Into Russian Interference in the 2016 Presidential Election and Obstruction of Justice (March 2019)

Dear Attorney General Barr:

I previously sent you a letter dated March 25, 2019, that enclosed the introduction and executive summary for each volume of the Special Counsel's report marked with redactions to remove any information that potentially could be protected by Federal Rule of Criminal Procedure 6(e); that concerned declination decisions; or that related to a charged case. We also had marked an additional two sentences for review and have now confirmed that these sentences can be released publicly.

Accordingly, the enclosed documents are in a form that can be released to the public consistent with legal requirements and Department policies. I am requesting that you provide these materials to Congress and authorize their public release at this time.

As we stated in our meeting of March 5 and reiterated to the Department early in the afternoon of March 24, the introductions and executive summaries of our two-volume report accurately summarize this Office's work and conclusions. The summary letter the Department sent to Congress and released to the public late in the afternoon of March 24 did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance of this Office's work and conclusions. We communicated that concern to the Department on the morning of March 25. There is now public confusion about critical aspects of the results of our investigation. This threatens to undermine a central purpose for which the Department appointed the Special Counsel: to assure full public confidence in the outcome of the investigations. See Department of Justice, Press Release (May 17, 2017).

While we understand that the Department is reviewing the full report to determine what is appropriate for public release — a process that our Office is working with you to complete — that process need not delay release of the enclosed materials. Release at this time would alleviate the misunderstandings that have arisen and would answer congressional and public questions about the nature and outcome of our investigation. It would also accord with the standard for public release of notifications to Congress cited in your letter. See 28 C.F.R. § 609(c) ("the Attorney General may determine that public release" of congressional notifications "would be in the public interest").

Sincerely yours,

Robert S. Mueller, III
Special Counsel

READ: Mueller's Letter Expressing Concern About Barr's Summary Of His Report

"I got nothing."
"Same here."
Rachel-Maddow-Says-We-Shouldnt-Lose-Faith-In-Republicans-Because-Of-Trump.png

Also a flat out lie.

So the President was convicted then, creepazoid?

At least charged then, right?

Ah, you're just a fucking liar - :thup:

How many times do you morons have to be told that it is against DOJ policy to do those things?

The Grand Inquisitor found NO EVIDENCE to support the conclusion that obstruction occurred.

https://apps.npr.org/documents/document.html?id=5955997-Muellerreport

Read the fucking report, racist retard.

Also a flat out lie.

How many times do you morons have to be told that it is against DOJ policy to do those things?

The Grand Inquisitor found NO EVIDENCE to support the conclusion that obstruction occurred.

I have read most of it. More than you have. And that is going to become a real big problem for you as I start grinding your weasel ass up. Mueller found no such thing.

Rachel Maddow will be interviewing Hillary Clinton in just a few minutes. I'm curious to hear what they have to say about Barr's testimony today. Should be interesting.
/——-/ Will Hildabeast be under oath this time?

She was under oath for ELEVEN hours during the Benghazi kangaroo court hearing.

And she answered every fucking question those idiots put to her, unlike Barr who is the WORST liar I've every seen. He clearly wasn't prepared to answer that question as to whether Trump has ever asked him to investigate his enemies, or discussed the various investigations currently underway.

And there sits Hillary, who has endured 35 years of investigations based on Republican rumours and lies, and who has never once been charged with a crime because there has never once been ANY evidence, ANY WITNESSES, or any crimes committed, and you assholes still call her a criminal.

Agreed. She should run again for 2020. I still won’t vote for her, but it will be entertaining. Losing [emoji22].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This man wrote the special counsel policies.

Why Barr Can’t Whitewash the Mueller Report
We have a system in place for our government to uncover evidence against a sitting president. And it’s working.

By Neal K. Katyal
Mr. Katyal drafted the special counsel regulations under which Robert Mueller was appointed.

Many who watched Attorney General William Barr’s testimony on Wednesday before the Senate Judiciary Committee, which followed the revelation that the special counsel Robert Mueller had expressed misgivings about Mr. Barr’s characterization of his report, are despairing about the rule of law. I am not among them. I think the system is working, and inching, however slowly, toward justice.

When it comes to investigating a president, the special counsel regulations I had the privilege of drafting in 1998-99 say that such inquiries have one ultimate destination: Congress. That is where this process is going, and has to go. We are in the fifth inning, and we should celebrate a system in which our own government can uncover so much evidence against a sitting president.

Some commentators have attacked the special counsel regulations as giving the attorney general the power to close a case against the president, as Mr. Barr did with the obstruction of justice investigation into Donald Trump. But the critics’ complaint here is not with the regulations but with the Constitution itself. Article II gives the executive branch control over prosecutions, so there isn’t an easy way to remove the attorney general from the process.

Instead, the idea behind the regulations was to say, “We recognize the constitutional reality that the attorney general controls the prosecution power, so what else can we do?” My colleagues and I (which included many career officials at the Justice Department as well as bipartisan leaders in the House and Senate) settled on two things. First, provide a mechanism to enable an independent investigation, and thereby generate public confidence in the outcome of that investigation. Second, design that mechanism so that if the attorney general interferes with the special counsel’s inquiry, that interference would be reported to Congress and ultimately become public.

The underappreciated story right now is that we’ve not only learned that it was Mr. Barr — and pointedly not Mr. Mueller — who decided to clear President Trump of the obstruction charges, but also discovered the reasoning behind Mr. Barr’s decision. The American public and Congress now have the facts and evidence before them. The sunlight the regulations sought is shining.

Mr. Barr tried to spin these facts. He hid Mr. Mueller’s complaints, which were delivered to him in writing more than a month ago, even when Congress asked in a previous hearing about complaints by members of the special counsel's team. And the four-page letter that Mr. Barr issued in March and supposedly described the Mueller report omitted the two key factors driving the special counsel’s decision (which were hard to miss, as they were on the first two pages of the report’s volume about obstruction): First, that he could not indict a sitting president, so it would be unfair to accuse Mr. Trump of crimes even if he were guilty as sin; and second, Mr. Mueller could and would clear a sitting president, but he did not believe the facts cleared the president.

Opinion | Why Barr Can’t Whitewash the Mueller Report

Also a flat out lie.

I have read most of it. More than you have. And that is going to become a real big problem for you as I start grinding your weasel ass up. Mueller found no such thing.

I've read all of it.

It took two weekends but I slogged through it.

If you read it, then you know you are lying and you know the fascist media is lying. The Grand Inquisitor could find no crimes. Under the law, that is his only ability, to find crimes or not - and he did not.

The Weissman slander (vol. 2) offered no legal findings and was purely a political hatchet job.

This man wrote the special counsel policies.

Why Barr Can’t Whitewash the Mueller Report
We have a system in place for our government to uncover evidence against a sitting president. And it’s working.

By Neal K. Katyal
Mr. Katyal drafted the special counsel regulations under which Robert Mueller was appointed.

Many who watched Attorney General William Barr’s testimony on Wednesday before the Senate Judiciary Committee, which followed the revelation that the special counsel Robert Mueller had expressed misgivings about Mr. Barr’s characterization of his report, are despairing about the rule of law. I am not among them. I think the system is working, and inching, however slowly, toward justice.

When it comes to investigating a president, the special counsel regulations I had the privilege of drafting in 1998-99 say that such inquiries have one ultimate destination: Congress. That is where this process is going, and has to go. We are in the fifth inning, and we should celebrate a system in which our own government can uncover so much evidence against a sitting president.

Some commentators have attacked the special counsel regulations as giving the attorney general the power to close a case against the president, as Mr. Barr did with the obstruction of justice investigation into Donald Trump. But the critics’ complaint here is not with the regulations but with the Constitution itself. Article II gives the executive branch control over prosecutions, so there isn’t an easy way to remove the attorney general from the process.

Instead, the idea behind the regulations was to say, “We recognize the constitutional reality that the attorney general controls the prosecution power, so what else can we do?” My colleagues and I (which included many career officials at the Justice Department as well as bipartisan leaders in the House and Senate) settled on two things. First, provide a mechanism to enable an independent investigation, and thereby generate public confidence in the outcome of that investigation. Second, design that mechanism so that if the attorney general interferes with the special counsel’s inquiry, that interference would be reported to Congress and ultimately become public.

The underappreciated story right now is that we’ve not only learned that it was Mr. Barr — and pointedly not Mr. Mueller — who decided to clear President Trump of the obstruction charges, but also discovered the reasoning behind Mr. Barr’s decision. The American public and Congress now have the facts and evidence before them. The sunlight the regulations sought is shining.

Mr. Barr tried to spin these facts. He hid Mr. Mueller’s complaints, which were delivered to him in writing more than a month ago, even when Congress asked in a previous hearing about complaints by members of the special counsel's team. And the four-page letter that Mr. Barr issued in March and supposedly described the Mueller report omitted the two key factors driving the special counsel’s decision (which were hard to miss, as they were on the first two pages of the report’s volume about obstruction): First, that he could not indict a sitting president, so it would be unfair to accuse Mr. Trump of crimes even if he were guilty as sin; and second, Mr. Mueller could and would clear a sitting president, but he did not believe the facts cleared the president.

Opinion | Why Barr Can’t Whitewash the Mueller Report

It's over, you lost. Even if you are too stupid to grasp it.

Tell me, do you think you Stalinists came out on top today? Do you think Hirono "really showed" Barr with her demagoguery and lies?

Considering he released the actual report a few days later......what exactly is your problem?

Twenty FIVE days later.......and redacted......AND, after Trump had ample time to convince his ass kissers of FULL exoneration since you dimwits have a hard time reading the actual report......

For example....How may of the Trump cult members on here STILL believe that Trump was fully exonerated???

LMAO

Twenty FIVE days later.......and redacted......AND, after Trump had ample time to convince his ass kissers of FULL exoneration since you dimwits have a hard time reading the actual report......

For example....How may of the Trump cult members on here STILL believe that Trump was fully exonerated???

LMAO

Oh REDACTED. Oh my ALLAH, the AG didn't commit felonies by releasing grand jury testimony...

iu

Per Washington Post. Being reported on CNN. Link below.

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III expressed his concerns in a letter to William P. Barr after the attorney general publicized Mueller's principal conclusions. Mueller also pressed Barr in a phone call to release executive summaries of his report.

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III wrote a letter in late March complaining to Attorney General William P. Barr that a four-page memo to Congress describing the principal conclusions of the investigation into President Trump “did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance” of Mueller’s work, according to a copy of the letter reviewed Tuesday by The Washington Post.

At the time the letter was sent on March 27, Barr had announced that Mueller had not found a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russian officials seeking to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. Barr also said Mueller had not reached a conclusion about whether Trump had tried to obstruct justice, but Barr reviewed the evidence and found it insufficient to support such a charge.

Days after Barr’s announcement, Mueller wrote a previously unknown private letter to the Justice Department, which revealed a degree of dissatisfaction with the public discussion of Mueller’s work that shocked senior Justice Department officials, according to people familiar with the discussions.

More: Mueller complained to Barr that memo did not capture ‘context’ of probe

Just out of curiosity....
What prevented Mueller from relaying his concerns, publicly
through the media...he was concerned enough to write Barr
but, not concerned enough to go one step further

Forum List

Back