New development in the shooting case of the black georgia jogger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arbery wasn’t attacking someone defending themselves. He was attacking someone who was behaving in a threatening manner.
Upon WHAT do you base this wild and reckless comment ? There's nothing in the police report or video to substantiate it.

Three men in two trucks shouting at you to stop and brandishing firearms.
I would have called the cops not attack them,,,

why didnt he call the cops???

Irrelevant. The question is whether Arbery had a right to self defense. If he did, the McMichael’s are done.
we havent proven his life was in danger,,,thatas for a court to decide,,,

A person being pursued by three screaming men with firearms would be perceived as a life threatening situation by any reasonable person.
thats why he should have ran away and called the police,,,
He did try to run away, if even if he didn’t, he has no obligation to. Georgia is a “stand your ground” state. Someone claiming self defense has no obligation to retreat. A policy that is lauded by the right.
he didnt try hard enough,,,if it were me I would be in the next county long before they realized it,,,
Faster than a bullet are ya?
theres been no indication they would have shot him since they didnt when they had the opportunity,,,

Doesnt matter. The threat remains.
of courser it matters when youre claiming thier intent of hunting him down to murder him,,,
Not claiming that was their intent. I’m claiming it’s rational to fear that as their intent in the moment.

That’s the applicable legal standard.
if he thought that then hes even dumber that first thought,,,he should have ran away and called the cops himself,,,
What’s so dumb about fearing for your life when being pursued by three men with guns?
by going to them instead of running away and calling the police,,,

You're a black man with three white guys, stopping you while jogging, pointing a rifle at you, in a Georgia.

Ya right.

Arbery wasn’t attacking someone defending themselves. He was attacking someone who was behaving in a threatening manner.
Upon WHAT do you base this wild and reckless comment ? There's nothing in the police report or video to substantiate it.

Irrelevant. The question is whether Arbery had a right to self defense. If he did, the McMichael’s are done.

A person being pursued by three screaming men with firearms would be perceived as a life threatening situation by any reasonable person.
He did try to run away, if even if he didn’t, he has no obligation to. Georgia is a “stand your ground” state. Someone claiming self defense has no obligation to retreat. A policy that is lauded by the right.
he didnt try hard enough,,,if it were me I would be in the next county long before they realized it,,,
theres been no indication they would have shot him since they didnt when they had the opportunity,,,

of courser it matters when youre claiming thier intent of hunting him down to murder him,,,
Not claiming that was their intent. I’m claiming it’s rational to fear that as their intent in the moment.

if he thought that then hes even dumber that first thought,,,he should have ran away and called the cops himself,,,
What’s so dumb about fearing for your life when being pursued by three men with guns?
That’s not actually answering the question, that’s the answer to a different question, specifically “what should you do when being chased by armed men”.

The question is what is so dumb about fearing for your life when being pursued by three men with guns? Regardless of your decision to run to or away from them, you’d still have a rational fear for your life.
first thing you do is run the other way,,,and if that doesnt work do it again,,,

he wasnt dumb for the fear but for the confronting it if he as you said knew they had guns,,,THATS WHAT WAS DUMB!!!

What happened to stand your ground?

I don't think that he had the opportunity to run away and call the police. Again, what were these thugs doing standing in the middle of the road with guns? Why protect them? At least, finally, two of these thugs are wearing orange jumpsuits now.
what I saw in the video is he had lots of chances to run away,,,if it were me when I was that fit all they would see is my ass from a long distance and getting longer,,,

I also pulled up the area on google maps and he had lots of places to run to,,,

hehheh for sure....but you fail to take into account he was not in fear of his life....otherwise he would not have jogged up to the truck....he may have thought he was playing a game with the white dudes....we cannot really know what he was thinking...but one thing fore sure he was not in fear of his life.
You mean to say he would have turned around and ran the other way?

Oh wait, he already had done that, twice.

And so it begins.... trashing the victim to save racists.

Truths often emerge at critical moments....anyhow whats good for the goose is good for the gander...ya'll with the help of the fake news ....editing the video etc. have trashed two fine white men who were just acting as good citizens trying to help the police.

Ignoring the fact the black guy attacked the son and tried to wrest his weapon from him.

Also it seems very possible now that the black dude used jogging as a cover to scope out places to burglarize....which would also perhaps explain why he did not want to be questioned....which before seemed like a simple matter...stop and talk to the white guys .....but not so simple if he was a criminal...probably feared they had something on him...which also might have provoked his attack on the son...to get his weapon and then kill both the white guys with the shotgun....yes the facts are coming in and they will alter everyone's pre-conceived notions of this black guy being as innocent as a baby lamb....how striking this case is with the way the media is handling it in pretty much the same manner they handled the zimmmerman case.....they lost then...and it looks like they will lose again.

Even supposing that is true that doesn't in any remote way justify what occurred.

I have serious issues with armed vigilante citizens who perceive themselves to be judge-jury-executioner.

Because you lack good sense.....these guys were not vigilantes in any sense of the word....they were simply good citizens trying to protect their community much like George Zimmerman.

Vigilantes would never call the police but that is exactly what these 2 guys did....one of which himself was a former policeman.

If you had any sense you would be concerned about and what you should have serious issues about is black thugs who run around comitting mayhem.

Now that is a real problem....not good people trying to protect their community.

Obviously you have let the media indoctrinate you into their idiocy....pathetic.

If they weren't vigilantes they would not have stopped him, or shot him, they would have called the police.

If you prefer vigilante justice - say so. Don't pretend it isn't.

Pathetic.

You're a black man with three white guys, stopping you while jogging, pointing a rifle at you, in a Georgia.

Ya right.
THATS NOT WHAT HAPPENED,,,

educate yourself on the facts or shut up,,,

Truths often emerge at critical moments....anyhow whats good for the goose is good for the gander...ya'll with the help of the fake news ....editing the video etc. have trashed two fine white men who were just acting as good citizens trying to help the police.

Ignoring the fact the black guy attacked the son and tried to wrest his weapon from him.

Also it seems very possible now that the black dude used jogging as a cover to scope out places to burglarize....which would also perhaps explain why he did not want to be questioned....which before seemed like a simple matter...stop and talk to the white guys .....but not so simple if he was a criminal...probably feared they had something on him...which also might have provoked his attack on the son...to get his weapon and then kill both the white guys with the shotgun....yes the facts are coming in and they will alter everyone's pre-conceived notions of this black guy being as innocent as a baby lamb....how striking this case is with the way the media is handling it in pretty much the same manner they handled the zimmmerman case.....they lost then...and it looks like they will lose again.

Even supposing that is true that doesn't in any remote way justify what occurred.

I have serious issues with armed vigilante citizens who perceive themselves to be judge-jury-executioner.
when did they say they were going to try him and execute him???

they called the cops and wanted him to wait and talk to them,,,,

There had been no crime. No Burglary had been reported from that neighborhood for more than two months. So if he was a suspect of anything it was simple trespassing. At most a minor fine. At most presuming the police and find an owner who wants to prosecute.

The absolute most the cops would have done is told Ahmad to leave the property. He was already gone. The McMichaels chased him down. They armed up and jumped in the truck on a manhunt. Massive overreaction to say the least.

Now. Imagine the jogger was white. Imagine the people stopping him armed and all are black. What would happen? They would be arrested for Brandishing, assault with a deadly weapon and disturbing the peace. That is if no shots were fired.

We know there was no crime committed. None. So now we have to look at the incident. Self Defense does not apply if you are the aggressor. And there is no way you would allow two black guys to detain a jogger without screaming they were attacking the jogger and threatening him with violence. So the McMorons were the aggressors. They had no reason to believe a crime had been committed. They had no knowledge of any crime more serious than Trespassing which they were not in any position to enforce legally. I can not tell someone to leave your property. I can call the cops. But that is literally the limit of my authority even if you asked me in writing to keep an eye on the joint.

So the McMorons were the only ones committing crimes. The worst crime that Ahmad committed was Trespassing. The McMorons committed how many Felonies to stop him?

The key to Citizens Arrest and all that is reasonable. A reasonable person would believe this or do that. Now if you are jogging and two guys approach you armed and demanding you stop what would you think? Would it be reasonable to stop and just trust them? How unreasonable would it be to think they meant you harm?

Now you are hopefully seeing what we are saying. There was nothing reasonable about the morons. It was their lawyer who released the video. So not only do they have bad judgement regarding their own actions but also terrible judgment in picking representatives like lawyers. If he represents them in any trial they’ll get 50 years in the electric chair.

Utter garbage ...not even worth a reply. take a hike --or go write a fictional short story you seem to have a good imagination.

Fiction is anything but that. No Burglary in the neighborhood has been confirmed by the press and the police. Now let’s pretend there was one and it was not reported. Who would not report a crime like that? Criminals who had illegal things like drugs or drug money stolen would not report it. Otherwise. No Burglary reports for the neighborhood.

Because you lack good sense.....these guys were not vigilantes in any sense of the word....they were simply good citizens trying to protect their community much like George Zimmerman.

Vigilantes would never call the police but that is exactly what these 2 guys did....one of which himself was a former policeman.

If you had any sense you would be concerned about and what you should have serious issues about is black thugs who run around comitting mayhem.

Now that is a real problem....not good people trying to protect their community.

Obviously you have let the media indoctrinate you into their idiocy....pathetic.

If they weren't vigilantes they would not have stopped him, or shot him, they would have called the police.

If you prefer vigilante justice - say so. Don't pretend it isn't.

Pathetic.
they did call the police and it was arbreys actions that caused the gun to go off,,,

stop lying or shut up,,,

I don't think that he had the opportunity to run away and call the police. Again, what were these thugs doing standing in the middle of the road with guns? Why protect them? At least, finally, two of these thugs are wearing orange jumpsuits now.
what I saw in the video is he had lots of chances to run away,,,if it were me when I was that fit all they would see is my ass from a long distance and getting longer,,,

hehheh for sure....but you fail to take into account he was not in fear of his life....otherwise he would not have jogged up to the truck....he may have thought he was playing a game with the white dudes....we cannot really know what he was thinking...but one thing fore sure he was not in fear of his life.
You mean to say he would have turned around and ran the other way?

Oh wait, he already had done that, twice.
and it worked both times so why didnt he try it again???

He cut out off the roadway when he sought the bimbo with the shotgun standing there. this would be enough to tell me, if I were there, to avoid. You never even try to explain why this bimbo was there in the middle of the road and there was enough in a different vehicle behind and filming. Yeah, the guy was in fear.

Now explain why this guy was in the middle of the road with a shotgun while a guy in between him and the jogger was filming. Why is some guy standing in the middle of a road with a shotgun while a jogger passes?

Last edited:

That’s not actually answering the question, that’s the answer to a different question, specifically “what should you do when being chased by armed men”.

The question is what is so dumb about fearing for your life when being pursued by three men with guns? Regardless of your decision to run to or away from them, you’d still have a rational fear for your life.
first thing you do is run the other way,,,and if that doesnt work do it again,,,

he wasnt dumb for the fear but for the confronting it if he as you said knew they had guns,,,THATS WHAT WAS DUMB!!!

What happened to stand your ground?
so says the dead man,,,

lol he charged a guy and tried to steal his firearm. That's obviously annoying to you racists who think white people should all be killed.

They were chasing him down brandishing weapons. They created the situation and are going to face consequences for it.
how do you know they brandished their guns before the final event???
McMichael emerged from the truck with his shotgun in hand. It’s on the video.
yes at the final event,,,what about the times before that???
Not that I know of but at some time the older McMichael had emerged from the truck and when Arbrey ran the other way hopped into the bed of the pickup. We know he had a revolver so it’s speculative but certainly possible that Aubrey saw the gun at that time.

What isn’t speculative is that Arbrey saw that McMichael was brandishing a gun before Arbery attacked him and that’s enough for him to know he was being pursued by armed men before he did anything to them.
have we figured out yet why arbry didnt call the cops himself???

he was jogging 12 miles from his own home so it makes sense he had a phone on him,,,

I don't know about you but if three men, two of whom are armed attack me - I don't know if I'd have time to get the phone out and make a call....

Maybe I missed it but in all the articles I’ve read on this, none mention where Arbery lived.
About 10 years ago I finally decided that I was done drinking and driving.

I still frequented the bars for a few years however but I refused to use a cab. I took the opportunity to walk home for exercise. My favorite bar was probably 4 or 5 miles from my house so I walked or joged through many neighborhoods that I didn't "belong" in.

I have a criminal record and I was in a place I didn't live.

DID I DESERVE TO GET SHOT?

Did I say Arbery deserved to get shot?
But I felt like you implied he was suspect simply for "not belonging"

I've been MANY places I didn't belong.

Nope. I just found it curious that (to my knowledge) it has never been mentioned.

My take on this is that, even if Arbery was the burgler they suspected him to be, everything these guys did was precisely what they should NOT have done. It was stupid and reckless.

It was stupid to confront the guy themselves and even more stupid to do so armed.

Are they racist? Given that they sincerely thought he looked like the black guy in the surveillance video, maybe not. But one thing is for sure: the whole thing was pointless and need not have happened.

You think it was stupid and you are entitled to your flawed and biased opinion....completely failing to understand that the black dude was the one responsible for his own death......no sane person out for a jog will attack someone with a shotgun....this is the crucial factor you overlook because you want to make this a racial incident and that evil white racists stupidly provoked a black man....like telling him they needed to talk to him was some kind of provocation....absolutely ridiculouos....in essence you are a race baiter

I would hope that any citizen that sees some criminal activity would do as these guys did...one a former cop....follow the suspect attempt to talk to him and notify the police...all of which they did.

Again no one to blame for all this but the black dude himself...such incredible stupidity as he exhibited carries a price and in his case a high price.

Notice I did not say the McMichaels are racist. In fact, I allowed as to the possibility that they are not.

When I say “stupid” I mean their actions were stupid. Even if the guy had been white, their actions were reckless. And now a man is dead because of their recklessness.

By choosing to chase the guy down and to do so while armed, they introduced an element of danger to the situation that was completely unnecessary, given that the alleged crime was simple burglery and the guy was not exhibiting threatening behavior to them or anyone else.

lol he charged a guy and tried to steal his firearm. That's obviously annoying to you racists who think white people should all be killed.

They were chasing him down brandishing weapons. They created the situation and are going to face consequences for it.
Not that I know of but at some time the older McMichael had emerged from the truck and when Arbrey ran the other way hopped into the bed of the pickup. We know he had a revolver so it’s speculative but certainly possible that Aubrey saw the gun at that time.

What isn’t speculative is that Arbrey saw that McMichael was brandishing a gun before Arbery attacked him and that’s enough for him to know he was being pursued by armed men before he did anything to them.

he was jogging 12 miles from his own home so it makes sense he had a phone on him,,,

I don't know about you but if three men, two of whom are armed attack me - I don't know if I'd have time to get the phone out and make a call....
like I said educate yourself or shut up,,,

he had lotrs of chances to call them,,,

I don't know what happened here, and there could easily be reasons why anyone of us might have shot him
There are zero reasons that Ahmaud Arbery should have been chased followed, harassed, ordered to stop, or have two white men bring their guns to block him from jogging on a public road.

There can’t be that many cowards that would arm up and stalk an unarmed man who is doing nothing but out jogging in broad daylight.
Heads are going to roll in that police department where Goober Sr used to work.

maybe that is true maybe not.....anyhow the chase was begun in good faith...as in the former cop thought he recognized a burglar....but there was no stalking involved.....that is a legal term and you do not know the correct definition of it.

He was essentially followed and asked to talk with these 2 guys....which he refused to do.

Again this reminds me of the Trayvon affair....all he was doing was walking home from the store ...oh yeh sure. Whatever he was really doing will never be known as in whether or not he was casing homes for burglaries...but one thing for sure at some point he decided to assault a white dude....having sized up Z as a fat weakling who would be an easy target....unfortunately for him he got a big surprise.

Anyhow the black dude in this case also made a big mistake that cost him his life...he thought he could take the white dudes weapon away from him....probably not even believing the guy would try to shoot him....a lot of these young blacks think they are invincible....probably comes from watching too many hollywood movies.

This whole thing reminds me of "blame the victim". The only mistake was by the people who ambushed and murdered him.

Not even to mention he was never attacked....how can anyone watch the video and even claim that...must have not watched the video.

I don't know what happened here, and there could easily be reasons why anyone of us might have shot him
There are zero reasons that Ahmaud Arbery should have been chased followed, harassed, ordered to stop, or have two white men bring their guns to block him from jogging on a public road.

There can’t be that many cowards that would arm up and stalk an unarmed man who is doing nothing but out jogging in broad daylight.

maybe that is true maybe not.....anyhow the chase was begun in good faith...as in the former cop thought he recognized a burglar....but there was no stalking involved.....that is a legal term and you do not know the correct definition of it.

He was essentially followed and asked to talk with these 2 guys....which he refused to do.

Again this reminds me of the Trayvon affair....all he was doing was walking home from the store ...oh yeh sure. Whatever he was really doing will never be known as in whether or not he was casing homes for burglaries...but one thing for sure at some point he decided to assault a white dude....having sized up Z as a fat weakling who would be an easy target....unfortunately for him he got a big surprise.

Anyhow the black dude in this case also made a big mistake that cost him his life...he thought he could take the white dudes weapon away from him....probably not even believing the guy would try to shoot him....a lot of these young blacks think they are invincible....probably comes from watching too many hollywood movies.

This whole thing reminds me of "blame the victim". The only mistake was by the people who ambushed and murdered him.
seriously,,,
educate yourself and buy a dictionary,,,

zero reason that you are aware of from behind your computer,,,

IMO the best they will get is disorderly conduct and negligent homicide,,if they try for more these guys will walk,,,

Well they have been charged with murder....but by the time of the trial those charges may be reduced....what we see now is political theater....the local officials trying to keep the natives down on the reservation so to speak aka keep them from rioting, looting and burning.

It will be a tragic miscarriage of justice if they are convicted of anything....but it is a sign of the times we live in that there is often miscarriages of justice when it comes to whites using lethal force to defend themselves against black thugs and criminals.
What is "political theater" here? Two gunmen try to stop a guy jogging, with a third guy in a second vehicle filming the whole thing, with the jogger sandwiched between the gunmen's truck and a guy who just decided to start filming for no reason. Your "whites" were NOT "defending themselves." They were the instigators of this fatal encounter. I'm not black. I am of European background. I think that you are full of shit.

And that's just weird. Who is this person in a second vehicle?

zero reason that you are aware of from behind your computer,,,

IMO the best they will get is disorderly conduct and negligent homicide,,if they try for more these guys will walk,,,

Well they have been charged with murder....but by the time of the trial those charges may be reduced....what we see now is political theater....the local officials trying to keep the natives down on the reservation so to speak aka keep them from rioting, looting and burning.

It will be a tragic miscarriage of justice if they are convicted of anything....but it is a sign of the times we live in that there is often miscarriages of justice when it comes to whites using lethal force to defend themselves against black thugs and criminals.
What is "political theater" here? Two gunmen try to stop a guy jogging, with a third guy in a second vehicle filming the whole thing, with the jogger sandwiched between the gunmen's truck and a guy who just decided to start filming for no reason. Your "whites" were NOT "defending themselves." They were the instigators of this fatal encounter. I'm not black. I am of European background. I think that you are full of shit.

And that's just weird. Who is this person in a second vehicle?
if you educated yourself before talking about a subject you would know the answer to that,,,

Not even to mention he was never attacked....how can anyone watch the video and even claim that...must have not watched the video.

Ok. Let's be clear on this. If some strange men, not legitimate officers of the law, ambush you, and brandish a gun - you are "not being attacked"?

Think carefully about this since it's the basis of several "stand your ground" laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back