NAACP endorses gay marriage

Other than religous beliefs, why would any sane American give a shit if gays got married?
Seriously, why would any sane American give a shit about gay marriage?
If there ever was a NON ISSUE, it would be queer folk getting married.
Hilarious and so childish any mature adult would oppose such a NON ISSUE.
Grow up Americans. Folk are getting shot in wars over seas and your dumb asses are worried about queer folks getting married.
We have become a nation of VILLAGE IDIOTS.

What a well thought-out argument... :rolleyes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeRQD0tK8h0]Come on... Come on... - YouTube[/ame]

If they have the same rights why do you oppose it?:cuckoo::cuckoo:

The same rights mean any man and women can marry. I can't marry a man in most states, I can't have more than one wife, I can't marry my sister(if I had one) ect..

You can legally marry a mass murderer child molestor legally and gays that are good citizens are banned.
Please name a law that is more absurd than that.
Gay marriage: NON ISSUE.
Amazing that dumb ass Americans allow mass murderers to marry but ban law abiding gay folk.
Americans are DUMB ASSES.

What is your nationality?

Other than religous beliefs, why would any sane American give a shit if gays got married?
Seriously, why would any sane American give a shit about gay marriage?
If there ever was a NON ISSUE, it would be queer folk getting married.
Hilarious and so childish any mature adult would oppose such a NON ISSUE.
Grow up Americans. Folk are getting shot in wars over seas and your dumb asses are worried about queer folks getting married.
We have become a nation of VILLAGE IDIOTS.

What a well thought-out argument... :rolleyes:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeRQD0tK8h0]Come on... Come on... - YouTube[/ame]

What is your argument Moe?
Please tell us you have more of an argument than a 2 second cartoon.

The same rights mean any man and women can marry. I can't marry a man in most states, I can't have more than one wife, I can't marry my sister(if I had one) ect..

You can legally marry a mass murderer child molestor legally and gays that are good citizens are banned.
Amazing that dumb ass Americans allow mass murderers to marry but ban law abiding gay folk.

We all have the same rights. You asked, I answered your response is gibberish

American by birth, Southern by the GRACE OF GOD.

Your response is influenced by your religous beliefs.
UnAmerican you are. Iran does it your way.
Delta is ready WHEN YOU ARE.

Your response is influenced by your religous beliefs.
UnAmerican you are. Iran does it your way.
Delta is ready WHEN YOU ARE.

More gibberish ..Have another drink:eusa_eh:

American by birth, Southern by the GRACE OF GOD.

So you're a DUMB ASS?

What is your argument Moe?
Please tell us you have more of an argument than a 2 second cartoon.

Let's see, if I follow your example it would be something along the lines of:

Grow up! You stupid! You crazy!

That seems to be about your speed.

I don't oppose their right to marry. I do oppose their desire to change what marriage is.

I know, you thought you were being clever...

Is that a quote from a comment on Loving v Virginia?

No, it's a statement about my position that has a solid footing in reality. That people such as yourself pretend that a man and woman marrying , albeit of a different race, is an argument in favor of homosexual marriage, is illogical.

Last edited:
Last edited:
"The group of black clergy and civil rights leaders say it is time to turn the tide against the 'hijacking' of the civil rights movement," said Owens, the coalition's elder statesman and organizer, in an earlier interview with CP. Owens is also a veteran of the civil rights movement who marched with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

"A 50-year-old can only read about the struggles and protests of the civil rights era, but some of us who are older have the battle scars to prove it. And the rights we fought so hard to acquire did not include same-sex marriage."

This isn't the first time the NAACP has taken a public stance on issues regarding sexual orientation. Over the last couple of years it has spoken out in opposition to California's Proposition 8, the Defense of Marriage Act, which was signed by former President Bill Clinton, and most recently, the successful attempt in North Carolina to define marriage as between a man and a woman.

It is yet unclear how President Obama's support of same-sex marriage will impact the majority of the nation's black voters, but some Democratic pundits are concerned it could decrease turnout in such key states as Ohio and North Carolina.

"I don't know if it will be a 'make-or-break' issue or not," said Owens. "But this is not good for President Obama."

NAACP Endorses Same-Sex Marriage Amid Opposition by Black Pastors

"The group of black clergy and civil rights leaders say it is time to turn the tide against the 'hijacking' of the civil rights movement," said Owens, the coalition's elder statesman and organizer, in an earlier interview with CP. Owens is also a veteran of the civil rights movement who marched with Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

"A 50-year-old can only read about the struggles and protests of the civil rights era, but some of us who are older have the battle scars to prove it. And the rights we fought so hard to acquire did not include same-sex marriage."

This isn't the first time the NAACP has taken a public stance on issues regarding sexual orientation. Over the last couple of years it has spoken out in opposition to California's Proposition 8, the Defense of Marriage Act, which was signed by former President Bill Clinton, and most recently, the successful attempt in North Carolina to define marriage as between a man and a woman.

It is yet unclear how President Obama's support of same-sex marriage will impact the majority of the nation's black voters, but some Democratic pundits are concerned it could decrease turnout in such key states as Ohio and North Carolina.

"I don't know if it will be a 'make-or-break' issue or not," said Owens. "But this is not good for President Obama."

NAACP Endorses Same-Sex Marriage Amid Opposition by Black Pastors
Rights win over religion.

Forum List

Back