No, Mr. Trump, Canada Did Not Burn the White House Down in the War of 1812

57 States :cul2:

Yep- I imagine this will blow over just like Obama's comment about 57 states.

Certainly no one will be mentioning it 8 years later........lol

Correct....but how many times in the past 20 months does the President say something and the progressives get all giddy and euphoric like, "Gotcha now!! :113:. The President pulls their chains almost daily! Watching the misery makes this forum a hoot!

'We are now going to explain the War of 1812 to you. Why not?

We didn’t think we’d find ourselves here, either. But on Wednesday, CNN reported that the 206-year-old war figured prominently in a discussion between President Trump and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau of Canada on May 25. According to CNN’s unnamed sources, Mr. Trump asked Mr. Trudeau, “Didn’t you guys burn down the White House?”

The New York Times then confirmed the CNN report, as did The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.'

This Trump is so frigging stupid.

Hey Trump - you ignorant doofus - Canada did not even exist in 1812.

What a pathetic putz.
God he is so embarrassing.

But winning s0n.... the only thing that matters!!:backpedal:

I don’t know what is worse. Trump not knowing basic history or his supporters trying to spin it.

If you can prove that Trump actually believed the War of 1812 was with Canada (which of course did not exist at that time), then I'm with you, the man is a dunce.

However, when you consider that the basic facts of the War of 1812 was elementary school stuff, and when you consider that his actual words were "Didn't you guys burn down the White House?" I think it's likely he was referring to the ancestors of what today are 'Canadians'.

But you guys are free to continue to flip out over this.

I don’t know what is worse. Trump not knowing basic history or his supporters trying to spin it.
Or those making a mountain out of a Mole hill....................Please continue your non stop I HATE TRUMP FESTIVAL.................................

While I wouldn't have said it........I'm not Trump............and if it ends in them end trade abuses then good. The main issue being subsidies on Canadian exports to the U.S. Purposely to gain market advantage. Under NAFTA and the WTO they have been getting away with it.

Fair Trade..........not Free Trade.............but FREE TRADE is improperly labeled. There is NO SUCH THING AS FREE TRADE...........Countries still ban goods.........set quotas..........and tariff imports all over the world. Never been Free across the board in these deals.....................

It's ok. Maybe Canada is actually an American state? I mean according to Obama we have 57 of those fuckers out there somewhere. Maybe Canada is one of them.

Yet another fake story by the liberal media.
It doesn't matter that Canada used to be a British colony.
But you Hateful fucks can't resist turning a joke into an issue, molehill into a mountain so to speak.
A pox on all your houses.

The truth has nothing to do with hate or love.

There were no Canadians in 1814.

And the British troops that actually burned down the White House had apparently come from Bermuda...NOT the Upper Canada British colony.

So no matter how you try and dance around it...Trump was 100% wrong.

Or are you not adult enough to admit it when Trump is wrong?
I'm adult enough to spot another petty attempt to attack a president who has accomplished more in his first 500 days than Obama accomplished in his entire life.

LOL...true or false...Trump's statement '“Didn’t you guys burn down the White House?” was erroneous?
That was a question, you stupid fuck.
How can a question be erroneous?

Sorry...my IQ is 124-125 (as tested by schools and the government) and I skipped grades 1 and 6. Plus I have a BS in business. You want to call me stupid - go ahead. But you are staggeringly ignorant if you do (on this).
BTW, my guess is your IQ is on the wrong side of 100.

As for calling me a 'fuck'? Fine with me....I do have regular sexual intercourse. So I do 'fuck' thus it is accurate to call me a 'fuck'.
Though I assume you are trying to use that term as an insult...so your choice of words on this seems odd - to say the least.

No doubt - given your apparent lack of intelligence - most of this is over your head. But hey...I tried.

As for the question...you dumbass Trumpbot...the inference was clear. That Canadians burned down the White House.

Did you not get that?

Yes or no?
124-125 is about average intelligence.
Course being a dummy is what Democrat voters do.
They swallow the media's lies hook, line, and sinker for one reason.
Because they have some inherent prejudice that doesn't allow them to think logically when it comes to politics.

Now in what way is a question erroneous?

We didn’t think we’d find ourselves here, either. But on Wednesday, CNN reported that the 206-year-old war figured prominently in a discussion between President Trump and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau of Canada on May 25. According to CNN’s unnamed sources, Mr. Trump asked Mr. Trudeau, “Didn’t you guys burn down the White House?”

The New York Times then confirmed the CNN report, as did The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation.'

What a pathetic putz.
Brush up on history and get back to us kido.
If we're doing that we should get the rest of the story. The burning of Washington was in at least partially in retaliation for the burning of York, Ont. the capital of the colonial province of Upper Canada.

Battle of York - Wikipedia

It was also in retaliation for the burning of private properties during the raid on Port Dover, Ont.

Raid on Port Dover - Wikipedia
Oh so Canadian territory was on the side of England, and did the army that burned the White House march from Canadian territory?

Is that a yes?
Nope, Canada didn't exist. It was nothing but empty ocean in 1812.

Remember when the Irish burned down the White House?
Were they American Irish, or the Irish Army?

What a pathetic putz.

Canada DID exist as 2 British colonies...Upper Canada and Lower Canada. Perhaps this might help you understand:

The Trump-Trudeau argument about steel tariffs and the War of 1812, explained

What a pathetic putz.
If we're doing that we should get the rest of the story. The burning of Washington was in at least partially in retaliation for the burning of York, Ont. the capital of the colonial province of Upper Canada.

It was also in retaliation for the burning of private properties during the raid on Port Dover, Ont.

Oh so Canadian territory was on the side of England, and did the army that burned the White House march from Canadian territory?

Is that a yes?

LOL...you are as ignorant as Trump is on this.

The answer is obviously 'no'...DUH.

How can British troops march from Canadian territory when Canada did not even exist for 55 more years? Again...DUH!

HELLO!!!! There was NO Canadian territory in 1812.

Oh...and the White House was NOT burned down in 1812. It was burned down in 1814.

Burning of Washington - Wikipedia

Jeez...are all you Trumpbots this ignorant?

So you never heard of Upper CANADA and Lower CANADA? They were the two British colonies north of the Great Lakes and New England.

What a pathetic putz.
History states Briton burned down the White House, Canada is a part of Briton therefore Canada was part of the Country that burned down the White House...

With war raging in Europe, British forces in North America took part of military actions against the fledgling USA forces. Canada was part of the British Empire and forces from there where involved in the assault on Washington, D.C., and the burning of the White House.

Anyone with the most basic shards of American history know that President Trump was absolutely correct!

Except there were no forces from Canada that were involved in the assault on Washington.

Anyone with the most basic shards of American history knows that President Trump was absolutely wrong.

However, after the defeat and exile of Napoleon Bonaparte in April 1814, Britain was able to use its now available troops and ships to prosecute its war with the United States. In addition to reinforcements sent to Canada, the Earl of Bathurst, Secretary of State for War and the Colonies, dispatched an army brigade and additional naval vessels to Bermuda, from where a blockade of the US coast and even the occupation of some coastal islands had been overseen throughout the war. It was decided to use these forces in raids along the Atlantic seaboard to draw American forces away from Canada.[4]

General Ross commanded a 4,500-man army, composed of the 4th (King's Own) Light,
21st Royal North British Fusiliers,
44th (East Essex) Regiment of Foot, and
85th Regiment of Foot. (Buckinghamshire)

All British troops.

Saying that the Canadians burned down the White House is less accurate than saying the Bermudians burnt down the White House.

Well done...check and mate.

Not only was Trump wrong in accusing Canadians of burning down the White House. But the lame excuse Trumpbots desperately use to defend their loser-in-chief - that the troops came from Upper Canada (which was not a country but a British Colony) - is dead wrong as well (which you just proved).

Hear hear.

So you and the other guy believe that because the Canadas were British colonies, they didn't exist? So, you would also then say (just to be consistent) that because most of the slaves in the Americas were brought by British colonists, Americans are not responsible for slavery in North America? I can't agree with you at all.

The truth has nothing to do with hate or love.

There were no Canadians in 1814.

And the British troops that actually burned down the White House had apparently come from Bermuda...NOT the Upper Canada British colony.

So no matter how you try and dance around it...Trump was 100% wrong.

Or are you not adult enough to admit it when Trump is wrong?
I'm adult enough to spot another petty attempt to attack a president who has accomplished more in his first 500 days than Obama accomplished in his entire life.

LOL...true or false...Trump's statement '“Didn’t you guys burn down the White House?” was erroneous?
That was a question, you stupid fuck.
How can a question be erroneous?

Sorry...my IQ is 124-125 (as tested by schools and the government) and I skipped grades 1 and 6. Plus I have a BS in business. You want to call me stupid - go ahead. But you are staggeringly ignorant if you do (on this).
BTW, my guess is your IQ is on the wrong side of 100.

As for calling me a 'fuck'? Fine with me....I do have regular sexual intercourse. So I do 'fuck' thus it is accurate to call me a 'fuck'.
Though I assume you are trying to use that term as an insult...so your choice of words on this seems odd - to say the least.

No doubt - given your apparent lack of intelligence - most of this is over your head. But hey...I tried.

As for the question...you dumbass Trumpbot...the inference was clear. That Canadians burned down the White House.

Did you not get that?

Yes or no?
124-125 is about average intelligence.
Course being a dummy is what Democrat voters do.
They swallow the media's lies hook, line, and sinker for one reason.
Because they have some inherent prejudice that doesn't allow them to think logically when it comes to politics.
You just proved that you know NOTHING about IQ scores. Average IQ IS 100...DUH.

https://www.123test.com/interpretation-of-an-iq-score/
IQ Percentile and Rarity Chart

b) why do you keep fixating on Obama? I am not a Dem and I thought Obama did a lousy job as POTUS. Jeez...try and keep up.

Now in what way is a question erroneous?
The question was erroneous. And 'yes', questions can be wrong.

https://www.quora.com/Can-a-question-ever-be-wrong?share=1

His questioned inferred that Canadians burned down the White House. The assumption of the question was erroneous.

Now answer my question - that you skipped once already:

As for the question, the inference was clear. That Canadians burned down the White House.

Did you not get that? Yes or no?

You guys bitched incessantly about Obama's mistake when he said 57 states, and pointed to that to show how Obama didn't know anything.

Trump? You guys defend him when he says stupid crap about history like Canada burning down the WH. No, it wasn't Canada, it was BRITAIN.

Trump is so stupid that he doesn't even bother to vet his presidential pardons. He wants to pardon Ali for dodging the draft, but the SC already did that back in 1971.

Trump is proving every day how little he knows or cares to learn.

Canada was a British colony then, so they WERE British. In fact, most of the fighting in the War of 1812 was to ensure the Canadians would STAY British.

What a pathetic putz.
History states Briton burned down the White House, Canada is a part of Briton therefore Canada was part of the Country that burned down the White House...

With war raging in Europe, British forces in North America took part of military actions against the fledgling USA forces. Canada was part of the British Empire and forces from there where involved in the assault on Washington, D.C., and the burning of the White House.

Anyone with the most basic shards of American history know that President Trump was absolutely correct!

Except there were no forces from Canada that were involved in the assault on Washington.

Anyone with the most basic shards of American history knows that President Trump was absolutely wrong.

However, after the defeat and exile of Napoleon Bonaparte in April 1814, Britain was able to use its now available troops and ships to prosecute its war with the United States. In addition to reinforcements sent to Canada, the Earl of Bathurst, Secretary of State for War and the Colonies, dispatched an army brigade and additional naval vessels to Bermuda, from where a blockade of the US coast and even the occupation of some coastal islands had been overseen throughout the war. It was decided to use these forces in raids along the Atlantic seaboard to draw American forces away from Canada.[4]

General Ross commanded a 4,500-man army, composed of the 4th (King's Own) Light,
21st Royal North British Fusiliers,
44th (East Essex) Regiment of Foot, and
85th Regiment of Foot. (Buckinghamshire)

All British troops.

Saying that the Canadians burned down the White House is less accurate than saying the Bermudians burnt down the White House.

Well done...check and mate.

Not only was Trump wrong in accusing Canadians of burning down the White House. But the lame excuse Trumpbots desperately use to defend their loser-in-chief - that the troops came from Upper Canada (which was not a country but a British Colony) - is dead wrong as well (which you just proved).

Hear hear.

So you and the other guy believe that because the Canadas were British colonies, they didn't exist? So, you would also then say (just to be consistent) that because most of the slaves in the Americas were brought by British colonists, Americans are not responsible for slavery in North America? I can't agree with you at all.

I said nothing of the kind.

I said that there were no Canadians in 1814 as Canada was not a country. There were natives and British colonists and that is it. No Canadians.

Besides, the point is mute as the British troops who ACTUALLY burned down the White House in 1814 did not even come from Upper Canada territory...they apparently came directly from Bermuda.

So, no matter how you want to try and spin it, Canadians did NOT burn down the White House in 1814.

What a pathetic putz.

Is that a yes?

How can British troops march from Canadian territory when Canada did not even exist for 55 more years? Again...DUH!

Oh...and the White House was NOT burned down in 1812. It was burned down in 1814.

So you never heard of Upper CANADA and Lower CANADA? They were the two British colonies north of the Great Lakes and New England.

My mother was Canadian. I spend much time in Canadian schools. Of course I heard of them. But they were British colonies...not separate countries...sheesh.

There were NO Canadians in 1814....only natives and British colonists. They lived in a colony of Upper Canada . But they were NOT Canadians...they were British subjects or natives.

Canadians did not exist before Canada became a country in 1867.

Last edited:

Is that a yes?

My mother was Canadian. I spend much time in Canadian schools. Of course I heard of them.

But there were NO Canadians....only natives and British colonists. Ask the average Canadian if there were Canadians before 1867. I doubt even 20% would agree there were.

Are you arguing semantics or facts?

Is that a yes?

My mother was Canadian. I spend much time in Canadian schools. Of course I heard of them.

But there were NO Canadians....only natives and British colonists. Ask the average Canadian if there were Canadians before 1867. I doubt even 20% would agree there were.

Facts kiddo.

There were no Canadian citizens on Earth before 1867.

Anyone who cannot accept that is either demented and/or staggeringly ignorant on the subject.

And 'hello'...the point is mute as someone already pointed out earlier (if you had bothered to read). The British troops who actually burned down the White House apparently came directly from Bermuda. The colony of Upper Canada had NOTHING to do with it.

Is that a yes?

Facts kiddo.

Anyone who cannot accept that is either demented and/or staggeringly ignorant on the subject.

And 'hello'...the point is mute as someone already pointed out earlier (if you had bothered to read). The British troops who actually burned down the White House apparently came directly from Bermuda. The colony of Upper Canada had NOTHING to do with it.
So no people from "Canada" had anything to do with it. Thanks. I am curious. You know your history. Was there any influence from our now (Canadian friends)?

Is that a yes?

Facts kiddo.

You lost, but keep on struggling. I like it when you struggle.

Forum List

Back