No better time for Mueller to subpoena Trump

So what's going to happen when Trump is impeached?
Personally, i don't think he will be. I think he will be voted out. No matter what evidence of criminal activity is uncovered, the government will give the American people the choice in 2020.
Trump has a higher approval rating than Obama at the same point in his first term.
President Trump had the right to fire Comey for any reason, or no reason at al
And congress has the right to impeach him for it, if they decide it was done with criminal intent. Yes, thank you, we are aware.

He cannot be impeached for exercising his constitutionally guaranteed duties.

Thank you for your insight, I'd greatly appreciate a post with an article, section and clause which gives Trump constitutional guaranteed duties to use the armed forces to enforce civil law, censor a media organization and receive payment from foreign governments to benefit himself. And to refuse to honor a subpoena, be indicted for a crime and abuse the power of his office to protect himself as the Whitaker appointment meets that standard.
You can't indict a President in office. First, you impeach in the House, then the Senate must vote by 66 or more to remove, then as a private citizen can be indicted.

And congress has the right to impeach him for it, if they decide it was done with criminal intent. Yes, thank you, we are aware.

Thank you for your insight, I'd greatly appreciate a post with an article, section and clause which gives Trump constitutional guaranteed duties to use the armed forces to enforce civil law, censor a media organization and receive payment from foreign governments to benefit himself. And to refuse to honor a subpoena, be indicted for a crime and abuse the power of his office to protect himself as the Whitaker appointment meets that standard.

Oh please.

Personally, i don't think he will be. I think he will be voted out. No matter what evidence of criminal activity is uncovered, the government will give the American people the choice in 2020.
Trump has a higher approval rating than Obama at the same point in his first term.

You can't indict a President in office. First, you impeach in the House, then the Senate must vote by 66 or more to remove, then as a private citizen can be indicted.

Please post me where in the Constitution is the President of the United States above the law.

Please post me where in the Constitution is the President of the United States above the law.

Its what they call a precedent, WC.

President Clinton was caught having relations on company time in the workplace with a broad who was not his wife to boot.

He not only got away with it, he was saluted and praised for his activities with Ms. Lewinsky.

On the other hand, a friend of mine was working as a night security guard , and decided it would be a good idea to break up the day and have relations with his gf in the guard shack.

The supervisor of security caught him, and he was fired on the spot.

In America, we have a precedent of holding Rent a Cops to a high standard than we do presidents.

I just gave you the law.

I just gave you the law.

No one is above the law. NO ONE. Impeachment is a political process, an indictment is a criminal action when a crime has been alleged under oath by the authority.

The Defendant is afforded all Rights, and to be advised of them. To appear before a Grand Jury, and if held to answer have a trial with a jury of citizens from his community (DC).

Basically the Constitution says that the President can't prosecute himself, and besides, he is too busy running the country. Read the arguments in this link. The President is not above the Law, but the Law needs to wait until his term as President is over.
Can The Sitting President Of The United States Be Indicted?

Last edited:
Cherry pick snapshot. Obama's approval rating bounced between 42 and 48 in his first term. Trump is at about 42+ and has dipped into the mid thirties. And I am not guaranteeing a loss in 2020 for Trump, anyway.

I just gave you the law.

No one is above the law. NO ONE. Impeachment is a political process, an indictment is a criminal action when a crime has been alleged under oath by the authority.

The Defendant is afforded all Rights, and to be advised of them. To appear before a Grand Jury, and if held to answer have a trial with a jury of citizens from his community (DC).
You're right, but a sitting President isn't going to be indicted. The House can impeach, the Senate can remove with 66 votes, and then the ex President can be indicted. That's the Constitutional process.

When you think about it, this may be an excellent time for Mueller to issue a subpoena to Trump for him to verbally and under oath address the questions posed by the investigative team.......

There are 3 reasons to substantiate why the time is optimum:

First, the midterm elections are virtually over and no one can claim that the DOJ is interfering with voters' opinions....as Comey had done to Clinton days before the 2016 election.

Second, the written answers submitted by Trump to Mueller's questions....... (with the laughable side comment that Trump took out his crayons and wrote the answers on his own).........most likely indicate plenty of reasons for follow-up questions that are the norm for any prosecutor.

Third....and perhaps most important......the stupid attacks that Trump has issued against the judiciary (an EQUAL branch of our governmental system) has prompted Chief Justice Roberts to slam Trump for his moronic thinking that ALL governing entities are nothing more than his stooges, there ONLY to follow his wishes.

Interesting days ahead to see if democracy can survive the scourge of this orange charlatan.
What is taking so fucking long? Jesus. Shit or get off the pot.

I just gave you the law.

You're right, but a sitting President isn't going to be indicted. The House can impeach, the Senate can remove with 66 votes, and then the ex President can be indicted. That's the Constitutional process.

"Agnew’s downfall began in the summer of 1973, when he was investigated in connection with accusations of extortion, bribery, and income-tax violations relating chiefly to his tenure as governor of Maryland. Faced with federal indictments, Agnew fought the charges, arguing that the allegations were false, that a sitting vice president could not be indicted, and that the only way he could be removed from office was by impeachment. After the solicitor general released a brief asserting that sitting vice presidents could be indicted, Agnew launched an attack on the administration and vowed not to resign. With Nixon in danger of impeachment for his role in the Watergate scandal, the administration sought to remove Agnew from the presidential line of succession, and secret plea bargaining took place between Agnew’s lawyers and a federal judge. Agnew resigned the vice presidency on October 10, 1973, and appeared in United States District Court in Baltimore on the same day to plead nolo contendere to a single federal count of failing to report on his income-tax return $29,500 in income that he had received in 1967, while governor of Maryland. Acknowledging that the plea amounted to a felony conviction, Agnew declared that he had resigned in the national interest. He was fined $10,000 and sentenced to three years of unsupervised probation.

Spiro Agnew | Biography, Scandal, & Resignation

If Comey interfered With how he handled the Hillary investigation (in their eyes), is he really FIT to keep his job as FBI director, according to Democrats?

Look, eternal moron.......Go on "thinking" that Trump fired Comey because Comey was so damn mean to Clinton........Nothing pleases me more than Trump ass kissers INSISTING to remain as morons in their "defense" of the orange clown........LOL

It’s so good to see how a Democrat can hate James Comey for ruining Clinton’s presidential election one minute, then back Comey when President Trump has the guts for firing someone BOTH sides say he is not fit for the job!

Even when the facts are undeniable, and given to you in simple, clear, easy to follow explaination... you still provide nothing to dispute any of these facts I’ve provided. You can’t even render a basic yes or no in reference to Comey’s ability to perform his job effectively and correctly. Somehow an individual’s incompetence at his job is justified, only because it was Trump that fired him. Yet a President does hold the right to fire who ever he chooses, doesn’t he? Especially if it was justified based on James Comey’s own performance record through two administrations, which both party’s state his ability to improperly handle investigations that were under his responsibility and control.

So after educating you of these facts, we can now finally move on. At least when you present a rebuttal, prepare to actually back it up with some REAL facts you can prove. Thanks for making this easy. LOL

It’s hard to find criminal intent when both sides admit and believe Comey has handled investigations improperly.

When you think about it, this may be an excellent time for Mueller to issue a subpoena to Trump for him to verbally and under oath address the questions posed by the investigative team.......

There are 3 reasons to substantiate why the time is optimum:

First, the midterm elections are virtually over and no one can claim that the DOJ is interfering with voters' opinions....as Comey had done to Clinton days before the 2016 election.

Second, the written answers submitted by Trump to Mueller's questions....... (with the laughable side comment that Trump took out his crayons and wrote the answers on his own).........most likely indicate plenty of reasons for follow-up questions that are the norm for any prosecutor.

Third....and perhaps most important......the stupid attacks that Trump has issued against the judiciary (an EQUAL branch of our governmental system) has prompted Chief Justice Roberts to slam Trump for his moronic thinking that ALL governing entities are nothing more than his stooges, there ONLY to follow his wishes.

Interesting days ahead to see if democracy can survive the scourge of this orange charlatan.
i believe, he already has subpoenaed him.... yep

they are duking it out in court as we speak...

the district court in DC has had a bunch of SEALED filings by Mueller's team.... with actions and filings in response... sealed so the public can't find out who and what it is about...

I believe... it's now in the appellate court... or a circuit court...

(if this were Roger Stone, none of this would have been sealed.... no need to keep it secret....)

Well, one of the Judges in that court recused himself from the case.... and the judge that recused himself was a judge that Trump appointed... and in this judge's confirmation hearings, when questioned on some Trump issues, he stated in his hearing, if a case came to his court and had anything to do with Trump, he would recuse himself....

well i'll be damned, he just did recuse himself....

Mueller has subpoenaed him.... my instinct and logic based on the facts we do know, tells me this sealed Mueller case working its way up the courts... is about Trump.

I just gave you the law.

"Agnew’s downfall began in the summer of 1973, when he was investigated in connection with accusations of extortion, bribery, and income-tax violations relating chiefly to his tenure as governor of Maryland. Faced with federal indictments, Agnew fought the charges, arguing that the allegations were false, that a sitting vice president could not be indicted, and that the only way he could be removed from office was by impeachment. After the solicitor general released a brief asserting that sitting vice presidents could be indicted, Agnew launched an attack on the administration and vowed not to resign. With Nixon in danger of impeachment for his role in the Watergate scandal, the administration sought to remove Agnew from the presidential line of succession, and secret plea bargaining took place between Agnew’s lawyers and a federal judge. Agnew resigned the vice presidency on October 10, 1973, and appeared in United States District Court in Baltimore on the same day to plead nolo contendere to a single federal count of failing to report on his income-tax return $29,500 in income that he had received in 1967, while governor of Maryland. Acknowledging that the plea amounted to a felony conviction, Agnew declared that he had resigned in the national interest. He was fined $10,000 and sentenced to three years of unsupervised probation.

Spiro Agnew | Biography, Scandal, & Resignation
Correct. He resigned and wasn't indicted while in office. Thanks for proving my point.

well, watergate scandal was going on BEFORE Nixon was re-elected... it did not stop his supporters from voting him in for a second term... it was only a short time afterwards when Dean spilled the beans and Nixon's saturday night massacre that the public finally turned against him.... and he resigned.

well, watergate scandal was going on BEFORE Nixon was re-elected... it did not stop his supporters from voting him in for a second term... it was only a short time afterwards when Dean spilled the beans and Nixon's saturday night massacre that the public finally turned against him.... and he resigned.

Nixon’s case started from an a break-in at a DNC convention, which led to an investigation that involved illegal activities undertaken by members of the Nixon administration to included bugging of political opponents. Trump we find includes using a retired foreign government operative to elicit a FISA warrant that also involves the FBI to spy on a political opponent, paid for by the DNC. You can see the interesting similarities, while the Trump investigation offers no evidence of collusion. A fact admitted by Fiane Feinstein. So any evidence would shave to be so convincing as to sway a Republican Senate. I am willing to bet anything Trump will be around well into his re-election campaign

Russia-Collusion-Dreamsssscrazyleftwingers.jpg

Forum List

Back