My Body My Choice

I don't believe anyone ever said getting vaccinated would create 100% immunity in you or anyone else. Vaccines don't really work that way. But thanks for the sincerity.
Yes, I know how vaccines work but, they told us it would stop the pandemic and we could get back to normal. Now, LA is going back to masking and a cruise line is mandating tests and shots before boarding as mandated by a court that declined the Fla Governor's EO.

People’s personal choices with Helmets and pools aren’t responsible for others dying from head injuries and drowning. They aren’t propelling a worldwide public health crisis. Those are both bad analogies
That arguemnt only works if vaccines are not freely available. Anyone can get vaccinated at Walmart.

If you are wearing your vaccine helmet, no one else is a threat. If you choose not to vaccinate, that is your personal problem.

Yes, I know how vaccines work but, they told us it would stop the pandemic and we could get back to normal. Now, LA is going back to masking and a cruise line is mandating tests and shots before boarding as mandated by a court that declined the Fla Governor's EO.
Are you pretending like everybody cooperated?

Let's break this down shall we.

1. That mantra has been used as a political weapon to defend killing human beings for decades.
2. Why doesn't that very same mentality carry over to the choices people make on immunization?
3. If the shot actually worked then the only risk would be to TRUMPERS, as the left love to lable those who won't get the shot.
4. Blacks, young adults and children are a large portion of the percentage who have not received the shot so are they all TRUMPERS?
5. My Body My Choice seemingly is only applicable to the left.

I personally have not gotten the shot. Not because I am an antivaxer but because the long term effects of the drug are COMPLETELY UNKNOWN. As a self employed individual I can not take the risk of intentionally putting a substance in my body that could jeopardize my future in my profession. I do incredibly demanding physical labor for a living and with some of the known reactions to the drug I CHOOSE to take my chances for my life & livelihood. Call it selfish if you want but unless YOU are going to support me if I were to be one of the few to get the debilitating side effects that some have gotten then you know what you can do with your opinion.

And just to be clear I have no opinion of those that choose to get the shot. It is your life to live not mine.
You are the only match for someone who needs a kidney or they die...the government forces you to give one of your kidneys...you ok with that, right?

Well obviously you DON"T understand how vaccines work, or you're lying. Imo either is possible. Again, measles should help you understand.

Meh, you're just a Dummy.

That arguemnt only works if vaccines are not freely available. Anyone can get vaccinated at Walmart.

If you are wearing your vaccine helmet, no one else is a threat. If you choose not to vaccinate, that is your personal problem.
If enough people don’t vaccinate and they keep propelling the virus it not only impacts the 10% of vaccinated people who still will get infected but it also increases the chances of a vaccine resistant variant. If you think 2020 sucked Imagine if a stronger vaccine resistant variant comes out and we didn’t squash it when we had the opportunity!

sartre play
In less than a month under Biden, the number of people illegally coming into the country is more than 6,000 per day—that’s six times the crisis level as set by the Obama team.

The
Well, poster Sue there is an ocean of data on Covid and vaccines revealed everyday .....being assembled and analyzed every day.

In this morning's WaPo Kate Cohen offers us this suggestion: Media sources could be of greater service if they simply headlined, or made it a prominent staple every single day, just two numbers on Covid deaths:

1. Those who died who were vaccinated;
  2. and those who died who weren't.

She argues those two simple numbers highlight the dichotomy of getting the shots vs. not.

For example she offers:

• "....... figures provided by the CDC, found that of the more than 18,000 Americans who died of covid in May, only about 150 were fully vaccinated. That’s 0.8 percent."
  • "Between Jan. 21 and July 9, 2,471 Virginians died of covid; 18 of them were vaccinated, or 0.7 percent."
  • "Between Jan. 1 and June 30, 37,180 Californians died of covid; about 71 — 0.2 percent — were vaccinated.
  • "Maryland reported that of the 130 Marylanders who died of covid in June, none were vaccinated."

She suggests billboard(s).........with such numbers, for example:
    "130 vs 0"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah, poster Sue, why do you do that?
Such rather, ummm, 'questionable' sweeping statement play right into the hands of those who are skeptical of Trump Supporters. It feeds the stereotype that Trumpers are ill-informed, under-educated ne'er-do-wells wallowing in a sea of grievances because their lives didn't turn out as successfully as they dreamed. Don't feed that stereotype, Sue. It ain't a good look for you, or for Trumpers. It makes you, and by extension, them.....look ignorant and reactionary.

IMHO
---------------------------------------

If that is an argument to never get vaccinated I'll take my chances with the drug v. the mutations.
I honestly don't know if smallpox or polio were 'viruses'........but I'm pretty doggone sure they didn't go away by themselves.

Vaccines did that.
So good on us and for that real-world reality.

The current injection isn't a vaccine. It doesn't prevent you from spreading or contracting the virus.

The

The current injection isn't a vaccine. It doesn't prevent you from spreading or contracting the virus.
The the new mRNA vaccines essentially do the same thing as do older types of vaccines, that were built from an actual virus. They cause our immune systems to create T-lymphocytes and B-lymphocytes (white blood cells) specifically aimed at a protein found in the virus. Hopefully we all learned about viruses and vaccines in life science or health classes.

Last edited:
I don’t worry too much about the info given on the internet or in news stations. That’s all a game IMO. I’ll talk to doctors I know and refer to CDC guidelines when it comes to the pandemic. There is no doubt that masking and distancing will slow the spread and there’s no doubt that the vaccine has had an enormously positive effect. The dissent that you speak of is only prolonging this nightmare so I don’t mind when instititions don’t want to give them a megaphone. I’m ready to get past this… not prolong it.

I don't see anything as being "prolonged." We are living in a new reality, a new normal. There will be no end to this. EVER.

We have cold and flu seasons every year. We always have.

If we get every last person to get a shot/ or shots . . . do you honestly believe that will be the end of this. . . seriously?

Then they will roll out booster shots, or have a new pandemic. If we don't stop them, and make a stand, they will continue on. . . with more. And more.

People’s personal choices with Helmets and pools aren’t responsible for others dying from head injuries and drowning. They aren’t propelling a worldwide public health crisis. Those are both bad analogies
Not really.

Link me to the papers/studies that prove folks that have had these gene therapy treatments are any less likely to cause the mutations, than folks with unmolested immune systems.

You are just repeating propaganda, that isn't based on any known research. It is just a hypothesized theory.

The theory behind these gene therapies are based on the human immune system. . . thus, it seems logical, that there is just as much chance that mutations would derive form those who have had these treatments, as those who haven't. If anything, from what we know of colds and flues? I posit that the variations/mutations came from those who have been vaccinated.

Do you have studies that prove otherwise?

:dunno:

Really? the Two vaccines don't cause people to be something like 90% likely to not be infected?
I dont really know

There are reports that it can cause some people to be less resistant to mutant strains

I dont think the authorities are as sure or well informed as they pretend to be

I don't see anything as being "prolonged." We are living in a new reality, a new normal. There will be no end to this. EVER.

We have cold and flu seasons every year. We always have.

If we get every last person to get a shot/ or shots . . . do you honestly believe that will be the end of this. . . seriously?

Then they will roll out booster shots, or have a new pandemic. If we don't stop them, and make a stand, they will continue on. . . with more. And more.
What do you think happened to measles and smallpox ?

Forum List

Back