Nebraska abolishes death penalty

The fact that we are one of the few countries that resort to capital punishment is a sad reflection on our society

Even the drug manufacturers refuse to sink to the level of manufacturing murder drugs

No were not. We're the only country that has capital punishment AFTER a trial.

I've travel extensively, this is VERY common.

We are the only country in North America that still executes
Europe does not execute
Russia does not execute

We're still full of bloodthirsty people like children in the 18th century lining up to watch the gore generated by Madame Guillotine and make depraved speculations on how long the head lives severed from the body. Executions sickened society then and still do today. Until our culture changes to respect life, little will change.

The fact that we are one of the few countries that resort to capital punishment is a sad reflection on our society

Even the drug manufacturers refuse to sink to the level of manufacturing murder drugs

Europe does not execute
Russia does not execute

We're still full of bloodthirsty people like children in the 18th century lining up to watch the gore generated by Madame Guillotine and make depraved speculations on how long the head lives severed from the body. Executions sickened society then and still do today. Until our culture changes to respect life, little will change.

From what I've seen, it is not easy to get the death penalty in the first place, at least not in Nebraska

Europe does not execute
Russia does not execute

I have friends from the EU, guess again. Ask anyone from the EU if any of their friends, family, or acquaintances have disappeared.
They are magicians?

Europe does not execute
Russia does not execute

From what I've seen, it is not easy to get the death penalty in the first place, at least not in Nebraska

The two people that live in Nebraska decided not to kill each other.

... Their loved one is dead, no children to visit, no parents to visit, and no spouse to talk to. Yet the person who ended this family is allowed to see his or her family, to talk to their loved ones. And people have no problem with this.

I only hope none of you ever suffer someone you love being taken from you by an animal.

human being - animals are not able to be murderers

Then you can visit your loved one at the cemetery, or perhaps keep their remains on your mantle, all the while, the person who took them from you, eats like a king, has cable tv, internet access, and free medical care.

There is one good thing about prisons though, for enough money, you can have anyone in there killed. and that shank makes them suffer much more than a few seconds...:muahaha:

You are a little confused. Who knows how it feels to suffer because of the violent death of a family member is normally not satisfied if other people are losing a family member or friend too. Not even the friends and/or family members of a murderer. As long as someone lives is hope. But death is death. Death is the great wrongness in this world here. People who lost someone whom they loved are often asking themselve years and even decades later some questions - and in this case it would be good the murderer would be still alive and ready to give a good answer if possible. And others try to find out how to prevent crimes like murder. They also like to ask murderers or to study them in other ways. For the friends and family members of a victim it's much more important if the death of the loved persons helps, that others don't have to die too. Revenge is not satisfying - life is satisfying. I'm very happy that Nebraska found the way out of the confused foggy darkness of the mind called "death penalty" into the light of the Lord and his message of hope, love and life.

Revenge felt pretty good to me.

You lost a family member because of murder and murdered the murderer afterwards and this felt pretty good to you? I don't think this happened.

And now I sleep at night. It was just like putting down a rabid dog, a dog that needed killing.

You did what? I never had in my life a problem with dogs. No imagination what your problem is.

As I have said, if your family is wiped out, your mind will change,

Let me say it in this way: God knows everything - but you know everything better, isn't it? Who is for death penalty should be ready to kill a murderer on his own. I'm sure you are ready to do so, although your familly was not wiped out. But I'm also sure - don't ask me why, hopefully it's not only an illusion - the most Americans would not be ready to kill a murderer on their own.

Shitcanned the death penalty yesterday and for today's trick they green lighted drivers licenses for some illegal aliens.

This is about states rights for sure, but it's long past time for repubs at the national level to begin softening their hardline their views

This is far from over:

Nebraska Attorney General to challenge death penalty law in court 91.5 KIOS-FM

This particular dog & pony show is just another payday for lawyers.
He's only going after the part of the new law which converts death row inmates to life in prison. A case he's by no means guaranteed to win. They'll be no more death penalty cases in Nebraska.

... Name an innocent person to have been put to death since 1939.

-----
See: Rate of false conviction of criminal defendants who are sentenced to death

Significance
The rate of erroneous conviction of innocent criminal defendants is often described as not merely unknown but unknowable. We use survival analysis to model this effect, and estimate that if all death-sentenced defendants remained under sentence of death indefinitely at least 4.1% would be exonerated. We conclude that this is a conservative estimate of the proportion of false conviction among death sentences in the United States.
-----

If you know something you have 2 ways: to ignore what you know or to accept what you know.

Last edited:
Give the criminal bastards ONE appeal and execute the SoBs within one freaking year of their sentence instead of giving them 25 or 30 years wasting MY money and YOUR money and watching them die a natural death.
BULLSHIT.

There's a reason our criminal justice system is set up the way it is, fool. Sorry, you don't get to restructure it.
Says Carla Bitch...regressive commie liberal.
Typical Con, ignore the facts .. stay ignorant.
The FACT is simple. IF you kill the criminal he/she CANNOT re-commit. Dead people are quite passive.

The fact is- if you kill a person who was innocent of the crime, there is nothing you can do to unkill him.

and if he dies after 40 years in jail, that's better how?

There's a reason our criminal justice system is set up the way it is, fool. Sorry, you don't get to restructure it.
The FACT is simple. IF you kill the criminal he/she CANNOT re-commit. Dead people are quite passive.

The fact is- if you kill a person who was innocent of the crime, there is nothing you can do to unkill him.

Its not better. But if he is found to be innocent after 20 years in jail- he can be released- he couldn't be unkilled.

One example:

In the town of Ada, Oklahoma, Ron Williamson was going to be the next Mickey Mantle. But on his way to the Big Leagues, Ron stumbled, his dreams broken by drinking, drugs, and women. Then, on a winter night in 1982, not far from Ron’s home, a young cocktail waitress named Debra Sue Carter was savagely murdered. The investigation led nowhere. Until, on the flimsiest evidence, it led to Ron Williamson. The washed-up small-town hero was charged, tried, and sentenced to death—in a trial littered with lying witnesses and tainted evidence that would shatter a man’s already broken life, and let a true killer go free.

Impeccably researched, grippingly told, filled with eleventh-hour drama, John Grisham’s first work of nonfiction reads like a page-turning legal thriller. It is a book that will terrify anyone who believes in the presumption of innocence—a book no American can afford to miss.

In 1988, Williamson and Fritz were convicted of first-degree murder. Fritz received a life sentence. Williamson was sent to death row. It's where he would stay for 11 years until DNA evidence exonerated him — just five days before he was to be executed.

Its not better. But if he is found to be innocent after 20 years in jail- he can be released- he couldn't be unkilled.

One example:

In the town of Ada, Oklahoma, Ron Williamson was going to be the next Mickey Mantle. But on his way to the Big Leagues, Ron stumbled, his dreams broken by drinking, drugs, and women. Then, on a winter night in 1982, not far from Ron’s home, a young cocktail waitress named Debra Sue Carter was savagely murdered. The investigation led nowhere. Until, on the flimsiest evidence, it led to Ron Williamson. The washed-up small-town hero was charged, tried, and sentenced to death—in a trial littered with lying witnesses and tainted evidence that would shatter a man’s already broken life, and let a true killer go free.

Impeccably researched, grippingly told, filled with eleventh-hour drama, John Grisham’s first work of nonfiction reads like a page-turning legal thriller. It is a book that will terrify anyone who believes in the presumption of innocence—a book no American can afford to miss.

In 1988, Williamson and Fritz were convicted of first-degree murder. Fritz received a life sentence. Williamson was sent to death row. It's where he would stay for 11 years until DNA evidence exonerated him — just five days before he was to be executed.

OK, but the question is if he just was sentenced to life would anyone care to review his case in such detail, or would he still be rotting in a cell?

Oh boy, I know the state of Nebraska will be happy to support these scumbag murders for the rest of their natural lives with food, a nice cell and plenty of love and special care...including paying for all their medical needs even if it's transsexual surgery. Good decision you dumb bastards.

Executions are staggeringly more expensive than life without parole is.
BULLSHIT!! That's NOTHING more than another global warming claim .
Nope your wrong ,its more costly to kill,this has been proven time and time again.

Nope your wrong ,its more costly to kill,this has been proven time and time again.

NOT if they kill them within one/two years of conviction and stop the bullshit of keeping them alive for 20/25 years OR FOREVER so the LAWYERS can make a shitload of money off the murderous bastards.

http://graphics.latimes.com/towergraphic-see-13-men-executed-california-1978/

Here are the 13 men executed by California since 1978
By EVAN WAGSTAFF

JULY 16, 2014, 2 P.M.
In his ruling that California's death penalty violates the U.S. Constitution's ban on cruel and unusual punishment, U.S. District Judge Cormac J. Carney noted that more than 850 people have been sentenced to death in California since 1978, when the state reinstated capital punishment, but only 13 have been executed.

Here's a look at those men and the crimes for which they were put to death:

One example:

OK, but the question is if he just was sentenced to life would anyone care to review his case in such detail, or would he still be rotting in a cell?
Even prison is better than death. Contrary to the brainless speculations that it's more cruel to lock someone up for life and they would prefer death, nearly all death row inmates would choose to live if they could. Life is precious, even a life in prison.

Still, the Innocence Project looks at all cases with merit, whether they are DP cases or not.

One example:

Even prison is better than death. Contrary to the brainless speculations that it's more cruel to lock someone up for life and they would prefer death, nearly all death row inmates would choose to live if they could. Life is precious, even a life in prison.

Still, the Innocence Project looks at all cases with merit, whether they are DP cases or not.

The fact that to some people, prison is better than death is exactly WHY we need the death penalty. To someone capable of not just murder, but a murder we see as deserving of a death sentence, is prison really all that much of a punishment?

And while they look at many cases, I bet they spend much more time on DP cases. Again, what of all those people who died innocent in prison after 40 years?

Oh boy, I know the state of Nebraska will be happy to support these scumbag murders for the rest of their natural lives with food, a nice cell and plenty of love and special care...including paying for all their medical needs even if it's transsexual surgery. Good decision you dumb bastards.

Last time I checked a rifle round was going for less than a dollar.

And an overdose of auto exhaust is free. They can use my truck.

And an overdose of auto exhaust is free. They can use my truck.

And I'll pay for the gas.
Maybe we should just go green and use a hemp rope?

Forum List

Back