No matter how offensive the speech can be I agree freedom of speech should never be silenced!

Bruce_T_Laney

Platinum Member
May 27, 2014
" Free speech should provoke. It might offend; it might be unfair; and it could well engender prejudice. But it’s the penalty we must be prepared to pay for the right to freedom of expression. " - From the Article

Free speech, even when grossly offensive, has to be defended

For me I may not agree with a individual but everyone should have the right to express their opinion no matter how outrageous it can be. No one should be told they have no right to speak their mind freely just because the word that someone might be speaking could offend someone.

Just my opinion...

" Free speech should provoke. It might offend; it might be unfair; and it could well engender prejudice. But it’s the penalty we must be prepared to pay for the right to freedom of expression. " - From the Article

For me I may not agree with a individual but everyone should have the right to express their opinion no matter how outrageous it can be. No one should be told they have no right to speak their mind freely just because the word that someone might be speaking could offend someone.

Just my opinion...
The PC Police would claim they agree, and then would turn around and find a way to punish you if you say something they don't like.

The only freedom of expression they support is that with which they agree.

Just my opinion...
The Vatican was not wrong for voicing their opinion.

Just my opinion...

And that is where free speech as you know it falls down. What you are saying is that to you it is acceptable to say things that you know will end up killing or injuring innocents just to satisfy your craving for excitement without any come back. So you would shout out FIRE in a packed theatre or HIJACK on an intercontinental flight. No doubt you also see any criticism of islam as being wrong and that it should be controlled by law so it cant happen. Free speech is not being allowed to LIE to lord it over someone, it is being constrained by rules to stop others being hurt.

Just my opinion...
The Vatican was not wrong for voicing their opinion.

Niether are the many who voice their opinions based on facts about islam and the muslims, yet you want those voices silencing.

Forum List

Back