Neighbor Sees Confederate Flag in Garage, Dials 911

"Now I have no way to convince my 10-year-old son that his neighbor is not a racist, redneck cop," Rod told MassLive.com, after posting an image of McCarthy's flag on Facebook

That has to be the most moronic statement of all. How about getting to know the neighbor, and if he is NOT a racist redneck, introducing him to your son and teaching him to see people as individuals and not as labels?
Your comment is the moronic one, hadit. The cop had a duty to begin a dialogue before putting up the flag. He does not exist in isolation from his neighborhood. The flag is not a neutral symbol. For the great majority of the country, it is a bad symbol.

"Now I have no way to convince my 10-year-old son that his neighbor is not a racist, redneck cop," Rod told MassLive.com, after posting an image of McCarthy's flag on Facebook

That has to be the most moronic statement of all. How about getting to know the neighbor, and if he is NOT a racist redneck, introducing him to your son and teaching him to see people as individuals and not as labels?
Your comment is the moronic one, hadit. The cop had a duty to begin a dialogue before putting up the flag. He does not exist in isolation from his neighborhood. The flag is not a neutral symbol. For the great majority of the country, it is a bad symbol.
He put it up on the back wall of his garage, hardly front and center of his house. Did the neighbor bother to talk to him, to find out if the cop was a racist? No, he called 911 because he saw a flag. That's ridiculous.

The far right neo-confederates don't get that a cop has a responsibility to his neighbors.

If he is going to be a cop, he can't be scaring the children. That is on him to let his neighbors know ahead of time and make sure all is copacetic.

"If he is going to be a cop, he can't be scaring the children."

The police aren't scaring the children, the Leftists though are guaranteed to scare the children with all their screaming and having a big tantrum in the neighbourhood about a citizen displaying a flag on their private property.

I don't know what the fuss is, the Confederate flag is absolutely harmless. Guess there no telling what the progressive control freak thinks is right... Lemmings

Not that long ago an American living in Canada proudly displayed both the American and Canadian Flag on equal height flag poles. His Canadian neighbors demanded that he take down the American Flag. No, I don't have a link and even if I did do not know how to copy and paste.
I'd tell them to kiss my ass.

I would not do it in the first place because it would be sure to start controversy in my neighborhood. The cop should hang the Confederate National Flag rather than the Confederate Battle Flag. 99.9% do not know what the Confederate National Flag looks like and ignore it.
Yes the law enforcement officer of the United States of America should fly a symbol of betrayal against the country whose laws he has sworn to uphold

:cuckoo:
He put it on the wall of his garage. He didn't exactly "fly" it.

I don't know what the fuss is, the Confederate flag is absolutely harmless. Guess there no telling what the progressive control freak thinks is right... Lemmings
Symbolism over substance. There's more outrage over a flag from some groups than there is over actual harm caused by certain groups rioting.

That's when neighbors Rod and Lindel Hart complained, saying their 10-year-old adopted son — who is black — was uncomfortable after seeing the flag.

fucking liberscum need to get a fucking spine and quit being such a bunch of fucking jellyfish, they need to tell their adopted colored baby the world is not his alone.., grow the fuck up :asshole:S!!!!!

The far right neo-confederates don't get that a cop has a responsibility to his neighbors.

If he is going to be a cop, he can't be scaring the children. That is on him to let his neighbors know ahead of time and make sure all is copacetic.
No one has any responsibility to any neighbor. The children should not be examining what other people have in their homes and garages.

10cong-JP-master315.jpg

this photo needs to be displayed in this forum every day !!

The flag could be seen from the street when the garage door was open.

Whether a Nazi or Isis (they are in Salt Lake City) or a Confederate flag, they are bad symbols.

This was a little black boy complaining. He was checking out what he could steal.

Why do the Clintons and Al Gore scare children?
image.png

Scariest TV show in history according to you.
image.jpeg

The issue is not about right versus left or any constitutional rights.

The Police Officer is his department’s liaison on the town Human Rights Commission and is required "uphold the department's code of conduct, according to The Recorder. "The code says that no behavior should reflect badly on the department or town as a whole."

19307649-mmmain.jpg

Greenfield police officer under fire for allegedly displaying Confederate flag in garage

Rather than discuss with the young boy how wrong these folks feel the issues and actions were back then and how everyone has a right to the way they feel as long as they do no act upon it. They are teaching their son how to hide and use the law as a bludgeon rather than a tool to be used sparingly and only when necessary.

Anyone who supports the values of the flags I named are anti-American.

The issue is not about right versus left or any constitutional rights.

The Police Officer is his department’s liaison on the town Human Rights Commission and is required "uphold the department's code of conduct, according to The Recorder. "The code says that no behavior should reflect badly on the department or town as a whole."

19307649-mmmain.jpg

Greenfield police officer under fire for allegedly displaying Confederate flag in garage

Rather than discuss with the young boy how wrong these folks feel the issues and actions were back then and how everyone has a right to the way they feel as long as they do no act upon it. They are teaching their son how to hide and use the law as a bludgeon rather than a tool to be used sparingly and only when necessary.
Well, that does change things a bit.

BTW....I am curious if this officer is originally from the South or his family is. After all, we are constantly told it's a symbol of the Southern Culture.....not exactly front and center in Massachusetts.

Forum List

Back