CDZ My child's right to a safe school versus your right to guns

7422A3C7-D3C4-4964-B8A0-2C0BA7004FF0.jpeg
My child has a constitutional right to go to school safely. I believe that outweighs a nut case's right to own and bear guns.

We need to find a way to break that access link between a nut and a gun.

We need to identify the first problem, which is

28055684_10157113972798626_1592330457764003957_n.jpg

Then the constitution must be amended, and the millennials will just the ones to force that through in the next decade.
Good luck with that. Millennials have the attention span of a goldfish and can't tear their gaze from their smart phones for 5 minutes
Millennials are growing older, more experienced, and increasingly warying of the older far right, who in five years will not have the weight of numbers in making public policy

Then the constitution must be amended, and the millennials will just the ones to force that through in the next decade.
Good luck with that. Millennials have the attention span of a goldfish and can't tear their gaze from their smart phones for 5 minutes
Millennials are growing older, more experienced, and increasingly warying of the older far right, who in five years will not have the weight of numbers in making public policy

there is a good reason you never get anywhere near 'millenials' or anybody else outside the Home, and there is no way you have a clue as to what they think.

Orange is the new Pink

The Trump Crime Syndicate is this era's mythic Gadianton Robber Band from the Book of Mormon.

According to the meme shown above, Mills’ plea bargain was negotiated by the Department of Justice (or in some versions, the Obama administration or President Obama himself). However, Mills’ sentence was seemingly light because he pleaded guilty to only one of the numerous charges against him, and the choice of giving Mills probation rather than jail time was not the result of instructions from the Justice Department (or higher) but rather the personal discretion of Judge Rudolph Randa (who was appointed as a federal district judge by President George H.W. Bush and has a history of making controversial decisions), based on his view of Mills’ contrition and likelihood of re-offending:

FACT CHECK: Did President Obama Plea Bargain Gun Trafficker Dontray Mills?

This is CDZ, folks. Personal attacks are not allowed here

Notice the NRA nuts have moved the OP from "how do we break the access between crazies and guns" to "you want to take away my guns."

Are you who support that all crazies?

You still haven't told me where the Constitution says your kid has a right to be safe in his school.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Not even close.

Nice try.

My child has a constitutional right to go to school safely. I believe that outweighs a nut case's right to own and bear guns.

Where does the constitution say that?
The Constitution exists solely in the context of its case law.

“But that’s not in the Constitution” is a failed and ignorant ‘argument.’

The Constitution ‘says’ that in the 14th Amendment’s guarantee of procedural due process, where the Supreme Court has held that students have a “legitimate entitlement to a public education as a property right.” (Goss v. Lopez)

That is called "stretching". and it's the same garbage thought that gave us Roe, Obergfell, and Plessey.

The Constitution ‘says’ that in the 14th Amendment’s guarantee of procedural due process, where the Supreme Court has held that students have a “legitimate entitlement to a public education as a property right.” (Goss v. Lopez)
Marty does not accept case law he does not like.

Case law is not the constitution, it is an interpretation of the Constitution, and in the case of progressive justices, usually a wrong one.

Marty does not accept case law he does not like.
True.

But other conservatives reading the post will perhaps realize their own ignorance.

Strict Constructionism is the opposite of ignorance. Progressive "living document" positions are true ignorance.

In the combined mission statement and vision statement described in The Preamble, and, in Art I, sec 8 clause 1.

In the combined mission statement and vision statement, described in The Preamble, and, in Art I, sec 8 clause 1. Both give the Congress the authority to provide for the Common Defense, and general welfare.

Nice try, but if you agree with that then you basically admit that the Constitution can be interpreted anyway 5 of 9 un-elected lawyers feel it should be, and that is basically legal anarchy.

That is called "stretching". and it's the same garbage thought that gave us Roe, Obergfell, and Plessey.
No stretching at all, my friend, whereas you are trying to limit the fact that the Constitution is interpreted by case law.

No stretching at all, my friend, whereas you are trying to limit the fact that the Constitution is interpreted by case law.

The concept of interpreting the constitution by case law has been turned into bypassing the amendment process to expand the constitution via judicial fiat.

You make like autocracy, I don't.

In the combined mission statement and vision statement described in The Preamble, and, in Art I, sec 8 clause 1.

In the combined mission statement and vision statement, described in The Preamble, and, in Art I, sec 8 clause 1. Both give the Congress the authority to provide for the Common Defense, and general welfare.

Nice try, but if you agree with that then you basically admit that the Constitution can be interpreted anyway 5 of 9 un-elected lawyers feel it should be, and that is basically legal anarchy.

The genius of COTUS is its ambiguity, for it allows each new generation to read it clearly and with hindsight. The R's have packed the courts, but they also packed school boards decades ago with religious fanatics and soon We the People tossed them out.

Now, with lifetime appointments we are stuck with judges and justices who have taken the blindfold off of lady justice, and use scripture in place of justice and the law. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of Religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof", but five Supreme Court Justices not elected by the people, and the only triers of fact without a code of conduct, are able to do so.

The genius of COTUS is its ambiguity, for it allows each new generation to read it clearly and with hindsight. The R's have packed the courts, but they also packed school boards decades ago with religious fanatics and soon We the People tossed them out.

Now, with lifetime appointments we are stuck with judges and justices who have taken the blindfold off of lady justice, and use scripture in place of justice and the law. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of Religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof", but five Supreme Court Justices not elected by the people, and the only triers of fact without a code of conduct, are able to do so.

It's ambiguity does not mean people get to ignore parts of it and create new parts without going through the amendment process.

And as usual with progressives you mistake creation for interpretation.

Extending 4th amendment protections to cars which did not exist at the time the Constitution was founded is interpretation. Extending 1st amendment protections to TV an Radio media that did not exist when the constitution was founded is interpretation.

Creating SSM rights out of thin air, or Abortion rights out of thin air is not interpretation, it is judicial legislating. Same as with plessy, the justices in these cases misuse their power to achieve what they see as a "good" goal, and basically say the Constitution doesn't mean anything.

The far right does not have the weight of numbers, never did, you have seriously over estimated their real strength. That's because there is still a sizable number of independents and moderates in each party that outnumber the far right. They also outnumber the far left too. I'm curious as to who ans what you consider to be the far right though.

Who was it who said something to the effect that when you're young if you're not a liberal you have no heart but when you're old if you aren't a conservative you have no brain. If the millenials want to vote in the democrats and shift the country to the Left like Obama did, then so be it. In which case you'll get the government you deserve. In any case really.

This shooter was identified to the FBI....this shooter had 39 previous contacts with local police over domestic issues relating to mental health....so tell us.....how do you actually get law enforcement to do their job?
That is a pretty good question.According to some this guy introduced himself as a school shooter if that does not peek law enforcemnt's interest, I do not know what will? As far as the whole get rid of the guns thing, any one who would ask for such a thing has never been in a situation where some one else had the gun and were doing bad things to them. If they are ten feet away and have a gun when you do not you lose period! I do not likew thinking about situations like that. I will keep my gun and feel safe in my own space.

Goofy libertarian philosophy is just that . . . goofy.

And yet you do nothing to actually counter any of the points. You just respond with your typical non-response.
All of your points have been countered effectively over the years, but go ahead and post.

And to all of you gun huggers: we are not asking for gun confiscation, but only reasonable restrictions on certain weirdos.

Forum List

Back