New development in the shooting case of the black georgia jogger

Status
Not open for further replies.
what the video shows is a truck parked rather far ahead of the jogger...the father in the bed of the truck and the son to the left and front of the truck......apparntly waiting there wanting to talk the driver....the jogger sees them and keeps jogging towards them....displaying no fear that I can see.

What the police report states, by Gregory McMichael's own admission, is that the jogger turned around and went the other way when the two murder suspects initially tried to cut him off.

The second attempt to cut him off after he'd turned around and ran the opposite direction, also referenced in the police report, states that they stopped ahead to cut him off the second time. That's when Bubba exited his pickemup truck with his shotgun.

I dunno why you keep poppin off, your credibility has pretty much been shot since the first couple of times you've posted on the topic around the board. And you're a known racist anyway. Nobody with an ounce of common sense and the ability to read a police report takes you seriously, man.

Last edited:
McMichael’s is no longer a cop. He doesn’t get to act like one. A private citizen is not entitled to grab a gun and chase down someone they suspect did something.
Ha ha. Folks, this is what you get, when liberals, MISeducated and undereducated in liberal schools, and information deprived by liberal OMISSION media, talk.

A private citizen most certainly IS ENTITLED to grab a gun and chase down someone they suspect did something. As long as they are in compliance with the gun laws of the state.

Liberal are clueless when it comes to guns.

I'm not a cop either. But I have a Florida CCW firearms license, and I carry a .380 semiautomatic pistol in my pocket, almost every where I go. WalMart, the bank, supermarkets. If I suspect somebody robbed somebody, yes I could chase after that person, and apprehend him at gunpoint until police arrive.

One of the biggest problems in our society is our schools, run by gun-clueless liberals, don't teach gun law, or behavior vis a vis the police.
NO! NO citizen is "IS ENTITLED to grab a gun and chase down someone they suspect did something. As long as they are in compliance with the gun laws of the state." Absolutely NOT! Do you want someone stationed on the street that you live on to stop you by carrying a gun to answer any questions s/he wants to put to you? This is the United States, for God's sake. Would YOU stop everything to be questioned by just another person and put your hands in the air? DOUBT IT! Would it have been okay for Arbery and one of his friends, all armed, to stop YOU in the middle of the street and question YOU?
Yes it would be OK for Arbery and one of his friends to ask me questions, (whether they are armed or not) Of course it's OK. Who hasn't been asked questions by strangers in the street ?

I've been asked for the time. I've been asked while standing next to my car, if a store was open or not. I've even had panhandlers come to me and ask me for money. SO WHAT ?

Yes, this is the United States. And they are free to speak to friends and/or strangers alike.

And YES YES! You most certainly ARE entitled to carry a gun (as I do, every day), and you are entitled to ask people questions, and yes, chase after them too, if they are some distance from you.

American liberals are the most information-deprived, scatterbrained airheads on the face of the earth.

Nobody has any right to detain anyone at gunpoint. I ignore people who try to waylay me on the street. There is no right to brandish a gun at them. I have been stopped by guys who wanted to say something sexual to me and people who wanted to ask me questions about my religious beliefs. I ignored them and continued on my way. And, no, I am not such a coward that I have to carry a gun with me everywhere I go. This guy with the shotgun should have gotten out of Arbery's way. No wonder that Arbery perceived him as a threat. I would, too. This seems to be an attempt to block Arbery from continuing on his way. And why was the other guy filming from behind? This is an ambush.
BTW: these McMichaels look like thugs. I wouldn't have stopped for them.

Last edited:
The white guy had no legal reason to brandish a weapon. Legal carry also requires legal use and there must be a reason to use, without that the weapon is illegal even for a police officer
Again you make wild claims with no evidence to support what you say. I haven't studied Georgia law too much, but I know it is very similar to law in Florida where I live. Here, It is legal to have a gun, and carry it around, even a handgun, with a license, it's legal to show it ("brandish" if you prefer that word),

Also, legal carrying does NOT require any particular legal use. You carry the gun just for self-defense, as the McMicheals obviously were doing. Are you just making things up as you go along ? Sounds like it.

what the video shows is a truck parked rather far ahead of the jogger...the father in the bed of the truck and the son to the left and front of the truck......apparntly waiting there wanting to talk the driver....the jogger sees them and keeps jogging towards them....displaying no fear that I can see.

What the police report states is that the jogger turned around and went the other way when the two murder suspects initially tried to cut him off.

The second attemp to cut him off after he'd turned around and ran the opposite directiont, also referenced in the police report, states that they stopped ahead to cut him off the second time. That's when Bubba exited his pickemup truck with his shotgun.

I dunno why you keep poppin off, your credibility has pretty much been shot since the first couple of times you've posted on the topic around the board. And you're a known racist anyway. Nobody with an ounce of common sense and the abiltiy to read a police report takes you seriously, man.
you got a link for that claim???

McMichael’s is no longer a cop. He doesn’t get to act like one. A private citizen is not entitled to grab a gun and chase down someone they suspect did something.
Ha ha. Folks, this is what you get, when liberals, MISeducated and undereducated in liberal schools, and information deprived by liberal OMISSION media, talk.

A private citizen most certainly IS ENTITLED to grab a gun and chase down someone they suspect did something. As long as they are in compliance with the gun laws of the state.

I'm not a cop either. But I have a Florida CCW firearms license, and I carry a .380 semiautomatic pistol in my pocket, almost every where I go. WalMart, the bank, supermarkets. If I suspect somebody robbed somebody, yes I could chase after that person, and apprehend him at gunpoint until police arrive.

One of the biggest problems in our society is our schools, run by gun-clueless liberals, don't teach gun law, or behavior vis a vis the police.
NO! NO citizen is "IS ENTITLED to grab a gun and chase down someone they suspect did something. As long as they are in compliance with the gun laws of the state." Absolutely NOT! Do you want someone stationed on the street that you live on to stop you by carrying a gun to answer any questions s/he wants to put to you? This is the United States, for God's sake. Would YOU stop everything to be questioned by just another person and put your hands in the air? DOUBT IT! Would it have been okay for Arbery and one of his friends, all armed, to stop YOU in the middle of the street and question YOU?
Yes it would be OK for Arbery and one of his friends to ask me questions, (whether they are armed or not) Of course it's OK. Who hasn't been asked questions by strangers in the street ?

I've been asked for the time. I've been asked while standing next to my car, if a store was open or not. I've even had panhandlers come to me and ask me for money. SO WHAT ?

Yes, this is the United States. And they are free to speak to friends and/or strangers alike.

And YES YES! You most certainly ARE entitled to carry a gun (as I do, every day), and you are entitled to ask people questions, and yes, chase after them too, if they are some distance from you.

American liberals are the most information-deprived, scatterbrained airheads on the face of the earth.

Nobody has any right to detain anyone at gunpoint. I ignore people who try to waylay me on the street. There is no right to brandish a gun at them. I have been stopped by guys who wanted to say something sexual to me and people who wanted to ask me questions about my religious beliefs. I ignored them and continued on my way. And, no, I am not such a coward that I have to carry a gun with me everywhere I go. This guy with the shotgun should have gotten out of Arbery's way. No wonder that Arbery perceived him as a threat. I would, too. This seems to be an attempt to block Arbery from continuing on his way. And why was the other guy filming from behind? This is an ambush.
you might want to rewrite that comment cause its full of bullshit thats not true,,,

It is not illegal to follow someone....it is not even illegal to chase after someone.
Actually, it can be.

I see we have us another Trump U educated lawyer, here.
It "can be" IF the person is doing >> "coerce, intimidate, threaten, or interfere" as the statute reads.

But in this case, the McMichaels pair was doing none of those things. Arbery could have simply ignored the McMichaels guys, and walked on. If anybody "coerced, intimidated, threatened, or interfered", it was Arbery, and he did much more than that.
So someone chasing you down with a gun shouting stop isn’t trying to coerce, intimidate, threaten or interfere?

you might want to rewrite that comment cause its full of bullshit thats not true,,,

It is also common sense. If you are holding a gun on someone, their hands must be visible to you. If their hand disappears from your view, in a fraction of a second, you could be shot dead. That's why you are taught to shoot instantly, when the hand disappears.
Nope. The police is not full of psychopaths. They don’t just start blasting at the drop of a hat.

It is not illegal to follow someone....it is not even illegal to chase after someone.
Actually, it can be.

It "can be" IF the person is doing >> "coerce, intimidate, threaten, or interfere" as the statute reads.

But in this case, the McMichaels pair was doing none of those things. Arbery could have simply ignored the McMichaels guys, and walked on. If anybody "coerced, intimidated, threatened, or interfered", it was Arbery, and he did much more than that.
So someone chasing you down with a gun shouting stop isn’t trying to coerce, intimidate, threaten or interfere?
it all depends on why they are doing it,,,

to bad he chose to attack them instead of letting them violate his rights and sue them for it,,,

I call that bad parenting,,,

IF, the situation warranted (legally) that. McMichaels isn't a dummy. He has worked in law enforceme.nt for years. He knows his rights.

Nobody said they were there to protect him, He was a suspect

It is not illegal to follow someone....it is not even illegal to chase after someone....though you may have a special definition for what you mean by that.

Irregardless........ what the video shows is a truck parked rather far ahead of the jogger...the father in the bed of the truck and the son to the left and front of the truck......apparntly waiting there wanting to talk the driver....the jogger sees them and keeps jogging towards them....displaying no fear that I can see.

When the jogger gets to the truck he goes to the right to get around the truck...if any words were exchanged I have not heard any report on that....when the jogger gets to the front of the truck he quickly veers to the left and attacks the guy with the shot gun obviously trying to take it away from him...we hear 3 shots fired....we see a struggle, we see the black guy hitting the white guy with his fists...then we see the black guy start to take off but quickly collapses and dies.

Anyhow....to get back to your assertion that they chased him down....it appears they drove ahead of him and stopped and from what I have reported....the father just wanted to talk to the black guy.

Also, as pointed out many,many times they were not violating the law by having weapons....in fact nothing they did was in violation of the law.

No arrest was made.....nor was there any effort to make an arrest.

If you chase someone down with firearms they may logically perceive you as threatening to them and act in defense.

The two men were attempting to make a citizens arrest, at least that was the explanation given by the first DA. The statement to police is consistent with that.

Nobody has any right to detain anyone at gunpoint. I ignore people who try to waylay me on the street. There is no right to brandish a gun at them. I have been stopped by guys who wanted to say something sexual to me and people who wanted to ask me questions about my religious beliefs. I ignored them and continued on my way. And, no, I am not such a coward that I have to carry a gun with me everywhere I go. This guy with the shotgun should have gotten out of Arbery's way. No wonder that Arbery perceived him as a threat. I would, too.
1. :puhleeze: I see no evidence of your wild claims, which are in contradiction to Florida law. I suspect they contradict Georgia law as well.. Got a source ? Got a link ? Got anything - pertaining to Georgia law ? :link::link::link:

2. Carrying a gun is not a sign of cowardice. It is a mark of intelligence, of how we combat, and defend against crime. Soldiers in wars carry guns. You want to call them cowards too ?

3. You are talking like an idiot. when somebody attacks you like Arbery did, there is no such thing as getting out of the way. The way that you get out of his way is by shooting him. Period. The politicians in this town are the ones who should be getting arrested.

4. There was no reason for Arbery to perceive McMichaels as a threat. The only one who did anything threatening or violent was Arbery.

Actually, it can be.

it all depends on why they are doing it,,,

to bad he chose to attack them instead of letting them violate his rights and sue them for it,,,

I call that bad parenting,,,

There’s some bad parenting here alright.

1589055029268.jpeg

The white guy had no legal reason to brandish a weapon. Legal carry also requires legal use and there must be a reason to use, without that the weapon is illegal even for a police officer
Again you make wild claims with no evidence to support what you say. I haven't studied Georgia law too much, but I know it is very similar to law in Florida where I live. Here, It is legal to have a gun, and carry it around, even a handgun, with a license, it's legal to show it ("brandish" if you prefer that word),

Also, legal carrying does NOT require any particular legal use. You carry the gun just for self-defense, as the McMicheals obviously were doing. Are you just making things up as you go along ? Sounds like it.
Dude the Klan members have admitted to trying to make a citizens arrest. This was illegal because there was no crime, then or now. Without a crime the arrest was illegal as was the gun. The fact is that the lawyer for the Klan members is merely trying to get life in prison over the death penalty for their clients

This is over and done

attempting is not the same as doing it,,,

They did detain him, the told him to stop with the threat of deadly force and had a shotgun, a handgun and a pickup truck for use as weapons to enforce their white ass commands. They coulda had a rope in the back of the truck for all he knew

Ahmaud had no way of knowing why he was being violently threatened and ordered to comply. These were not police officers giving the command.
if he only complied he would be here today to file a complaint against them,,,,instead he tried to fight them,,,,

sounds like bad parenting to me
How do you know that they were not planning to hang him
how do you know they were???

Well, exactly. Ahmaud Abery had no idea what these two guys chasing him while brandishing guns were capable of. They clearly weren't going to let him out of the neighborhood since they were illegally attempting a citizens arrest. Their actions put Ahmaud in a defensive position. Remember, to him they are two strangers chasing him with guns. I'm sure it was nothing short of a nightmare for him.
so he should have sat down so he posed no threat and called the cops,,,not attack them when it was clear he was out gunned,,,

That's irrelevant. The two white guys had no right to chase and detain him. That's where the real issue is. Who knows what they said to him as he tries to avoid them by running around the right side of the truck. Why does Travis move the front of the truck to meet him? What is clear by their own lawyers admission is they were attempting to apprehend him in a citizens arrest. Based on Georgia law it was an illegal citizens arrest. At the point Ahmaud can sit down, but if he feels his life is in danger he can defend himself.
they have every right to follow who ever they want,,,and they never detained him,,,so stop lying,,,

Exadtly right.....no evidence that any arrest was made nor was there any attempt to make an arrest.

Some try to muddy the waters claiming they were attempting to make an illegal citizens arrest...but there is no evidence of such an attempt being made....even though I think they were entitled to do that....for whatever reason they did not do that....the black guy had a open road in front of him....he should have just kept jogging down that road....there was nothing to stop him....as in no one was trying to stop him.
Exadtly right.

If you say so honkey

when did they not let him leave???
they didnt,,

That is a racist lie.

We know the murderers blocked the joggers path and his freedom of movement. They were using a pickup truck as a weapon against an unarmed man. It’s highly probable the killers were brandishing their weapons the when they tried to stop him.

The gun goobers were violating the jogger’s civil rights the very first time they obstructed his freedom of movement to the final second that they shot him on a public road.

What means of escape from his armed attackers using two vehicles did the jogger have? Run ono Private Prioerty and then be shot for trespassing?

Add yourself to the confirmed racist list.
obviously you didnt watch the video cause the truck was stopped in the road and not turned crossways to traffic and the black guy swerved to attack the driver when he could have ran on straight uninterrupted,,,
The two men are already on record saying they had been attempting to cut him off several times before the final confrontation.

The idea that they weren’t attempting to impede him is ignorant. Not even the accused murderers have claimed that.
to bad he decided to attack them which resulted in his death or he could have been here to defend his actions,,,

It’s unfortunate the two men put him in a position where he felt necessary to defend himself.

Which is why these two men are now in legal jeopardy when their actions led to his death.
hes the one that put his own life in jeopordy when he decide to attack them instead of run any of the other 359 different directions
when did they not let him leave???
they didnt,,

That is a racist lie.

We know the murderers blocked the joggers path and his freedom of movement. They were using a pickup truck as a weapon against an unarmed man. It’s highly probable the killers were brandishing their weapons the when they tried to stop him.

The gun goobers were violating the jogger’s civil rights the very first time they obstructed his freedom of movement to the final second that they shot him on a public road.

What means of escape from his armed attackers using two vehicles did the jogger have? Run ono Private Prioerty and then be shot for trespassing?

Add yourself to the confirmed racist list.
obviously you didnt watch the video cause the truck was stopped in the road and not turned crossways to traffic and the black guy swerved to attack the driver when he could have ran on straight uninterrupted,,,
The two men are already on record saying they had been attempting to cut him off several times before the final confrontation.

The idea that they weren’t attempting to impede him is ignorant. Not even the accused murderers have claimed that.
to bad he decided to attack them which resulted in his death or he could have been here to defend his actions,,,

It’s unfortunate the two men put him in a position where he felt necessary to defend himself.

Which is why these two men are now in legal jeopardy when their actions led to his death.
hes the one that put his own life in jeopordy when he decide to attack them instead of run any of the other 359 different directions

The only action they were sure he was doing was running. If he had run in any other direction but the road he would have been shot. Running in the road the truck can catch him. Running towards someone’s house in a neighborhood? One of those idiots would have shot him.

Nonsense....if being stupid was illegal you would get at least 20yrs.

How does anyone get so stupid? Do you take a stupid pill when you wake up in the morning?

Again........pointed out before.....but again since you obviously just post crap without checking out what has already been said....the father....the former policeman had investigated the black criminal back when he was a policeman....thus he recognized him on the video doing the burglary....so he knew who he was dealing with.....a black criminal. (Though the media will not report that....they never can be counted on to report the truth.)

The black suspect would not have been shot if he had not attacked the guy with the shot gun....if they just wanted to shoot him they could have done that at any time.

Are you black or just a stupid airhead brainwahed by some sociology professor at some junior college?
No citizen has any right to detain anyone with a firearm because they think they looked like someone on a video.

End of story.
they never tried to detain him,,,all he had to do was continue on his way,,,cause if he did and they tried to detain him he would be alive to file a complaint against them,,,

They were shouting at him to stop, chased him down in their trucks, got out in front of him and then emerged from the truck holding a shotgun.

Unless you’re a complete idiot, that’s attempting to detain someone

in this case both parties have fault,, but the death is a result of arbreys stupidity,,,
Legally it is. The only reason it’s an attempt is because he fought back.

Do we now fault people for acting in self defense? Do we now say people are stupid for defending themselves?
we only suspect he was defending himself,,,if he only complied he would be alive and the rednecks would be in jail,,,

Would they be in jail? I doubt it. The local prosecutor already was brushing this under the rug.

His actions are entirely consistent with self defense. Furthermore, the two accused murderer have demonstrated they were behaving outside the law and their legal rights. They are responsible for the outcome of a situation they created.
they were right up until the time abrey attacked them,,,
Nope. They were attempting to detain him. By their own admission. They created a situation that lead to a man’s death and are responsible for the outcome even if that isn’t what they wanted to happen.
they hold a partial responsibility,,,
They are solely responsible for the situation that led to the murder.

But I guess you want us to believe that people have to comply with strangers chasing you with guns?
he didnt comply and he should have just kept running or called the cops himself,,,,attacking them was the last thing a smart person does,,,
He had been trying to run but they kept following him, kept trying to cut him off, finally getting out of the car with a firearm to confront him.

He didn’t comply? Just who the hell do they think they are that anyone has any duty to “comply” with them?

That’s what’s so toxic about this entire episode. There seems to be some pervasive idea that this man needed to comply with the orders of these two people.
theres only one account of them catching up to him,,,

so stop with the lies,,,,

I’ve based this entirely on the suspects report to police. Have you read it?

IF, the situation warranted (legally) that. McMichaels isn't a dummy. He has worked in law enforceme.nt for years. He knows his rights.

It is not illegal to follow someone....it is not even illegal to chase after someone....though you may have a special definition for what you mean by that.

Irregardless........ what the video shows is a truck parked rather far ahead of the jogger...the father in the bed of the truck and the son to the left and front of the truck......apparntly waiting there wanting to talk the driver....the jogger sees them and keeps jogging towards them....displaying no fear that I can see.

When the jogger gets to the truck he goes to the right to get around the truck...if any words were exchanged I have not heard any report on that....when the jogger gets to the front of the truck he quickly veers to the left and attacks the guy with the shot gun obviously trying to take it away from him...we hear 3 shots fired....we see a struggle, we see the black guy hitting the white guy with his fists...then we see the black guy start to take off but quickly collapses and dies.

Anyhow....to get back to your assertion that they chased him down....it appears they drove ahead of him and stopped and from what I have reported....the father just wanted to talk to the black guy.

Also, as pointed out many,many times they were not violating the law by having weapons....in fact nothing they did was in violation of the law.

If you chase someone down with firearms they may logically perceive you as threatening to them and act in defense.

The two men were attempting to make a citizens arrest, at least that was the explanation given by the first DA. The statement to police is consistent with that.
to bad for him he didnt drop to his knees with his hands over his head and wait for the cops to clear it up,,,

thats what I told my kids to do,,,

:link: It wold be nice if all of you making all these claims would present a shred of evidence to go along with them.

Be aware however, that even if you do, the DA and police have already acted in league with the spineless, jellyfish politicians, who are motivated by the hot tempers within the black community, and the votes coming henceforth, and must be taken grain of salt.

They did detain him, the told him to stop with the threat of deadly force and had a shotgun, a handgun and a pickup truck for use as weapons to enforce their white ass commands. They coulda had a rope in the back of the truck for all he knew

Ahmaud had no way of knowing why he was being violently threatened and ordered to comply. These were not police officers giving the command.
if he only complied he would be here today to file a complaint against them,,,,instead he tried to fight them,,,,

sounds like bad parenting to me
How do you know that they were not planning to hang him
how do you know they were???

Well, exactly. Ahmaud Abery had no idea what these two guys chasing him while brandishing guns were capable of. They clearly weren't going to let him out of the neighborhood since they were illegally attempting a citizens arrest. Their actions put Ahmaud in a defensive position. Remember, to him they are two strangers chasing him with guns. I'm sure it was nothing short of a nightmare for him.
so he should have sat down so he posed no threat and called the cops,,,not attack them when it was clear he was out gunned,,,

That's irrelevant. The two white guys had no right to chase and detain him. That's where the real issue is. Who knows what they said to him as he tries to avoid them by running around the right side of the truck. Why does Travis move the front of the truck to meet him? What is clear by their own lawyers admission is they were attempting to apprehend him in a citizens arrest. Based on Georgia law it was an illegal citizens arrest. At the point Ahmaud can sit down, but if he feels his life is in danger he can defend himself.
they have every right to follow who ever they want,,,and they never detained him,,,so stop lying,,,

Exadtly right.....no evidence that any arrest was made nor was there any attempt to make an arrest.

Some try to muddy the waters claiming they were attempting to make an illegal citizens arrest...but there is no evidence of such an attempt being made....even though I think they were entitled to do that....for whatever reason they did not do that....the black guy had a open road in front of him....he should have just kept jogging down that road....there was nothing to stop him....as in no one was trying to stop him.
Not according to the original DA who stated that was precisely their apparent intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back