Muhammad Ali was a Coward

Yea Ali hated racist white people -- especially the ones who were going around hanging black people who looked just like him and getting away with it.

Other than that, yea ..he was a racist

Racism, black supremacy and anti-americanism was just Mr. Ali's schtick- a way for him to sell tickets to his fights.

He really could care less about that, if he thought more people would pay to see him as a patriot, that's what he would have done.

Ali was proven right about the Vietnam war

Another worthless comment by a worthless poster. All Ali proved is that islam doesn't believe in countries so why would he fight for one.....one that made him a famous millionaire for beating the hell out of other negroes. If you knew anything about Vietnam and what happened there, you might think twice about being a closet-communist.
Well...Tom--I know a bit about Vietnam..where would you like to start? Where Ho Chi Minh was an OSS asset who helped downed US pilots evade the Japanese and return home? Perhaps we could begin with the letter that Ho sent to Truman, pleading for US recognition? Maybe..at the election that Ho won--that we disdained to recognize..instead we helped reestablish French colonial rule?
Maybe that's the sweet spot..when the French returned to Vietnam..and released the Japanese prisoners of war that were being held..and put them in place as a police force against the very people they had oppressed during the brutal occupation?

Ho’s Letter to President Truman in February 1946

Ali would never have gotten anywhere near combat....same as Elvis, he would have been shipped off to Germany or Japan and done USO shows with Bob Hope and Joey Heatherton/Ann Margaret.

Racism, black supremacy and anti-americanism was just Mr. Ali's schtick- a way for him to sell tickets to his fights.

He really could care less about that, if he thought more people would pay to see him as a patriot, that's what he would have done.
I expect you to be ignorant of the subject -- and I also find it funny how people say "this country made him rich, he should fight" -- but you racists cucks never say that when speaking about Cheney, Trump, etc...so fuck what you talking about..

And this is what King said about Ali's sacrifice "He is giving up his fame," King said. "He is giving up millions of dollars in order to stand for what his conscience tells him is right. No matter what you think of his religion, you have to admire his courage." -- but I guess King was lying too

Well...Tom--I know a bit about Vietnam..where would you like to start? Where Ho Chi Minh was an OSS asset who helped downed US pilots evade the Japanese and return home? Perhaps we could begin with the letter that Ho sent to Truman, pleading for US recognition? Maybe..at the election that Ho won--that we disdained to recognize..instead we helped reestablish French colonial rule?
Maybe that's the sweet spot..when the French returned to Vietnam..and released the Japanese prisoners of war that were being held..and put them in place as a police force against the very people they had oppressed during the brutal occupation?

No you don't...you've read about it.....I served there '67-'68....everywhere from An Khe to Hue on the Bong Son plateau during the Tet.

I expect you to be ignorant of the subject -- and I also find it funny how people say "this country made him rich, he should fight" -- but you racists cucks never say that when speaking about Cheney, Trump, etc...so fuck what you talking about..

And this is what King said about Ali's sacrifice "He is giving up his fame," King said. "He is giving up millions of dollars in order to stand for what his conscience tells him is right. No matter what you think of his religion, you have to admire his courage." -- but I guess King was lying too

King was a notorious liar...that's why Bobby Kennedy ordered Hoover to wiretap him for having communist inclinations....that's right your H E R O thought King was a dangerous individual.

Another worthless comment by a worthless poster. All Ali proved is that islam doesn't believe in countries so why would he fight for one.....one that made him a famous millionaire for beating the hell out of other negroes. If you knew anything about Vietnam and what happened there, you might think twice about being a closet-communist.
So, if you cannot honestly debate, resort to calling the other person a communist. Asshole, you are a damned fool. Did you serve? Did you serve in combat? I know many that did and came back to protest the war. They knew up close and personal the horrible errors made there.

No you don't...you've read about it.....I served there '67-'68....everywhere from An Khe to Hue on the Bong Son plateau during the Tet.
OK, then are all those that served in active combat, and came back to protest the war communists? Or are they people that have a more realistic view of what was going on.

OK, then are all those that served in active combat, and came back to protest the war communists? Or are they people that have a more realistic view of what was going on.

You never knew any combat Vets....just more garbage from a garbage vendor.

As did I..silly rabbit. I'm sure you'd disdain my service..as I was just a lowly radioman aboard a minesweeper--Oh, we took a bit of fire from time to time..I once had to fight a fire and operate a Morse key at the some time..a lively moment, to be sure--but nothing next to Tet!

Here's the thing though--a grunt's eye view of the war still does not qualify one to pontificate on the political reasoning behind the war. I WAS there AND I've read about it--extensively.

You want to speak of atrocity...well..there are always atrocities..on all sides..in any war. Our hands were not clean... by any stretch of the imagination.

But here's the thing...we did not have to fight that war..we were on the wrong side. Simple as that. You disagree..fine.
You earned that right..but unless you can factually refute my points....I suggest you take a break.

Ali was willing to give up all his fame and fortune to fight against an unjust war

He was an American Patriot
So was Jane Fonda

You never knew any combat Vets....just more garbage from a garbage vendor.
And you are just an anonymous poster, and, more than likely, a thief of honor. See how that works?

John Kerry was a hero

If it were that simple--I tend to doubt many come back Communists--I think for most of us it was a disgust at the waste..and at the way the war was being run---not so much ideological differences. I hate Communism...as it has been effected in the world. But Vietnam was a waste, a boondoggle and a lie--force-fed to the American people.
My conscience required that I serve...and it required that I protested after.

As did I..silly rabbit. I'm sure you'd disdain my service..as I was just a lowly radioman aboard a minesweeper--Oh, we took a bit of fire from time to time..I once had to fight a fire and operate a Morse key at the some time..a lively moment, to be sure--but nothing next to Tet!

Here's the thing though--a grunt's eye view of the war still does not qualify one to pontificate on the political reasoning behind the war. I WAS there AND I've read about it--extensively.

You want to speak of atrocity...well..there are always atrocities..on all sides..in any war. Our hands were not clean... by any stretch of the imagination.

But here's the thing...we did not have to fight that war..we were on the wrong side. Simple as that. You disagree..fine.
You earned that right..but unless you can factually refute my points....I suggest you take a break.

I don't disdain anybody's service who actually got to Vietnam....even REMFers did their jobs before they stole our beer and steaks. Why should I "take a break" because you want to prattle on about whether Ho was a nationalist or a communist?...who gives a shit? His cadre terrorized both the north and south, stole their rice crop, conscripted/kidnapped their boys into service, murdered any village leader who opposed them, and got them targeted by us by making them hide ordnance and supplies for them. I was in injun country 285 days during my tour...1/7-2/5 AC/AM 11F40 Echo recon, LRRP.....if nothing else, we saved Thailand from those murdering cocksuckers.

I don't disdain anybody's service who actually got to Vietnam....even REMFers did their jobs before they stole our beer and steaks. Why should I "take a break" because you want to prattle on about whether Ho was a nationalist or a communist?...who gives a shit? His cadre terrorized both the north and south, stole their rice crop, conscripted/kidnapped their boys into service, murdered any village leader who opposed them, and got them targeted by us by making them hide ordnance and supplies for them. I was in injun country 285 days during my tour...1/7-2/5 AC/AM 11F40 Echo recon, LRRP.....if nothing else, we saved Thailand from those murdering cocksuckers.
Yet the treachery of communism never came to be
The dreaded domino theory never happened. Vietnam is doing well economically and many Americans visit every year

An outcome not worth killing a million people over

A LURPer eh? All respect!

Lessee..we conscripted our boys. We terrorized both the North and South--destroyed rice crops, remember good ole Agent Orange?...shot water buffalo--not comical at all..as the buffs were important. We murdered village leaders that opposed us..as a LURP, I hardly need remind you of Phoenix, now do I? We got villages targeted by forcing them to cooperate with us...Heart and Minds killed tens of thousands that way.

Thailand? I dunno...I doubt that Thailand was on Ho's agenda. China's? Oh sure---but China was an ally of convenience for North Vietnam. As soon as the war was over..China was kicked to the curb..and when they thought to invade..they got a taste of just how good the North Vietnamese army had become...and shuffled home..sadder, and I dare say..wiser.

BTW..your comment about beer and steaks....should drive home the fundamental difference between the sides. No beer and steaks for Ho's boys and girls, fish-heads and rice.

You cannot beat a people fighting for their country..unless you kill them all..to the last person.

Fuck Muhammad Ali. He could have been like Joe Louis and went to draft for troop morale. Real men were in the jungles...not back home burning draft cards.

But dodging the draft 5 times isn’t cowardly? Ali had the guts to say no and refused to serve. He took the consequences unlike another person I know who got magical bone spurs.

A LURPer eh? All respect!

Lessee..we conscripted our boys. We terrorized both the North and South--destroyed rice crops, remember good ole Agent Orange?...shot water buffalo--not comical at all..as the buffs were important. We murdered village leaders that opposed us..as a LURP, I hardly need remind you of Phoenix, now do I? We got villages targeted by forcing them to cooperate with us...Heart and Minds killed tens of thousands that way.

Thailand? I dunno...I doubt that Thailand was on Ho's agenda. China's? Oh sure---but China was an ally of convenience for North Vietnam. As soon as the war was over..China was kicked to the curb..and when they thought to invade..they got a taste of just how good the North Vietnamese army had become...and shuffled home..sadder, and I dare say..wiser.

BTW..your comment about beer and steaks....should drive home the fundamental difference between the sides. No beer and steaks for Ho's boys and girls, fish-heads and rice.

You cannot beat a people fighting for their country..unless you kill them all..to the last person.

We weren't assassins....we scouted and did stay-behinds in areas infantry had moved on from. AO was never dropped on crops...only jungle canopy. On occasion we did LRP draw-fire missions or kidnaps....I got my E-5 by engineering a VC payroll heist but mostly we tried to prevent patrols from walking into ambushes. We were good enough at fucking with them that they put bounties out on us. Again, you weren't in the field so you're saying things that just ain't right...these after-the-fact overviews drive us crazy. Fishheads? please....

Are you one of those nuts who screams “race traitor!” and “genocide!” When you see an interracial couple?

Does hating racist white people trigger you?

Ali was not fond of people who wanted to see him and people like him oppressed and lynched. Only buckdancing minstrels like Jesse Lee or Diamond and Silk would be in favor of that.

???
Are you one of those nuts who screams “race traitor!” and “genocide!” When you see an interracial couple?

Does hating racist white people trigger you?

Ali was not fond of people who wanted to see him and people like him oppressed and lynched. Only buckdancing minstrels like Jesse Lee or Diamond and Silk would be in favor of that.

????

What does that have to do with my post?

Forum List

Back