No one can give me a rational reason why

And yet I still can. There is no reason for you to own lots of things you own so do you think that you should be told what you need or don;t need by other people or the government?
Well, in principle, the only thing I want from government, is to stay the hell out of my daily life.

In regards, to weapons, I'm not a gun guy.

No one can give me a rational reason why the average law abiding citizen should not be allowed to own firearms.

Saying that some people might commit crimes with guns is not a rational reason.

Saying that some people may kill themselves with a gun is not a rational reason
They should. They should just be taken more seriously and be more regulated.

Well, in principle, the only thing I want from government, is to stay the hell out of my daily life.

So why would you think the government should not stay out of the lives of law abiding people who own or want to own guns?

But there is a reason built into the 2nd Amendment:
The text of the Second Amendment reads in full: “A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The Founders assumed that if the USA should ever be invaded by foreign aggressors, every able bodied man should have a gun and be incorporated into a regulated militia to help defend their country.

It is the same concept as deputizing a posse to go after a criminal. The posse is under the command of the Sheriff as would the militia be under the command of a military officer.

The Founders assumed the issues of right to self defense, to hunt game, citizen action to deter crime, etc. would be within the prerogative of the states. Some states do a better job of such regulation than others.
The founders had just got done fighting a war against DOMESTIC DESPOTS. The Second is a defense against home-grown tyranny as well as foreign tyranny. Yes, King and Parliament were across the Atlantic, but the local governments that enforced their orders were right here in North America.

Hard to do, with the gun humpers getting them struck down left and right.

So excuse me if I don't buy this horseshit talking point.

So you think that laws deemed unconstitutional should be upheld ?

We have literally thousands of state and federal gun laws that have passed Constitutional muster and they are not being enforced.

If you have no concerning issues on your police record, and on your driving record, and in your medical records, and you just have a reasonable reason to own/use one, then you're welcome to own and use one in the UK.

What you claim to be law abiding in the US, would likely fail in the UK. To be law abiding, your reason wouldn't be for the defense fallacy, willing to shoot others. You would fail if you do not secure your firearm in a secure cabinet. You would fail if someone else (even your spouse) gets access to the cabinet key and know it's whereabouts.
No, you are welcome to own a firearm IF the government is happy with your reasons to own one. The government has the sole right to determine if your desire is "reasonable" and self-defense is not a "reasonable" need in YOUR government's opinion. You are also only allowed to own a very narrow selection of guns.

Last edited:
If you are referring to automatic weapons, then you are correct. Civilians have no reason to own weapons if war.
The Remington 700 bolt action rifle is an actual weapon of war, the Military calls it the M-40. The Benelli M-4 shotgun is used by the US military which calls it the M-1014 shotgun. The Standard Manufacturing DP-12 shotgun is used by the US military. The Ithaca Model 37 shotgun was used by the US military. The Mossberg 500 shotgun was used by the US military as recently as Desert Storm. The Remington Model 10 was used by the US military as late as Vietnam. The Winchester Models 12 and 1200 were used by the US military. The Winchester Model 1897 was used by the US military. ALL ARE AVAILABLE ON THE CIVILIAN MARKET and all are WEAPONS OF WAR by your standards. As is the .45 caliber M1911A1 pistol millions of which were produced for the military and many more millions are used by civilians today despite being designed over a hundred and twenty-five years ago. Your profound ignorance is only matched by your colossal ego.

The founders had just got done fighting a war against DOMESTIC DESPOTS. The Second is a defense against home-grown tyranny as well as foreign tyranny. Yes, King and Parliament were across the Atlantic, but the local governments that enforced their orders were right here in North America.
It is true that the Founders did not rule out the possibility that the citizens would need to defend themselves against a rogue or outlaw government should one take power. Also they were not so naive to believe all citizens would be good people and that the strong would never prey on the weak. A gun can be a great equalizer.

But you want the government the hell into MY life. Your idea of government interference is dependent of if your ox is being gored or someone else's.

The Remington 700 bolt action rifle is an actual weapon of war, the Military calls it the M-40. The Benelli M-4 shotgun is used by the US military which calls it the M-1014 shotgun. The Standard Manufacturing DP-12 shotgun is used by the US military. The Ithaca Model 37 shotgun was used by the US military. The Mossberg 500 shotgun was used by the US military as recently as Desert Storm. The Remington Model 10 was used by the US military as late as Vietnam. The Winchester Models 12 and 1200 were used by the US military. The Winchester Model 1897 was used by the US military. ALL ARE AVAILABLE ON THE CIVILIAN MARKET and all are WEAPONS OF WAR by your standards. As is the .45 caliber M1911A1 pistol millions of which were produced for the military and many more millions are used by civilians today despite being designed over a hundred and twenty-five years ago. Your profound ignorance is only matched by your colossal ego.
Let's not forget the various service revolvers and foreign firearms,, like Mausers, Enfields and Mosins.

The entire purpose of the 2nd Amendment is to keep weapons of war in civilian hands.

It is true that the Founders did not rule out the possibility that the citizens would need to defend themselves against a rogue or outlaw government should one take power. Also they were not so naive to believe all citizens would be good people and that the strong would never prey on the weak. A gun can be a great equalizer.
God made men, Sam Colt made men equal

Last edited:
If you are referring to automatic weapons, then you are correct. Civilians have no reason to own weapons if war.

you mean shotgums, bolt action rifles and
revolvers as
well as lever action rifles? they are all weapons ised by the military, and shotguns and bolt action rifles are currently in use by all branches of the U.S. militar

No, you are welcome to own a firearm IF the government is happy with your reasons to own one. The government has the sole right to determine if your desire is "reasonable" and self-defense is not a "reasonable" need in YOUR government's opinion. You are also only allowed to own a very narrow selection of guns.
Read my signature on gun clichés

IDGAF about the UK.

Why should i have to give reasons to the fucking government to own anything?

Just because you enjoy being treated like a child and must ask permission to do anything doesn;t mean other people like it.
You should give a fuck, then you wouldn't be dangerous arseholes.

We do not seek permission, I have told you this a thousand times but you're so utterly inbred, it doesn't stay in your empty head. You apply for a licence, that means, you are checked out. If everything is ok, go buy a gun.

You would fail the UK system because you're a danger to society, you're not worthy enough and you don't have a suitable character to live abroad, that's why few Americans have a passport.

You should give a fuck, then you wouldn't be dangerous arseholes.

We do not seek permission, I have told you this a thousand times but you're so utterly inbred, it doesn't stay in your empty head. You apply for a licence, that means, you are checked out. If everything is ok, go buy a gun.

You would fail the UK system because you're a danger to society, you're not worthy enough and you don't have a suitable character to live abroad, that's why few Americans have a passport.
applying for a license is the very definition of asking for permission,,

Forum List

Back