NFL'er: How To Deal With National Anthem Protests

NFL Hall of Famer Franco Harris says national anthem protests would not have been tolerated in his day.

A recent protest by a group of Cleveland Browns players caused a backlash with local police and EMS workers, who said they would not participate in an upcoming pregame flag ceremony.

Harris said that America certainly has social issues that must be dealt with, but Kaepernick and other players should find a different platform for their protests.

“If someone has a certain stance that they want to take, that’s fine,” Harris said. “When he puts on that suit, when he steps out on that field, now it’s more than just him. It's his teammates, it's the NFL, and it's the fans."

Harris went on to say that the team must come first, and coaches and teammates in his day would have confronted Kaepernick over his protest.

“We had two of the meanest guys in football, who I think would’ve dealt with it that way, and that would’ve been Joe Greene and Jack Lambert," Harris said.

Another NFL legend, Jim Brown, recently said he wants to support Kaepernick, but he cannot stand behind disrespecting the American flag and national anthem.
It's a game. Chill the f out.

If all races are equal then why do black people excel at sports?
What sports ? Most sports are dominated by non blacks.

Cycling, Tennis, Rowing, Skiing, Badminton, Squash. I could be here all night.
Because those are sports for people who are more well off. But the main sports are dominated by non-whites, well, except the greatest sport on earth: HOCKEY! No bumberclydes allowed. :biggrin:

Black people excel at sports that require a lot of brute strength, unlike the sports you mentioned. It's not a coincidence just facts and there's no point in trying to deny it.

The Negro Felons League is exactly that. Why would any self respecting White care about the pavement apes?

Make everyone stand for the Nat'l Anthem...close down the beer sales, the bathrooms, etc. Have the police walk up and down the aisles to make sure the fans are standing.
Please go live in your own junta government, you fucking idiot.

The Negro Felons League is exactly that. Why would any self respecting White care about the pavement apes?
How that "white man's " march in Charlottesville turn out for you, loser...lol.
I see that you used the epithet from "stormfront" when characterizing the NFL.
Why don't you take that stupidity back over to stormfront???...oh wait, people such as myself, helped get that cesspool shut down...lol.

Tell you what, go cry at the foot of a traitorous, pro-slavery, jim crow monument...oh wait, we are getting that shit moved to museums as I type...lol.

I feel your fear and angst...tell you what, just go get a fucking education and job and you can then compete with the minorities that are making you feel inadequate as a man...

Black people excel at sports that require a lot of brute strength, unlike the sports you mentioned. It's not a coincidence just facts and there's no point in trying to deny it.
You ignorant racist...lol.

330px-Major_Taylor%2C_1906-1907.jpg

Marshall Walter "Major" Taylor (November 26, 1878 – June 21, 1932) was an American track cyclist who began his amateur career while he was still a teenager in Indianapolis, Indiana. He became a professional racer in 1896, at the age of 18, and won the sprint event at the 1899 world track championships in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, to become the first African American to achieve the level of world champion and the second black athlete to win a world championship in any sport. Taylor also set numerous world records in the sprint discipline in race distances ranging from the quarter-mile (0.4 km) to the two-mile (3.2 km). Taylor was an American sprint champion in 1899 and 1900, and competed races in the U.S., Europe and Australasia. He retired in 1910, at the age of 32, to his home in Worcester, Massachusetts.

As Taylor gained notoriety as an amateur and a professional, he did not escape racial segregation. The 1890s was the decade that saw the highest number of recorded lynchings in the U.S.[110] In 1894, the LAW changed its bylaws to exclude blacks from membership; however, it did permit them to compete in its races. Although Taylor's cycling was greatly celebrated abroad, particularly in France, his career was still restricted by racism, particularly in the Southern U.S., where some local promoters would not permit Taylor to compete against white cyclists

While some of Taylor's fellow racers refused to compete with him, others resorted to intimidation, verbal insults, and threats to physically harm him.[5] While racing in Savannah, Georgia in the Winter of 1898, he received a written threat saying "Clear out if you value your life"; the previous day Taylor had challenged three riders together to a race after one of them had said they "didn't pace *******."[120] Taylor recalled that ice water had been thrown at him during races and nails were scattered in front of his wheels. Taylor further stated in his autobiography that he had been elbowed and "pocketed" (boxed in) by other riders to prevent him from sprinting to the front of the pack, a tactic at which he was so successful.[121][122][118][119]

Why don't you take that stupidity back over to stormfront???...oh wait, people such as myself, helped get that cesspool shut down...lol.

Tell you what, go cry at the foot of a traitorous, pro-slavery, jim crow monument...oh wait, we are getting that shit moved to museums as I type...lol.

I feel your fear and angst...tell you what, just go get a fucking education and job and you can then compete with the minorities that are making you feel inadequate as a man...

Are you jewish or gay?

Make everyone stand for the Nat'l Anthem...close down the beer sales, the bathrooms, etc. Have the police walk up and down the aisles to make sure the fans are standing.

Or, we could train up our American children to respect the flag and our National anthem by teaching them of the sacrifices that were made to keep them intact. And the obligation they have to maintain what it stands for.

Are you jewish or gay?

Just because someone dislikes white nationalists does not automatically make them gay or Jewish. Some of us white, straight, protestant (raised anyway, guys see those racist hate mongers as a stain on humanity.

Are you jewish or gay?

Just because someone dislikes white nationalists does not automatically make them gay or Jewish. Some of us white, straight, protestant (raised anyway, guys see those racist hate mongers as a stain on humanity.

Agreed. There's always beta males.

Are you jewish or gay?

Agreed. There's always beta males.

I have no doubt. But some alpha males prefer to look at people as individuals. I'm not dismissing an entire race or faith based on stereotypes and hate mongering. The white nationalists want the "Us against Them" mentality. (And the standards for the "Us" are pretty low) I'm not that kind of follower. But you go ahead and have your marches and soiree. Let me know how it works out for you.

We do fine. Non whites are not an ingredient of our society. But yet they hate us ; want our wimminz and want to live in our communities. I'll pass. We simply do not need the non white. Jews need to quit trying to replace us with non whites. This is why the joo has been dismissed from many societies. If joos want to exist they need quit weaponizing other non whites.

We do fine. Non whites are not an ingredient of our society. But yet they hate us ; want our wimminz and want to live in our communities. I'll pass. We simply do not need the non white. Jews need to quit trying to replace us with non whites. This is why the joo has been dismissed from many societies. If joos want to exist they need quit weaponizing other non whites.

The people I want living in my community are contributing to the quality of the community. I am not limitig it by trivial characteristics.

I have known too many intelligent, educated, compassionate, ambitious minorities and too many ignorant, lazy dullard white folks to think skin pigment has any bearing on it.

Marshall Walter "Major" Taylor (November 26, 1878 – June 21, 1932) was an American track cyclist who began his amateur career while he was still a teenager in Indianapolis, Indiana. He became a professional racer in 1896, at the age of 18, and won the sprint event at the 1899 world track championships in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, to become the first African American to achieve the level of world champion and the second black athlete to win a world championship in any sport. Taylor also set numerous world records in the sprint discipline in race distances ranging from the quarter-mile (0.4 km) to the two-mile (3.2 km). Taylor was an American sprint champion in 1899 and 1900, and competed races in the U.S., Europe and Australasia. He retired in 1910, at the age of 32, to his home in Worcester, Massachusetts.

As Taylor gained notoriety as an amateur and a professional, he did not escape racial segregation. The 1890s was the decade that saw the highest number of recorded lynchings in the U.S.[110] In 1894, the LAW changed its bylaws to exclude blacks from membership; however, it did permit them to compete in its races. Although Taylor's cycling was greatly celebrated abroad, particularly in France, his career was still restricted by racism, particularly in the Southern U.S., where some local promoters would not permit Taylor to compete against white cyclists

While some of Taylor's fellow racers refused to compete with him, others resorted to intimidation, verbal insults, and threats to physically harm him.[5] While racing in Savannah, Georgia in the Winter of 1898, he received a written threat saying "Clear out if you value your life"; the previous day Taylor had challenged three riders together to a race after one of them had said they "didn't pace *******."[120] Taylor recalled that ice water had been thrown at him during races and nails were scattered in front of his wheels. Taylor further stated in his autobiography that he had been elbowed and "pocketed" (boxed in) by other riders to prevent him from sprinting to the front of the pack, a tactic at which he was so successful.[121][122][118][119]
Black people do not excel cycling. Getting one black person from the early part of the last century is a stupid as using the Jamacian Bobsleigh team as evidence for black people excelling in Alpine sports.

Black people don't excel at sports as a whole. Black success at sports is narrowed down to about Basketball. American Football, Boxing,Track and Field, Soccer.....they're pretty much the only sports you'll see black people as a group excelling.

Now out the 100's of sports out there that's a very small %

Black people do not excel cycling. Getting one black person from the early part of the last century is a stupid as using the Jamacian Bobsleigh team as evidence for black people excelling in Alpine sports.

Black people don't excel at sports as a whole. Black success at sports is narrowed down to about Basketball. American Football, Boxing,Track and Field, Soccer.....they're pretty much the only sports you'll see black people as a group excelling.

Now out the 100's of sports out there that's a very small %
Well Mr.Stupid Ass, I went back that far to show exactly how long Black people have excelled at various sports and to counter some of the ignorance from the previous poster and yourself...

Forum List

Back