No one white today owned slaves but most whites today benefitted from the 100 years after slavery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't it be true to say that Blacks benefited from slavery? It got them the Hell out of Africa.

th
So you think Today's Blacks would be better off if they were still in Africa?
I would be better off if I were still in England--universal healthcare and strict gun control making it less likely I will be gunned down on my way to the grocery store. But how sensible a question is that? My ancestors, like many blacks, came here before this was even a country. "Going back" is a senseless game to play.

The dunce is the guy criticizing white people for benefiting from slavery 100 years after the fact. Which was 1965. I wasn't working then, as a military brat.

You have officially earned your dumb ass card. I am talking about the laws and policies that occurred denying rights and opportunities to blacks after slavery until 1965.

Wouldn't it be true to say that Blacks benefited from slavery? It got them the Hell out of Africa.

th
I would be better off if I were still in England--universal healthcare and strict gun control making it less likely I will be gunned down on my way to the grocery store. But how sensible a question is that? My ancestors, like many blacks, came here before this was even a country. "Going back" is a senseless game to play.
I was merely asking a question The OP started the "going back" game. :wink:

You know, I had a long discussion with another poster here months ago, insisting that Maine was NOT built by slaves, thanks to slaves for its existence, etc. etc. And technically I was right, but further thought has made me realize that everyone in the country benefited from slave labor whether it was a slave state or not.
Every housewife who bought a cone of sugar. Every lumberjack who got a jug of rum. Every merchant who traded tobacco. A good portion of the construction force that built the WH was slave labor, even. It was so embedded and interwoven into our economic and production systems that no one could exist here without "benefiting" from it, even if they were actively smuggling slaves to northern states and Canada at the same time.

Not sure exactly how this tracks to the 100 years after the war, except blacks were still a dirt cheap labor force--but just about EVERYONE was in that boat during the awfullest of the Industrial age. Chinese, whites, immigrants from Europe--everyone suffered that.

I'm probably way off track. Just not sure where the OP wants to take this past the obvious fact that blacks did not have "equal" rights for the 100 years after the Civil War.

This is pretty simple for those who really want to have a honest discussion. From the end of slavery until 1965 by written law, blacks did not have the same rights as whites. During this same time frame there were government programs whites were able to get into that excluded blacks even as blacks paid taxes.

For those who want to troll they will keep talking about slavery.

th
Huh. I thought it was you opened that door.

You are as ass backwards as a human can be. You're the one sniveling about race here, not me. You have all the hallmarks that made a living off of your skin color and are trying to find a way to deal with your guilt.

I don't care if blacks listen to me or a loser like you, I have no invested interest in their success or failure.

I am not sniveling about race. I am putting in your face the lies you tell yourselves about how people are getting extra things at the expense others by showing you and those like you just how long it has been that whites have been given every right and government handout this nation has had to give at the expse of others. .

So why don't you or one of the other racists here givem e the webstor address the fre black stuff agency so I can get all hat extra stuff I was supposed to be getting because I lived off my skin color.

You have psychosis. That's a real serious mental disorder. Get help.
English. Please! Yes, you are sniveling about race. Not me. I grew up poor and lived dirt poor until maybe 33yo after my business started picking up. Nobody gave me anything. You're a liar. You can only see black/white, you have a toggle switch for a brain. There are millions of dirt poor whites and have no clue what the goodies are that you speak of.

We all know slavery and racism happened. You've brought nothing new to the table, you just want to pick your scab and get sympathy. You get none from me, I chose to not be a victim.

The problem you have with everything you say s that e is documented evidence supporting me. You don't. You cannot show me one law or policy hat was made to deny whites of opportunity. So while there are poor whites, they are not poor because of the same things that made blacks poor. Also as we look at poverty, 1 in 9 whites are poor, 1 in 4 backs. So all your false equivalences simply have no merit based upon the facts..
WTF? Racism happened. You don't need to "document" it. The facts are that you are living in the nation with the most opportunity on Earth. You CHOOSE to think like a loser and dwell on the sins of man, other folks, black, white and other have taken advantage. That's the point here, not whatever cesspool you swim around in.

I don' t choose jack sit. That's the lie whites like you tell yourself. .I can oppose white racism and how I has not ended and CHOOSE to do whatever I want. Only dumb fuck white brainwashed right wing ninnies susch as yrouself thinks it's an either or situation. .I can build a business from the ground up and fight racism . I can get a masers degree and fight raicdm by whites. I do not have to be stuck waiting for shit because .some mentally retarded white person has been race bated into believing that.

The point here is that whites have continually benefitted at the expense of others.
You spell like a grade schooler at best. No wonder success is such an uphill climb. However, blacks today have access to schooling, many choose to put their nose to the grindstone and forge ahead, like any other race. Others are left behind trying to fight racism with racism. Doesn't work.

The dunce is the guy criticizing white people for benefiting from slavery 100 years after the fact. Which was 1965. I wasn't working then, as a military brat.

You have officially earned your dumb ass card. I am talking about the laws and policies that occurred denying rights and opportunities to blacks after slavery until 1965.
That was 52 years ago, Sport. Only retirees were working then. Go find an assisted living facility and kick some old white ass if it makes you feel any better. I imagine a black orderly will prone you out in a heartbeat though.

th

The OP wrote this:

So now we have heard all the excuses about how no one today owned slaves. But what we never seem able to discus is the 100 years after slavery where blacks were denied equal rights ,equal protection under the law, equal access to public accommodations, education, housing and jobs. Many whites here benefitted from things that occurred during this time.

Bring your popcorn. Here comes more lies and excuses.

And since I wrote the OP where in the hell does this statement mean we are going the fuck back?

Last edited:
I am not sniveling about race. I am putting in your face the lies you tell yourselves about how people are getting extra things at the expense others by showing you and those like you just how long it has been that whites have been given every right and government handout this nation has had to give at the expse of others. .

So why don't you or one of the other racists here givem e the webstor address the fre black stuff agency so I can get all hat extra stuff I was supposed to be getting because I lived off my skin color.

English. Please! Yes, you are sniveling about race. Not me. I grew up poor and lived dirt poor until maybe 33yo after my business started picking up. Nobody gave me anything. You're a liar. You can only see black/white, you have a toggle switch for a brain. There are millions of dirt poor whites and have no clue what the goodies are that you speak of.

We all know slavery and racism happened. You've brought nothing new to the table, you just want to pick your scab and get sympathy. You get none from me, I chose to not be a victim.

The problem you have with everything you say s that e is documented evidence supporting me. You don't. You cannot show me one law or policy hat was made to deny whites of opportunity. So while there are poor whites, they are not poor because of the same things that made blacks poor. Also as we look at poverty, 1 in 9 whites are poor, 1 in 4 backs. So all your false equivalences simply have no merit based upon the facts..
WTF? Racism happened. You don't need to "document" it. The facts are that you are living in the nation with the most opportunity on Earth. You CHOOSE to think like a loser and dwell on the sins of man, other folks, black, white and other have taken advantage. That's the point here, not whatever cesspool you swim around in.

I don' t choose jack sit. That's the lie whites like you tell yourself. .I can oppose white racism and how I has not ended and CHOOSE to do whatever I want. Only dumb fuck white brainwashed right wing ninnies susch as yrouself thinks it's an either or situation. .I can build a business from the ground up and fight racism . I can get a masers degree and fight raicdm by whites. I do not have to be stuck waiting for shit because .some mentally retarded white person has been race bated into believing that.

The point here is that whites have continually benefitted at the expense of others.
You spell like a grade schooler at best. No wonder success is such an uphill climb. However, blacks today have access to schooling, many choose to put their nose to the grindstone and forge ahead, like any other race. Others are left behind trying to fight racism with racism. Doesn't work.

There is nothing wrong with my spelling, but I understand, You have no argument. No one is fighting racism with racism. But you have the dumb ass card, so this is expected.

You are as ass backwards as a human can be. You're the one sniveling about race here, not me. You have all the hallmarks that made a living off of your skin color and are trying to find a way to deal with your guilt.

I don't care if blacks listen to me or a loser like you, I have no invested interest in their success or failure.

^^^ Brain washed Racist Race Baiter race baiting yet again ^^^

What the OP's posts reveal is his/her/xyr complete and utter ignorance of HISTORY. The vast majority of humans who have ever lived were chattel, serfs or slaves. Being owned was the normal condition.

Western Civilization Englightenment Values established an ideology in which an individual is not property. It's why slavery is illegal in the U.S. while it is still practiced throughout a great deal of the world today.

Instead of wasting time on something that was abolished in the U.S. over 150 years ago, the OP's concern would be better aimed at helping slaves today:

Slavery Today « Free the Slaves

"I never paid attention in school". "I have a shitty attitude". "I am irresponsible, vulgar, disrespectful, bigoted, lazy and belligerent"

"Why am I such a failure?"

"Hey, I know!!! It must be my skin color!!"
People who live by stereotypes are not generally accurate in their beliefs.
I was not describing all blacks, you silly old woman.

I only described the losers among them who play their little racist game of blame Whitey.

There is nothing wrong with my spelling, but I understand, You have no argument. No one is fighting racism with racism. But you have the dumb ass card, so this is expected.
Your spelling sucks, run it through a spell checker sometimes. You spend a lot of time on people who "have no argument".

That was 52 years ago, Sport. Only retirees were working then. Go find an assisted living facility and kick some old white ass if it makes you feel any better. I imagine a black orderly will prone you out in a heartbeat though.

Teflon Theory of History

The Teflon Theory of American History says that anything that took place over 30 years ago is Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on the present. Or not much. Unless it was something good like the light bulb or the Declaration of Independence. Therefore those who make a big deal of the bad stuff in the past, like slavery, are Living in the Past and need to Get Over It.

For example:

Jim Crow laws were overturned by the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s. Therefore according to Teflon Theory the Jim Crow period is now Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on how White Americans alive today think and act. None whatsoever. Or not much. So racism is pretty much dead.

Instead of Jim Crow’s effect slowly weakening over time like you would expect, Teflon Theory would have you suppose that it just disappeared like magic one afternoon sometime in the late 1960s. Even though many White Americans alive now were alive back in Jim Crow times. Even though many others were brought up and shaped by those who were alive back then: parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, teachers, writers, film directors, television producers, news editors and so on.

Teflon Theory of History

"I never paid attention in school". "I have a shitty attitude". "I am irresponsible, vulgar, disrespectful, bigoted, lazy and belligerent"

I only described the losers among them who play their little racist game of blame Whitey.

Whitey gets blamed for what whitey has done. Only loser whites think this is racism.

Whitey gets blamed for what whitey has done. Only loser whites think this is racism.

^^^ Racist Race Baiter Continues Pathetic and Impotent Racist Race Baiting ^^^

Teflon Theory of History

The Teflon Theory of American History says that anything that took place over 30 years ago is Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on the present. Or not much. Unless it was something good like the light bulb or the Declaration of Independence. Therefore those who make a big deal of the bad stuff in the past, like slavery, are Living in the Past and need to Get Over It.

For example:

Jim Crow laws were overturned by the civil rights movement in the 1950s and 1960s. Therefore according to Teflon Theory the Jim Crow period is now Ancient History. It has Absolutely No Effect on how White Americans alive today think and act. None whatsoever. Or not much. So racism is pretty much dead.

Instead of Jim Crow’s effect slowly weakening over time like you would expect, Teflon Theory would have you suppose that it just disappeared like magic one afternoon sometime in the late 1960s. Even though many White Americans alive now were alive back in Jim Crow times. Even though many others were brought up and shaped by those who were alive back then: parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, teachers, writers, film directors, television producers, news editors and so on.

Teflon Theory of History

^^^ Stupid theory of Alternate History used for Racist Race Baiting by Racist Race Baiter ^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back