Newsom's reparations panel demands ability to deny real estate purchases by race.

Reparations are no different a concept from someone who was stolen from being compensated by the thief except with Reparations the thief is usually a government. What's irrational about that?

What is irrational about that is that the Govt and the people paying them are not the same ones that did the harm.

If you found out that my great grandfather cheated your great grandfather out of 50 bucks it would be irrational for you to try and force me to pay the 50 bucks plus interest

Who is being wronged by giving favorable loans to previous victims of injustice?

Sorry, I misspoke. It looks like they want the ability to take race into consideration on proprerty purchases and potentially deny people of certain races from acquiring property. Not sure how that is any better.

Last edited:
That's what white people did during segregation you historically ignorant Dipshit. 😄

Why do some whites not understand restorative justice is going to entail giving up some of those previous ill gotten gains.

Conservative whites understand blacks are being played by the dems yet again. It’s kinda sad but funny at the same time. I especially enjoying laughing at the ones like you.

What is irrational about that is that the Govt and the people paying them are not the same ones that did the harm.
That's how government works. As I said my family came here in the 80s and paid for reparations to Japanese Americans interned during WW 2. If you don't want to be responsible your governments debts then renounce your citizenship and fuck on off.
If you found out that my great grandfather cheated your great grandfather out of 50 bucks it would be irrational for you to try and force me to pay the 50 bucks plus interest
If your great grandfather stole land from my great grandfather, land that you're now living on, it would not be an injustice against you to take that land and give it back to the people it was stolen from.

If your great grandfather stole land from my great grandfather, land that you're now living on, it would not be an injustice against you to take that land and give it back to the people it was stolen from.

Yes, actually it would

Where did you pull those numbers out other than your ass? And who's suggesting black people who's ancestors weren't victims of segregation and redlining should be compensated? My family is black but we didn't come to this country until the 80s. I wouldn't expect to be compensated for America's history of racial injustice because no one in my family, other than the black American in-laws I have, were victims of it.

You’re a victim of racism now. You’re just too groomed to know it.

Sorry, I misspoke. It looks like they want to ability to take race into consideration on proprerty purchases and potentially deny people of certain races from acquiring property. Not sure how that is any better.
Are you talking about the right of return provision? That would apply to new developments in neighborhoods black people were previously redlined from and even then the recommendation is to give black citizens the first opportunities for home purchases in those developments before they open up to everyone else. At least that's how it read to me.

Conservative whites understand blacks are being played by the dems yet again. It’s kinda sad but funny at the same time. I especially enjoying laughing at the ones like you.
So your argument for why you're not racist is your admission that you enjoy laughing at black people being the victims of racism.... OK. :lmao:

Really poor analogy. Just imagine if this idea was taken to its logical conclusion. Maybe you don’t realize it, but many people, of all races and genders, in every country, have been discriminated against at some point. It happens even today. I am fine with rooting out discrimination on an individual basis, but I am not fine with acting as if it only occurs or occurred for only one group of people. Rewarding those that have never suffered while penalizing those that have never been discriminatory is just plain wrong.

Well geez .. maybe those blacks should own them a few white people then (in a state that never practiced slavery)... all in the name of restorative justice!
That’s what reparations are for - to make whitey turn over part of his earnings to blacks.

That land would be ill gotten gains. Stolen property doesn't get washed because it changes hands.

Then you of course support giving all of the land in the US back to the tribes living on it when we got here?

Really poor analogy. Just imagine if this idea was taken to its logical conclusion. Maybe you don’t realize it, but many people, of all races and genders, in every country, have been discriminated against at some point. It happens even today. I am fine with rooting out discrimination on an individual basis, but I am not fine with acting as if it only occurs or occurred for only one group of people. Rewarding those that have never suffered while penalizing those that have never been discriminatory is just plain wrong.
My father is older than the end of segregation. Who said people alive today and their direct descendants aren't still around? You can't do simple fucking math? 1964 wasn't that long ago.

Are you talking about the right of return provision? That would apply to new developments in neighborhoods black people were previously redlined from and even then the recommendation is to give black citizens the first opportunities for home purchases in those developments before they open up to everyone else. At least that's how it read to me.

The proposal is full of absolute nonsense with the overall idea that African Americans should be given preferential treatment for housing at the expense of others. There is absolutely nothing that prevents an African American from buying a home in my neighborhood, provided they have the money. This proposals wants government subsidies to be provided, better loan rates, etc. to African Americans. Sorry, but that is not how it should go. I love how diversity is so important, but only in certain areas, not in sports, for example.

Forum List

Back