New development in the shooting case of the black georgia jogger

Status
Not open for further replies.
they called the cops and wanted him to wait and talk to them,,,,

When Arbery refused to stop or comply with illegal and immoral demands by two armed white men, it should have been the end of it. That’s if you believe Arbery has the same rights and freedoms as the two white men who killed him because he refused to comply with their criminal demand to ‘stop and wait’. You apparently suffer from the same concept that White Privilege is a privilege that needs to be maintained.

The killers had all the options to de-escalate the situation if they truly, but ridiculously wanted the police to talk to him about a crime they did not see him commit.

The video shows Arbery jogging. That is cIear in the video. There is no indication that he was trying to flee the two goons who were attacking him until Goober Jr got out of the truck and Approached him. . I doubt he could run faster than the truck. The killers could have simply followed a jogger and reported his location to the police.

But if the cops did their job they would have asked the Goobers if they Witnessed a felony. When they said “no”the cops shouid have said take your guns and go home before someone gets hurt.
there was nothing illegal or immoral about what they did,,,
I wont bother reading the rest of your rant,,,

I don't know what happened here, and there could easily be reasons why anyone of us might have shot him
There are zero reasons that Ahmaud Arbery should have been chased followed, harassed, ordered to stop, or have two white men bring their guns to block him from jogging on a public road.

There can’t be that many cowards that would arm up and stalk an unarmed man who is doing nothing but out jogging in broad daylight.
Heads are going to roll in that police department where Goober Sr used to work.
zero reason that you are aware of from behind your computer,,,

IMO the best they will get is disorderly conduct and negligent homicide,,if they try for more these guys will walk,,,

Well they have been charged with murder....but by the time of the trial those charges may be reduced....what we see now is political theater....the local officials trying to keep the natives down on the reservation so to speak aka keep them from rioting, looting and burning.

It will be a tragic miscarriage of justice if they are convicted of anything....but it is a sign of the times we live in that there is often miscarriages of justice when it comes to whites using lethal force to defend themselves against black thugs and criminals.
What is "political theater" here? Two gunmen try to stop a guy jogging, with a third guy in a second vehicle filming the whole thing, with the jogger sandwiched between the gunmen's truck and a guy who just decided to start filming for no reason. Your "whites" were NOT "defending themselves." They were the instigators of this fatal encounter. I'm not black. I am of European background. I think that you are full of shit.

And that's just weird. Who is this person in a second vehicle?
if you educated yourself before talking about a subject you would know the answer to that,,,

When I last was in this thread - he wasn't identified. But then again, your defending murder.
This new format makes it very difficult to follow the discussion. That being said, I think that there is a racial element to be discussed openly in this case. A patriotic American will wish to get to the bottom of this.

Arbery wasn’t attacking someone defending themselves. He was attacking someone who was behaving in a threatening manner.
Upon WHAT do you base this wild and reckless comment ? There's nothing in the police report or video to substantiate it.

Three men in two trucks shouting at you to stop and brandishing firearms.
I would have called the cops not attack them,,,

why didnt he call the cops???

Irrelevant. The question is whether Arbery had a right to self defense. If he did, the McMichael’s are done.
we havent proven his life was in danger,,,thatas for a court to decide,,,

A person being pursued by three screaming men with firearms would be perceived as a life threatening situation by any reasonable person.
thats why he should have ran away and called the police,,,
He did try to run away, if even if he didn’t, he has no obligation to. Georgia is a “stand your ground” state. Someone claiming self defense has no obligation to retreat. A policy that is lauded by the right.

lol he charged a guy and tried to steal his firearm. That's obviously annoying to you racists who think white people should all be killed.

They were chasing him down brandishing weapons. They created the situation and are going to face consequences for it.
how do you know they brandished their guns before the final event???
McMichael emerged from the truck with his shotgun in hand. It’s on the video.
yes at the final event,,,what about the times before that???
Not that I know of but at some time the older McMichael had emerged from the truck and when Arbrey ran the other way hopped into the bed of the pickup. We know he had a revolver so it’s speculative but certainly possible that Aubrey saw the gun at that time.

What isn’t speculative is that Arbrey saw that McMichael was brandishing a gun before Arbery attacked him and that’s enough for him to know he was being pursued by armed men before he did anything to them.
have we figured out yet why arbry didnt call the cops himself???

he was jogging 12 miles from his own home so it makes sense he had a phone on him,,,

I don't know about you but if three men, two of whom are armed attack me - I don't know if I'd have time to get the phone out and make a call....
like I said educate yourself or shut up,,,

he had lotrs of chances to call them,,,

Not even to mention he was never attacked....how can anyone watch the video and even claim that...must have not watched the video.
You don’t have to wait to be attacked to be able to claim self defense. Only that the threat is imminent.
yes you do,,,
or we would be justified in attacking the government as we speak,,,

I don’t know what you’re talking about with regard to attacking the government, but here’s Georgia’s self defense law:
(a) A person is justified in threatening or using force against another when and to the extent that he or she reasonably believes that such threat or force is necessary to defend himself or herself or a third person against such other's imminent use of unlawful force; however, except as provided in Code Section 16-3-23 , a person is justified in using force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm only if he or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent death or great bodily injury to himself or herself or a third person or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

Imminent threat is all you need.
according to this arbrey didnt have reason to attack since he was outdoors and several feet away with several options other than attacking them,,

on the other hand because of arbreys actions the other guy did have reason,,,

Arbery had tried other options and failed. Several times actually. This demonstrates he was not the aggressor.

He was under no obligation to retreat from an armed man chasing him. He has ample reason to attack in self defense.
everytime before it worked and it would have worked again,,,he chose to go directly into a situation he had no chance to win,,,

his obligation to retreat was to his family to come home alive,,

in closing IMO the son with the gun should be charged with negligent homicide and the father should get nothing,,,to try and go for more will result in nothing,,,
Every time before it failed as he was still being chased by armed men. Running away failed to remove himself from danger.

Don’t bring up “obligations” to his family, has nothing to do with it.

Negligent homicide isn’t a law in Georgia. Pursuit of Arbery may have been a felony, and would constitute murder to which his father would be an accessory. Don’t know for sure. The differences are too technical for me.

Anyway, he’s not getting nominated for father of the year anytime soon.

When Arbery refused to stop or comply with illegal and immoral demands by two armed white men, it should have been the end of it. That’s if you believe Arbery has the same rights and freedoms as the two white men who killed him because he refused to comply with their criminal demand to ‘stop and wait’. You apparently suffer from the same concept that White Privilege is a privilege that needs to be maintained.

The killers had all the options to de-escalate the situation if they truly, but ridiculously wanted the police to talk to him about a crime they did not see him commit.

The video shows Arbery jogging. That is cIear in the video. There is no indication that he was trying to flee the two goons who were attacking him until Goober Jr got out of the truck and Approached him. . I doubt he could run faster than the truck. The killers could have simply followed a jogger and reported his location to the police.

But if the cops did their job they would have asked the Goobers if they Witnessed a felony. When they said “no”the cops shouid have said take your guns and go home before someone gets hurt.
You are not allowed to former armed posses to go after people you think look suspicious.

That’s just not how it works.

Arbery wasn’t attacking someone defending themselves. He was attacking someone who was behaving in a threatening manner.
Upon WHAT do you base this wild and reckless comment ? There's nothing in the police report or video to substantiate it.

Irrelevant. The question is whether Arbery had a right to self defense. If he did, the McMichael’s are done.

A person being pursued by three screaming men with firearms would be perceived as a life threatening situation by any reasonable person.
He did try to run away, if even if he didn’t, he has no obligation to. Georgia is a “stand your ground” state. Someone claiming self defense has no obligation to retreat. A policy that is lauded by the right.

lol he charged a guy and tried to steal his firearm. That's obviously annoying to you racists who think white people should all be killed.

They were chasing him down brandishing weapons. They created the situation and are going to face consequences for it.
Not that I know of but at some time the older McMichael had emerged from the truck and when Arbrey ran the other way hopped into the bed of the pickup. We know he had a revolver so it’s speculative but certainly possible that Aubrey saw the gun at that time.

What isn’t speculative is that Arbrey saw that McMichael was brandishing a gun before Arbery attacked him and that’s enough for him to know he was being pursued by armed men before he did anything to them.

he was jogging 12 miles from his own home so it makes sense he had a phone on him,,,

I don't know about you but if three men, two of whom are armed attack me - I don't know if I'd have time to get the phone out and make a call....

Not even to mention he was never attacked....how can anyone watch the video and even claim that...must have not watched the video.
You don’t have to wait to be attacked to be able to claim self defense. Only that the threat is imminent.
yes you do,,,

I don’t know what you’re talking about with regard to attacking the government, but here’s Georgia’s self defense law:
(a) A person is justified in threatening or using force against another when and to the extent that he or she reasonably believes that such threat or force is necessary to defend himself or herself or a third person against such other's imminent use of unlawful force; however, except as provided in Code Section 16-3-23 , a person is justified in using force which is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm only if he or she reasonably believes that such force is necessary to prevent death or great bodily injury to himself or herself or a third person or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

according to this arbrey didnt have reason to attack since he was outdoors and several feet away with several options other than attacking them,,

Arbery had tried other options and failed. Several times actually. This demonstrates he was not the aggressor.

He was under no obligation to retreat from an armed man chasing him. He has ample reason to attack in self defense.
everytime before it worked and it would have worked again,,,he chose to go directly into a situation he had no chance to win,,,

in closing IMO the son with the gun should be charged with negligent homicide and the father should get nothing,,,to try and go for more will result in nothing,,,
Every time before it failed as he was still being chased by armed men. Running away failed to remove himself from danger.

Negligent homicide isn’t a law in Georgia. Pursuit of Arbery may have been a felony, and would constitute murder to which his father would be an accessory. Don’t know for sure. The differences are too technical for me.

We don't have the details of what happened outside the camera view.

..I see a lot of comments on the MSM about the video ..the idiots say something like ''if there wasn't a video, there would be no justice, whites would get away with murder, blah blah blah bullshit''''
= if there is no credible evidence, you can't charge someone/etc!!!!
DUH
...it's still innocent until proven guilty
every time a black gets shot or looked at wrong, the blacks/liberals want someone in jail no matter what--immediately without an investigation/etc

yes you do,,,

We have their statement to the police. That counts for a lot.

This new format makes it very difficult to follow the discussion. That being said, I think that there is a racial element to be discussed openly in this case. A patriotic American will wish to get to the bottom of this.

If both parties to this event were Honkies or blacks, or if the victim was white and the shooter was black, we wouldn't be discussing it here.

Black youths are America's Sacred Cows. A honky is automatically considered guilty, no questions asked. That's where Zimmerman screwed up, if he had more hispanic sounding name, it would have been passed over as national news, two men of color having an altercation. Jorge Zimmerez shooting some kid in Sanford wouldn't have been looked at twice.

So, it is a racial issue.

yes you do,,,

Post a link to those statements?

yes you do,,,

Post a link to those statements?

They had been trying to cut him off, shouting stop at him before getting out of the car with a shotgun.

That’s kind of a statement. More than just a friendly attempt to ask him some questions.

Maybe I missed it but in all the articles I’ve read on this, none mention where Arbery lived.
About 10 years ago I finally decided that I was done drinking and driving.

I still frequented the bars for a few years however but I refused to use a cab. I took the opportunity to walk home for exercise. My favorite bar was probably 4 or 5 miles from my house so I walked or joged through many neighborhoods that I didn't "belong" in.

I have a criminal record and I was in a place I didn't live.

DID I DESERVE TO GET SHOT?

Did I say Arbery deserved to get shot?
But I felt like you implied he was suspect simply for "not belonging"

I've been MANY places I didn't belong.

Nope. I just found it curious that (to my knowledge) it has never been mentioned.

My take on this is that, even if Arbery was the burgler they suspected him to be, everything these guys did was precisely what they should NOT have done. It was stupid and reckless.

It was stupid to confront the guy themselves and even more stupid to do so armed.

Are they racist? Given that they sincerely thought he looked like the black guy in the surveillance video, maybe not. But one thing is for sure: the whole thing was pointless and need not have happened.

You think it was stupid and you are entitled to your flawed and biased opinion....completely failing to understand that the black dude was the one responsible for his own death......no sane person out for a jog will attack someone with a shotgun....this is the crucial factor you overlook because you want to make this a racial incident and that evil white racists stupidly provoked a black man....like telling him they needed to talk to him was some kind of provocation....absolutely ridiculouos....in essence you are a race baiter

I would hope that any citizen that sees some criminal activity would do as these guys did...one a former cop....follow the suspect attempt to talk to him and notify the police...all of which they did.

Again no one to blame for all this but the black dude himself...such incredible stupidity as he exhibited carries a price and in his case a high price.

Notice I did not say the McMichaels are racist. In fact, I allowed as to the possibility that they are not.

When I say “stupid” I mean their actions were stupid. Even if the guy had been white, their actions were reckless. And now a man is dead because of their recklessness.

By choosing to chase the guy down and to do so while armed, they introduced an element of danger to the situation that was completely unnecessary, given that the alleged crime was simple burglery and the guy was not exhibiting threatening behavior to them or anyone else.

Well, considering the times we live in I would agree their course of action would be ill advised in these times of political correctness and a media that will distort the facts and even outright lie to help convict white folk of something they did not do.
They went armed as they had every legal right to do because they planned to confront a black criminal and thought it prudent to do so because they did not know he was armed or not...most black criminals are armed....at the very least with a knife.

Also...you must remember they also called the police.

But the essential element that needs to be understood is none of that would have mattered...none of that would have had any serious repercussions if the black dude had not assaulted the guy with the shotgun....that was the reason he was killed....his own stupid decision to assault a guy with a shot gun...what idiocy...perhaps he had some sort of mental conditon the family does not want to talk about....something about that black dude was not right.

It was my understanding that the McMichaels had already tried once or twice to cut Aubery off. In my opinion, this is why, in the video, it appears that Aubery attacked them without provocation.

If it is true they had already tried to head him off then it makes sense that Aubery had had enough and decided to confront them. Also, it looks to me that, given his angle of approach to the truck and the fact that the younger McMichael exited the truck from the side opposite Aubery, Aubery may not have known McMichael was armed until McMichael came around the front of the truck.

I guess we’ll just have to wait and see what the investigation and trial turns up.

I don't know what happened here, and there could easily be reasons why anyone of us might have shot him
There are zero reasons that Ahmaud Arbery should have been chased followed, harassed, ordered to stop, or have two white men bring their guns to block him from jogging on a public road.

There can’t be that many cowards that would arm up and stalk an unarmed man who is doing nothing but out jogging in broad daylight.

IMO the best they will get is disorderly conduct and negligent homicide,,if they try for more these guys will walk,,,

Well they have been charged with murder....but by the time of the trial those charges may be reduced....what we see now is political theater....the local officials trying to keep the natives down on the reservation so to speak aka keep them from rioting, looting and burning.

It will be a tragic miscarriage of justice if they are convicted of anything....but it is a sign of the times we live in that there is often miscarriages of justice when it comes to whites using lethal force to defend themselves against black thugs and criminals.
What is "political theater" here? Two gunmen try to stop a guy jogging, with a third guy in a second vehicle filming the whole thing, with the jogger sandwiched between the gunmen's truck and a guy who just decided to start filming for no reason. Your "whites" were NOT "defending themselves." They were the instigators of this fatal encounter. I'm not black. I am of European background. I think that you are full of shit.

if you educated yourself before talking about a subject you would know the answer to that,,,

When I last was in this thread - he wasn't identified. But then again, your defending murder.
only a racist would want to make it about race,,,

You are not allowed to former armed posses to go after people you think look suspicious.

That’s just not how it works.
first prove thats what they did and then show me the law that says they cant,,,

yes you do,,,

neither is arbrys father for not teaching his son how to react,,,

I never defended a murderer,,,IMO the best they should get is along the lines of disorderly conduct and negligent homicide,,,

if they intended on murder they had several chances before the final event,,,

If you stalk someone, and pull a gun on them while they are trying to avoid you, and that person is unarmed - it's a is not "negligent homicide".

yes you do,,,

neither is arbrys father for not teaching his son how to react,,,

You don’t get to second guess the actions of someone being chased by armed men.

BULLSHIT,,,running away always works

Well, that doesn't appear to be the case, if we go by McMichael's statements to police in the police report.

He ran the opposite direction.

They followed.

He died.
He died because he attacked someone with a shotgun
He wouldn’t have attacked them if they hadn’t been chasing him with a shotgun.
That makes no sense

people dont chase other people with a shotgun

they either shoot them or they dont

the jogger had to attack the man with the shotgun for them to have been wrestling over the weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back