No Evidence

By being hotter than the surface. It's not as if that never happens.

Of course your problem talking with JC is that he has chosen to go with SSDD's nonsense but without SSDD's awareness (such as it is) the idea of the atmosphere slowing the radiant heat loss of the surface by sending a portion of it back at the surface is just a bit too complicated for him to grasp.

By being hotter than the surface. It's not as if that never happens.

Of course your problem talking with JC is that he has chosen to go with SSDD's nonsense but without SSDD's awareness (such as it is) the idea of the atmosphere slowing the radiant heat loss of the surface by sending a portion of it back at the surface is just a bit too complicated for him to grasp.
I don't go with anyone. I stand alone.

BTW, got any observation of that last sentence? any fking day.

It's spelled "f - u - c - k". Any fucking day. And, any fucking day what?
you'll post the requested info from the site you post in here most frequently. when will that fking happen?

I'll post it the day I become convinced that you and Shit and PBear and the rest of the denier clowns would actually read it, understand it and be willing to accept it.

Does a heater blowing hot air on your skin warm your skin? Yes or no.
Yep, the electricity makes it warmer. don't know your point, there isn't a heater in the atmosphere blowing heat. feel free to post.

Forced air heaters work by moving air across hot surfaces so that energy is moved from one location to another.

Bonus points for you if you recognised the similarity to the process of convection.

The Sun is the power source.

Next step....do the surface and atmosphere cool at the same rate at night, when there is no external power source?

He thinks ice makes his coffee warmer......
That’s your claim! Ice did nothing but melt in my experiment coffee cooled to room temperature as expected. Still waiting on your experiment that makes it warmer. When you posting that?

That’s your claim!

You're lying. I never said ice would make your coffee warmer.
That's Billy-level stupid.
neither did I. so unclear why you said I did. I guess you lied. You're right you claim the atmosphere makes the surface warmer. analogy is similar. But you keep making shit up, you look so distinguished doing so.

neither did I.

Then why did you try to prove it did? Are you daft?

You're right you claim the atmosphere makes the surface warmer.

How the hell would it do that?

To prove that ice doesn't have magic as simulation to the atmosphere that you all keep insisting heats up the surface. I'm still waiting on your evidence of surface warming due to greenhouse gases. any day right? The only daft is you all with that nonsense.

It won't, been telling you all that for six years now. are you saying now the atmospheric greenhouse doesn't exist? hmmmmm

maybe you can post those silly cartoons on the greenhouse gases doubling the surface energy again. hahahaahahahha

Or cold warming a warm object. still like that one.

I get it, you're embarrassed.

To prove that ice doesn't have magic as simulation to the atmosphere that you all keep insisting heats up the surface.

You wanted to use one thing I never said to disprove another thing I never said? That's weird.

I'm still waiting on your evidence of surface warming due to greenhouse gases.

You still don't understand that an atmosphere with GHGs slows the escape of IR into space?

are you saying now the atmospheric greenhouse doesn't exist?

Of course it exists. That's why we're not as cold as the dark side of the moon after the Sun sets.

Billy's, SSDD's and your confusion really doesn't embarrass me.

That’s your claim! Ice did nothing but melt in my experiment coffee cooled to room temperature as expected. Still waiting on your experiment that makes it warmer. When you posting that?

That’s your claim!

neither did I. so unclear why you said I did. I guess you lied. You're right you claim the atmosphere makes the surface warmer. analogy is similar. But you keep making shit up, you look so distinguished doing so.

neither did I.

To prove that ice doesn't have magic as simulation to the atmosphere that you all keep insisting heats up the surface. I'm still waiting on your evidence of surface warming due to greenhouse gases. any day right? The only daft is you all with that nonsense.

It won't, been telling you all that for six years now. are you saying now the atmospheric greenhouse doesn't exist? hmmmmm

maybe you can post those silly cartoons on the greenhouse gases doubling the surface energy again. hahahaahahahha

To prove that ice doesn't have magic as simulation to the atmosphere that you all keep insisting heats up the surface.

You wanted to use one thing I never said to disprove another thing I never said? That's weird.

You still don't understand that an atmosphere with GHGs slows the escape of IR into space?

Of course it exists. That's why we're not as cold as the dark side of the moon after the Sun sets.

GHGs slows the escape of IR into space?

hahahahahahaahaha. prove it

no, no it doesn't and something you can't prove. convection and conduction and pressure with the help of a little gravity influence. IR nope. sorry, and you've never been able to prove magic IR from the atmosphere. NEVER hmmmmmm

BTW, how much oxygen on the moon? Nitrogen? Pressure? Gravity?

That’s your claim!

neither did I.

no, no it doesn't and something you can't prove. convection and conduction and pressure with the help of a little gravity influence. IR nope. sorry, and you've never been able to prove magic IR from the atmosphere. NEVER hmmmmmm

You don't understand absorption/emission spectra?
I'm not surprised.

no, no it doesn't and something you can't prove.

You need proof that the Earth's surface temperature after sunset is higher than the Moon's surface temperature after sunset?

BTW, how much oxygen on the moon? Nitrogen?

None. No GHGs either.

Ps I am not "retreating from Todd who called my bluff". What bluff? In contrast to the rest of you I have better things to do than responding to a troll like Todd all day long every day. I just bought a lathe and a milling machine to amuse myself instead of responding to an idiot like that whenever he demands "Link" etc. Is he too stupid to look it up himself or what?

Yes, I'm too stupid to find your claimed post where someone here said that.
Why would I look for something you manufactured?
Ah here he goes again, the dimwit who invented the dimmer switch as the only explanation. And I just gave you the mother of all links for the "colder body warming the hotter one".

You just claimed that the warmer object dims itself in response to the temperature of its target. Explain.

neither did I.

I'm not surprised.

You need proof that the Earth's surface temperature after sunset is higher than the Moon's surface temperature after sunset?

None. No GHGs either.

Nope, I just need proof that it is due to CO2. to which you haven't proven. See the pressure systems in our world influence our temps. Convection, conduction, jet streams, many ways. Even at night!!!

You believe the Earth's atmosphere is kept 33C warmer than it ought to be by pressure?

You believe the Earth's atmosphere is kept 33C warmer than it ought to be by pressure?
it contributes you bet. just like convection, conduction and the jet stream. you know the globe gets sun all day right?

neither did I.

I'm not surprised.

None. No GHGs either.

Nope, I just need proof that it is due to CO2. to which you haven't proven. See the pressure systems in our world influence our temps. Convection, conduction, jet streams, many ways. Even at night!!!

Nope, I just need proof that it is due to CO2.

Who said it was due to CO2? Where? Link?

Why do you think the Earth doesn't cool down as fast as the Moon after the Sun sets?

QUOTE=jc456
it contributes you bet.
/quote

By this statement do you mean that pressure and other processes keep the Earth 33C warmer than it ought to be?

QUOTE=jc456
just like convection, conduction and the jet stream.
/quote

This statement makes no sense. Convection is a heat transfer process that takes place where fluid flow is initiated by a temperature-induced density differential. In cases where an external source drives the flow, it is known as "forced convection". Conduction is the transfer of heat within a material. The jet stream is a current of air driven by the temperature differential between two air masses. None of these is a source of energy. None of them warm or cool the Earth. All thermal energy lost or gained by the Earth moves via radiation to and from space.

QUOTE=jc456
you know the globe gets sun all day right?
/QUOTE

Yes, I did know that. The sun's input is taken into account in the calculation that shows the Earth to be 33C warmer than it ought to be ignoring the greenhouse effect.

So, back to pressure. If I take some air and compress it, it warms up. If I take some air and decompress it, it gets colder. You've noted that air moves around, left, right, up and down. When it moves down, it gets compressed and warms. When it moves up, it gets decompressed and cools. All the air on the planet is stuck here. It doesn't leave and no new air is coming in from space. So, while the air is all moving around hither, thither and yon, at the end of the day - every day - the total mass of the air is in the same place: wrapped around the planet, half of it squished down into the first 5,000 meters or so and the rest trailing away, thinner and thinner up 300-500 kilometers. As much air moved up as moved down. If not, the pressure here at the surface would get higher and higher or lower and lower. But it doesn't. The idea that pressure is responsible for global warming is one most sixth graders would know to reject. I strongly suggest you do the same.

Last edited:

I'm not surprised.

None. No GHGs either.

Why do you think the Earth doesn't cool down as fast as the Moon after the Sun sets?
sure conduction and convection.

it contributes you bet.

By this statement do you mean that pressure and other processes keep the Earth 33C warmer than it ought to be?

This statement makes no sense. Convection is a heat transfer process that takes place where fluid flow is initiated by a temperature-induced density differential. In cases where an external source drives the flow, it is known as "forced convection". Conduction is the transfer of heat within a material. The jet stream is a current of air driven by the temperature differential between two air masses. None of these is a source of energy. None of them warm or cool the Earth. All thermal energy lost or gained by the Earth moves via radiation to and from space.

Yes, I did know that. The sun's input is taken into account in the calculation that shows the Earth to be 33C warmer than it ought to be ignoring the greenhouse effect.

So, back to pressure. If I take some air and compress it, it warms up. If I take some air and decompress it, it gets colder. You've noted that air moves around, left, right, up and down. When it moves down, it gets compressed and warms. When it moves up, it gets decompressed and cools. All the air on the planet is stuck here. It doesn't leave and no new air is coming in from space. So, while the air is all moving around hither, thither and yon, at the end of the day - every day - the total mass of the air is in the same place: wrapped around the planet, half of it squished down into the first 5,000 meters or so and the rest trailing away, thinner and thinner up 300-500 kilometers. As much air moved up as moved down. If not, the pressure here at the surface would get higher and higher or lower and lower. But it doesn't. The idea that pressure is responsible for global warming is one most sixth graders would know to reject. I strongly suggest you do the same.
global warming I don't believe in. the globe is warmed by the sun and that heat is moved around the planet due to jet streams, conduction and convection, It's how one day it is minus 28 and the next it is 40 degrees. has nothing to do with anything related to greenhouse gases. And because we have moisture in our atmosphere the clouds that form create a blanket and hold the heat in, especially at night. like an oven, not a greenhouse.

Oh and for the record we have wind due to the sun ,

Ask a science teacher: What creates the wind?

"Generally, we can say that the cause of the wind is the uneven heating of the Earth’s surface by the Sun. The Earth’s surface is made of different land and water areas, and these varying surfaces absorb and reflect the Sun’s rays unevenly. Warm air rising yields a lower pressure on the Earth, because the air is not pressing down on the Earth’s surface, while descending cooler air produces a higher pressure.

But there are many other factors affecting wind direction. For example, the Earth is spinning, so air in the Northern Hemisphere is deflected to the right by what is known as the Coriolis force. This causes the air, or wind, to flow clockwise around a high-pressure system and counter-clockwise around a low-pressure system.

The closer these low- and high-pressure systems are together, the stronger the “pressure gradient,” and the stronger the winds. Vegetation also plays a role in how much sunlight is reflected or absorbed by the surface of the Earth. Furthermore, snow cover reflects a large amount of radiation back into space. As the air cools, it sinks and causes a pressure increase."

Last edited:

I'm not surprised.

None. No GHGs either.

Conduction and convection keep the Earth warmer than the Moon after sun set?
Can you elaborate on your theory?

it contributes you bet.

global warming I don't believe in. the globe is warmed by the sun and that heat is moved around the planet due to jet streams, conduction and convection, It's how one day it is minus 28 and the next it is 40 degrees. has nothing to do with anything related to greenhouse gases. And because we have moisture in our atmosphere the clouds that form create a blanket and hold the heat in, especially at night. like an oven, not a greenhouse.

And because we have moisture in our atmosphere the clouds that form create a blanket and hold the heat in

Hold it in how?

I'm not surprised.

None. No GHGs either.

Conduction and convection keep the Earth warmer than the Moon after sun set?
Can you elaborate on your theory?
well sure, we have pressure systems which take the heat and move it around through the use of wind, I just posted that. clouds contribute as well. Because we have an atmosphere, we are nothing like the moon other than the sun hits our surface. because we spin differently than the moon is another factor, that's gravity. to compare us to the moon is stupid.

Forum List

Back