New Website on Senator Joseph McCarthy

Congress had no power to "blacklist" anyone. Hollywood blacklisted it's own when they thought they might lose money in the anti-communist era and they couldn't blame democrats so McCarthy was the fall guy.

At the height of the Cold War, did the American voter/taxpayer not have a right to know if Americans who had previously been members of the Communist Party USA were working in the State Department? Yes or no, then explain all you like.

When Joseph Welch made his "have you no shame" speech, it was in response to McCarthy pointing out that he had a member of the legal arm of the CPUSA on his own staff. Welch had repeatedly asked, "who are these communists?" I guess he didn't like the answer.

Through selective editing, the left presents this as a shining moment in the anti-anti-communist movement, but it was really McCarthy pwning Welch and Welch throwing a tantrum.

Except everyone saw through what McCarthy was doing at that point, that if this clean cut young white man could be accused of being a "Communist", they could be next.

Except everyone saw through what McCarthy was doing at that point, that if this clean cut young white man could be accused of being a "Communist", they could be next.
He was a clean cut young communist white man. Welch never denied it, he just lisped at McCarthy for outing him. Nothing happened to Fischer except he was outed.

So one good way to avoid being labeled a communist is.. not be a communist.

How do you mean? Accusing Trump supporters of being communists?

Sure, go ahead! See how that works out for you.

Naw, being racist traitors.

So, McCarthy ruined people's lives with false accusations of communism?
Show me where it is against the law to be a communist. For that matter, show me where Capitalism is established as the official economic system of the US.

What he was doing was correct.

His accusations were spot on

Show me where it is against the law to be a communist. For that matter, show me where Capitalism is established as the official economic system of the US.

Mccarthy never said it was against the law to be communist.

It is against the law to spy for another nation which is what he was pointing out.

Regardless of the attacks against him, McCarthy's main point was that many actual communists had infiltrated our govt.
He was not wrong.
Look at the damage some of these commie sympathizers did through espionage throughout the years.

Marxists have a right to their opinions but they should never be allowed in the govt

He was a hopeless drunk and hysteric.

Except he had no proof of either... he just slandered a bunch of people, and people were terrified of him until they weren't.
Except that does not matter since he was spot on and correct. The evidence took decades to be made public but there was in fact proof. Which by definition makes it not slander.

His senate colleagues went after him and not the spies he correctly identified

Wrong.

They positively identified more than the Rosenbergs. every person he named as a spy was positively identified as a spy by the Venona intercepts which are still being translated and decoded due to sheer volume.

They were not limited to the Rosenbergs.
They were spies. You're saying that they haven't translated the documents in 80 years?

Forum List

Back