🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

New Book Exposes How EPA Distorts Science To Fit Its Political Goals

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
If you thought EPA regulations had anything to do with science, this article will disabuse you of that notion. The EPA manipulates "science" to achieve power.

The Environmental Protection Agency has based its most onerous air pollution regulations on junk science meant to further political goals, says the author of a new book.

Lawyer-statistician Steve Milloy’s new book, “Scare Pollution,” shows readers how EPA has distorted the science behind air pollution regulations to hamper politically incorrect industries, from coal to logging to manufacturing.

“I have worked on EPA science controversies for 25 years,” Milloy told The Daily Caller News Foundation. “EPA doesn’t use science so much as it abuses it for its political ends.”

Milloy is referring to EPA regulations that rely on the shaky claim that fine particulate matter, or PM2.5, kills people. That claim alone has allowed EPA to claim billions of dollar worth of supposed benefits from regulating coal plants, factories and automobiles.

If you thought EPA regulations had anything to do with science, this article will disabuse you of that notion. The EPA manipulates "science" to achieve power.

The Environmental Protection Agency has based its most onerous air pollution regulations on junk science meant to further political goals, says the author of a new book.

Lawyer-statistician Steve Milloy’s new book, “Scare Pollution,” shows readers how EPA has distorted the science behind air pollution regulations to hamper politically incorrect industries, from coal to logging to manufacturing.

“I have worked on EPA science controversies for 25 years,” Milloy told The Daily Caller News Foundation. “EPA doesn’t use science so much as it abuses it for its political ends.”

Milloy is referring to EPA regulations that rely on the shaky claim that fine particulate matter, or PM2.5, kills people. That claim alone has allowed EPA to claim billions of dollar worth of supposed benefits from regulating coal plants, factories and automobiles.
Yeah, yeah! And the Earth is flat. Stay away from the edge, Bripat. It is said that if a person fears great heights so much, and they find themselves in that situation, they will jump off the edge just to escape the fear and get it over with. So stay way from the edge of the world.

BTW: off topic but...if your avatar were a kid of mine, I'd slap the snot out of him for such disrespect. All it does is get a person disrespected in return. I'm sure there's photo of Ted Nugent in a similar pose. He is at least old enough to know what he's doing. This kid can't possibly. You, and his airhead parents, ought to know better than to allow this kid to become an obnoxious brat nobody likes.

Yeah, yeah! And the Earth is flat. Stay away from the edge, Bripat. It is said that if a person fears great heights so much, and they find themselves in that situation, they will jump off the edge just to escape the fear and get it over with. So stay way from the edge of the world.

BTW: off topic but...if your avatar were a kid of mine, I'd slap the snot out of him for such disrespect. All it does is get a person disrespected in return. I'm sure there's photo of Ted Nugent in a similar pose. He is at least old enough to know what he's doing. This kid can't possibly. You, and his airhead parents, ought to know better than to allow this kid to become an obnoxious brat nobody likes.

Nothing to refute the OP, so you just throw out insults. Nice scientific approach there.

Child abuse is a liberal mainstay.

The EPA will be downsized and it's about time. They've gotten to big and powerful and gone well beyond their purpose.

He also is fine with second hand smoke and maybe even smoking. Nothing worst than being in a home with everyone smoking, but hey its not harmful.

The Epa is not powerful enough.

Flat earthers are the kind that swallow whatever the government puts out simply because the government labels it as "science."

You're a gullible moron.

As for my avatar, I think it was photo shopped, so your concerns groundless.

He also is fine with second hand smoke and maybe even smoking. Nothing worst than being in a home with everyone smoking, but hey its not harmful.

If you don't want second hand smoke in your house, then don't allow people to smoke in it. Problem solved. No EPA required.

You really should try to that in 2024 or 2028 when you have the office of president again...

If you don't want second hand smoke in your house, then don't allow people to smoke in it. Problem solved. No EPA required.

Snowflakes need someone else with authority over them.

More of the same, the government benefiting itself and not the common good. ---- and always ignored by the MSM.

Also, more of the same are liberal posters here and politicians ignoring the ugly truth and diverting our attention to small matters (like transgender bathrooms while Iran gets 150 billion to play with) --- and even those small matters they are on the wrong side of goodness.

That's rather Nazi of you, what next you round up all the scientists who dare challenge you, gas them and burn the bodies is giant ovens?

Sweet......best catch up on the news. The EPA is about to get its clocked cleaned. Google "Scott Pruitt" + "EPA".......its gonna be laughable for those not part of the k00k greens. So happy that people out there in the real world have come to realize that the EPA actually has little to do with the environment in 2016. duh.........thank God too that the hopelessly duped are now in the distinct minority!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

All these claims of manipulation but no solutions except to say let companies voluntarily do the right things. If they dont? Welp, we asked but they declined.

All these claims of manipulation but no solutions except to say let companies voluntarily do the right things. If they dont? Welp, we asked but they declined.

lol........s0n.........that's an early 1970's argument.......the sentiment only of the fringe. The thinking is fucked here........which is why these people are getting their clocks cleaned in elections for going on 7 years now.:eusa_dance: Works for me though........:popcorn:

That's rather Nazi of you, what next you round up all the scientists who dare challenge you, gas them and burn the bodies is giant ovens?

They didn't burn them in giant ovens, they burnt them in giant graves, along with the polish, gays and JW's, when bodies die, they get burnt in times of war, to stop the spread of disease. They did what is appropriate. Repeat after me, NO GIANT OVENS.

I'll bet you can amuse us immensely if you try to make the argument that the author, Milloy, does NOT have 'political goals'.

I'll bet you can amuse us immensely if you try to make the argument that the author, Milloy, does NOT have 'political goals'.

Define "political goals." Yes, he wants to prevent environmental wackos from destroying this country. I guess you can call that a "political goal." Now prove that so-called "climate scientists" don't have "political goals."

The environmental issue was largely solved 30 years ago. Everything since then has been a war on capitalism. It serves no useful purpose.

Forum List

Back