🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Muslim workers fired over prayer dispute

Call Cargill and ask, IDK. Why do you feel the need to defend Muslims at every turn....plus throw in a Christian insult? You a muzzie lover?

You also don't care. You're the kind of pseudo-Christian who seems to think "the whole of the Law" applies to someone else.

The only reason Cargill suddenly reversed a decades-long policy is because the likes of you called them "muzzie lovers."

Weak knows weak.

Employee breaks are scheduled. Never does an entire line or plant shut down for an employee break.

Prayer time is prayer time for everyone. No company can sustain this kind of burden.

When I was right out of college I worked for a company that was assembly line production, there is no way they could have provided breaks for prayers, those lines ran 24/7, 52 weeks a year, non stop. They struggled to keep the lines going during normal breaks and dinner/lunch breaks if they were not 100% staffed

It is pathetic the fake Christians here see Cargill as right for denying Muslims their right to prayer.

Cargill will be sued, will lose 10s of hundreds of millions of dollars in a class action law-suit and probably be forced to sell their plant to some other company that isn't a bunch of RELIGIOUS BIGOTS.

No, they walked off the job and refused to return to work, so that is cause to dismiss the individual.

No it's not, because the walk-off is related to a civil right, therefore it is not over yet. Unless you're a naive moron who doesn't think a law suit funded by $billions of dollars supported by CAIR, ACLU, and other liberal left-wing support groups isn't about to blast into the face of Cargill like a cannon at point blank range.

What fucking Civil Rights were denied to them?

Not one Civil Right was denied and to claim that they should be allow to pray and shut a line down is pure fucking stupid!

I would not accept a Christian right to do it nor a Muslim. The rules changed and they have the right to accept them or not, and if it is the fucking not part then fuck them and let them find a job that will allow them to pray whenever they want.

Right to Work states do not have to grant you the right to pray at work on their fucking dime, and you should know this!

Do other workers get smoke breaks?

While I'm torn on this topic...I believe it is the arbitrary nature of the break scheduling that creates the problem.

If it was the same time every day...that wouldn't be a problem. Breaks at 10am, lunch and 2pm for example. But the calculation of Muslim prayer changes the time daily.

Salah times - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Is that fair to the other employees? That lunch and breaks have to be moved around every few days or weeks?

Cargill is under no obligation to provide the accommodation if it puts the company under a hardship, it's an assembly type workplace and would create a unreasonable hardship to the company.

How would a worker's leaving the line to take a smoke break "cause unreasonable hardship"? Are you ignorant enough to think that these workers are proselytizing on the line? They're not Evangelicals.

It is pathetic the fake Christians here see Cargill as right for denying Muslims their right to prayer.

Cargill will be sued, will lose 10s of hundreds of millions of dollars in a class action law-suit and probably be forced to sell their plant to some other company that isn't a bunch of RELIGIOUS BIGOTS.
As long as you remain on these boards, I think the moderators should consider adding another button to click on besides those that say "agree" "informative" "funny" or "thank you."

They need one that says "total nonsense."

No, they walked off the job and refused to return to work, so that is cause to dismiss the individual.

No it's not, because the walk-off is related to a civil right, therefore it is not over yet. Unless you're a naive moron who doesn't think a law suit funded by $billions of dollars supported by CAIR, ACLU, and other liberal left-wing support groups isn't about to blast into the face of Cargill like a cannon at point blank range.

Not one Civil Right was denied and to claim that they should be allow to pray and shut a line down is pure fucking stupid!

I would not accept a Christian right to do it nor a Muslim. The rules changed and they have the right to accept them or not, and if it is the fucking not part then fuck them and let them find a job that will allow them to pray whenever they want.

Right to Work states do not have to grant you the right to pray at work on their fucking dime, and you should know this!

Religious practice is a civil right, as long as it isn't criminal in nature. That means companies cannot deny you the day off for your religious observances, or prayer breaks.

Sorry but you're like a bozo or something.

Where does it say they "shut the line down" and, if so, why was it okay for 10 years and suddenly isn't now?

Call Cargill and ask, IDK. Why do you feel the need to defend Muslims at every turn....plus throw in a Christian insult? You a muzzie lover?

You also don't care. You're the kind of pseudo-Christian who seems to think "the whole of the Law" applies to someone else.

The only reason Cargill suddenly reversed a decades-long policy is because the likes of you called them "muzzie lovers."

Weak knows weak.

Actually I'm pro business and think granting any employee prayer time is unreasonable, they are there to work

Religious practice is a civil right, as long as it isn't criminal in nature. That means companies cannot deny you the day off for your religious observances, or prayer breaks.

Are you fucking kidding me!

Show me the law in Colorado that supports your bullshit nonsense!

A company does not have to pay you for that time off nor do they have to pay you for that fucking break either!

You are the one being retarded here, and also they walked off the job and refused to return and right there they lose!

Go ahead bring your fucking lawsuit because you and CAIR will lose this one, and those worker will be jobless because a company does not have to give them breaks for their prayer while it is on the company dime!

Rules change and if you dislike the fucking rules find another job!

Cargill is under no obligation to provide the accommodation if it puts the company under a hardship, it's an assembly type workplace and would create a unreasonable hardship to the company.

How would a worker's leaving the line to take a smoke break "cause unreasonable hardship"? Are you ignorant enough to think that these workers are proselytizing on the line? They're not Evangelicals.
Muslims are Evangelicals but that's besides the point.

The Muslim religion is essentially Protestantism or Puritans, and in fact Protestants are probably influenced by Islam through the Crusades, explaining their break with 1,500 years of established Christianity.

A company does not have to pay you for that time off nor do they have to pay you for that fucking break either!

You are the one being retarded here, and also they walked off the job and refused to return and right there they lose!

Go ahead bring your fucking lawsuit because you and CAIR will lose this one, and those worker will be jobless because a company does not have to give them breaks for their prayer while it is on the company dime!

They don't have to pay for the break, just like they don't pay you on lunch breaks.

They just have to accommodate your civil rights.

This about prayer breaks, not smoke breaks. The company I worked for had three breaks a day from the lines, 15 mins in the AM, 30 mins a lunch and 15 more in the afternoon. That was it. You wanted to smoke, pray, pick your nose or whatever have at it but be back when that line starts again

Muslims are Evangelicals but that's besides the point.

The Muslim religion is essentially Protestantism or Puritans, and in fact Protestants are probably influenced by Islam through the Crusades, explaining their break with 1,500 years of established Christianity.

Oh, good grief. Don't tell me you describe yourself as a catholic? We really cannot take any more bad press.

Weak knows weak.

Actually I'm pro business and think granting any employee prayer time is unreasonable, they are there to work

So you'd deny your workers smoke breaks? What about lunch breaks? Bathroom breaks? Or just shackle 'em to the line until they drop?

Why was it okay for these workers to have prayer breaks for 10 years and suddenly they can't now? (Oh, please, please, please say "It's because they walked off the line" as if they walked off for no reason and not because they were told they could no longer have prayer breaks -!)

That company policy was reversed solely because of people like you shrieking about terraists.

Does Jesus read the Internet? Does he approve of the slime you post?

Where does it say they "shut the line down" and, if so, why was it okay for 10 years and suddenly isn't now?

Companies change their damn rules all of the time, and do not need anyone permission to do so.

Also 200 plus employees stopping all at once would shut the line down, so do not play coy with me!

I swear you guys would be with me on this if it were 200 Christians but seeing it is 200 Muslims those like you and Crusader believe their Civil Rights have been violated when in fact a company has the right to say not on their dime or time.

I do not have to pay a Christian for Christmas when they are off, or Easter, or any other religious holiday, and I do not have to pay a Muslim for their time off either nor do i have to pay for their prayer time and they would have to clock out to do it and if 200 worked for me then it would be in rotation and not all at once!

Now tell me how I am denying them their civil right to prayer and I should be forced to pay for them to do it on my time and dime when the fact is I do not have to!

This about prayer breaks, not smoke breaks. The company I worked for had three breaks a day from the lines, 15 mins in the AM, 30 mins a lunch and 15 more in the afternoon. That was it. You wanted to smoke, pray, pick your nose or whatever have at it but be back when that line starts again

Okay, and apparently that's how it was at Cargill for at least the 10 years these workers were there. Suddenly it isn't. There's only one reasonable explanation for that, but y'all just tie yourself in knots for the rest of the year pretending it's something else.

Weak knows weak.

So you'd deny your workers smoke breaks? What about lunch breaks? Bathroom breaks? Or just shackle 'em to the line until they drop?

Why was it okay for these workers to have prayer breaks for 10 years and suddenly they can't now? (Oh, please, please, please say "It's because they walked off the line" as if they walked off for no reason and not because they were told they could no longer have prayer breaks -!)

That company policy was reversed solely because of people like you shrieking about terraists.

Does Jesus read the Internet? Does he approve of the slime you post?

I just posted what the company offered, if someone needed to go to the restroom and it wasn't break time a team lead took their spot. Cargill is under no obligation to provide the accommodation if it disrupts production. That's law

They don't have to pay for the break, just like they don't pay you on lunch breaks.

They just have to accommodate your civil rights.

Holy fucking shit!

They have to accommodate you with two fifteen minute breaks and a half hour lunch in a eight hour day and nothing more. They do not have to stop production for your religion and to say they must is total bullshit.

The workers walked off the job with the new rule change fully aware that they would lose their job and those like you support their stupidity just because they are Muslim!

Fuck'em and hope they find another job that will accommodate them but the reality is those jobs are rare if any will be found in today time!

Okay, and apparently that's how it was at Cargill for at least the 10 years these workers were there. Suddenly it isn't. There's only one reasonable explanation for that, but y'all just tie yourself in knots for the rest of the year pretending it's something else.

A company has the right to stop it.

Rules change and again if you dislike the change find another job.

Forum List

Back