🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Navy SEAL who killed bin Laden left in poverty with no pension, healthcare or protect

Wow according to the article he only made $54,000 as a Seal? That's horrible for such dangerous work!! And people think our military is over paid! :(

Why the hell did he opt out before his 20 years??

Not a smart move on his part and the military will make no exceptions to the 20yr rule.

Hope things work out for the guy and your right. Our military is grossly underpayed. Especially those men who put their lives on the line doing what the SEALS and other Spec Ops guys do.

Grossly underpayed.

People don't join the military to get rich, they join the military to serve their nation and their fellow citizens. With that said, they should at least earn a living wage while serving and he would have a pension if he'd stayed in for his 20.

Not a smart move on his part and the military will make no exceptions to the 20yr rule.

Hope things work out for the guy and your right. Our military is grossly underpayed. Especially those men who put their lives on the line doing what the SEALS and other Spec Ops guys do.

Grossly underpayed.

Something doesn't smell right here, I'm guessing there's more to the story.

This guy's problem is far greater than not being able to find a job.

Because he was one of the OBL assassins he and his family are targets for retribution.

He needs to disappear.

By the time you qualify as a Seal, your rank is a lot higher than E2. For another thing, all their expenses are paid for: their meals, their health insurance, their housing - everything.

I understand that. I also know they're picked right out of bootcamp - or at least they used to do that. I remember a couple of Chiefs coming into our barracks when I was in boot camp and they were looking for volunteers. A few guys left. No idea how many of them survived the training/initation went on and had successful careers.

Grossly underpayed.

Something doesn't smell right here, I'm guessing there's more to the story.

You're probably right. I doubt we will get ever get the rest of the story either.

Navy SEAL who killed bin Laden left in poverty with no pension, healthcare or protection.

Nothing like blowing things out of proportion. Happens to everyone in the military that quits before serving for 20 years. They all leave with no pension, or healthcare protection.
So what is your solution to this? Allow full retirement benefits for everyone no matter their length of service?
Also what is this "left in poverty" bs? He wrote a book for one, I'm sure that will pay some bills.
He is also physically fit, so what is preventing him from getting another job?

Base pay for an E-2, right out of boot camp - sent to war - $1699/month

They are WAY underpaid for what they're asked to do...

2013 Military Pay Chart | US Military Pay Chart

BAH, BAS, healthcare, education paid for, world traveling, oodles of opportunity for advancement, a nice retirement at 20 years, and deification from a certain segment of the population.

I'd say they are compensated more than adequately given the qualifications for the job.

These right wingers are hilarious. Remember, it took 10 years for the first responders to get health care.

Remember what Ann Coulter said about the families of first responders?

You have Tom Coburn and other Republicans introducing legislation to slash health care for veterans.

John McCain said if you keep giving benefits to veterans, they won't stay in the military.

And now, you have these Republicans trying to blame their mess on Obama? Really? On Obama?

Again? What is it with these guys. Do they always have to be awful?

Base pay for an E-2, right out of boot camp - sent to war - $1699/month

They are WAY underpaid for what they're asked to do...
Not to worry.

Corporate America did GREAT!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbDfYzq_HaQ]Truth about Halliburton and Dick Cheney - YouTube[/ame]​

I am always amazed at how powerful people think Obama is. It's almost to the point of worship. Contrary to belief, Barrack Obama is not an all-knowing, all-powerful being who can solve all problems with a wave of his divine hand.

The requirements for military benefits are set by law. The president has no authority to change those benefits. Each large military installation has an office with the purpose of assisting those people getting out of the service to arrange for any benefits to which they may be entitled. Unless there have been major changes since I got out, you go through a briefing upon seperation to explain it all. Anyone who is surprised by what happens when they get out was simply not paying attention.

My father, who was a military retiree, died recently and I went with his wife to deal with some of the paperwork. We didn't just get directions to the right office, people got up from their work and personally led us there. So I don't believe for a second that this man was not well informed of exactly what he could expect to happen when he got out. Regardless of what he did in the military, planning for his life after the military was his responsibility. Not the President's.

He quit before he was eligible for a pension so what's the big deal?

Bingo. He sorta brags about killing obl but doesn't have the courage to stay in for another 4. Something sorta outta place here.

I was drafted, couldn;t wait to get out. Now I wish I would have done 20; but back then the military wasn't to popular.

Forum List

Back