No one can give me a rational reason why

You should give a fuck, then you wouldn't be dangerous arseholes.

We do not seek permission, I have told you this a thousand times but you're so utterly inbred, it doesn't stay in your empty head. You apply for a licence, that means, you are checked out. If everything is ok, go buy a gun.

You would fail the UK system because you're a danger to society, you're not worthy enough and you don't have a suitable character to live abroad, that's why few Americans have a passport.

You think I care what you infantilized serfs think?

And history proves I am not a danger to anyone. I have owned guns for most of my life and have never shot anyone.

Just because you can't trust yourself to control your emotions and you need to ask big Daddy King Horseface for permission to buy a gun or read a book you have to believe other men aren't capable of controlling themselves so you don;t look so fucking pathetic.

It’s not a cliche. If the government can deny you something, it is NOT a right, it is a privledge granted by the government.
The serfs in the UK don't understand this because literally their entire lives are full of nothing but privileges granted by the monarchy.

When you live in a country where you can get arrested for reading a book the government does not approve of and you accept that as a fact of life then you can never really understand liberty or the concept of rights belonging to the people not the government.

fwiw, i've slept w/loaded gun after having PO'ed a local drug lord

9/11 can't help when their response time is XXXX, and you've X to respond to such a threat

ask me how i know.....

~S~

Other nations don’t have the weekly blood baths we do.

Time for you to play the race card
How about Mexico. It has tough gun laws.

Mexico’s murder rate is six times the US rate, but only about 1% of Mexicans are legally licensed to own a gun​

Sep 2, 2019 | Featured
Link …One moment, please...

In 2018, Mexico had 35,964 murders — a rate of 29 per 100,000 people. Preliminary estimates for 2018 show a US murder rate of 4.9 per 100,000. And in the first seven months of 2019, Mexico is on track to set a new record of 20,058 murders, but this preliminary number is likely a 20% underestimate.

Since 1972, Mexico has had just one gun store in the entire country. This military-run store is the only place where Mexicans can legally purchase a gun, and only 1% of Mexicans possess a license to own a firearm. The store’s prices are very expensive, and the most powerful rifle that you can buy there is only a 22 caliber. The 1% figure was told to Dr. John Lott by Mexican officials when he testified before the Mexican Senate in 2016.

Crime > Violent crime Stats: compare key data on Mexico & United States

Murder rate per million people218.49
Ranked 17th. 5 times more than United States
Ranked 43th.

Firearms regulation in Mexico is governed by legislation which sets the legality by which members of the armed forces, law enforcement and private citizens may acquire, own, possess and carry firearms; covering rights and limitations to individuals—including hunting and shooting sport participants, property and personal protection personnel such as bodyguards, security officers, private security, and extending to VIPs(diplomats, public officials, celebrities).[1]

Mexico has extremely restrictive laws regarding gun possession. There are only two stores in the entire country, DCAM near the capital, and OTCA, in Apodaca, Nuevo León. It also takes months of paperwork to have a chance at purchasing one legally. That said, there is a common misconception that firearms are illegal in Mexico and that no person may possess them.[2] This belief originates from the general perception that only members of law enforcement, the armed forces, or those in armed security protection are authorized to have them. While it is true that Mexico possesses strict gun laws,[3] where most types and calibers are reserved to military and law enforcement, the acquisition and ownership of certain firearms and ammunition remains a constitutional right to all Mexican citizens and foreign legal residents;[4] given the requirements and conditions to exercise such right are fulfilled in accordance to the law.[5]

How about Mexico. It has tough gun laws.

Mexico’s murder rate is six times the US rate, but only about 1% of Mexicans are legally licensed to own a gun​

Sep 2, 2019 | Featured
Link …One moment, please...

In 2018, Mexico had 35,964 murders — a rate of 29 per 100,000 people. Preliminary estimates for 2018 show a US murder rate of 4.9 per 100,000. And in the first seven months of 2019, Mexico is on track to set a new record of 20,058 murders, but this preliminary number is likely a 20% underestimate.

Since 1972, Mexico has had just one gun store in the entire country. This military-run store is the only place where Mexicans can legally purchase a gun, and only 1% of Mexicans possess a license to own a firearm. The store’s prices are very expensive, and the most powerful rifle that you can buy there is only a 22 caliber. The 1% figure was told to Dr. John Lott by Mexican officials when he testified before the Mexican Senate in 2016.

Crime > Violent crime Stats: compare key data on Mexico & United States

Murder rate per million people218.49
Ranked 17th. 5 times more than United States
Ranked 43th.

Firearms regulation in Mexico is governed by legislation which sets the legality by which members of the armed forces, law enforcement and private citizens may acquire, own, possess and carry firearms; covering rights and limitations to individuals—including hunting and shooting sport participants, property and personal protection personnel such as bodyguards, security officers, private security, and extending to VIPs(diplomats, public officials, celebrities).[1]

Mexico has extremely restrictive laws regarding gun possession. There are only two stores in the entire country, DCAM near the capital, and OTCA, in Apodaca, Nuevo León. It also takes months of paperwork to have a chance at purchasing one legally. That said, there is a common misconception that firearms are illegal in Mexico and that no person may possess them.[2] This belief originates from the general perception that only members of law enforcement, the armed forces, or those in armed security protection are authorized to have them. While it is true that Mexico possesses strict gun laws,[3] where most types and calibers are reserved to military and law enforcement, the acquisition and ownership of certain firearms and ammunition remains a constitutional right to all Mexican citizens and foreign legal residents;[4] given the requirements and conditions to exercise such right are fulfilled in accordance to the law.[5]
Mexico is a kleptocracy and official corruption is basically an institution. Not comparable.

So why would you think the government should not stay out of the lives of law abiding people who own or want to own guns?
As I stated before, I have nothing against law abiding citizens owning guns. But I draw the line with automatic weapons. There is no reason for any civilian to own a weapon of war.

The Remington 700 bolt action rifle is an actual weapon of war, the Military calls it the M-40. The Benelli M-4 shotgun is used by the US military which calls it the M-1014 shotgun. The Standard Manufacturing DP-12 shotgun is used by the US military. The Ithaca Model 37 shotgun was used by the US military. The Mossberg 500 shotgun was used by the US military as recently as Desert Storm. The Remington Model 10 was used by the US military as late as Vietnam. The Winchester Models 12 and 1200 were used by the US military. The Winchester Model 1897 was used by the US military. ALL ARE AVAILABLE ON THE CIVILIAN MARKET and all are WEAPONS OF WAR by your standards. As is the .45 caliber M1911A1 pistol millions of which were produced for the military and many more millions are used by civilians today despite being designed over a hundred and twenty-five years ago. Your profound ignorance is only matched by your colossal ego.
Spare me the data dump! If it is an automatic weapon, there is no reason for a civilian to own it.

you mean shotgums, bolt action rifles and
revolvers as
well as lever action rifles? they are all weapons ised by the military, and shotguns and bolt action rifles are currently in use by all branches of the U.S. militar
I am just referring to automatic weapons. Shotguns are obviously legal to own.

Forum List

Back