No 1st amendment in Tenn, pubs bully gays

What a stupid law that only hurts kids and takes the "fun" out of dysfunctional families anyway.

I love the way the homosexual lobby seeks to find ways to encourage, then hide the overt sexual behavior of children from parents, while demonizing parents who want to know what their kids are up to at school.

"Overt sexual behavior"? If it's overt then their parents would already know.

This has nothing to do with schools. Schools are not equipped to judge, nor should they care about, a child's sexual orientation. No one, with the exception of the individual themselves, can judge their sexual orientation. You make it sound like gay kids are having orgies on school grounds.

Tone down the hyperbole a little bit.

If it's not *overt* then it wouldn't be noticed by the teacher, now, would it?

Children will often push the envelope at school. The school, as their guardians while they are attending class, then, is obligated to advise parents of the child's behavior at school.

I expect the school to let me know if my boy gets to school and changes into a pink tutu and puts on lipstick. Whether or not I support homosexuality in all it's forms and ages, I need to know what he's doing..and if the schools are really going to go to bat to hide that sort of thing from parents, the schools are going to find they no longer have students.

Simply being gay is not a behavior that needs reporting. Disrespectful, disruptive behavior, doing poorly at school, that should be reported. But being gay does not directly disrespect, disrupt, or affect schoolwork.

You keep using the word "hide". Schools are not hiding anything. It's not their responsibility to judge or report sexual orientation. That's like saying women "hide" their cup size from me:tongue:. It's not that their hiding it, its that it's none of my business. Just like a kids sexual orientation is none of the teachers business.

Last edited:

This has nothing to do with schools. Schools are not equipped to judge, nor should they care about, a child's sexual orientation. No one, with the exception of the individual themselves, can judge their sexual orientation. You make it sound like gay kids are having orgies on school grounds.

Children will often push the envelope at school. The school, as their guardians while they are attending class, then, is obligated to advise parents of the child's behavior at school.

I expect the school to let me know if my boy gets to school and changes into a pink tutu and puts on lipstick. Whether or not I support homosexuality in all it's forms and ages, I need to know what he's doing..and if the schools are really going to go to bat to hide that sort of thing from parents, the schools are going to find they no longer have students.

Simply being gay is not a behavior that needs reporting. Disrespectful, disruptive behavior, doing poorly at school, that should be reported. But being gay does not directly disrespect, disrupt, or affect schoolwork.

You keep using the word "hide". Schools are not hiding anything. It's not their responsibility to judge or report sexual orientation. That's like saying women "hide" their cup size from me:tongue:. It's not that their hiding it, it's that it's none of my business. Just like a kids sexual orientation is none of the teachers business.

Just so. Parents who abuse their teenagers need to be reported to the LEO.

I love the way the homosexual lobby seeks to find ways to encourage, then hide the overt sexual behavior of children from parents, while demonizing parents who want to know what their kids are up to at school.

Nope...doubled down on it instead.

Yeah..take a look at the hyperbole employed by the left...Republicans are *bullying* because they want schools to be accountable to parents.

It's a *witchhunt* if parents ask to be informed that their child is being identified as a homosexual in school......

Children must be *protected* from their parents, cuz if parents know they're gay, they'll kill them!

You really want to talk about hyperbole?

How about hypocrisy?

You keep using the word "hide". Schools are not hiding anything. It's not their responsibility to judge or report sexual orientation. That's like saying women "hide" their cup size from me:tongue:. It's not that their hiding it, its that it's none of my business. Just like a kids sexual orientation is none of the teachers business.

So you maintain that when kids have sex, or when they are being identified as having a particular sexual persuasion in school, it's nobody's business...whether it's illegal, or whatever. Got it.

Sorry. Parents feel different. Children don't have a right to privacy, btw. As children, that's not something they are afforded.

Being gay is not illegal.

Nor is simply being gay breaking any school rules.

Schools have the authority to inform parents when kids have broken rules. Since being gay is notbreaking school rules, the school should not have the authority to report kids for what they suspect.

Fortunately, enough Tennesseans see this bill, its proponant and its supporters for the small minded bigots that they are.

Vanderbilt is rated high in most lists, here is just one, they are 17th: National University Rankings | Top National Universities | US News Best Colleges

Usually above Cal, Boston College, William and Mary, Georgetown, Wake Forest, Tufts, Michigan... But that doesn't fit you agenda.

Of course bigotry plays into your opinion, which seems the norm for you.

This is what he said:

Tennessee has some of the most prestigious universities in the country

Is it true? No, it isn't true. I also found Vanderbuilt as 17th and the University of Tennessee at 101st, but the University of Tennessee has many locations. In the 200s you have you various Tennesse State Universities, which aren't the same. I haven't found any other Tennessee university or college listed as close to being a most prestigious in the country. Tennessee has one prestigious university and it was started by someone who never set foot in the South. The university I attended is much better than the second Tennessee university listed and I never considered it prestigious.

You said plenty of other colleges better than Vanderbilt, which you are wrong. Fisk is rated 5th as a top black university.

You're a fucking liar. Quote it!

I've known from the beginning that Tennessee had one university that could be called prestigious and never said it didn't or anything about Vanderbuilt except I thought Notre Dame was better. Tennessee has one university in the top 100, coming in tied for 17th. It has one university in the top 200, coming in at 101st and 3 universities that I'm aware of in the top 300. It's being generous to say a prestigious university is in the top 50. Tennessee does not have some of the most prestigious universities in the country, like the fool said. It's neighbor North Carolina has better universities than Tennessee.

Schools have the authority to inform parents when kids have broken rules. Since being gay is notbreaking school rules, the school should not have the authority to report kids for what they suspect.

Fortunately, enough Tennesseans see this bill, its proponant and its supporters for the small minded bigots that they are.

I haven't seen any bigotry as pronounced as the bigotry against Tennesseeans, and PARENTS, in this thread.

Vanderbilt is rated high in most lists, here is just one, they are 17th: National University Rankings | Top National Universities | US News Best Colleges

Usually above Cal, Boston College, William and Mary, Georgetown, Wake Forest, Tufts, Michigan... But that doesn't fit you agenda.

This is what he said:

Is it true? No, it isn't true. I also found Vanderbuilt as 17th and the University of Tennessee at 101st, but the University of Tennessee has many locations. In the 200s you have you various Tennesse State Universities, which aren't the same. I haven't found any other Tennessee university or college listed as close to being a most prestigious in the country. Tennessee has one prestigious university and it was started by someone who never set foot in the South. The university I attended is much better than the second Tennessee university listed and I never considered it prestigious.

Vanderbilt and Sewanee are some of the most prestigious universities in the country.
Give it up. You are showing how senile you are. Take another Namenda.
Or 2 or 7.

Show me where Sewanee rates compared to other universities and why you consider that prestigious! Is Sewanee even in the top 300 universities in the country?

Sex of any kind is illegal for children.

But progressives like to pretend children have a *right* to sex.

One more time, if your child is found to be having sex at school, you will be notified, whether its sex with the same gender or opposite.

Having sex in school is already against school rules. This law isnt about catching your child having sex, so stop with the straw man already.

No, it's about preventing your child from engaging in illegal activity, and keeping parents informed. So stop with the hysterics.

I didn't say it was illegal. But to hide behavior that indicates children are being identified as homosexual at school is harmful for the kids. So consider a kid who has been identified as homosexual at school...the kids know it, the teachers know it, but they decide to hide it from the parents. Then say another homo at school begins to bully or actually kills the kid...and the parents never had a clue. Or even if a group of students who aren't homo kill the student...but the parents never knew the student was identified as *gay* at school...

I know who I'd be looking at for culpability.

Not that I expect any progressive to care about that. Safety of children is WAAAY down on the totem pole, I know.

Last edited:

I haven't seen any bigotry as pronounced as the bigotry against Tennesseeans, and PARENTS, in this thread.

Of course you haven't because you support this abortion of a bill.

Thankfully there are enough intelligent people and PARENTS in Tennessee that see this bill as the bigoted trash that it is.

Wikipedia? LOL, and you claim to be "educated".
If you do not know you are as ignorant as they come.

Vanderbilt
Sewanee, The University of the South
Belmont
Fisk historically black university
Maryville
Rhodes
Milligan
And others also
Note that the private schools have some of the lowest professor to student ratios in the country.
You are as naive and biased as they come.

You say:

You can't get it right with a list, so why can't wiki make a fucking list of colleges and universities in Tennessee?

Try Vanderbilt, named after Vanderbilt for giving them a million dollars to help heal the wounds from the Civil War and educate the stupid fucks! He never set foot in the South.

Try Tennessee State University and the University of Tennessee! Along with Vanderbilt these are not bad colleges and universities, but they aren't some of the most prestigious universities in the country. There are plenty of better state universities and plenty of colleges better than Vanderbilt, which is the best Tennessee has.

That's because liberals think they know what's best for everybody......They're basically morons, and that is the #1 reason why they should be mocked and laughed at.

Fact of the matter is, homosexuals are perverts....same as chesters, rapists, sheep fuckers, etc.,...and if a child is engaging in that perverted behavior, damn right the parents should be informed.....It damn sure is the business of the parents to know if their child/children is/are engaging in that perverted shit.

Ohmygodineedajob's not so subtle point, was that faggots, dykes, and other assorted perverts don't exist in Iran because they are summarily executed when it is found that they are perverts.....What he should have clarified is the fact that, yes, perverts do exist in Iran, but don't live long past being exposed.

Hate much?

Yeesh
Hate?.......Noooooo.

It is what it is......I really don't give a fuck what those perv's do behind closed doors, as long as it's between two consenting adults....That's their god damn business.....I just get a kick out of the fact that they actually try and claim it's natural, and that they are not actually perverts, which is exactly what they are......There is nothing natural between two people of the same gender having sexual relations with each other......They damn sure weren't born that way.

But hey, if they want to play husband and husband, wife and wife, or whatever the fuck it is they want to call themselves, fine....they can play that shit behind closed doors, and i'll keep voting in favor of prop 8 here in Cali, to try and protect the sanctity of marriage.

:eusa_whistle:

So...you support voters' fraud.

Forum List

Back