Mueller told Barr his memo failed to fully capture "context/nature/substance" of Mueller's probe

Mueller is going to testify this week in Congress.
That would be my first question, "Do you agree or disagree with the Barr summary of your report?"

From the Washington Compost:

“When Barr pressed Mueller on whether he thought Barr’s memo to Congress was inaccurate, Mueller said he did not but felt that the media coverage of it was misinterpreting the investigation, officials said.”

So in other words, even Mueller said that Barr didn't lie; he just wasn't mean enough to Trump for Mueller's taste.

Barr grossly misled the American public! No wonder Mueller is pissed.

It has to be tough when Mueller's own words blow up your argument. I still don't think you are too far gone. Get on the right side of history now. Its not too late!

You haven't read a single word of Mueller's, doofus. Remember what you were "quoting": "officials said."

Barr seriously misrepresented Mueller's findings. Whoever is now willing to believe any characterization by Barr of any subsequent conversations with Mueller should have his head examined. If you however believe that Mueller wrote Barr a scorching letter merely because the media got it wrong and the public is befuddled because of that, you can spare yourself the examination.

Did he? Misrepresented, huh? Well, you've read Barr's letter - or the parts quoted in your talking points memo, anyway - and you've read Mueller's report - or the parts quoted in your talking points. Please explain to us EXACTLY what Barr said which "misrepresented" Mueller's report, or was inaccurate in any way.

Go Mueller!

If that's what you hope is going to happen, you will be disappointed. Mueller is motivated by nothing other than protecting the Constitution and the institutions it creates and sustains, I strongly believe. That includes the office of the president, and also the DoJ, even while he might despise the current office holders. So, he might explain his report in public testimony, but he will not be an attack dog. No way, no how.

BS. Mueller's a professional, but his report and this subsequent tempest in a teapot make it clear that he's motivated by a political agenda, even if his legal professionalism stops him short of doing more than blowing smoke.

Simply hilarious.
Then Mueller pouring salt into the wound by saying the MEDIA, not Barr was distorting the report was simply glorious.

Now it’s onto Trump taxes! That’s it! Any day now it will be shown Obama let Trump skip paying taxes owed!

Then it’s IMPEACHMENT!
Actually Mueller said Barr misrepresented the report.

And tRump has been foaming at the mouth for a lot longer than 72 hours.
I see your reading comprehension is screwed.... try reading what he said SLOWLY...
Yeah, nope. He still says Barr misrepresented the report.

And I still haven't seen him or anyone ese cite a specific "misrepresentation".

U.S. Senator Mazie K. Hirono from Hawaii just told Wolf Blitzer that the Trump White House is a "moral dead zone". Damn, that says it all.

Yeah, it says "Blatant, laughable hypocrisy". Hirono has no room to say a word about "moral dead zones". Kinda like you.

U.S. Senator Mazie K. Hirono from Hawaii just told Wolf Blitzer that the Trump White House is a "moral dead zone". Damn, that says it all.
/——/ Maxie is just promoting Biden’s campaign slogan Make America Moral Again - but abortions and ghey marriage will continue.

Abortions are legal. Gay marriages are legal. So, what's your problem?

The fact that fools like you don't know the difference between "moral" and "legal" . . . or even that there IS a difference.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
He doesn't have to be an attack dog. Him stating the facts will suffice.

Not based on the rabid things I hear from the haters. If he falls to give them Trump's head on a platter, they'll insist he's lying.

The rabid haters are you Trump people. That's why you're still demanding investigations about nothing. The facts puts Trumps head on a platter and what you guys refuse to believe, as with everything else, is that your version of things are not how things actually are.
Emotions overcoming intelligence, it’s their national platform.

That's rich coming from the "lock her up
The full letter has been released...... and sorry to the OP and other sheep.... it clearly shows the media totally mischaracterized the letter.
He said no such thing.

No it does not. Muellers words are plain.

“The summary letter the Department sent to Congress and released to the public late in the afternoon of March 24 did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance of this office’s work and conclusions,” Mueller wrote. “There is now public confusion about critical aspects of the results of our investigation. This threatens to undermine a central purpose for which the Department appointed the Special Counsel: to assure full public confidence in the outcome of the investigations.”
well mr. mueller, why no sealed indictments then? it seems he did characterize it correctly. what did Barr miss? there you go, go ask him those questions.

You ask him. I've known Trump has been a crook for over 30 years.

I wouldn't trust Barr to tell me if it was day or night.

Go Mueller!

If that's what you hope is going to happen, you will be disappointed. Mueller is motivated by nothing other than protecting the Constitution and the institutions it creates and sustains, I strongly believe. That includes the office of the president, and also the DoJ, even while he might despise the current office holders. So, he might explain his report in public testimony, but he will not be an attack dog. No way, no how.

He doesn't have to be an attack dog. Him stating the facts will suffice.

Not based on the rabid things I hear from the haters. If he falls to give them Trump's head on a platter, they'll insist he's lying.

The rabid haters are you Trump people. That's why you're still demanding investigations about nothing. The facts puts Trumps head on a platter and what you guys refuse to believe, as with everything else, is that your version of things are not how things actually are.

I have demanded investigations of nothing. I have, however, chortled mightily at the ongoing anti Trump hate and blather coming from the usual suspects. They are truly unhinged, and I fully expect them to turn on Mueller in an instant is he fails in the quest they demand of him.

Mueller is not going to fail. He hasn't yet.

Barr announced that he will NOT appear before the House tomorrow - per CNN. However, the House intends to go ahead with the hearing at 9:00 am on Thursday morning as scheduled.

Why won't the AG go before the house? If his shit is correct he has nothing to fear.

Per Washington Post. Being reported on CNN. Link below.

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III expressed his concerns in a letter to William P. Barr after the attorney general publicized Mueller's principal conclusions. Mueller also pressed Barr in a phone call to release executive summaries of his report.

Special counsel Robert S. Mueller III wrote a letter in late March complaining to Attorney General William P. Barr that a four-page memo to Congress describing the principal conclusions of the investigation into President Trump “did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance” of Mueller’s work, according to a copy of the letter reviewed Tuesday by The Washington Post.

At the time the letter was sent on March 27, Barr had announced that Mueller had not found a conspiracy between the Trump campaign and Russian officials seeking to interfere in the 2016 presidential election. Barr also said Mueller had not reached a conclusion about whether Trump had tried to obstruct justice, but Barr reviewed the evidence and found it insufficient to support such a charge.

Days after Barr’s announcement, Mueller wrote a previously unknown private letter to the Justice Department, which revealed a degree of dissatisfaction with the public discussion of Mueller’s work that shocked senior Justice Department officials, according to people familiar with the discussions.

More: Mueller complained to Barr that memo did not capture ‘context’ of probe

Good for Mueller speaking out about his report being twisted by Barr.

Your screwed, spin it anyway you and the media want, it is OVER!

When your peeps get indicted, your thread will be a memory, as you try and defend YOUR PERPS!

It just doesn't look like that is the case.

James Comey To William Barr: Trump ‘Has Eaten Your Soul’

Comey is an obnoxious asshole - but he's right about that.

Trump is so corrupt, he soils and disfigures everything in his orbit. Quite naturally, this monument to corruption whined for years he wanted an AG who would act as his Roy Cohn. Roy Cohn, of course, was a corrupt sleazebag in his own right. Upon hearing there was an opening because Sessions got the boot in Trump's signature humiliating way (not that Sessions deserved any less), Barr jumped up and down for weeks, even offered a proof of his willingness to bend the law on obstruction of justice to demonstrate his sleazy subservience, yelling, "Here, I, choose me, that's exactly the job I desperately want! Make me your Roy Cohn, I'll be everything you want!"

And Comey, the sanctimonious, pompous asshole, actually thinks there's a "soul" to eat.

I wonder if Comey, Page, Strozk and that crew still have secret meetings and plans? Do they meet in a treehouse somewhere? Secret handshakes? Perhaps by Ham radio?

They never had them in the first place.

Barr announced that he will NOT appear before the House tomorrow - per CNN. However, the House intends to go ahead with the hearing at 9:00 am on Thursday morning as scheduled.

Why won't the AG go before the house? If his shit is correct he has nothing to fear.
/—-/ He’s answered the questions, he’d supplied the unredacted report. Anything else is a dog and pony show to stretch this out till the 2020 election.

Forum List

Back