No one white today owned slaves but most whites today benefitted from the 100 years after slavery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now we have heard all the excuses about how no one today owned slaves. But what we never seem able to discus is the 100 years after slavery where blacks were denied equal rights ,equal protection under the law, equal access to public accommodations, education, housing and jobs. Many whites here benefitted from things that occurred during this time.

Bring your popcorn. Here comes more lies and excuses.

th

are you saying the slaves did not benefit from being freed

So now we have heard all the excuses about how no one today owned slaves. But what we never seem able to discus is the 100 years after slavery where blacks were denied equal rights ,equal protection under the law, equal access to public accommodations, education, housing and jobs. Many whites here benefitted from things that occurred during this time.

th

I am saying that whites blame everyone else now for getting things at their expense but cannot see how its been them who have been given the most off the backs of others.

th

I am saying that whites blame everyone else now for getting things at their expense but cannot see how its been them who have been given the most off the backs of others.
It's called working your way up. You lazy mofos want everything given to you. Look at Obama, he stayed in school and worked hard to get where he is. You should try it sometimes.

th

It's called working your way up. You lazy mofos want everything given to you. Look at Obama, he stayed in school and worked hard to get where he is. You should try it sometimes.

I think the you whites need to understand that you guys have not worked near as hard as we have.

th

what a crock of bologna

th
Have you looked into the benefits gained by the black people who hunted down and enslaved and sold their fellow black people to the white devil?
I must respond to this with part of Edward Ball's book "Slaves in the Family." He actually went to Africa and spoke to descendants of the tribal leaders who sold their fellow black people.

"Why did the chiefs allow people to be sold from here?" he asked. "It was a business everybody was doing. One can't say why a businessman does business," Deen Kanu said.
"If the chief of Maforki wanted to protect his people,' I said, "why would he allow them to be sold? Is that a stupid question?"
"No, not, it's not a stupid question." Then Madame Modu said, "It's an obvious question. They wanted money."
"The things the British gave your families in exchange for slaves," I said, "weren't unusual."
"Not special, no," said Kanu. Rum, guns, tobacco."
"Was it worth it?" I asked. "I wasn't," said Kanu.
"What would you say to black Americans who point out that Africans sold their brothers and sisters?"
"Well, that is the question. We say that it was a long mistake, a long mistake by our ancestors."
"It was evil, actually, to sell your brother," Kanu said.
"When someone does evil in your society, how does he or she compensate for it?"
"You pray for forgiveness to the Almighty, "said Kanu. "When we sit together, we sometimes pray for those things that our ancestors have done, two, three hundred years ago. When you discover this collective responsibility, this evil act which had been committed both by the Africans and the Americans, by your ancestors, what are you to do now to remedy it? We know slavery has been abolished, but the evil has already been committed."
The book goes on to explain a prayer ceremony that was held to pray for forgiveness for both families represented there.

th

I think the you whites need to understand that you guys have not worked near as hard as we have.
Whites built this country for you to prosper in. Pull your pants up and stop whining already.

th
It's true. But what about the progress made in the 1970s. You can't deny the 70s were better for blacks than the 60s, right?

Ok now think about the 80s, 90s and 17 years into the next century. Are you ever gonna stop whining?

Most poor people are trapped in generational poverty. We need the people in the poor communities to strive to get out. To break the cycle. To stop talking eubonics. Stop having kids you can't afford and raise the kids you have.

My grandparents got out of Greece and worked shitty jobs so that we could have a better life. Why can't black people leave the hood? Get out!

th
Have you looked into the benefits gained by the black people who hunted down and enslaved and sold their fellow black people to the white devil?
I must respond to this with part of Edward Ball's book "Slaves in the Family." He actually went to Africa and spoke to descendants of the tribal leaders who sold their fellow black people.

"Why did the chiefs allow people to be sold from here?" he asked. "It was a business everybody was doing. One can't say why a businessman does business," Deen Kanu said.
"If the chief of Maforki wanted to protect his people,' I said, "why would he allow them to be sold? Is that a stupid question?"
"No, not, it's not a stupid question." Then Madame Modu said, "It's an obvious question. They wanted money."
"The things the British gave your families in exchange for slaves," I said, "weren't unusual."
"What would you say to black Americans who point out that Africans sold their brothers and sisters?"
"Well, that is the question. We say that it was a long mistake, a long mistake by our ancestors."
"You pray for forgiveness to the Almighty, "said Kanu. "When we sit together, we sometimes pray for those things that our ancestors have done, two, three hundred years ago. When you discover this collective responsibility, this evil act which had been committed both by the Africans and the Americans, by your ancestors, what are you to do now to remedy it? We know slavery has been abolished, but the evil has already been committed."
The book goes on to explain a prayer ceremony that was held to pray for forgiveness for both families represented there.

The thing here is that we are discussing the years after slavery was over. Slavery has nothing to do with this discussion. This discussion is about the 100 years after slavery was made illegal. These guys don't want to discuss that, because they can't make disingenuous claims about how blacks hunted down enslaved and sold each other, At this point in our history blacks did not make the laws that excluded them from opportunities for the next 100 years. That was done by whites.

th

The thing here is that we are discussing the years after slavery was over. Slavery has nothing to do with this discussion. This discussion is about the 100 years after slavery was made illegal. These guys don't want to discuss that, because they can't make disingenuous claims about how blacks hunted down enslaved and sold each other, At this point in our history blacks did not make the laws that excluded them from opportunities for the next 100 years. That was done by whites.
It was a process to get where we all are today. The slaves were freed and could do what they wanted. That laws barred them from white society is irrelevant as they were free to start their own society in the US, which they did, and now look at you all.

I told you along time ago on anther thread that I am talking about this fro the macro level. So either that's how you will discuss it or you will not participate. There are 40 million blacks here. About 1 million live in poverty. What I have done or do not do ends that. It doesn't reduce that number. So then there is no point of asking me how I supposedly conquered something when this society has not conquered it.
Wow, you're an authoritarian little prick, aren't you? Maybe the problem with blacks is that too many think like you do. Those that don't listen to your shrill irrelevant voice can and do succeed in life. You sell hate. I'd encourage any black folks, well anyone period, to chose a positive path and optimistic outlook. We choose our own destiny.

At this point in our history blacks did not make the laws that excluded them from opportunities for the next 100 years. That was done by whites.
That's true with everyone, everywhere and anytime in man's history. But somehow you think it should have been different here. You live in a world that never was.

th
It's true. But what about the progress made in the 1970s. You can't deny the 70s were better for blacks than the 60s, right?

Ok now think about the 80s, 90s and 17 years into the next century. Are you ever gonna stop whining?

Most poor people are trapped in generational poverty. We need the people in the poor communities to strive to get out. To break the cycle. To stop talking eubonics. Stop having kids you can't afford and raise the kids you have.

My grandparents got out of Greece and worked shitty jobs so that we could have a better life. Why can't black people leave the hood? Get out!
You apparently have not read the statistical data pertaining to economic factors between blacks and whites. In relation to whites blacks are still unemployed at rates we were in the 60's. Poverty is still the same relative to whites as it was in the 60's. Income compared to whites is the same as it was in the 60's.

And it's not because we choose to be poor. DEMOS did a study and it shows that it is PUBLIC POICY that has created The problem Today 17 years into the next century whites have 15 times the wealth of blacks. SO then maybe you need to go look at the facts.

Your opinion on this matter is not enough. When you don't know information you need to shut the fuck up.

I told you along time ago on anther thread that I am talking about this fro the macro level. So either that's how you will discuss it or you will not participate. There are 40 million blacks here. About 10 million live in poverty. What I have done or do not do ends that. It doesn't reduce that number. So then there is no point of asking me how I supposedly conquered something when this society has not conquered it.
Wow, you're an authoritarian little prick, aren't you? Maybe the problem with blacks is that too many think like you do. Those that don't listen to your shrill irrelevant voice can and do succeed in life. You sell hate. I'd encourage any black folks, well anyone period, to chose a positive path and optimistic outlook. We choose our own destiny.

It's not authoritarian to ask to discus the topic at the macro level, because the laws that created the problems were macro level laws and policies.

YOU create hate. But you think your racism is right. Black folks lisen to me and become successful. Why? Because they know I am not going to soft soap them or lie about how racism doesn't matter. .You are crazy if you really think that a whole lot of blacks are going tp listen to you talk about how to be successful telling them to ignore the racism we face that you don't and that you imagine doesn't exist while you practice it.

As for your last post, no that's not how it has been for everyone. And if you want to copy all the wrongs done by every other civiiizaton to make excuses then understand that those civilizations were destroyed. So then do you want to suffer the same fate or do you want to do better?

Last edited:

th

It was a process to get where we all are today. The slaves were freed and could do what they wanted. That laws barred them from white society is irrelevant as they were free to start their own society in the US, which they did, and now look at you all.

th

th

No, you racist idiot. Whites weren't the only ones who have prospered since 1865. Hispanics, Italians, Jews, Asians, Arabs and blacks too have prospered. In the South, you have a point but in the North and the West you have no excuse.

Those who have prospered have done so because of the choices they have made. Those that have failed, black, white, whatever, have done so because of the choices they have made.

You are a lying racist idiot of the first order.

th

th
You have no real comeback to the truth. Glad you know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back