Muhammad becomes first Muslim American to represent the US Olympic Team wearing a hijab

She's the only one for whom this is her first Olympics..."Muhammad won bronze medals in two of the first three world cup events this season"

Don't see what's so bad about her credentials.

1. she is 30 years old and still has a weak Bio.

2. the rest of the bios are filled with actual world rankings

3. the only other one with a thin bio is the 22 year old who is in first olympics.

No one is celebrating attire, just the right and freedom to wear it. I've yet to see folks attacking the Amish for dressing Amish.
I've yet to see Amish blowing up buildings, killing gays in night clubs or slitting throats of non-believers either.

"I've yet to see Amish blowing up buildings, killing gays in night clubs or slitting throats of non-believers either."

But but but....oh hold on, I forgot, um The Crusades and stuff :eusa_doh::thup:

And again, the Crusades wouldn't have been necessary if the Muslims had of behaved

No one is celebrating attire, just the right and freedom to wear it. I've yet to see folks attacking the Amish for dressing Amish.
I've yet to see Amish blowing up buildings, killing gays in night clubs or slitting throats of non-believers either.

"I've yet to see Amish blowing up buildings, killing gays in night clubs or slitting throats of non-believers either."

Religious freedom is religious freedom in this country - people have the freedom to wear religious clothing whether it's headscarves, kippahs etc.

As long as the naughty bits are covered.:boobies:

A great face of changing America

In addition to being eighth worldwide, the New Jersey native arrived at the Olympic Games ranked No. 2 in the U.S., yet her greatness goes beyond her athleticism.

Muhammad, who attended Duke on an academic scholarship, was one of Time's 100 Most influential People in 2016. In 2014, she launched her own clothing company called Louella which makes clothing that is both modest and fashion forward.

She is also a sports ambassador for the U.S. State Department's Empowering Women and Girls Through Sport Initiative and travels the world to teach girls the importance of sports and education.

Muhammad becomes first Muslim American to represent the US Olympic Team wearing a hijab

Muslim American fencer to Donald Trump: ‘I don’t have another home

Ibtihaj Muhammad, the fencer who happens to also be the first American Muslim woman to compete in the Olympics while wearing a hijab, had strong words for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump about his immigration plans for Muslims.

“I think his words are very dangerous,” Muhammad, who is competing in team sabre competition Monday morning, told CNN last week. “When these types of comments are made, no one thinks about how they really affect people. I’m African American. I don’t have another home to go to. My family was born here. I was born here. I’ve grown up in Jersey. All my family’s from Jersey.

Muslim American fencer to Donald Trump: ‘I don’t have another home’
She renounces Shariah law, she can stay.

Yes and now the enemy can easily spot him on the battlefield and kill him. You put people in danger all because of Political correctness.
I'm sure Capt Singh will be wearing a kevlar helmet and tactical gear like every other US soldier in the combat zone. ...... :cool:

A great face of changing America

In addition to being eighth worldwide, the New Jersey native arrived at the Olympic Games ranked No. 2 in the U.S., yet her greatness goes beyond her athleticism.

Muhammad, who attended Duke on an academic scholarship, was one of Time's 100 Most influential People in 2016. In 2014, she launched her own clothing company called Louella which makes clothing that is both modest and fashion forward.

She is also a sports ambassador for the U.S. State Department's Empowering Women and Girls Through Sport Initiative and travels the world to teach girls the importance of sports and education.

Muslim American fencer to Donald Trump: ‘I don’t have another home

Ibtihaj Muhammad, the fencer who happens to also be the first American Muslim woman to compete in the Olympics while wearing a hijab, had strong words for Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump about his immigration plans for Muslims.

“I think his words are very dangerous,” Muhammad, who is competing in team sabre competition Monday morning, told CNN last week. “When these types of comments are made, no one thinks about how they really affect people. I’m African American. I don’t have another home to go to. My family was born here. I was born here. I’ve grown up in Jersey. All my family’s from Jersey.

Muslim American fencer to Donald Trump: ‘I don’t have another home’
She renounces Shariah law, she can stay.

Dude...she's a multi-generation New Jersey-ite....and she fences.

I'm trying to figure out what that has to do with the freedom to wear religious garb in this country.
Work on it and see if you can figure out why most do not perceive the Amish as they do Muslims.

I understand things don't come easy to you.

I understand that what you said has nothing to do with the freedom to wear religious garb in this country. I'll wait until you figure that out.

In case you missed it: freedom of religion applies to all, not just those that meet with your approval.

"In case you missed it: freedom of religion applies to all, not just those that meet with your approval."

There is no place for either religion or politics in any sporting event or any sporting competition, why should people have to make exceptions for Islam, for Muslims to adapt the established sporting apparel?

if you actually start looking up their collegiate Bio's it gets even worse for Muhammed.

And that matters how?

She was good enough to win a spot on her team. I certainly don't see her team members shredding her - just you guys.

Yes and now the enemy can easily spot him on the battlefield and kill him. You put people in danger all because of Political correctness.
I'm sure Capt Singh will be wearing a kevlar helmet and tactical gear like every other US soldier in the combat zone. ...... :cool:

his faith didnt matter for years when he shaved and wore the proper uniform. this is just pc nonsense. and it puts soldiers at risk.

I'm trying to figure out what that has to do with the freedom to wear religious garb in this country.
Work on it and see if you can figure out why most do not perceive the Amish as they do Muslims.

I understand things don't come easy to you.

I understand that what you said has nothing to do with the freedom to wear religious garb in this country. I'll wait until you figure that out.

In case you missed it: freedom of religion applies to all, not just those that meet with your approval.

"In case you missed it: freedom of religion applies to all, not just those that meet with your approval."

There is no place for either religion or politics in any sporting event or any sporting competition, why should people have to make exceptions for Islam, for Muslims to adapt the established sporting apparel?

Exceptions are made all the time - we call it "reasonable accommodation", in terms of US law. They are made for Christians, Jews, Muslims. Most court cases don't involve Muslims, which is not surprising since the majority of our population is Christian, most accommodations are made for Christian sects.

his faith didnt matter for years when he shaved and wore the proper uniform. this is just pc nonsense. and it puts soldiers at risk.

Specifically...HOW does it put them at risk?

Religious freedom is religious freedom in this country - people have the freedom to wear religious clothing whether it's headscarves, kippahs etc.

"Religious freedom is religious freedom in this country - people have the freedom to wear religious clothing whether it's headscarves, kippahs etc."

But not in sporting competitions.

"As long as the naughty bits are covered.:boobies:"

The naughty bits should be covered, with the exception of all good looking males, who should be forced to participate in the manner that the original Olympians did :smoke:

if you actually start looking up their collegiate Bio's it gets even worse for Muhammed.

And that matters how?

She was good enough to win a spot on her team. I certainly don't see her team members shredding her - just you guys.

they are too busy putting the team ahead. they dont have time to deal with a back bencher drawling attention to herself.

Exactly what she is doing - putting the team ahead and playing for the team. Nothing to indicate she isn't, it's you guys making more of it then it is.

"Religious freedom is religious freedom in this country - people have the freedom to wear religious clothing whether it's headscarves, kippahs etc."

But not in sporting competitions.

"As long as the naughty bits are covered.:boobies:"

The naughty bits should be covered, with the exception of all good looking males, who should be forced to participate in the manner that the original Olympians did :smoke:

You're talking about a kind of...."special" Olympics......?

Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

iran vs usa- olympic semi final/fencing Men's Sabre Individual

xegmzgawqoauvq5l2d2o.jpg

T73EslWK.jpg

This is excellent Dani.

is this a serious post?

is this a serious post?

Absolutely. You made a claim. I'd like to know how it puts them at risk.

Forum List

Back