Name one federal or state law that you'd do away with.

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010

I'll start with making pot legal.

• Thanks
Reactions: NLT
Wouldn’t get rid of any laws before I’d standardize them all. Someone who murders someone today and someone who murders someone tomorrow next door can get different sentences if both are found guilty. And that goes for a lot of different crimes. The punishments should be the same in the same jurisdictions. Now, if you can help the police with other persecutions…that should be the only deciding factor in getting less time. Not if you were a model citizen before you capped that dude or if you were a gang banger with priors. The crimes are the same.

As for getting rid of laws; nearly all of the new abortion laws need to go.

I'd sure like to be able to drink and drive. But we could keep real tough restrictions, like it can't be one of those foo-foo drinks that have a little umbrella, because that can get in the way of your vision.

It would stimulate the economy, too. Think of all the drive-through bars that would spring up all over the place. Just stop by on the way home from work for a cold one without having to stumble back to your car and drop your keys. That's badass right there.

:rock:

Anyway, that's my idea.

Commerce clause.

Or if it has to be a law other than the constitution, I'd say the firearms owner protection act of 1986

Wouldn’t get rid of any laws before I’d standardize them all. Someone who murders someone today and someone who murders someone tomorrow next door can get different sentences if both are found guilty. And that goes for a lot of different crimes. The punishments should be the same in the same jurisdictions. Now, if you can help the police with other persecutions…that should be the only deciding factor in getting less time. Not if you were a model citizen before you capped that dude or if you were a gang banger with priors. The crimes are the same.

I gave your post a star for the first part..

Candy what new abortion laws you have issues with?

I have not read an epidemic of alley abortions yet In those back water states.

Sorry law is a bit different...

So a guy who kidnaps and rapes 6 year old girl and leaves her for dead.

should get less than than the child father who shoots him.

That is not what candy is taking about and you know it unless you really don't live in the U. S. And don't understand our laws..

Candy was using a general example on how fucked up our judicial system is.

I'll start with making pot legal.
Remove any law that protects labor and holds corporations back from making as much money as possible.

For example a coal mine owner shouldn't have to make his mines safer.

Why is there a minimum wage? I know a bum who would be my in home slave for $3 hr or $72 a day plus room and board. Wouldn't he be better off? I would be an opportunity for him.

Prostitution. If I can kill my baby why can't I sell my pussy?

I’m assuming you mean the father “kills” the kidnapper/rapist?

If so and he is convicted of murder…yes*. I put an asterisk there because I think that rape/murder should both be life sentences. But yeah, murder will carry a heavier sentence than rape and murder.

Having hall ways wide enough for 2 genies to pass.
Doctors having admitting privileges at a hospital not more than 20 miles away.
I read of one state that determined there must be a dedicated ambulance parking spot so an ambulance can back up it’s saloon doors to the building.

Commerce clause for sure. Or try to rally the states and re-word it. THAT is one of our biggest problems!

Having hall ways wide enough for 2 genies to pass.
Doctors having admitting privileges at a hospital not more than 20 miles away.
I read of one state that determined there must be a dedicated ambulance parking spot so an ambulance can back up it’s saloon doors to the building.

Oh yea I forgot about those minor but substantial fiscal back door ways to limit abortions..

That is not what candy is taking about and you know it unless you really don't live in the U. S. And don't understand our laws..

One is Kidnapping and Rape and the other is attempted Murder....

I understand some parts of the judicial system has to be improved but mandatory minimums have generally been a disaster.
crime-inprisonment-graph.jpg

Going to prison used to be about rehabilitation, the US has huge prison population and high recidivism rate.
http://www.salve.edu/sites/default/files/filesfield/documents/Incarceration_and_Recidivism.pdf

I am not saying as much Candy is wrong but he might be looking in the wrong place....

Another statistic which European find horrifying is cop Shootings:
You are
98 times more likely to be shot and killed by a cop in US than in the UK
72 times more likely to be shot and killed by a cop in US than in the UK, if white
242 times more likely to be shot and killed by a cop in US than in the UK, if black
20 times more likely to be shot and killed by a cop in US than in the UK, if unarmed(any weapon) compared to all killing in UK

What does that say about respect for the US citizen?

One is Kidnapping and Rape and the other is attempted Murder....

I understand some parts of the judicial system has to be improved but mandatory minimums have generally been a disaster.
crime-inprisonment-graph.jpg

Going to prison used to be about rehabilitation, the US has huge prison population and high recidivism rate.
http://www.salve.edu/sites/default/files/filesfield/documents/Incarceration_and_Recidivism.pdf

I am not saying as much Candy is wrong but he might be looking in the wrong place....

Another statistic which European find horrifying is cop Shootings:
You are
98 times more likely to be shot and killed by a cop in US than in the UK
72 times more likely to be shot and killed by a cop in US than in the UK, if white
242 times more likely to be shot and killed by a cop in US than in the UK, if black
20 times more likely to be shot and killed by a cop in US than in the UK, if unarmed(any weapon) compared to all killing in UK

What does that say about respect for the US citizen?

Well, I’d do other things too about the law. The OP limited me to “one” law. One of the first things I would get rid of is the possession of marijuana and bust it down to a citation offense. No need to have cops arresting you because you have a joint, aren’t operating a vehicle, sitting on your porch or are at a concert.

Laws that govern which public bathroom you must use. I think you should be able to shit anywhere you felt like it.

And if someone feels like shitting in a bathroom with women and girls, it's up to them?

Actually I think the one paying for the bathroom should decide

Forum List

Back