Must be nice: White dude with a Gun taken in peacefully after a 6 hour standoff

Here let me help you

WE F226 GBB Pistol Gun Guide Book.pdf

On the very last page of the manual it states

Do not aim at people even if it's unloaded

Surprising they didn't write "wink wink" in quotes beside that. The entire purpose of airsoft is to have mock battles. There are legal businesses that provide that in every state, and most mid size to large cities. You can ignore that if you want to, but it just shows how disingenuous you are.

Not according to the manufacturer.

The manufacturer has no control over how the public uses their product. They print their user manuals that say do not aim at another person even if unloaded.

It's in not the manufacturers fault if people do not follow their instruction

The manufacturer doesn't determine how their product is commonly used, ni matter what they might put in a brochure. Those toys are used to shoot other people, and nothing you say changes that. No kid should be in danger of death by cop for playing with a toy the way it is commonly played with.

Now it's commonly played with.

Tell me why haven't you answered the question as to which of the pictures I posted was a real gun and which was a "toy"

If you can't tell the difference and you can stare at the pics as long as you want how is a cop supposed to tell the difference from 20 feet away?

If he can't tell the difference he shouldn't shoot. He isn't allowed to kill someone every time he thinks there MIGHT be danger.

It looks just like a real gun.

I suppose you think he should have waited to get shot before he fired his own weapon right?

I suppose he should also just know if a real but unloaded gun was being pointed at him too right?

If he can't tell the difference he shouldn't shoot. He isn't allowed to kill someone every time he thinks there MIGHT be danger.
Disagreed. If someone is pointing a gun at you and I believe they are going to shoot, I'm not going to bet your life that it's a toy when everything I see says it's real Beretta 92F.

Surprising they didn't write "wink wink" in quotes beside that. The entire purpose of airsoft is to have mock battles. There are legal businesses that provide that in every state, and most mid size to large cities. You can ignore that if you want to, but it just shows how disingenuous you are.
Nonetheless, those "mock battles" are held in special areas. Not on the street. What are you proposing here?

If it was up to me, I'd pass a law that toy guns must be bright colors such as lime, orange or yellow.

On June 17, 2011, the NRA-ILA sent an alert, telling its members to contact legislators and express opposition to S.B. 798 and two other gun-related bills. NRA-ILA claimed that the coloring requirements and civil penalty for selling non-complaint BB and pellet guns meant that the bill "will ban the sale of all air guns, BB guns and airsoft guns unless the manufacturer is willing to take on the extra expense of complying with California's (the only state) new law."

During 2011, NRA News frequently hosted the NRA's California lobbyist, Ed Worley, to attack the bill -- which he misleadingly termed an "imitation gun ban" -- and suggest that it would violate federal law. After the legislation stalled for a final time in September 2011, Worley gave the NRA credit, stating, "We stopped the imitation BB gun ban."

During a July 5, 2011, appearance on NRA News, Worley claimed that the legislation was defective because it would be preempted by a federal law that regulates the placement of orange plastic tips on imitation guns. He also bragged about the NRA's role in turning out NRA members to a hearing to oppose S.B. 798.

Nonetheless, those "mock battles" are held in special areas. Not on the street. What are you proposing here?

If it was up to me, I'd pass a law that toy guns must be bright colors such as lime, orange or yellow.

On June 17, 2011, the NRA-ILA sent an alert, telling its members to contact legislators and express opposition to S.B. 798 and two other gun-related bills. NRA-ILA claimed that the coloring requirements and civil penalty for selling non-complaint BB and pellet guns meant that the bill "will ban the sale of all air guns, BB guns and airsoft guns unless the manufacturer is willing to take on the extra expense of complying with California's (the only state) new law."

During 2011, NRA News frequently hosted the NRA's California lobbyist, Ed Worley, to attack the bill -- which he misleadingly termed an "imitation gun ban" -- and suggest that it would violate federal law. After the legislation stalled for a final time in September 2011, Worley gave the NRA credit, stating, "We stopped the imitation BB gun ban."

During a July 5, 2011, appearance on NRA News, Worley claimed that the legislation was defective because it would be preempted by a federal law that regulates the placement of orange plastic tips on imitation guns. He also bragged about the NRA's role in turning out NRA members to a hearing to oppose S.B. 798.
So? What's your point? Are you for or against requiring toy gun manufacturers to make them look less real?

So? What's your point? Are you for or against requiring toy gun manufacturers to make them look less real?

I've always been for coloring toy guns. The NRA is quite proud of blocking that.

I've always been for coloring toy guns. The NRA is quite proud of blocking that.
Same here. It's a California bill, so I don't know much about it except what I just read online. For all I know, there were other things in that bill which made it unpalatable. Afterall, it wouldn't be the first time the anti-gun mob took a perfectly reasonable bill then slipped something in the backdoor which makes it unreasonable.

Are you a Californian? Or were you when that bill came up for a vote?

Same here. It's a California bill, so I don't know much about it except what I just read online. For all I know, there were other things in that bill which made it unpalatable. Afterall, it wouldn't be the first time the anti-gun mob took a perfectly reasonable bill then slipped something in the backdoor which makes it unreasonable.

Are you a Californian? Or were you when that bill came up for a vote?

No, I'm not from California, but that bill was watched from all over the country. The NRA campaigned against it all over the country. If there was something else in it, the NRA never mentioned that.

No, I'm not from California, but that bill was watched from all over the country. The NRA campaigned against it all over the country.
It's a common meme among the far Left anti-gun mob to demonize the NRA, but the bottom line is that they can't vote except once as individuals and only in their own respective states.

It was the Californians who decided the fate of that bill. Not you nor me nor even the "evil" NRA.

No, I'm not from California, but that bill was watched from all over the country. The NRA campaigned against it all over the country.
It's a common meme among the far Left anti-gun mob to demonize the NRA, but the bottom line is that they can't vote except once as individuals and only in their own respective states.

It was the Californians who decided the fate of that bill. Not you nor me nor even the "evil" NRA.

NRA owns politicians, and they don't spend millions on them for nothing. Are you really trying to claim they didn't block that bill? They claimed they did,

It looked like a real gun

Here can you tell the difference ? Which one of these is a real gun and which is a toy and remember you have about 1 second to decide

50019-000.jpg

50034-000.jpg

10211113.jpg

Since it's an open carry state anyway, what difference does that make? Are you saying that cops should decide within 2 seconds whether to kill every person they see with a gun?

Hey you're the one who is making an issue that the gun was a "toy"

And there is a big difference between carrying a gun openly in a holster and pointing a gun at someone

So if any one of those guns pictured was pointed at you would you be able to tell which one was a "toy"

There is no reason why a kid playing with a toy the way it is intended to be played with should put him in danger of being killed by a cop.

FYI an Air gun is not a toy. They are in fact quite dangerous and can cause serious injury

You have to be 18 to buy one.

Legal issues in airsoft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Under federal law, airsoft guns are not classified as firearms and are legal for all ages. People under the age of 18 are not permitted to buy airsoft guns over the counter in stores. However, a person of any age may use one. This is also the case for the laws in each state.
so the fact that he had the gun, he must have got it from some adult, and the adult is therefore to blame for not teaching the 12 year old the dangers that go with such a weapon. I see how you omit that part.

NRA owns politicians, and they don't spend millions on them for nothing. Are you really trying to claim they didn't block that bill? They claimed they did,
do you have evidence they did?

Since it's an open carry state anyway, what difference does that make? Are you saying that cops should decide within 2 seconds whether to kill every person they see with a gun?

And there is a big difference between carrying a gun openly in a holster and pointing a gun at someone

So if any one of those guns pictured was pointed at you would you be able to tell which one was a "toy"

There is no reason why a kid playing with a toy the way it is intended to be played with should put him in danger of being killed by a cop.

FYI an Air gun is not a toy. They are in fact quite dangerous and can cause serious injury

Under federal law, airsoft guns are not classified as firearms and are legal for all ages. People under the age of 18 are not permitted to buy airsoft guns over the counter in stores. However, a person of any age may use one. This is also the case for the laws in each state.
so the fact that he had the gun, he must have got it from some adult, and the adult is therefore to blame for not teaching the 12 year old the dangers that go with such a weapon. I see how you omit that part.

I didn't omit anything. You have been trying to say it was the kids fault that he was killed. It wasn't. He did nothing wrong. An adult cop used poor judgement and killed him.

in September 2011, Worley gave the NRA credit, stating, "We stopped the imitation BB gun ban."
NRA TV

Aint that sweet? Must be nice. And he had a replica gun! I think it's safe to say that if he was black he would've been shot dead, on site. Then the cops would've said they felt threatened by the big, bad looking dude. And then the peanut gallery would chime in with some excuse about the police being in fear for their safety. Mass murderers, rapists, suicidal privileged, and even terrorists can get disarmed and taken in alive, but unarmed black people... Executed.

After long standoff, police arrest suicidal man at Civic Center
920x920.jpg

It isn't safe to say, it's stupid and racist to say. Which is typical of you.

Now try to talk about the story :badgrin:

I don't care about the story, I'm commenting on your statement that he'd have been shot if he was black. It was stupid, racist, and unproductive.

Aint that sweet? Must be nice. And he had a replica gun! I think it's safe to say that if he was black he would've been shot dead, on site. Then the cops would've said they felt threatened by the big, bad looking dude. And then the peanut gallery would chime in with some excuse about the police being in fear for their safety. Mass murderers, rapists, suicidal privileged, and even terrorists can get disarmed and taken in alive, but unarmed black people... Executed.

After long standoff, police arrest suicidal man at Civic Center
920x920.jpg

It isn't safe to say, it's stupid and racist to say. Which is typical of you.

Now try to talk about the story :badgrin:

I don't care about the story, I'm commenting on your statement that he'd have been shot if he was black. It was stupid, racist, and unproductive.

Oh, then bye

I didn't omit anything. You have been trying to say it was the kids fault that he was killed. It wasn't. He did nothing wrong. An adult cop used poor judgement and killed him.

He pointed a weapon at a cop
You admit you can't tell the difference between the air soft pistol and a real pistol.

I suppose you would have waited until the guy pointing a gun at you shoots before you take action huh?

in September 2011, Worley gave the NRA credit, stating, "We stopped the imitation BB gun ban."
NRA TV
Now it's the NRA's fault too

NRA TV
Now it's the NRA's fault too

Yep.

no, I never said any such thing, and you should learn to read. I blamed the adult who gave the kid the gun. fk, can't you fking read?

"the adult is therefore to blame"

This is what I wrote.

Forum List

Back