No, Muslims Should NOT Be Allowed To Serve In Public Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Placing the worship of Islam ahead of, and possibly in conflict with, the interests of the United States is disqualifying for serving the interest of the United States.

Placing loyalty to the Pope ahead of, and possibly in conflict with, the interests of the United States is disqualifying for JFK serving the interest of the United States.

memba that?
Again, your beloved 50 years ago blanket statement that means Zero in the here and now.

Because the object of your bigotry is different now? Sharp thinking there, professor.
There is no bigotry in criticizing a hateful religion/ideology.....

"There is no bigotry in criticizing a (fill in the blank with any group, race, religion, or ideology the bigot really, really hates)...."

Is that really the limit of your ability to reason?

I'm not whining. The title of the OP is simply a statement of fact.
Yes, you are whining like little baby. And no, it's opinion. And it's an opinion that is not going to happen, as it is unamerican. And, given how unamerican you are, russia might better suit you.

A year ago, there was a thread entitled >> "Do Republicans believe a Muslim should be allowed to serve in public office if elected?" I'm now answering that by saying No, Republicans don't believe Muslims should be allowed to serve in public office, elected or not. Furthermore, no American should be OK with Muslims serving in public office.

First of all, in America, Islam is sedition, by virtue of it's supremacism, which is in violation of the Constitution (article 6, section 2, part 1-the Supremacy Clause).

Secondly, Islam is an ideology (masquerading as a religion), which advocates (if not commands) the violation of scores of US laws, including some of the most serious felonies (ex. murder, rape, pedophilia, slavery, sex discrimination)

Not only should Muslims not be part of government in America, but Islam should not exist in America, period. There should be no mosques, no Korans, no Islamic centers, etc

Article VI of the U.S. Constitution provides, in part:

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

I would think that this preposterous idea would violate both the non-establishment clause and the free-exercise clause of the First Amendment.​

As a Muslim I say I'm glad me and millions of American muslims like me, chose to be surgeons, engineers, businessmen, firefighters, policemen, teachers, CIA operatives, FBI agents, athletes, and everything else in between and not spend our time worrying about the bigots of the right and what they think about us.
A real Muslim follows every word of the Koran. Do you ?

Too much. Now he's about to float the "No True Muslim" fallacy.

You're just not equipped for this bullshit Hunior. Know what I mean?
Terror attacks happen daily. Two Muslim congresswomen tell us daily how much they hate this country. The only thing you are proving is you hate America and Americans just as much if not more. Thanks for nothing, and why don't you move to Iran?
Terror attacks are happening daily he said, and two reps hate America....and I hate america he said. And I have to move to Iran too.
I'm not gonna answer you, because it is not worth it. Drown in your ignorance.

Terror attacks happen daily. Two Muslim congresswomen tell us daily how much they hate this country. The only thing you are proving is you hate America and Americans just as much if not more. Thanks for nothing, and why don't you move to Iran?

Well number one I don't speak Farsi or have any interest in it. Number two I'm perfectly well settled here. Number three I don't have a job in Iran so why would they let me immigrate even if I wanted to? And I saved the best for last --- Number four I don't have a problem with paranoid hallucinations about shit that doesn't exist. Guess I just wasn't born with the Gullible gene.

Oh and as far as "terror attacks happen daily" lemme reiterate what I laid out before in case you missed it. At one point in my travels I got to a place where terror attacks did happen daily. And the local government structure was on high alert for bombs. Yet nobody in that time and place, or outside that place in the same time, ever referred to the IRA as "Catholic terrorism". Because that would have been just fucking stupid.

Whelp --- you can do the math.

You can also essplain to the class how defending the COTUS somehow amounts to "hate America". It oughta be very entertaining.

Meanwhile I do have some nice Iraqi curry powder. Close enough?
Oh and as far as "terror attacks happen daily"
Other Recent "Misunderstandings
of Islam"
2019.07.07 (Afghanistan)
A child is among fourteen killed when a suicide car bomber goes off near a school. 2019.07.05 (Afghanistan)
A Shiite mosque is bombed by the Islamic State, producing two dead worshippers. 2019.07.05 (Afghanistan)
A fundamentalist group sends shells into a local market, killing fourteen patrons. 2019.07.03 (Mozambique)
Two children are among seven villagers murdered by Islamic extremists. 2019.07.03 (Iraq)
A market worker succumbs to splinter injuries following a grenade attack.
(Note: Data for each attack is sometimes pulled from multiple sources. The provided link may not be in complete agreement with the updated detail for the incident).
Yes they do happen daily you ignorant wimp.

And you're wrapped up tightly enough in your tiny little echobubble cocoon to think that they're all Mooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooslims, amirite?
I have never said that. I talk about Islam. That it is a fact Islam inspires terror and non-assimilation. That some Muslims kill to advance Islam is a fact you do not have the sand to admit.
8 million muslims in the US or more, we should have at least couple of bombings a day, don't you think? Or maybe the Las Vegas shooter, sandy hook shooter, Florida school shooter and dozens of mass massacres were orchestrated by white Christians who converted to Islam.

A year ago, there was a thread entitled >> "Do Republicans believe a Muslim should be allowed to serve in public office if elected?" I'm now answering that by saying No, Republicans don't believe Muslims should be allowed to serve in public office, elected or not. Furthermore, no American should be OK with Muslims serving in public office.

First of all, in America, Islam is sedition, by virtue of it's supremacism, which is in violation of the Constitution (article 6, section 2, part 1-the Supremacy Clause).

Secondly, Islam is an ideology (masquerading as a religion), which advocates (if not commands) the violation of scores of US laws, including some of the most serious felonies (ex. murder, rape, pedophilia, slavery, sex discrimination)

Not only should Muslims not be part of government in America, but Islam should not exist in America, period. There should be no mosques, no Korans, no Islamic centers, etc

Article VI of the U.S. Constitution provides, in part:

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the members of the several state legislatures, and all executive and judicial officers, both of the United States and of the several states, shall be bound by oath or affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.
I would think that this preposterous idea would violate both the non-establishment clause and the free-exercise clause of the First Amendment.​

THAT is the troubling argument used by the Left that anti-Islamic sentiment is discrimination based on RELIGION when it is not. Islam is not a religion but rather a form of government, and it is IMPOSSIBLE for a true avowed Islamist sworn to Sharia Law to also uphold the U.S. Constitution.

AS IT IS, we already have numerous Latino officials in Congress who actively advocate for Central Americans and their interests over those of Americans! People advocating for interests which work for foreign interests or against the best interests of America are effectively committing TREASON as a traitor and a subversive and need dealt with thusly.

I've known a few American Muslims who were very conservative in their politics and who strongly supported the GOP.

That is childish fear, not any kind of serious interpretation of the Constitution. Grow up.
Not interpretation. Just plain reading. Do you say the Constitution allows supremacisms (other than the Constitution itself) ?

Um...furiously googling for agreeable opinions and not reading them, instead posting links to them, is not support for that opinion.

It is not true. It is your own personal, unAmerican fear and weakness.
So you would allow people whose supremacist, seditious ideology directs them to push that criminal ideology, to hold power in that government, thereby superceding the Constitution. That's nuts.

"The process of settlement [of Islam in the United States] is a "Civilization-Jihadist" process with all that the word means. The Ikhwan [Muslim Brotherhood in North America] must understand that all their work in America is a kind of grand jihad in eliminating and destroying the Western civilization from within and "sabotaging" their miserable house by their hands, and the hands of the believers so that it is eliminated, and Allah's religion is made victorious over all religions."

Mohamed Akram, "An Explanatory Memorandum on the General Strategic Goal for the Group in North America" May 22, 1991, Government Exhibit 003-0085, United States vs. Holy Land Foundation, et al. 7 (21).

Dear Unkotare cc: protectionist
by that interpretation, wouldn't the political beliefs
and platforms of political parties also be barred
from imposing over Constitutional laws as well?

www.ethics-commission.net

"CODE OF ETHICS FOR GOVERNMENT SERVICE

"Any person in Government service should:

"I. Put loyalty to the highest moral principles and to country
above loyalty to persons, party, or Government department.

"II. Uphold the Constitution, laws, and regulations of the United States
and of all governments therein and never be a party to their evasion.
Which is exactly what Islam does. You're catching on Emily. Good for you.

I disagree, however so far they've proved a bad idea. Omar is a very nasty person.

Yeah I know what you mean. You mean to pretend that you have some idea of what you're talking about, when actually, like many posters in this thread, on this subject, you are totally outclassed, and are doing nothing more than just talking jibberish.

Good question. Well Pogo ?

(maybe he's afraid they'd confiscate his guitars. I've heard middle eastern Muslims don't like music.)

Placing the worship of Islam ahead of, and possibly in conflict with, the interests of the United States is disqualifying for serving the interest of the United States.

A short but very powerful group of words that say a lot. Seems so simple that even 10 year old kids could understand it, yet here we have posters who have a hard time with it. Odd. Very odd.

Good post, WEATHER

As for Muslims most I've met have been polite, mild mannered & pleasant.
That's what they said about the Muslim terrorists before they committed massacres.

Omar Mateen, the Pulse Club killer, was even a licensed security guard in Florida, and was trusted to carry a gun on the job. Everybody thought he was a fine fellow.

What percentage of Muslims are terrorists?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back