No Prison time for Bergdahl....

Looks like the Army doesn't want to air its dirty laundry.

Investigator: Bergdahl should get no jail time

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, accused of deserting his post in Afghanistan six years ago before his capture by the Taliban, should get no jail time, the investigator looking into his case says.

Bergdahl's attorney, Yale Law School lecturer Eugene Fidell, released a document late Friday that cited comments from the investigating officer in a preliminary hearing held weeks ago at Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston that suggests prison isn't an option in the case.

“He found probable cause and recommended that the charges be referred to a special court-martial and that there be neither jail time nor punitive discharge,” Fidell said Saturday.

This is honestly good news for anyone interested in justice.
Justice?
:lmao:
Justice would be a bullet in the head

I read that.

Something is not right. The whole story, as I believe ; is not being told.

Either the Government has a case, or they don't. Wish I could see the transcript from the Article 32 hearing ( Evidence hearing - is there evidence & probable cause for a full court martial ).

All the publicity, all the media......and recommended no jail time, which a General Officer has to approve.

We will see. If the media is not misinforming the public, Bergdahl got a civilian lawyer ( smart thing ). What did his lawyer prove, or throw into evidence, that made the no incarceration the set deal? How did his Lawyer....."get one up" on the Government?

Nah.....something stinks here. Someone is = 1) Not telling the entire story. 2) Is lying. 3) Both 1 and 2.

Shadow 355

I read that this is only one recommendation...that the General in charge of the proceedings makes the final decision.

The post Commander , decides if it goes any further. Although I read somewhere that the FORSCOM Commander ( Forces Commander ).........wants to get his hand in on the deal. Geeze, lets make it a circus.

A civilian Lawyer, had the Government of the United States ; recommend no jail time. Again.....hmmmm?
What the heck over? Was the case against Bergdahl in good faith, but corrupt? False statements ; bad evidence, case not as strong as anticipated, prosecution was a bunch of egotistical jerks?

Us inquiring minds .......... and former Soldiers ( Me - 1st Cav & 2nd Infantry ) want to know.

Shadow 355

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, accused of deserting his post in Afghanistan six years ago before his capture by the Taliban, should get no jail time, the investigator looking into his case says.

Bergdahl's attorney, Yale Law School lecturer Eugene Fidell, released a document late Friday that cited comments from the investigating officer in a preliminary hearing held weeks ago at Joint Base San Antonio-Fort Sam Houston that suggests prison isn't an option in the case.

“He found probable cause and recommended that the charges be referred to a special court-martial and that there be neither jail time nor punitive discharge,” Fidell said Saturday.

This is good news for a pussy general who wants another star..

On Sept. 4, 2009, Private 1st Class Matthew Martinek, 20, of DeKalb, Ill., was seriously wounded in Paktika province when Taliban forces attacked his vehicle with an improvided explosive device, a rocket-propelled grenade and small-arms fire.

martinek_matthew_m_lg.jpg
Martinek

Staff Sergeant Michael Murphrey, 25, of Snyder, Texas,died Sept. 6 in Paktika province after being wounded by an IED. Like Bergdahl, Bowen, Walker, Curtiss and Andrews, Murphrey was part of the 4th BCT.
murphrey-ssg-michael-c.jpg

Murphrey
2nd Lieutenant Darryn Andrews, 34, of Dallas, Texas, died Sept. 4 in Paktika Province when enemy forces attacked his vehicle with an improvised explosive device and a rocket-propelled grenade. Like Bergdahl, Bowen, Walker and Curtiss, Andrews was part of the 4th BCT.

andrews.jpg

Andrews
kurt.jpg

Curtiss
Staff Sergeant Kurt Curtiss, 27, of Murray, Utah, died Aug. 26 in Paktika Province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when he was shot while his unit was supporting Afghan security forces during an enemy attack. Like Bergdahl, Bowen and Walker, he was part of the 4th BCT.
s-walker-0911112.jpg

Walker
Staff Sergeant Clayton Bowen, 29, of San Antonio, Texas, and Private 1st Class Morris Walker, 23, of Chapel Hill, N.C., were killed by a roadside bomb in Paktika province on Aug. 18, 2009, while trying to find Bergdahl. Like Bergdahl, they were part of the 4th BCT from Fort Richardson, Alaska

bowen_clayton_p_lg.jpg

Bowen

taliban-5-traded-bergdal.jpg
Obama and the Army just want this whole embarassing TREASONOUS ordeal to go away.

Obama empties Gitmo, the Taliban 5 are too big to release, so he needs another way. Enter Bergdahl!

Really? I have never heard of these guys before.

My guess is you can't name one of them without googling it. If you don't respond with a name within 1 minute of this post, we can all know you are full of shit.

The fix is in.The fat asses in the pentagon don't want to ruffle the feathers of the administration. The first thing the new republican president needs to do is ask for the resignation of all the old soldiers who forgot which side they were on.

The fix is in.The fat asses in the pentagon don't want to ruffle the feathers of the administration. The first thing the new republican president needs to do is ask for the resignation of all the old soldiers who forgot which side they were on.

Doing something about this before about a thousand things a new president should do first, is the perfect example of wrongheaded thinking by the right and a damn good example why they shouldn't be voted in at all.

The Taliban did NOT have Bergdahl! He was being held by a smaller group whose 'M.O.' was getting ransoms. They wanted to get PAID - they got PAID! This group was NOT part of the Taliban and doesn't even like the Taliban!

Joe, you have NEVER heard of the Taliban 5, the top 5 terrorist leaders in Afghanistan and GITMO'S most high profile inmates? Wow! Where have you been, under a rock? Maybe YOU should google them!!!

That's funny - you have not even heard of this story and you rell me if I don't give you specific names it never happened?! You liberal peers are dace-palming and groaning right now. You can't mention Bergdahl without know if the 5, since Obama claims he had to release the 5 for him!

Since you obviously couldn't name any of htem, they couldn't have been that important. I gave you a chance, guy. YOu could have even googled it... and you didn't bother.

Here was the thing about the "Taliban 5". We really didn't have a legal basis to hold them. They had committed no crimes against Americans.

He's a friend of Obama

Joe, Obama has shit all over his face on this because he either honored a deserter before he ever bothered to learn the details (which he often does), which still doesn't explain the 5 trade... or ... the truth, as I mentioned, can't be erased.

The Afghan government REQUESTED that these five be released before Bergdahl even came into the picture. So, no, not so much.

Here's the thing. We got to let these guys in Gitmo go if we can't prosecute them for crimes in an American court. And since most of them never did anything in America, we don't have anything to hold them on.

Since you obviously couldn't name any of htem, they couldn't have been that important. I gave you a chance, guy. YOu could have even googled it... and you didn't bother.

Here was the thing about the "Taliban 5". We really didn't have a legal basis to hold them. They had committed no crimes against Americans.

Joey, the 5 are a major part of the Bergdahl story because they were the 5 biggest Taliban leaders in all Afghanistan. 3 of them were caught on the battle field trying to kill Americans.

You really should stop talking about it until you do some research because you are embarassing yourself, admitting you are ignorant, knowing nothing about the story.

Something is not right. The whole story, as I believe ; is not being told.

Either the Government has a case, or they don't. Wish I could see the transcript from the Article 32 hearing ( Evidence hearing - is there evidence & probable cause for a full court martial ).

All the publicity, all the media......and recommended no jail time, which a General Officer has to approve.

We will see. If the media is not misinforming the public, Bergdahl got a civilian lawyer ( smart thing ). What did his lawyer prove, or throw into evidence, that made the no incarceration the set deal? How did his Lawyer....."get one up" on the Government?

Nah.....something stinks here. Someone is = 1) Not telling the entire story. 2) Is lying. 3) Both 1 and 2.

My theory all along on this is that a trial on why Bergdahl left his post would hinge on the subject of his mental health. That would force the Army to admit that they knew this guy had psychological issues and put him in a war zone anyway, because by 2008 when he enlisted, young men were avoiding the military, not joining it.

This is not the kind of publicity the army wants. I think they knew this when they declared Bergdahl a POW when he was a deserter, and promoted him to Sergeant in abstentia. I think they downplayed this issue while he was a prisoner hoping we'd never get him back and they wouldn't have to make any awkward explanations of what ten years of "The War on An Emotional State" has done to the military.

Forum List

Back