Muhammed or Hitler? Who Will Have The Highest Death Count When All Is Said And Done?

Just a thought...

Mohammed did not wage war on the world, he fought warring tribes in the western arab peninsula to unite a people, tribes that waged war on him for the most part.

>>
Ethics of warfare
See also: Islamic ethics
The basic principle in fighting in the Qur'an is that other communities should be treated as one's own. Fighting is justified for legitimate self-defense, to aid other Muslims and after a violation in the terms of a treaty, but should be stopped if these circumstances cease to exist.[3][4][5][6] The principle of forgiveness is reiterated in between the assertions of the right to self-defense.[3]

During his life, Muhammad gave various injunctions to his forces and adopted practices toward the conduct of war. The most important of these were summarized by Muhammad's companion and first Caliph, Abu Bakr, in the form of ten rules for the Muslim army:[7]

O people! I charge you with ten rules; learn them well!

Stop, O people, that I may give you ten rules for your guidance in the battlefield. Do not commit treachery or deviate from the right path. You must not mutilate dead bodies. Neither kill a child, nor a woman, nor an aged man. Bring no harm to the trees, nor burn them with fire, especially those which are fruitful. Slay not any of the enemy's flock, save for your food. You are likely to pass by people who have devoted their lives to monastic services; leave them alone.[7]

Defensive conflict
According to the majority of jurists, the Qur'anic casus belli (justification of war) are restricted to aggression against Muslims and fitna—persecution of Muslims because of their religious belief.[18]They hold that unbelief in itself is not the justification for war. These jurists therefore maintain that only combatants are to be fought; noncombatants such as women, children, clergy, the aged, the insane, farmers, serfs, the blind, and so on are not to be killed in war.[18] Thus, the Hanafī Ibn Najīm states: "the reason for jihād in our [the Hanafīs] view is kawnuhum harbā ‛alaynā [literally, their being at war against us]."[18][19] The Hanafī jurists al-Shaybānī and al-Sarakhsī state that "although kufr [unbelief in God] is one of the greatest sins, it is between the individual and his God the Almighty and the punishment for this sin is to be postponed to the dār al-jazā’, (the abode of reckoning, the Hereafter)."[18][20] War, according to the Hanafis, can't simply be made on the account of a nation's religion.[16] Abdulaziz Sachedina argues that the original jihad according to his version of Shi'ism was permission to fight back against those who broke their pledges. Thus the Qur'an justified defensive jihad by allowing Muslims to fight back against hostile and dangerous forces.[21]

Civilian areas[edit]
According to all Muslim scholars it is not permissible to kill women or children unless they are fighting against the Muslims. According to the Hanafi, Hanbali , Maliki , and Shafi'i schools it is not permissible to kill old men, monks, peasants, employees and traders (this meaning male non-combatants).

Harming civilian areas and pillaging residential areas is also forbidden,[34] as is the destruction of trees, crops, livestock and farmlands.[30][35] The Muslim forces may not loot travelers, as doing so is contrary to the spirit of jihad.[36] Nor do they have the right to use the local facilities of the native people without their consent. If such a consent is obtained, the Muslim army is still under the obligation to compensate the people financially for the use of such facilities. However, Islamic law allows the confiscation of military equipment and supplies captured from the camps and military headquarters of the combatant armies.[34][37]

Negotiations[edit]
Commentators of the Qur'an agree that Muslims should always be willing and ready to negotiate peace with the other party without any hesitation. According to Maududi, Islam does not permit Muslims to reject peace and continue bloodshed.[38]

Islamic jurisprudence calls for third party interventions as another means of ending conflicts. Such interventions are to establish mediation between the two parties to achieve a just resolution of the dispute.[39]
<<

Groups like ISIS and alqaida, etc. are not Islam

Oh ok I guess the terrorist's call to Allah not Muhammed. My bad.

Shame on you you infidel pigs. And now you utter yourselves to compare yourselves? May his dick bend you over in the afterlife. Hehehe.

Shame on you you infidel pigs. And now you utter yourselves to compare yourselves? May his dick bend you over in the afterlife. Hehehe.

We do not dare to classify or compare ourselves with some who commend themselves. When they measure themselves by themselves and compare themselves with themselves, they are not wise.
2 Corinthians 10:12

Islam is around 250 million killed so I'm thinking Muhammad.

Stalin was responsible for the death of around 50 million

World population at the time of Mohammed was only around 208 million. Arabia was around ten hundred thousand, perhaps

Just a thought...

Mohammed did not wage war on the world, he fought warring tribes in the western arab peninsula to unite a people, tribes that waged war on him for the most part.

>>
Ethics of warfare
The basic principle in fighting in the Qur'an is that other communities should be treated as one's own. Fighting is justified for legitimate self-defense, to aid other Muslims and after a violation in the terms of a treaty, but should be stopped if these circumstances cease to exist.[3][4][5][6] The principle of forgiveness is reiterated in between the assertions of the right to self-defense.[3]

During his life, Muhammad gave various injunctions to his forces and adopted practices toward the conduct of war. The most important of these were summarized by Muhammad's companion and first Caliph, Abu Bakr, in the form of ten rules for the Muslim army:[7]

Stop, O people, that I may give you ten rules for your guidance in the battlefield. Do not commit treachery or deviate from the right path. You must not mutilate dead bodies. Neither kill a child, nor a woman, nor an aged man. Bring no harm to the trees, nor burn them with fire, especially those which are fruitful. Slay not any of the enemy's flock, save for your food. You are likely to pass by people who have devoted their lives to monastic services; leave them alone.[7]

Defensive conflict
According to the majority of jurists, the Qur'anic casus belli (justification of war) are restricted to aggression against Muslims and fitna—persecution of Muslims because of their religious belief.[18]They hold that unbelief in itself is not the justification for war. These jurists therefore maintain that only combatants are to be fought; noncombatants such as women, children, clergy, the aged, the insane, farmers, serfs, the blind, and so on are not to be killed in war.[18] Thus, the Hanafī Ibn Najīm states: "the reason for jihād in our [the Hanafīs] view is kawnuhum harbā ‛alaynā [literally, their being at war against us]."[18][19] The Hanafī jurists al-Shaybānī and al-Sarakhsī state that "although kufr [unbelief in God] is one of the greatest sins, it is between the individual and his God the Almighty and the punishment for this sin is to be postponed to the dār al-jazā’, (the abode of reckoning, the Hereafter)."[18][20] War, according to the Hanafis, can't simply be made on the account of a nation's religion.[16] Abdulaziz Sachedina argues that the original jihad according to his version of Shi'ism was permission to fight back against those who broke their pledges. Thus the Qur'an justified defensive jihad by allowing Muslims to fight back against hostile and dangerous forces.[21]

Civilian areas[edit]
According to all Muslim scholars it is not permissible to kill women or children unless they are fighting against the Muslims. According to the Hanafi, Hanbali , Maliki , and Shafi'i schools it is not permissible to kill old men, monks, peasants, employees and traders (this meaning male non-combatants).

Harming civilian areas and pillaging residential areas is also forbidden,[34] as is the destruction of trees, crops, livestock and farmlands.[30][35] The Muslim forces may not loot travelers, as doing so is contrary to the spirit of jihad.[36] Nor do they have the right to use the local facilities of the native people without their consent. If such a consent is obtained, the Muslim army is still under the obligation to compensate the people financially for the use of such facilities. However, Islamic law allows the confiscation of military equipment and supplies captured from the camps and military headquarters of the combatant armies.[34][37]

Negotiations[edit]
Commentators of the Qur'an agree that Muslims should always be willing and ready to negotiate peace with the other party without any hesitation. According to Maududi, Islam does not permit Muslims to reject peace and continue bloodshed.[38]

Islamic jurisprudence calls for third party interventions as another means of ending conflicts. Such interventions are to establish mediation between the two parties to achieve a just resolution of the dispute.[39]
<<

They say they are. It's an internal war between factions.

Regardless, ISIS and other arose out of Islam, and I don't believe we are obligated to put ourselves at risk while we decide which is which.

Just a thought...

>>
Ethics of warfare

Defensive conflict

Civilian areas[edit]

Negotiations[edit]

<<

They say they are. It's an internal war between factions.

Regardless, ISIS and other arose out of Islam, and I don't believe we are obligated to put ourselves at risk while we decide which is which.

I full expect most coming from certain countries or have a lack of background information to not only be "heavily vetted but even quarantined for a period if allowed entry. Refugees should be returned ASAP once a safe zone is established.

Even though asking to come through legal immigration system should be vetted.

My father, despite being married to an american for decades, and my working alongside the US Embassy and the UN, and my later service in the military, or his long pedigree and documentation and letters of recommendation from leaders around the world or his appointment as IC judge, still was put through the wringer and he was not part of any radical or terrorist group, and by then retired.

I expect no less of anyone. I might not have liked it in his case but I understood it. Concern about him being a danger to the US seemed rather laughable, but that was the processes and while he lived with my mother and brother till he became a citizen, he still had to go back and return every few month while he waited.

Process should be the same for everyone.

Communism has killed more people in less than a hundred years than any other ideology in history. I believe it has racked up a death toll of around 150 million.

Forum List

Back