Newsom's reparations panel demands ability to deny real estate purchases by race.

The proposal is full of absolute nonsense with the overall idea that African Americans should be given preferential treatment for housing at the expense of others.
The idea that it's harmful to segregate black people from wealth and opportunity and that we should take steps to prevent and alleviate instances where that happens is not nonsense.
There is absolutely nothing that prevents an African American from buying a home in my neighborhood, provided they have the money.
From my read this looked more like addressing attempts from secluded and segregated wealthy white neighborhoods from blocking any new developments that might usher in some racial diversity.
This proposals wants government subsidies to be provided, better loan rates, etc. to African Americans. Sorry, but that is not how it should go. I love how diversity is so important, but only in certain areas, not in sports, for example.
White people got those favorable loans and rates during New Deal policies that helped to subsidize white home ownership that helped create the white middle class.

Not the compensation for the economic injustice, racist.
Yes, via preferential treatment in giving college spots to blacks due to their race. That was much preferable to just handing out money. A hand-up in preparing for a career.

If there are still some blacks who, after two generations of favoritism, are still in poverty, that’s their own fault. Poor Jews and Asians did it in ONE generation.

Time’s up. Blacks will have to fail or succeed based on their own choices, ability, and personal traits.

The idea that it's harmful to segregate black people from wealth and opportunity and that we should take steps to prevent and alleviate instances where that happens is not nonsense.

How are they being segretated based on their race? Provide specific examples. For example, is zoning that prevents those with criminal backgrounds from renting racially discriminatory or is it simply a common sense measure to try to keep riff-raff of any race out of neighborhoods?

From my read this looked more like addressing attempts from secluded and segregated wealthy white neighborhoods from blocking any new developments that might usher in some racial diversity.

This is not about race. Let me assure you that Patrick Mahomes, Shaquille O’Neal, Tiger Woods, etc. would be the first to oppose a low-income housing project outside the gate of their opulent neighborhoods. I think you know exactly why that is.

White people got those favorable loans and rates during New Deal policies that helped to subsidize white home ownership that helped create the white middle class.

And your proposal is to reverse those race-based policies to favor another race as opposed to continuing to ensure that we do not discriminate based on any race and let the cards fall where they may. I altogether disagree with that strategy.

Yes, via preferential treatment in giving college spots to blacks due to their race. That was much preferable to just handing out money. A hand-up in preparing for a career.
Forcing colleges to admit black students addresses racist segregation, not economic injustices. Having considerable fewer resources and wealth than white Americans means it's harder for Black Americans to compete and this inequity in the ability to compete was caused by racist white policies. Black Americans shouldn't have continue to struggle to compete just because whites are still too racist to address the injustices of the past.
If there are still some blacks who, after two generations of favoritism, are still in poverty, that’s their own fault. Poor Jews and Asians did it in ONE generation.
This is of course a racist lie that you never have rational arguments to support.
Time’s up. Blacks will have to fail or succeed based on their own choices, ability, and personal traits.
Times up in your racism.

How are they being segretated based on their race? Provide specific examples. For example, is zoning that prevents those with criminal backgrounds from renting racially discriminatory or is it simply a common sense measure to try to keep riff-raff of any race out of neighborhoods?
This isn't about any segregation that is happening now but happened previously.
This is not about race. Let me assure you that Patrick Mahomes, Shaquille O’Neal, Tiger Woods, etc. would be the first to oppose a low-income housing project outside the gate of their opulent neighborhoods. I think you know exactly why that is.
You don't speak for those people.
And your proposal is to reverse those race-based policies to favor another race as opposed to continuing to ensure that we do not discriminate based on any race and let the cards fall where they may. I altogether disagree with that strategy.
Finally allowing black Americans to benefit from policies that white Americans were previously allowed to benefit from us not discrimination based on skin color but in previous injustice that happened to animated by skin color. My dark skin doesn't afford me any compensation because having only been here since the 80s my family weren't victims of that racial discrimination.

Yep, it is all about making excuses.

An apropos analogy…My son complained that his baseball bat, which was properly sized and weighed for him, wasn’t as good as some of his teammate’s. I told him to stop worrying about the bat and concentrate on making good, solid contact with the ball, which he wasn’t consistently doIng. The bat had nothing to do with him making contact and I wasn’t going to allow him to use that as an excuse as to why he wasn’t getting on base. Buying him a $500 bat wouldn’t address the actual problem and would, in fact, only prove to fuel additional excuses in the future. Fixing the underlying problem is purely up to him and it requires effort and practice.

An apropos analogy…My son complained that his baseball bat, which was properly sized and weighed for him, wasn’t as good as some of his teammate’s. I told him to stop worrying about the bat and concentrate on making good, solid contact with the ball, which he wasn’t consistently doIng. The bat had nothing to do with him making contact and I wasn’t going to allow him to use that as an excuse as to why he wasn’t getting on base. Buying him a $500 bat wouldn’t address the actual problem and would, in fact, only prove to fuel additional excuses in the future. Fixing the underlying problem is purely up to him and it requires effort and practice.
I'm also Asian. Lisa doesn't know what the fuck she's talking about. The Asian American community has the largest internal wealth gap of any community in America.

Finally allowing black Americans to benefit from policies that white Americans were previously allowed to benefit from us not discrimination based on skin color but in previous injustice that happened to animated by skin color. My dark skin doesn't afford me any compensation because having only been here since the 80s my family weren't victims of that racial discrimination.

Of course it is discrimination. Just like before, somebody is being harmed by the preferential treatment of another.

Who is being harmed by black Americans getting loans? 😄

Nobody is harmed by black Americans getting loans. They can get them now, provided they are qualified. This proposes to provide subsidies and lessen loan requirments ONLY for black Americans. Somebody pays for the subsidies and just in case you weren’t aware, loan requriments are in place for a reason. Those that don’t meant the minimum requirements are more likely to default. Again, sombody has to pay for that as sell.

Note, this is not just about loans. This is also about potentially prohibiting a white family with good credit from buying a home in favor of a black family with lesser credit with a government subsidy all in the name of diversity. Sorry, that is just as wrong today as it would have been yesterday.

Nobody is harmed by black Americans getting loans. They can get them now, provided they are qualified. This proposes to provide subsidies and lessen loan requirments ONLY for black Americans. Somebody pays for the subsidies and just in case you weren’t aware, loan requriments are in place for a reason. Those that don’t meant the minimum requirements are more likely to default. Again, sombody has to pay for that as sell.

Note, this is not just about loans. This is also about potentially prohibiting a white family with good credit from buying a home in favor of a black family with lesser credit with a government subsidy all in the name of diversity. Sorry, that is just as wrong today as it would have been yesterday.
Plenty of different segments of American society get subsidies, again how are you harmed by this?

Excellent analogy….thx.

I'm also Asian. Lisa doesn't know what the fuck she's talking about. The Asian American community has the largest internal wealth gap of any community in America.
Yes, because they do what’s needed for success, same as Jews: emphasize study and education, don’t have illegitimate children, and work hard.

Unfortunate that you think crediting minority groups for their smart choices and admirable values and behaviors is racist.

The blacks still in poverty, having all these illegitimate babies, and dropping out of school, would do well by emulating successful minority groups.

So if you collude with a large enough group of people then seeking justice is impossible? Is that your logic?

What harm would be caused to you by the recommendation of this panel?
No
You are unable to understand there is no justice in punishing people that had absolutely nothing to do with slavery whatsoever and have no ancestors that had anything to do with it either.
Why don't you go back and figure out which African tribe captured and enslaved/sold the ancestors of every black person in America and seek reparations from their decendants?

Yes, because they do what’s needed for success, same as Jews: emphasize study and education, don’t have illegitimate children, and work hard.

Unfortunate that you think crediting minority groups for their smart choices and admirable values and behaviors is racist.

The blacks still in poverty, having all these illegitimate babies, and dropping out of school, would do well by emulating successful minority groups.
Wrong again Lisa. There are plenty of poor Asians in America. The highest earners are immigrants who come here to work in tech and they typically come from the wealthy classes of their respective countries. That you think black Americans don't work hard or care about their children is why you're an obvious racist.

• Disagree
Reactions: DBA
Yes, you read that correctly.
In the name of reparations, the panel wants the right to deny property purchases according to what race the buyer is.

I have an idea - let's make this guy the President!

The DemoKKKrats want to take us back to 1850. Those were their glory days, and they miss it.

Forum List

Back