Newt: "White people don't get how difficult it is to be black."

pillars

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2014
UNC
If one of your conservative heroes says it, will you finally get it?

"It took me a long time, and a number of people talking to me through the years, to get a sense of this: If you are a normal, white American, the truth is you don't understand being black in America and you instinctively under-estimate the level of discrimination and the level of additional risk," he said Friday on CNN Political Commentator Van Jones' Facebook Live stream. "It is more dangerous to be black in America," he said. "It is more dangerous in that they are substantially more likely to end up in a situation where the police don't respect you and you could easily get killed. And sometimes for whites it difficult to appreciate how real that is and how it's an everyday danger."

Newt Gingrich: 'Normal, white Americans ... don't understand being black in America' - CNNPolitics.com

I know I don't get it, just as I don't get the ignorance of bigots.

Luckily, I have a couple of really good black friends with whom I can discuss the experiences they and their families have had.

As for bigots, I have no time, I have no desire to understand them.

Retards like the Dallas shooter are helping Trump become President.

White people need to stop pretending that minorities don't face incidents of discrimination.

Likewise, minorities need to stop blaming all of their problem on white people and start accepting some personal responsibility for their troubles.

I agree 100%. But this act of revenge was inevitable, and it may be followed by some copy cats. It just takes one in the crowd to make the first move and do what many others are thinking.

I agree 100%. But this act of revenge was inevitable, and it may be followed by some copy cats. It just takes one in the crowd to make the first move and do what many others are thinking.

Pretty much what I said yesterday. We keep seeing cops commit abuses against people and unjustified killings and walking away from them scot-free. It was just a matter of time somebody was going to do something like this.

The sadder part about it is these cops in Dallas had absolutely nothing to do with what happened in Minnesota, Baton Rouge, or any of these other incidents in the past year. The shooters took their anger out on innocent people.

I don't think he was "one of the crowd," though. He thought this out ahead of time and set up his plan of attack. This wasn't a protester "moved" by the moment. As for copy cats, you're right.

White people need to stop pretending that minorities don't face incidents of discrimination.

Likewise, minorities need to stop blaming all of their problem on white people and start accepting some personal responsibility for their troubles.

Far more blacks endure discrimination than disown personal responsibility. This is not a chicken-egg situation.

Pretty much what I said yesterday. We keep seeing cops commit abuses against people and unjustified killings and walking away from them scot-free. It was just a matter of time somebody was going to do something like this.

The sadder part about it is these cops in Dallas had absolutely nothing to do with what happened in Minnesota, Baton Rouge, or any of these other incidents in the past year. The shooters took their anger out on innocent people.

And these cops who shoot or kill unarmed black people are taking THEIR anger out on innocent people, unless we have somehow done away with the "innocent until proven guilty" clause of our law.

Black people know they are being shortchanged. They are just not informed enough to know who is shortchanging them. This makes them ripe targets for demagogues to exploit. Ruthless leaders who are willing to point the finger at whites and say, "There is your enemy."

Most Americans also know they are being shortchanged. They know they are being robbed, but they are not informed enough to know who is taking from them. This makes them ripe targets for demagogues to exploit. Ruthless assholes who point at Mexicans and negroes, and say, "There is your enemy."

I am fed up with retards who don't wait for all the facts of a case to come in before reacting or making shit up in their heads. I am really, really tired of that shit. We have a topic about the Dallas shooting that is approaching 40 pages, and it is nothing more than a stream of manufactured bullshit speculation.

And then there is the Alton Sterling shooting.

Alton Sterling was shot by the cops at point blank range. He had a gun in his pocket. This is what we know. We have videos of Sterling being shot, and they look damning for the police.

But here is what we don't have. Yet. We don't have the video footage from the security cameras outside the convenience store which were pointing where Sterling was hanging out before the police arrived.

Think for a minute. The cops were called. Why were they called? They were called because someone said Sterling pulled his gun on them.

The convenience store security video will show this, if true. It is this video we should await before jumping to conclusions.

We know something else now, too. The gun Sterling had in his possession was an illegal firearm. He was a convicted felon and not allowed to own a gun.

Just as racists of all stripes take out their spite on innocents. It goes on and on.

I don't think he was "one of the crowd," though. He thought this out ahead of time and set up his plan of attack. This wasn't a protester "moved" by the moment. As for copy cats, you're right.

This was an angry black man who probably told himself that he was going postal on cops the next time a cop shot an unarmed black man. He got a cornucopia over the last few days.

Black people know they are being shortchanged. They are just not informed enough to know who is shortchanging them. This makes them ripe targets for demagogues to exploit. Ruthless leaders who are willing to point the finger at whites and say, "There is your enemy."

Most Americans also know they are being shortchanged. They know they are being robbed, but they are not informed enough to know who is taking from them. This makes them ripe targets for demagogues to exploit. Ruthless assholes who point at Mexicans and negroes, and say, "There is your enemy."

I am fed up with retards who don't wait for all the facts of a case to come in before reacting or making shit up in their heads. I am really, really tired of that shit. We have a topic about the Dallas shooting that is approaching 40 pages, and it is nothing more than a stream of manufactured bullshit speculation.

And then there is the Alton Sterling shooting.

Alton Sterling was shot by the cops at point blank range. He had a gun in his pocket. This is what we know. We have videos of Sterling being shot, and they look damning for the police.

But here is what we don't have. Yet. We don't have the video footage from the security cameras outside the convenience store which were pointing where Sterling was hanging out before the police arrived.

Think for a minute. The cops were called. Why were they called? They were called because someone said Sterling pulled his gun on them.

The convenience store security video will show this, if true. It is this video we should await before jumping to conclusions.

We know something else now, too. The gun Sterling had in his possession was an illegal firearm. He was a convicted felon and not allowed to own a gun.

The store video released last night shows one of the cops pulling Sterling's gun out of his pocket after they shot him 4-5 times in his chest.

Forum List

Back