New Star Trek series announced

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
New Star Trek Series Premieres January 2017

Unfortunately, it's only for CBS streaming. Guess that means it sucks. :)

"CBS Television Studios announced today it will launch a totally new Star Trek television series in January 2017. The new series will blast off with a special preview broadcast on the CBS Television Network. The premiere episode and all subsequent first-run episodes will then be available exclusively in the United States on CBS All Access, the Network’s digital subscription video on demand and live streaming service.

The next chapter of the Star Trek franchise will also be distributed concurrently for television and multiple platforms around the world by CBS Studios International.

The new program will be the first original series developed specifically for U.S. audiences for CBS All Access, a cross-platform streaming service that brings viewers thousands of episodes from CBS’s current and past seasons on demand, plus the ability to stream their local CBS Television station live for $5.99 per month. CBS All Access already offers every episode of all previous Star Trek television series."

It's weird, was thinking yesterday they need to give the go-ahead to the online Star Trek project I've read a bit on that has the first few episodes scripted out and a lot of lore and such written about.

Star Trek: Phase II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jar_Jar_FU_400x400.jpg

I hope it's not set in the stupid JJ Abrams universe. Those movies sucked.

I hope it's not set in the stupid JJ Abrams universe. Those movies sucked.

That's what a lot of fans are saying.

The main problem with the Star Trek Universe is that they've made time travel too easy. To the point where they had a 'temporal cold war' in the series that drove the franchise into TV purgatory.

Star Trek is always at its best when they are exploring. Not when they're rewriting history.

Forum List

Back