🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

No Mr. President. No.

luchitociencia

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2019
The idea is to combat the virus.

We don't need 6 trillion dollars to provide masks and medical services to the infected by the Corona virus.

People must go back to work, students to school and the government must spend one or two billions in medical means to avoid more deaths.

The closing of business and other extreme measures weren't never necessary.

It is time for corporations to recover by their own. If they fail, so be it. It won't be your fault but "the virus fault". I can bet they will recover anyways if the bill never passes.

Executive order for return back to normaility is seriously expected ASAP, and there is a hope of seeing Mrs. Pelosi breaking in pieces the papers with the proposed 6 trillion dollars "economic incentive".

1585107419217.png

Yeah, no. POTUS can't do that. Governors shut the streets down, not Rump.
We can thank our lucky stars, however few we have left, for that.

Less than 700 people have died of the China virus in the U.S. as of today. Should that justify all that has been done in your opinion?

Actually it's 782 but that's how fast it's happening isn't it.

Deaths don't justify all that's being done. The potential does that. The potential for a pandemic to become so ubiquitous that there is no escape. You slow that down by denying it chances to spread. That's what's going on now. You don't isolate/separate people because you have X number dead. You do it because you don't want 100X, 1000X or 1000000X. Is it an adjustment? Bigly. Man up.

Deaths don't justify all that's being done. The potential does that. The potential for a pandemic to become so ubiquitous that there is no escape. You slow that down by denying it chances to spread. That's what's going on now. You don't isolate/separate people because you have X number dead. You do it because you don't want 100X, 1000X or 1000000X. Is it an adjustment? Bigly. Man up.

Today I saw more cars in the streets (Washington DC area) than last week, even when this week Maryland and Virginia have ordered the closing of more business around.

Markets have lanes with people as usual, still there is no much chicken available.

People indeed is taking seriously not getting close with others, and there is order and no complaints.

Not everybody is using masks (including me).

Lets review what a pandemic can cause this Corona virus.

TO START: THIS VIRUS IS WEAK.

It spreads fast and in different methods but is a weak virus, because can only cause the death of people with bad health condition and poor immune system.

The great majority of the populations are risk free of having health complications with the Corona virus.

Then, why all this unnecessary hysteria of closing work places, schools, restaurants and more?

Best measure was to detect the sooner people with bad health condition and ISOLATE THEM in order to protect them.

That is all that was needed.

Why this simple measure? Because there weren't kits to detect who was infected with the virus, but by medical records families know who has health conditions problems at home.

I always has been against the government measures but I did act respecting them, because such is a duty, not so because those were wise measures.

There is no need of those 6 trillion dollars incentive package.

To me, that is the solution of sissies.

We have had an emergency and lots of loses have happened. Rather than using the credit card, best is to work harder to recover the economy.

Where is the "American spirit"? Under the apron of mom's credit?

Be a man, work hard to make America great again. Stop going into deeper debt.

Today I saw more cars in the streets (Washington DC area) than last week, even when this week Maryland and Virginia have ordered the closing of more business around.

Markets have lanes with people as usual, still there is no much chicken available.

People indeed is taking seriously not getting close with others, and there is order and no complaints.

It spreads fast and in different methods but is a weak virus, because can only cause the death of people with bad health condition and poor immune system.

The great majority of the populations are risk free of having health complications with the Corona virus.

Then, why all this unnecessary hysteria of closing work places, schools, restaurants and more?

Best measure was to detect the sooner people with bad health condition and ISOLATE THEM in order to protect them.

Why this simple measure? Because there weren't kits to detect who was infected with the virus, but by medical records families know who has health conditions problems at home.

I always has been against the government measures but I did act respecting them, because such is a duty, not so because those were wise measures.

We have had an emergency and lots of loses have happened. Rather than using the credit card, best is to work harder to recover the economy.

"Cars" are irrelevant. That's a bubble you're enclosed in, more so than your house.

The deal with the virus is its infection factor (R0=2.5). Whether it's MORE or LESS lethal to this or that segment of the population not only isn't your call to make but is irrelevant to that infection factor. Putting people in close quarters just expands exponentially its chances to spread. You seem to be saying let a virus just run around naked and infect everybody. That's madness.

We have 60,000,000 Americans that are seniors or younger, with pre existing conditions that weaken them, to fight the virus.

60 million at high risk of dying if they catch it, and that really is not a small number...

Without the ability to test everyone, with ease, more than once, it will make it harder to bring things back to normal economically...

We have 60,000,000 Americans that are seniors or younger, with pre existing conditions that weaken them, to fight the virus.

60 million at high risk of dying if they catch it, and that really is not a small number...

Without the ability to test everyone, with ease, more than once, it will make it harder to bring things back to normal economically...
Massive testing and tracking is what seems to have worked in South Korea. Social distancing, especially with so many stores still open, is not as effectiive. But we are still struggling to get test kits. Maine is having trouble getting reagent to perform the tests. No state has enough kits. Still. Is it really that hard? Are we really that helpless? Trump gave himself the authority, so why hasn't he ordered manufacturers to produce what we need? Are we unable?

At this moment there are possibilities that hundreds of thousands of people are already Corona virus positive but they don't even know. This includes you.

This is telling you that the virus is not as dangerous as the authorities want to present it.

The seniors and the younger with pre existing conditions should have been the ones in isolation until a vaccine or medicine is found to alleviate the symptoms is at hand.

The whole rest of people should have continued working as usual.

And wait for the current "wave" passes away. Authorities are not telling you if this virus will become seasonal, if it will be permanent all year around, if this pandemic is a one time deal only...

What about a second "wave" next month or next year?

You have kits now or next year to know who carries the virus. What then?

Example: Michael tests positive but has mild symptoms. Like him 100 million people test positive. They feel fine, just some minor fever or headache. About the rest of people, no one knows, they refused to have the test,

What will be your best shot about it: Keep working as usual or stop everything around?

What is the guarantee the as soon the symptoms go away the dormant virus inside you won't be active again in a week, three months or next year?

You ask for extreme measures as precaution, however, you have no idea of the long term consequences like if the virus will just "expire" or will be a threat forever from now on.

Best solution for me still is protecting the weak, and the rest continuing working.

Massive testing and tracking is what seems to have worked in South Korea. Social distancing, especially with so many stores still open, is not as effectiive. But we are still struggling to get test kits. Maine is having trouble getting reagent to perform the tests. No state has enough kits. Still. Is it really that hard? Are we really that helpless? Trump gave himself the authority, so why hasn't he ordered manufacturers to produce what we need? Are we unable?

Knowing who carries the virus will be good for statistics only, because eventually, by the way this virus spreads around (which still is unknown how it does it) at the end it appears everybody will carry it like the cold virus. If not the virus itself by contagious means, then will be thru vaccines.

To me, it appears an individual carries the virus and just by breathing can spread it everywhere. Six foot distance won't protect you.

Due to the manipulation of nature changing the traditional hunting of prey and creating cages and pools instead, these new methods to obtain meat from animals of all kind, like chicken, fish, dogs, bats, etc. is what has caused this virus to mutate because the diet given to those animals in cages and pools. The cage and pool environment only produces weak animals, which are genetically modified, like chicken with atrophied legs in those cages.

After the mutation, it was obvious the virus will behave different and was capable to cross its former frontiers and pass into humans.

This is not a sole government fault, this mutation of a virus was supposed to happen at any place at any moment when the host animal was changed so much in response to that cage or pool environment.

We are paying the price for playing bad with nature and now nature is reacting.

Long term solutions are to stop the production of meat thru cages and pools methods, also stop smoking and eating junk food.

But, of course, this long term list of solutions mean to discard recent laws, for example the ones allowing you to smoke POT, so for sure you will disregard the solutions.

Enjoy the Corona virus then.

Knowing who carries the virus will be good for statistics only, because eventually, by the way this virus spreads around (which still is unknown how it does it) at the end it appears everybody will carry it like the cold virus. If not the virus itself by contagious means, then will be thru vaccines.

To me, it appears an individual carries the virus and just by breathing can spread it everywhere. Six foot distance won't protect you.

Due to the manipulation of nature changing the traditional hunting of prey and creating cages and pools instead, these new methods to obtain meat from animals of all kind, like chicken, fish, dogs, bats, etc. is what has caused this virus to mutate because the diet given to those animals in cages and pools. The cage and pool environment only produces weak animals, which are genetically modified, like chicken with atrophied legs in those cages.

After the mutation, it was obvious the virus will behave different and was capable to cross its former frontiers and pass into humans.

This is not a sole government fault, this mutation of a virus was supposed to happen at any place at any moment when the host animal was changed so much in response to that cage or pool environment.

Long term solutions are to stop the production of meat thru cages and pools methods, also stop smoking and eating junk food.
But, of course, this long term list of solutions mean to discard recent laws, for example the ones allowing you to smoke POT, so for sure you will disregard the solutions.

I haven't smoked pot in decades. Where do people come up with these ideas?
Anyway, I don't agree that knowing who carries the virus will only be good for statistics. It is spreading because people are carrying it without knowing it. The way massive testing works is that everyone who can/will goes to a drive through test kiosk and finds out if they are a silent carrier, or if their sniffly nose and sore throat is the Real Thing or just a cold. Then they STAY HOME until it's over. If you look at South Korea's implementation, they stopped it in its tracks that way. The countries depending on social isolation had their cases soar.

1585153384403.png

Last edited:

Anyway, I don't agree that knowing who carries the virus will only be good for statistics. It is spreading because people are carrying it without knowing it. The way massive testing works is that everyone who can/will goes to a drive through test kiosk and finds out if they are a silent carrier, or if their sniffly nose and sore throat is the Real Thing or just a cold. Then they STAY HOME until it's over. If you look at South Korea's implementation, they stopped it in its tracks that way. The countries depending on social isolation had their cases soar.

View attachment 315128

Yep, test everyone in the hotspots like NYC. That's the only way to get a handle on this.

Iceland is testing everyone. Not suggesting we do that - Only those with symptoms. But we're gonna learn a TON from their scientists.

At this moment there are possibilities that hundreds of thousands of people are already Corona virus positive but they don't even know. This includes you.

This is telling you that the virus is not as dangerous as the authorities want to present it.

The seniors and the younger with pre existing conditions should have been the ones in isolation until a vaccine or medicine is found to alleviate the symptoms is at hand.

The whole rest of people should have continued working as usual.

And wait for the current "wave" passes away. Authorities are not telling you if this virus will become seasonal, if it will be permanent all year around, if this pandemic is a one time deal only...

What about a second "wave" next month or next year?

You have kits now or next year to know who carries the virus. What then?

Example: Michael tests positive but has mild symptoms. Like him 100 million people test positive. They feel fine, just some minor fever or headache. About the rest of people, no one knows, they refused to have the test,

What will be your best shot about it: Keep working as usual or stop everything around?

What is the guarantee the as soon the symptoms go away the dormant virus inside you won't be active again in a week, three months or next year?

You ask for extreme measures as precaution, however, you have no idea of the long term consequences like if the virus will just "expire" or will be a threat forever from now on.

Best solution for me still is protecting the weak, and the rest continuing working.

You continue to make no distinction between on the one hand those who get infected and severely impacted, resulting in being isolated and treated; and on the other hand those who might carry the virus, with or without symptoms, who then pass it on to myriad others. It is the latter who spread the pandemic.

And again --- if you isolate for a week, start to put the brakes on the spread, then decide, "that's enough, everybody back in the pool", you UNDO whatever sacrifices you made in that week, which was a building block and not a full course.

View attachment 315128

This is a very informative (and sobering) chart. Wish it were bigger. That trajectory we're on does not look good. Clearly Japan and S Korea got it right.

It must be a couple or three days old (not seeing a date) going by the quoted number of deaths at 500. It's now over 800. Coincidentally it notes that Italy put its nationwide lockdown at that same point, 800 deaths. They're still dealing with it, now at 6,820. And we have already surpassed them in the number of Active cases. We have more now than any country in the world.

But ---- let's open it all up, right? (/sarc)

Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop
Tot Deaths/
1M pop
China81,218+473,281+473,6504,2871,399562
Italy69,1766,8208,32654,0303,3931,144113
USA60,653+5,797819+3938759,4471,3071832
Spain47,610+5,5523,434+4435,36738,8092,6361,01873
Germany35,740+2,749186+273,54032,014234272
Iran27,017+2,2062,077+1439,62515,31532225
France22,3041,1003,28117,9232,51634217
Switzerland10,537+660149+2713110,2571411,21717
S. Korea9,137+100126+63,7305,281591782
UK8,227+150433+111357,659201216

View attachment 315128

This is a very informative (and sobering) chart. Wish it were bigger. That trajectory we're on does not look good. Clearly Japan and S Korea got it right.

It must be a couple or three days old (not seeing a date) going by the quoted number of deaths at 500. It's now over 800. Coincidentally it notes that Italy put its nationwide lockdown at that same point, 800 deaths. They're still dealing with it, now at 6,820. And we have already surpassed them in the number of Active cases. We have more now than any country in the world.

Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop
Tot Deaths/
1M pop
A religious guy wrote some books on the final chapter of the Bible and some religious tribulation movies were made a couple of decades ago or so. I can see an avenue to that with the way you think.

View attachment 315128

Country,
Other
Total
Cases
New
Cases
Total
Deaths
New
Deaths
Total
Recovered
Active
Cases
Serious,
Critical
Tot Cases/
1M pop
Tot Deaths/
1M pop
A religious guy wrote some books on the final chapter of the Bible and some religious tribulation movies were made a couple of decades ago or so. I can see an avenue to that with the way you think.

Wow, that's the most specific post I've ever seen. At least since that one about that guy who did that thing, back in the day, in that place.

Forum List

Back