Newt on Trump

Awesome. I like how op tries to blame the media for the coming failure of the donald. Without the media there would be no talk about the donald. Serious people blame the orange chimp for the actions of the orange chimp.

And people claim that Trump is the one who is appealing to emotion and less noble impulses.

Great post.

Thanks for seriously addressing the points raised.

From Slate, no less.

Very good article, very much worth reading.

A Spirited Debate With Newt Gingrich on the Merits of Donald Trump

"
Isaac Chotiner: You were at a meeting on Monday with other Washington figures and Trump. What did you make of him?

Newt Gingrich: Well, Callista and I were both very impressed. In that kind of a setting he talks in a relatively low tone. He is very much somebody who has been good at business. And he listens well. He outlined the campaign as he saw it. I think he did a good job listening. He occasionally asked clarifying questions. He was very open to critical advice. I am not going to get into details, but I will say my overall impression was that in that setting he was totally under control as a guy who has done a ton of business and knows exactly how to operate in that kind of room."

Very much different than the caricature that the Main Stream Media and the Political Class would have you believe.

One clown endorses another clown and you are impressed by this?

From Slate, no less.

"
Isaac Chotiner: You were at a meeting on Monday with other Washington figures and Trump. What did you make of him?

Newt Gingrich: Well, Callista and I were both very impressed. In that kind of a setting he talks in a relatively low tone. He is very much somebody who has been good at business. And he listens well. He outlined the campaign as he saw it. I think he did a good job listening. He occasionally asked clarifying questions. He was very open to critical advice. I am not going to get into details, but I will say my overall impression was that in that setting he was totally under control as a guy who has done a ton of business and knows exactly how to operate in that kind of room."

Very much different than the caricature that the Main Stream Media and the Political Class would have you believe.

One clown endorses another clown and you are impressed by this?

Says someone who is immune to information that does not fit their already arrived at conclusions.

No, it's not shocking. It's you lefties who seem to think that his public persona and style is the whole of him.

This is a peek behind the public image.

Do you have some thing to say on that topic?

Why should we have to look behind his public image.

His public image is of a racist, xenophobic and misogynist douchebag.

His public persona is one of bluster and braggadocio.

Some people, legitimately wondered if that was all there was to him.

This shows that that is not the case.

That would be of interest to anyone interested in the truth.

Which from the responses, seems to be no lefties at all.

Support from Newt Gingrich.....another good reason to reject Trump.

And thanks for really addressing the points raised in the OP and this thread.

HEY MAC, is this guy a "Thoughtful Adult"?
So then an endorsement from Newt Gingrich wasn't the point of the OP. What was the point?

DID YOU READ THE ARTICLE?
Anecdotes from Newt Gingrich. Perhaps you'd like to elaborate on the significance.

I already did. Read the thread, and don't bother saying anything unless you have something to say, lefty.
So in other words: Once again, you don't even know what you want to say.

Trump has traded in the Racist Dogwhistles for a racist bullhorn.

Trump has traded in the Racist Dogwhistles for a racist bullhorn.

Wanting to deport illegals is not racist. That you leftist think it is, shows that you are irrational.

No, it's not shocking. It's you lefties who seem to think that his public persona and style is the whole of him.

This is a peek behind the public image.

Do you have some thing to say on that topic?

Why should we have to look behind his public image.

His public image is of a racist, xenophobic and misogynist douchebag.

Let's hear what another well known political figure has to say.

Wanting to deport illegals is not racist. That you leftist think it is, shows that you are irrational.

um, yeah, it is when you signal one group out based on their race. Oddly, Trump never talks about the Polish illegals who finished Trump Tower for him....

...but they were white.

And as illegals are not being singled out based on their race, it is not racist.

They are being singled out for breaking the law and being here against our democratically expressed Will.

It is not odd that when discussing illegals, you refer to the vast majority of them, not small exceptions.

The left's constant use of the Race Card is vile propaganda.

It is insane to consider wanting to deport illegals to be a sign of racism.

And as illegals are not being singled out based on their race, it is not racist.

They are being singled out for breaking the law and being here against our democratically expressed Will.

It is not odd that when discussing illegals, you refer to the vast majority of them, not small exceptions.

again, I don't see Trump saying, "Let's build a wall to keep the Pollocks out." (Although I do feel that would be the great setup for a Polish Joke. Does anyone even tell Polish Jokes anymore?)

Yeah, I'll take you guys seriously about how you don't want them here when you stop picking them up at the Home Depot to put in some SHeet Rock for you.

again, I don't see Trump saying, "Let's build a wall to keep the Pollocks out." (Although I do feel that would be the great setup for a Polish Joke. Does anyone even tell Polish Jokes anymore?)

Yeah, I'll take you guys seriously about how you don't want them here when you stop picking them up at the Home Depot to put in some SHeet Rock for you.

As illegals are vastly majority HIspanic it makes complete sense to refer to them mostly as Hispanics.

It is only confirmation bias that is leading you to see this as "evidence" of racism.

YOur assumption that I hire illegals to do home repair is incorrect.

Done a little sheet rock before and more than enough painting to last me for a lifetime. Sheetrock and painting are skilled work and if we have to hire Mexicans to do the job properly, so be it.

As illegals are vastly majority HIspanic it makes complete sense to refer to them mostly as Hispanics.

It is only confirmation bias that is leading you to see this as "evidence" of racism.

Uh, maybe that makes sense to a racist, but not much of anyone else. Come on, guys, you talk a good game about how this is about jobs, but it's really about 'those people' dating your daughters.

Which is why Trump will get evenn less of the Hispanic vote than Romney got.

Uh, maybe that makes sense to a racist, but not much of anyone else. Come on, guys, you talk a good game about how this is about jobs, but it's really about 'those people' dating your daughters.

Which is why Trump will get evenn less of the Hispanic vote than Romney got.

No, it makes sense to anyone who understands the concept of groups, ie illegals.

You see racism because you "know" that there is racism.

YOu know there is "racism" there because you have seen "racism" there before.

Circular reasoning. But with very little reasoning.

An absolute majority of illegals are from Mexico, and a vast majority of illegals are from Latin America.

Illegal immigration is a real issue, and you libs are just trying to shut down any real discussion of it with, of course false accusations of racism.

For you.

lunatic-progressives-losing-debate-use-race-card.jpg

Done a little sheet rock before and more than enough painting to last me for a lifetime. Sheetrock and painting are skilled work and if we have to hire Mexicans to do the job properly, so be it.

In doing that, you are enabling their illegal behavior, and saving money at the cost of Americans who are wiling to do the work and could really use that money.

Illegal immigration is a real issue, and you libs are just trying to shut down any real discussion of it with, of course false accusations of racism.

Except it isn't a "real issue". The number of undocumented workers has actually declined, and your side has never won screaming about it. The fact that the Republican is willing to throw the election to Hillary rather than risk a Trump presidency is proof of that. Decent people look at Trumps racism and recoil. Trump is the GOP's George Wallace, and if the GOP has any hope of surviving, it needs to repudiate him.

From Slate, no less.

"

You can’t be serious – Gingrich is completely devoid of credibility, an established and proven rightwing partisan hack and liar.

Forum List

Back