New House Speaker flying christian nationalist flag outside his office.

Actually, the Constitution says Congress cannot establish a Supreme religion.

No, The Constitution says:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

Unfortunately, the tax laws blatantly disregard the 1st Amendment.

I can see that the 1st Amendment doesn't bar states from having an official religion, but I'd be surprised if the state Constitutions do not bar any state religions.

There was no insurrection and it is blatantly dishonest to keep describing what happened that day as an insurrection. Only the most dishonest will do so.

I am pretty darn sure the Speaker does not support Christian Nationalism, whatever that is by whoever's description today, and it is blatantly dishonest to keep describing him as supporting that. Only the most dishonest will do so.

I support Trump and I am neither an insurrectionist or Christian nationalist--neither is he--and you are free to call me anything you want. I accept your opinion whatever it is and give it whatever credit it deserves.

And I am free to think you an idiot, troll, exercise in futility, hater, Marxist, and/or whatever you are selling in any given day. I never require that anybody agree with me on anything, but I do respect and appreciate those who are capable of critical thinking, who are intellectually honest, and who are able to support their opinions with logic, reason, and/or facts.

If you don't think that the Jan. 6 riot was an insurrection, then you truly are an idiot!

Every court that's looked at that question agreed that it was an insurrection. SCOTUS did not in any way deny it. The SCOTUS decision was a sham.

No, The Constitution says:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

Unfortunately, the tax laws blatantly disregard the 1st Amendment.

I can see that the 1st Amendment doesn't bar states from having an official religion, but I'd be surprised if the state Constitutions do not bar any state religions.
That's what I said. Congress cannot get establish a religion as Supreme. I never said anything about states.

HE CAN FLY any flag he wants or support anyone he wants.
ITS A FACT, he supports both Trump and Christian Nationalism.
OK all am saying is we need leaders more interested in what works for the many, not a select group.
WE set up our system so they would at least attempt to work together,
Too much party over country, not enough work together for the greater good.

One that isn't allowed to say the name Jesus. Retained. Out of respect for quaint customs but properly constrained. The generic god of the masses is served.

Just because the federal government is not allowed to create a national religion doesn’t mean religion can’t be in government.

That's what I said. Congress cannot get establish a religion as Supreme. I never said anything about states.

I thought that you were arguing that States can have official religions.

I'm just pointing out that States have their own Constitutions and would be surprised if they all didn't bar any official religion.

HE CAN FLY any flag he wants or support anyone he wants.
ITS A FACT, he supports both Trump and Christian Nationalism.
OK all am saying is we need leaders more interested in what works for the many, not a select group.
WE set up our system so they would at least attempt to work together,
Too much party over country, not enough work together for the greater good.
People showing their religion doesn’t diminish their role in government or the job they do or their ability to work for the people.

The problem isn't that there are a few theocrats in the House of Reps., the problem is that the GOP let one of them become speaker.

The 'Speaker of the House' supposedly speaks for the whole house ( :laughing0301: ), so obviously a theocrat is not appropriate.

The problem isn't that there are a few theocrats in the House of Reps., the problem is that the GOP let one of them become speaker.

The 'Speaker of the House' supposedly speaks for the whole house ( :laughing0301: ), so obviously a theocrat is not appropriate.
Is "theocrat" another label for Christian?

Regardless of its history, today it's a symbol of White Christian nationalism. It's no different than the Swastika. Throughout history, the swastika was a sympbol of good luck and good fortune. Until it was hijacked by the NAZI's. Today it is a symbol of evil.

Whatever that flag meant in Washington's day, today it is a symbol of racism and fascism. No thank you,
Who says it represents Christian nationalism? Where did it get that definition?

Is "theocrat" another label for Christian?
No, it's a political philosophy that predates the existence of the U.S.

Before the U.S. almost every government was somewhat, if not a complete, theocracy. Kings were ordained by Bishops, and therefore to go against the King was to go against God.

It was very deliberate when the founding Fathers chose to start the U.S. Constitution with the words:

"We the People...do ordain..."

That made it clear that the U.S. would never be a Theocracy.

No, it's a political philosophy that predates the existence of the U.S.

Before the U.S. almost every government was somewhat, if not a complete, theocracy. Kings were ordained by Bishops, and therefore to go against the King was to go against God.

It was very deliberate when the founding Fathers chose to start the U.S. Constitution with the words:

"We the People...do ordain..."

That made it clear that the U.S. would never be a Theocracy.
I agree. I don't see anyone in Congress who I would call a "theocrat". However, I do see some communists. What about them? Are they a danger to our Constitutional Republic?

Not all of them, obviously. But enough of them.

How? By pushing laws based on their religion. Like opposition to stores being open on Sunday, same sex marriage, and delegating so many to second class citizens.

Forum List

Back