New York time new editorial board members celebrated dumbass f**king white people going extinct

Times hired this fucking gooker to be their tech reporter. Racist bitch. But hey...liberals think racism is OK so long as it is against white people.
New York Times stands by new tech writer Sarah Jeong after racist tweets surface
it makes me feel not so bad for you and this precisely why minorities in this country have a poor view of conservatives.

White minority ethnics who have been picked on tend to behave not so deplorable.

How many Polish people think America should go extinct, or have a poor view of "America" even though both Liberals, and Conservatives in America used to always join together to tell dumb Polak jokes.

Most Polish people aren't anti-American, even if I'm not so keen on America, I don't think it should go extinct.

I think that some of this woman's comments are a bit "over the top." However, I must point out that there are a lot of old, cruel, heterosexual, "Christian," "white" men out there who are plainly playing identity politics, portraying each of these characteristics as somehow superior to others and asserting that they have an entitlement to privileges above those accorded to the rest of us. There is no excuse for this. Shame on them! My relatives who fit this same description have never, ever indulged in this sort of unacceptable behavior.

Your attitudes would fit right in with the New York Times....

even if I'm not so keen on America, I don't think it should go extinct.

Then why do you choose to live here? Don't you have the ability to act on your feelings?

My attitudes are in fact more akin with the Founding Father's than most Americans.

The Founding Fathers supported a White nation, and more Corporate regulations.

One party is anti-White, the other pro-Corporate freedom which turns out being anti-White, anyways.

And for a time, free black people could even "own" the services of white indentured servants in Virginia as well.
Free blacks owned slaves in Boston by 1724 and in Connecticut by 1783; by 1790, 48 black people in Maryland owned 143 slaves.
One particularly notorious black Maryland farmer named Nat Butler "regularly purchased and sold Negroes for the Southern trade," Halliburton wrote.
https://www.theroot.com/did-black-people-own-slaves-1790895436

WHERE BE MY REPARATIONS??? From black slave owners!

You need to understand what you are up against. You are in with very well educated blacks who have read this and more and we know that your post amounts to bullshit.

BTW, if those blacks owned indentured white servants this means the white servants contractually agreed to provide services to that black person because that black person paid their passage to the US. After they did their service white indentured servants got a headright which was at least 50 acres of free land. So there are your reparations.

So what do the actual numbers of black slave owners and their slaves tell us? In 1830, the year most carefully studied by Carter G. Woodson, about 13.7 percent (319,599) of the black population was free. Of these, 3,776 free Negroes owned 12,907 slaves, out of a total of 2,009,043 slaves owned in the entire United States, so the numbers of slaves owned by black people over all was quite small by comparison with the number owned by white people. In his essay, " 'The Known World' of Free Black Slaveholders," Thomas J. Pressly, using Woodson's statistics, calculated that 54 (or about 1 percent) of these black slave owners in 1830 owned between 20 and 84 slaves; 172 (about 4 percent) owned between 10 to 19 slaves; and 3,550 (about 94 percent) each owned between 1 and 9 slaves. Crucially, 42 percent owned just one slave.

Pressly also shows that the percentage of free black slave owners as the total number of free black heads of families was quite high in several states, namely 43 percent in South Carolina, 40 percent in Louisiana, 26 percent in Mississippi, 25 percent in Alabama and 20 percent in Georgia. So why did these free black people own these slaves?

It is reasonable to assume that the 42 percent of the free black slave owners who owned just one slave probably owned a family member to protect that person, as did many of the other black slave owners who owned only slightly larger numbers of slaves. As Woodson put it in 1924's Free Negro Owners of Slaves in the United States in 1830, "The census records show that the majority of the Negro owners of slaves were such from the point of view of philanthropy. In many instances the husband purchased the wife or vice versa … Slaves of Negroes were in some cases the children of a free father who had purchased his wife. If he did not thereafter emancipate the mother, as so many such husbands failed to do, his own children were born his slaves and were thus reported to the numerators."

Moreover, Woodson explains, "Benevolent Negroes often purchased slaves to make their lot easier by granting them their freedom for a nominal sum, or by permitting them to work it out on liberal terms." In other words, these black slave-owners, the clear majority, cleverly used the system of slavery to protect their loved ones.

So your story is blacks owned other blacks. But the record shows that the majority of blacks played the system and purchased family members or friends to eventually free them. Your story is disingenuous.

th

My link was regarding the origination of the purchased slaves sold by their "leader"!

Advocates of reparations for the descendants of those slaves generally ignore this untidy problem of the significant role that Africans played in the trade, choosing to believe the romanticized version that our ancestors were all kidnapped unawares by evil white men, like Kunta Kinte was in “Roots.”
The truth, however, is much more complex: slavery was a business, highly organized and lucrative for European buyers and African sellers alike.

The African role in the slave trade was fully understood and openly acknowledged by many African-Americans even before the Civil War.
For Frederick Douglass, it was an argument against repatriation schemes for the freed slaves.
“The savage chiefs of the western coasts of Africa, who for ages have been accustomed to selling their captives into bondage and pocketing the ready cash for them, will not more readily accept our moral and economical ideas than the slave traders of Maryland and Virginia,” he warned. “We are, therefore, less inclined to go to Africa to work against the slave trade than to stay here to work against it.”

To be sure, the African role in the slave trade was greatly reduced after 1807, when abolitionists, first in Britain and then, a year later, in the United States, succeeded in banning the importation of slaves.

Opinion | How to End the Slavery Blame-Game

And for a time, free black people could even "own" the services of white indentured servants in Virginia as well.
Free blacks owned slaves in Boston by 1724 and in Connecticut by 1783; by 1790, 48 black people in Maryland owned 143 slaves.
One particularly notorious black Maryland farmer named Nat Butler "regularly purchased and sold Negroes for the Southern trade," Halliburton wrote.

WHERE BE MY REPARATIONS??? From black slave owners!

You need to understand what you are up against. You are in with very well educated blacks who have read this and more and we know that your post amounts to bullshit.

BTW, if those blacks owned indentured white servants this means the white servants contractually agreed to provide services to that black person because that black person paid their passage to the US. After they did their service white indentured servants got a headright which was at least 50 acres of free land. So there are your reparations.

So what do the actual numbers of black slave owners and their slaves tell us? In 1830, the year most carefully studied by Carter G. Woodson, about 13.7 percent (319,599) of the black population was free. Of these, 3,776 free Negroes owned 12,907 slaves, out of a total of 2,009,043 slaves owned in the entire United States, so the numbers of slaves owned by black people over all was quite small by comparison with the number owned by white people. In his essay, " 'The Known World' of Free Black Slaveholders," Thomas J. Pressly, using Woodson's statistics, calculated that 54 (or about 1 percent) of these black slave owners in 1830 owned between 20 and 84 slaves; 172 (about 4 percent) owned between 10 to 19 slaves; and 3,550 (about 94 percent) each owned between 1 and 9 slaves. Crucially, 42 percent owned just one slave.

Pressly also shows that the percentage of free black slave owners as the total number of free black heads of families was quite high in several states, namely 43 percent in South Carolina, 40 percent in Louisiana, 26 percent in Mississippi, 25 percent in Alabama and 20 percent in Georgia. So why did these free black people own these slaves?

It is reasonable to assume that the 42 percent of the free black slave owners who owned just one slave probably owned a family member to protect that person, as did many of the other black slave owners who owned only slightly larger numbers of slaves. As Woodson put it in 1924's Free Negro Owners of Slaves in the United States in 1830, "The census records show that the majority of the Negro owners of slaves were such from the point of view of philanthropy. In many instances the husband purchased the wife or vice versa … Slaves of Negroes were in some cases the children of a free father who had purchased his wife. If he did not thereafter emancipate the mother, as so many such husbands failed to do, his own children were born his slaves and were thus reported to the numerators."

Moreover, Woodson explains, "Benevolent Negroes often purchased slaves to make their lot easier by granting them their freedom for a nominal sum, or by permitting them to work it out on liberal terms." In other words, these black slave-owners, the clear majority, cleverly used the system of slavery to protect their loved ones.

So your story is blacks owned other blacks. But the record shows that the majority of blacks played the system and purchased family members or friends to eventually free them. Your story is disingenuous.

th

My link was regarding the origination of the purchased slaves sold by their "leader"!

Advocates of reparations for the descendants of those slaves generally ignore this untidy problem of the significant role that Africans played in the trade, choosing to believe the romanticized version that our ancestors were all kidnapped unawares by evil white men, like Kunta Kinte was in “Roots.”
The truth, however, is much more complex: slavery was a business, highly organized and lucrative for European buyers and African sellers alike.

The African role in the slave trade was fully understood and openly acknowledged by many African-Americans even before the Civil War.
For Frederick Douglass, it was an argument against repatriation schemes for the freed slaves.
“The savage chiefs of the western coasts of Africa, who for ages have been accustomed to selling their captives into bondage and pocketing the ready cash for them, will not more readily accept our moral and economical ideas than the slave traders of Maryland and Virginia,” he warned. “We are, therefore, less inclined to go to Africa to work against the slave trade than to stay here to work against it.”

To be sure, the African role in the slave trade was greatly reduced after 1807, when abolitionists, first in Britain and then, a year later, in the United States, succeeded in banning the importation of slaves.

Opinion | How to End the Slavery Blame-Game

I know the role Africans had and that of whites, which you do not describe fully, but the issue of reparations goes far beyond slavery. And still the fact is, WHITES DID NOT HAVE TO BUY THE FUCKING SLAVES!

Now let me erase your excuses here by saying this: Native Americans get reparations now and were provided them in terms of monies put in trust funds among other things. Native Americans helped whites locate and capture enemy tribes for relocation. So all your argument amounts to is one big excuse and based on the precedents set by your continuing payments to Native Americans, it has no merit.

Amazing to see how powerful White Guilt and self loathing can be. No doubt she has many admirers.

It's much easier to tear people down, than to raise other people up. That takes effort and honesty.

Things you lack.

I’m thinking there is no way they weren’t aware of these tweets when they hired her, unless they’re the only company in the world who doesn’t check up on their applicants’ social media profiles.

The only people who shouldn’t be disgusted by this are racists.

Idiot.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

You'll live.
I know. You are still an idiot.

It's always funny how racists don't like to be treated like they treat others. You may go now.

I will do whatever I want. I don't need your approval.

You've been dismissed, go play with the other children.

Sorry dipshit, I do what I want.

You see honesty and effort means you seek the entire story. In this case the Asian lady had been harassed and had endured all kinds of racist comments made about her on social media. So she fought back. And of course white fragility has people like you guys crying about her racism.

NY Times defends hiring of editorial writer after emergence of past racial tweets

The New York Times stood by its decision to hire technology writer Sarah Jeong as an editorial board member despite the emergence of racially insensitive tweets she had posted years ago.

Jeong was hired by the Times on Wednesday, but the newspaper soon received strong backlash from social media and some conservative outlets after tweets emerged in which Jeong made racially insensitive comments.

“Oh man it’s kind of sick how much joy I get out of being cruel to old white men,” Jeong, 30, said in a tweet from 2014 that has since been deleted.

“Dumbass f---ing white people marking up the internet with their opinions like dogs pissing on fire hydrants,” Jeong said in another 2014 tweet.
A third tweet posted by Jeong in 2014 said: “Are white people genetically predisposed to burn faster in the sun, thus logically being only fit to live underground like groveling goblins.”

The Times said in a statement on Thursday that it stood by its decision to hire Jeong and had reviewed the writer's social media accounts prior to her hiring, while calling the content of the tweets "unacceptable."

"We hired Sarah Jeong because of the exceptional work she has done covering the internet and technology at a range of respected publications," The Times said.

The Times added that Jeong, as a "young Asian woman," had been the "subject of frequent online harassment" and that "for a period of time she responded to that harassment by imitating the rhetoric of her harassers."

NY Times defends hiring of editorial writer after emergence of past racial tweets

USMB is an example of how this happens every day. And it doesn't happen on both sides.

You'll live.
I know. You are still an idiot.

It's always funny how racists don't like to be treated like they treat others. You may go now.

I will do whatever I want. I don't need your approval.

You've been dismissed, go play with the other children.

Sorry dipshit, I do what I want.

Actually you do what I want you to do, I jerk your chain and you come a running. Every time ;)

Amazing to see how powerful White Guilt and self loathing can be. No doubt she has many admirers.
It's much easier to tear people down, than to raise other people up. That takes effort and honesty.
Things you lack.
Oooh, I struck a nerve again. Too bad.

You don't strike anything. You are just another dishonest piece of crap.
You're welcome to point out any dishonesty on my part.

Or just keep whining, whichever.

You see honesty and effort means you seek the entire story. In this case the Asian lady had been harassed and had endured all kinds of racist comments made about her on social media. So she fought back. And of course white fragility has people like you guys crying about her racism.

The New York Times stood by its decision to hire technology writer Sarah Jeong as an editorial board member despite the emergence of racially insensitive tweets she had posted years ago.

Jeong was hired by the Times on Wednesday, but the newspaper soon received strong backlash from social media and some conservative outlets after tweets emerged in which Jeong made racially insensitive comments.

“Oh man it’s kind of sick how much joy I get out of being cruel to old white men,” Jeong, 30, said in a tweet from 2014 that has since been deleted.

“Dumbass f---ing white people marking up the internet with their opinions like dogs pissing on fire hydrants,” Jeong said in another 2014 tweet.
A third tweet posted by Jeong in 2014 said: “Are white people genetically predisposed to burn faster in the sun, thus logically being only fit to live underground like groveling goblins.”

The Times said in a statement on Thursday that it stood by its decision to hire Jeong and had reviewed the writer's social media accounts prior to her hiring, while calling the content of the tweets "unacceptable."

"We hired Sarah Jeong because of the exceptional work she has done covering the internet and technology at a range of respected publications," The Times said.

The Times added that Jeong, as a "young Asian woman," had been the "subject of frequent online harassment" and that "for a period of time she responded to that harassment by imitating the rhetoric of her harassers."

USMB is an example of how this happens every day. And it doesn't happen on both sides.

NYT states:"We hired Sarah Jeong because of the exceptional work she has done covering the internet and technology at a range of respected publications,"

Her criteria was covering internet and technology... both areas depending on the very basic understanding of zeros and 1. On and off. Black and white.
So based on her background her tweets certainly don't appear to be intellectually honest. Too bad.

Things you lack.

It's pretty simple really.

Your inability to understand or even mention how she had endured racist harassment on social media is dishonest. But you sure could run your mouth off with the white right wing racist lies. There is no such thing as white guilt. And if the whites at The Times could see the tweets you and the other racists are crying about, they were also able to see the nasty racist tweets she endured. You seem to have been unable to put together the effort and honesty to see these things.

NYT states:"We hired Sarah Jeong because of the exceptional work she has done covering the internet and technology at a range of respected publications,"

Her criteria was covering internet and technology... both areas depending on the very basic understanding of zeros and 1. On and off. Black and white.
So based on her background her tweets certainly don't appear to be intellectually honest. Too bad.

Yeah we know, excuse master.

Things you lack.

It's pretty simple really.

Your inability to understand or even mention how she had endured racist harassment on social media is dishonest. But you sure could run your mouth off with the white right wing racist lies. There is no such thing as white guilt. And if the whites at The Times could see the tweets you and the other racists are crying about, they were also able to see the nasty racist tweets she endured. You seem to have been unable to put together the effort and honesty to see these things.
Ah, so you disagree with me, and so that makes me "dishonest".

Well, I'm sure that's perfectly logical to someone like you.

The New York Times has doubled down and releasing a statement saying it knew about Jeong's racist comments but was okay with them because Jeong was just using "satire" to bait people who were making racist comments against her.

I'm not buying that it was just "satire", or that she was just trying to "bait" other racist.
Sooo, that makes the NYT liars and it makes Jeong a racist and a liar.

Forum List

Back