🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

No Negotiations Until Federal Gov Opens

Shutdown Day 17: White House, Dems disagree on definition of ‘negotiating’

seems to me that they couldn't negotiate so that's why it was shut down. why is reopening it going to change anything?

in any event, what i don't understand is back in 2006 hillary, obama and many on the left said yes, walls are needed. they just didn't want a LONG wall that stretched out in areas where it doesn't make sense. use drones and technology to also supplement this.

so why not go back to what they wanted in 2006 and say "we'll compromise and do this" - around 700-1000 miles of walls *and* technology THEN we follow up by working on DACA and why immigration got to be such a hassle next.

instead we've put ourselves in a collective position where we simply refuse anything but what we want, even if we don't want it but only NOW want it cause *THEY* DON'T want it. whatever it is.

our government's collective mental age is around 8.
One problem is Trump has never laid down a concise plan of what he wants border security to be and why

Specify which sections require solid wall, where fencing is needed and where electronic surveillance is preferred. Then provide costs

Instead, we get one size fits all......wall, wall, wall
Concise plans cost money, which Congress hasn't approved yet. Once again, the anti-wall douchebags are making demands that are impossible to comply with.
Oh really? You put out the money before you get the plans, do you?
so tell me fool, do you really believe Trump meant mexico would fork over a check? You always seemed more intelligent than that. but ok, you're right up there with the other mental midgets from the left in here.
She never seemed more intelligent than that to me.

i quit reading here. you're in an emotional attack mode and not about to listen to reason from someone you're "mad" at.

you just said no one on the right will ever try diplomacy. after that nothing intelligent can follow so i'm out for now.
with a leftist, that is correct. Again, I explained in a previous post, they don't negotiate. So it's something that isn't even on the table. You're watching it play out with the phrase from the left, you have to open the government to negotiate. well duh, if you open the government why would they then negotiate? for someone like you to believe that tactic speaks loudly.

I'll gladly pay you tuesday for a hamburger today. Whimpy said it best.

When can we expect the check from Mexico? Next Tuesday?
the mere fact you ask such a stupid question is check mate to your stupidity. you truly are a leftist hack.
Trump said they would pay for it. Was he lying?
No one cares, dingbat.

I guess we an expect the check next Tuesday

seems to me that they couldn't negotiate so that's why it was shut down. why is reopening it going to change anything?

in any event, what i don't understand is back in 2006 hillary, obama and many on the left said yes, walls are needed. they just didn't want a LONG wall that stretched out in areas where it doesn't make sense. use drones and technology to also supplement this.

so why not go back to what they wanted in 2006 and say "we'll compromise and do this" - around 700-1000 miles of walls *and* technology THEN we follow up by working on DACA and why immigration got to be such a hassle next.

instead we've put ourselves in a collective position where we simply refuse anything but what we want, even if we don't want it but only NOW want it cause *THEY* DON'T want it. whatever it is.

Did president Bush usurp congress' s constitutional power by shutting down the gov't in 2006?
Didn't The One usurp congress' power by enacting DACA by executive fiat?

A little late to start complaining now.
there was precedent for Obama and DACA which did NOT include amnesty... both Reagan and Bush 1 used executive orders... until Congress passed amnesty under Reagan and a second additional amnesty under Bush 1 to tie up loose ends.

Obama's chance of it being ok, were greater than 50/50 in his favor...

And Obama did not shut the govt down over it....??

Last edited:
I can't believe these idiots who think the problem can be solved by saying "let's just all get along." We are at war with the vermin who are trying to destroy America. When they talk about "compromise," they always mean the right compromises and the left gets more of what they want. I'm done with that. We're done compromising.

WHEN did Trump ever compromise?

When did the GOP?

well dude, you are to the left of me. you think diplomacy works..

i quit reading here. you're in an emotional attack mode and not about to listen to reason from someone you're "mad" at.

you just said no one on the right will ever try diplomacy. after that nothing intelligent can follow so i'm out for now.
with a leftist, that is correct. Again, I explained in a previous post, they don't negotiate. So it's something that isn't even on the table. You're watching it play out with the phrase from the left, you have to open the government to negotiate. well duh, if you open the government why would they then negotiate? for someone like you to believe that tactic speaks loudly.

the mere fact you ask such a stupid question is check mate to your stupidity. you truly are a leftist hack.

naw, you're not going to pay us tuesday for a hamburger today, nor will we be attempting to kick the football.we be smarter than you;

Trump can not be trusted.

Dems can

No one cares, dingbat.

I guess we an expect the check next Tuesday

Wow a third time to show off your check mated stupidity.

naw, you're not going to pay us tuesday for a hamburger today, nor will we be attempting to kick the football.we be smarter than you;

Trump can not be trusted.

Dems can

I can't believe these idiots who think the problem can be solved by saying "let's just all get along." We are at war with the vermin who are trying to destroy America. When they talk about "compromise," they always mean the right compromises and the left gets more of what they want. I'm done with that. We're done compromising.

When did the GOP?
last year when he offered all DACA people, want to say 21 million, a path to citizenship and the dems said, fk off, no border money. that time.

Either you are sooo stupid that you don't listen when people talk, or you think I'm stupid, which you are in error about.

Did president Bush usurp congress' s constitutional power by shutting down the gov't in 2006?

there was precedent for Obama and DACA which did NOT include amnesty... both Reagan and Bush 1 used executive orders... until Congress passed amnesty under Reagan and a second additional amnesty under Bush 1 to tie up loose ends.

Reagan and Bush never used an executive order to violate the Constitution, dingbat.

Reagan and Bush never used an executive order to violate the Constitution, dingbat.
Never.

:lol: really?

Really!!!

When did the GOP?
last year when he offered all DACA people, want to say 21 million, a path to citizenship and the dems said, fk off, no border money. that time.

Either you are sooo stupid that you don't listen when people talk, or you think I'm stupid, which you are in error about.
The $5 billion amount is a compromise.

Yes, really, you fucking dingbat.

You might want to check your facts on that

When did the GOP?

well yes it is, well that is now two to zip!!! and these idiot leftists are still demanding negotiations. It's obvious they either don't know what the definition is or they have no intentions. it's either or.

When did the GOP?

Between what and what?

Forum List

Back