My insurance denied my surgery

What caused your damage

Why does it have to spread

I have Severe l4-5 pain
I was moving boxes of stuff about up a ladder between shelves that weighed 20lb to 30lb in weight each, but with lots of twisting for two to three hours. The next day, the pain started in my left leg, I had to press my leg hard on the centre console of the car (UK) to get home after work.

When you fuse vertebrate, it puts stress on others elsewhere that then leads to the same problem. Also with back problems, you unknowingly compensate to help the back that puts stresses on your hips, she on later life, we move up into the higher risk bracket for hip problems.

And as you will know, pain killers are a waste of time when it comes to back pain. You have to move up onto Tramadol and beyond.

I can lift heavy objects, but only close to my body. Stretching up to reach stuff means bad back for 2 to 3 days. Leaning over with the weight of a drill in my hand to put it down can cause the back to go. I keep a weight lifting belt in my van that has use when moving stuff. But I never over use/rely on the belt because under using my back won't help.

We're not designed very well.

Quasar44 I explained to the doctor that I had a pain in my (all on the left) butt cheek, fuzzy feeling down my thigh, feels like someone has screwed a screw into the front of my lower leg, and a tingling foot.

I paid £500 for an MRI scan. So on the next day, had the scan, waited, and the consultant showed me the scan. He said, "That kinked nerve means you will have a sore left butt cheek, numb upper leg, painful lower leg, and a numb foot. So he just confirmed what I said to my doctor.

And when a back goes sore, you are immobilized.

The other game.

Insurance? wow you must be rich to have insurance. Those with no insurance get all of their medical bills paid for 100% including MRI's, surgeries, etc...

lol no, they don't. You've been reading too many articles at Town Hall and FReeRepublic.

I was moving boxes of stuff about up a ladder between shelves that weighed 20lb to 30lb in weight each, but with lots of twisting for two to three hours. The next day, the pain started in my left leg, I had to press my leg hard on the centre console of the car (UK) to get home after work.

When you fuse vertebrate, it puts stress on others elsewhere that then leads to the same problem. Also with back problems, you unknowingly compensate to help the back that puts stresses on your hips, she on later life, we move up into the higher risk bracket for hip problems.

And as you will know, pain killers are a waste of time when it comes to back pain. You have to move up onto Tramadol and beyond.

I can lift heavy objects, but only close to my body. Stretching up to reach stuff means bad back for 2 to 3 days. Leaning over with the weight of a drill in my hand to put it down can cause the back to go. I keep a weight lifting belt in my van that has use when moving stuff. But I never over use/rely on the belt because under using my back won't help.

We're not designed very well.
Not designed well because humans are a made from prior species and not brand new !!

I have had surgeons all say it’s the only way to improve. United HC said I don’t need it lol
They said my MRI does not warrant it

Now I can either get an attorney or pay cash .
Cash could be 40-100,000 for operation

Totally outrageous

Insurance is nothing but legalized theft. They want your money but don’t want to give up any of their own.

Deny deny deny..that’s what they are there for.

You have to have it but they only want to pay for big items. We really don’t have “health insurance” anymore. It’s actually “catastrophic insurance”, intended to pay only when things are very wrong. The idea is for you to pay all of the smaller things out of pocket..hell, I know people who never use enough medical insurance to get last their deductible, so, each year, they basically pay their health costs out of pocket and insurance never actually pays anything. Their contribution pretty much ends at just trying to get you a negotiated rate, but unless you have a major problem, they almost never pay anything.

I have had surgeons all say it’s the only way to improve. United HC said I don’t need it lol

Totally outrageous
What you need is some of that socialized medicine stuff.

Totally outrageous
Thanks Barry..... When you fuck something up you do a professional job!

Totally outrageous
Have the docs help you. Likely a clerk just didn’t word things strongly enough. If it’s good docs, they’ll help you.

I have severe bone on bone pain at L4 L5
Ouch! Spinal? Slap a G down on a lawyer's desk. The copay will probably be the same anyway? Anything spine related is a priority. They're trying to shank you. You doing Medicare through a vendor?

Ouch! Spinal? Slap a G down on a lawyer's desk. The copay will probably be the same anyway? Anything spine related is a priority. They're trying to shank you. You doing Medicare through a vendor?
I have United HC and they are terrible

I have United HC and they are terrible
Ok....they are a capped vendor.
You could wait till the end of your term and get yourself back to Medicare original which has no cap. The government pays these people a set price for a coverage per capita. With United HC... It's 15,000 a year per person. They gamble on Not having to spend that on you. The surgery and recovery is easily $200,000 so they're losing big on that and they don't want to pay it even though they are obligated to. Perry Mason time!

Jo

Ok....they are a capped vendor.
You could wait till the end of your term and get yourself back to Medicare original which has no cap. The government pays these people a set price for a coverage per capita. With United HC... It's 15,000 a year per person. They gamble on Not having to spend that on you. The surgery and recovery is easily $200,000 so they're losing big on that and they don't want to pay it even though they are obligated to. Perry Mason time!

Jo

I don’t qualify for Medicare
Yes I pay 600 a month

I don’t qualify for Medicare
Yes I pay 600 a month
Ok..... That's about average.
You positive about that?
You might be surprised.
Medicare has different tiers too.

In any case you need a lawyer.
They're just trying to pull a cost control measure at your expense. You got bone on bone?
Trust me you will win.

Ok..... That's about average.
You positive about that?
You might be surprised.
Medicare has different tiers too.

In any case you need a lawyer.
They're just trying to pull a cost control measure at your expense. You got bone on bone?
Trust me you will win.

I should hire lawyer to fight United H.C

Forum List

Back