No You Do Not Have An Absolute Right To Have Certain Types Of Or The Carrying Of Firearms

Looks like I've really made these lying democrats all panty twisted today. It's a typical weakness of these boys. They can't stand to hear the truth.

In Texas we have open carry now and things are just fine. No wild west shootouts are happening like the libtards and dummiecrats said would happen.
Yeah, you only have 700 firearm homicides each year in Texas, compared to 377 in Illinois (including Chicago).

All by Muslims, of course.

Texlims aint ya heard
More lib character assassination.

A crazy liberal committed attempted murder yesterday, stirred up by you people. YOU PEOPLE are doing this.
Sorry, it's a fact Texas has a way higher, nearly double, gun homicide rate than Illinois.

You want to take a single incident and write it large, eh? How come you don't want to do that when an "assault rifle" is used?

Or how about when a right wing loony kills 9 people in a church?

Because you suffer from an idiot's confirmation bias, that's why.
A scum liberal attempted to MURDER republicans politicians yesterday in Virginia. .

And a right wing nutbag killed 9 people in a church.

Using your own TardLogic™, it was because of people like you calling for mass murders and assassinations of liberals and Democrats and mayors.

Clear now, c*unt?

Yeah, you only have 700 firearm homicides each year in Texas, compared to 377 in Illinois (including Chicago).

Texlims aint ya heard

A crazy liberal committed attempted murder yesterday, stirred up by you people. YOU PEOPLE are doing this.
Sorry, it's a fact Texas has a way higher, nearly double, gun homicide rate than Illinois.

You want to take a single incident and write it large, eh? How come you don't want to do that when an "assault rifle" is used?

A scum liberal attempted to MURDER republicans politicians yesterday in Virginia. .

Using your own TardLogic™, it was because of people like you calling for mass murders and assassinations of liberals and Democrats and mayors.

Clear now, c*unt?
The only thing clear is your repeated lying. It's all you butchers know how to do. You don't have any truth, so you lie. Dylann Roof, Clinton, Obama, Nixon, gun, gun, blah blah blah.Deflect deflect deflect. Everybody knows you are lying. They only truth here is that you sorry libs are responsible for the hate filled society that resulted in a loyal dimmocrat shooting people yesterday. Hell boy, he even made sure they were republicans first. Now that's a good little butcher. He'd make a good muzzie. Too bad he got lead poisoning.

Texlims aint ya heard

Clear now, c*unt?
The only thing clear is your repeated lying. It's all you butchers know how to do. You don't have any truth, so you lie. Dylann Roof, Clinton, Obama, Nixon, gun, gun, blah blah blah.Deflect deflect deflect. Everybody knows you are lying. They only truth here is that you sorry libs are responsible for the hate filled society that resulted in a loyal dimmocrat shooting people yesterday. Hell boy, he even made sure they were republicans first. Now that's a good little butcher. He'd make a good muzzie. Too bad he got lead poisoning.
dylann_roof.jpg

“We also recognize another important limitation on the right to keep and carry arms. ‘Miller’ said, as we have explained, that the sorts of weapons protected were those ‘in common use at the time.’ 307 U.S., at 179, 59 S.Ct. 816. We think that limitation is fairly supported by the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of ‘dangerous and unusual weapons.’”

Justice Scalia also wrote:

“It may be objected that if weapons that are most useful in military service — M-16 rifles and the like — may be banned, then the Second Amendment right is completely detached from the prefatory clause. But as we have said, the conception of the militia at the time of the Second Amendment’s ratification was the body of all citizens capable of military service, who would bring the sorts of lawful weapons that they possessed at home to militia duty. It may well be true today that a militia, to be as effective as militias in the 18th century, would require sophisticated arms that are highly unusual in society at large. Indeed, it may be true that no amount of small arms could be useful against modern-day bombers and tanks. But the fact that modern developments have limited the degree of fit between the prefatory clause and the protected right cannot change our interpretation of the right.”

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjZ4oTAvcDUAhUBzIMKHVVBAzoQFgg9MAQ&url=https://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/12/11/justice-scalias-gun-control-argument/&usg=AFQjCNGSFaggs-G15kcyTS8oO4Bcio9tiQ&sig2=_z6ec0jGImhSGUdZGmsLUw
Do yourself a favor and read this.

A Primer on the Constitutional Right to Keep and Bear Arms

Top 20 states for firearm death rates:

20. Utah (12.6/100,000)
19. Georgia (12.6)
18. Indiana (13)
17. Kentucky (13.7)
16. Nevada (13.8)
15. Idaho (14.1)
14. Arizona (14.1)
13. West Virginia (14.3)
12. Missouri (14.4)
11. South Carolina (15.2)
10. Tennessee (15.4)
9. New Mexico (15.5)
8. Oklahoma (16.5)
7. Montana (16.7)
6. Wyoming (16.7)
5. Arkansas (16.8)
4. Alabama (17.6)
3. Mississippi (17.8)
2. Louisiana (19.3)

And the number 1 worst state for firearm deaths is...

No, it isn't pinko fag liberal gun control California (7.7)...

No, it isn't gun control Jew York (4.2!)....

It's...

Alaska! (23.4).

sarah_palin_with_a_gun_large.jpg

Lies as usual.

Top 20 states for firearm death rates:

20. Utah (12.6/100,000)
19. Georgia (12.6)
18. Indiana (13)
17. Kentucky (13.7)
16. Nevada (13.8)
15. Idaho (14.1)
14. Arizona (14.1)
13. West Virginia (14.3)
12. Missouri (14.4)
11. South Carolina (15.2)
10. Tennessee (15.4)
9. New Mexico (15.5)
8. Oklahoma (16.5)
7. Montana (16.7)
6. Wyoming (16.7)
5. Arkansas (16.8)
4. Alabama (17.6)
3. Mississippi (17.8)
2. Louisiana (19.3)

And the number 1 worst state for firearm deaths is...

No, it isn't pinko fag liberal gun control California (7.7)...

No, it isn't gun control Jew York (4.2!)....

It's...

Alaska! (23.4).

sarah_palin_with_a_gun_large.jpg

Lies as usual.
I love how you tards just blithely dismiss reality.

That's how delusions are made, you know. It's a mental illness. Literally.

Massachusetts has the lowest firearm death rate. And some of the strictest gun control laws in the nation.

New York has the third lowest firearm death rate.

“We also recognize another important limitation on the right to keep and carry arms. ‘Miller’ said, as we have explained, that the sorts of weapons protected were those ‘in common use at the time.’ 307 U.S., at 179, 59 S.Ct. 816. We think that limitation is fairly supported by the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of ‘dangerous and unusual weapons.’”

“It may be objected that if weapons that are most useful in military service — M-16 rifles and the like — may be banned, then the Second Amendment right is completely detached from the prefatory clause. But as we have said, the conception of the militia at the time of the Second Amendment’s ratification was the body of all citizens capable of military service, who would bring the sorts of lawful weapons that they possessed at home to militia duty. It may well be true today that a militia, to be as effective as militias in the 18th century, would require sophisticated arms that are highly unusual in society at large. Indeed, it may be true that no amount of small arms could be useful against modern-day bombers and tanks. But the fact that modern developments have limited the degree of fit between the prefatory clause and the protected right cannot change our interpretation of the right.”

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjZ4oTAvcDUAhUBzIMKHVVBAzoQFgg9MAQ&url=https://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/12/11/justice-scalias-gun-control-argument/&usg=AFQjCNGSFaggs-G15kcyTS8oO4Bcio9tiQ&sig2=_z6ec0jGImhSGUdZGmsLUw

All I want is to keep a 6 shot revolver in my own apartment. NYC says to do that I have to pay $600 or so in fees, and wait up to 6 months to get a license to do so.

Why should I give a rats ass about "any weapon I want" when gun grabbing fucks like you in government enforce the above?

I'm not in the government. I also am a gun owner. You should be able to keep a gun in your home for protection.

The point if the thread is the Supreme Court ruled in Heller v DC that while you have a right to own a gun in your home for protection, or for hunting and sport shooting, the states and localities can make laws prohibiting the concealed and open carry of firearms in certain instances, and in certain places, and prohibit the types of firearms that may be sold or possessed in those localities.

With the written opinion on the court by none other than Antonin Scalia.

This is no longer a debate to be had. The decision has been made, and that is the final decision on the matter. If anyone violates the laws set in those states and localities concerning firearms, there is no further appeal if you are convicted of an offense.

For any gun owners that are still confused about their second amendment rights, I suggest they read the Heller v DC decision, before they find themselves not being able to own a gun because of a conviction.

I support the Second Amendment, and I believe you should be able to own an AR-15 if you want one.

Not need. Want.

But when gun lovers deny reality, it undermines our cause. If you demonstrate you have zero integrity, you have lost the debate. It is incredibly short-sighted to lie and deny.

Honesty is the best policy, boys and girls.

All I want is to keep a 6 shot revolver in my own apartment. NYC says to do that I have to pay $600 or so in fees, and wait up to 6 months to get a license to do so.

Why should I give a rats ass about "any weapon I want" when gun grabbing fucks like you in government enforce the above?

I'm not in the government. I also am a gun owner. You should be able to keep a gun in your home for protection.

You should also be able to keep a gun in your home for fun.

The point if the thread is the Supreme Court ruled in Heller v DC that while you have a right to own a gun in your home for protection, or for hunting and sport shooting, the states and localities can make laws prohibiting the concealed and open carry of firearms in certain instances, and in certain places, and prohibit the types of firearms that may be sold or possessed in those localities.

You have seriously misunderstood the meaning of Heller.

Seriously.

The Heller decision stated that Washington DC had made obtaining a gun too costly and too bureaucratically difficult. DC had infringed on the Second Amendment, bigly.

It also obliterated once and for all the argument that guns are only for militias.

In Texas we have open carry now and things are just fine. No wild west shootouts are happening like the libtards and dummiecrats said would happen.

Texlims aint ya heard

Sorry, it's a fact Texas has way more, nearly double, gun homicides than Illinois.

You are full of shit. The facts are that there is no complete reporting of the actual stats, and all of the shit you get from all of the guncontrol pushers is just like the global warming liars stats PURE LIES. Now we go for MURDER RATES. or do you want to change to the complete spectrum of all deaths by what cause, and by what. like the accidental death, LIBERAL "So MANY CHILDREN are killed accidentally with guns each year we must ban them to save all of the children" BS accidental firearm deaths of children is about the third cause from the bottom of the list every year, many times more are killed by drowning. so lets make it illegal for kids to even take baths, and save many times more than a new gun law. Your stats are all twisted compilations from a long line of lies and propaganda by the gun control activist. Any way What difference does it make if a LAW ABIDING CITIZEN has an F16 and a nuke? a criminal or psycho liberal doesn't need anything that can be used as a weapon, not even pepper spray as they have used it many times on innocent by standers and NORMAL citizens.

Clear now, c*unt?
dylann_roof.jpg

More failed attempt at character assassination by the murdering left.

I carry much of the time but not when visiting schools or government installations. I do carry a weapon to church. Pastor does, too.
? That's kind of sad.

Why would it be sad.......

Was it sad that the members of Congress didn't have guns yesterday? And the only thing that saved them was the Whip was able to attend practice? Do you realize that the Whip rarely makes those early morning practices, and that it was a miracle that he was there...with his armed security?
Oh, for Pete's sake, 2AGuy, pay attention. Jake needs to carry in church? You'd think church was for quiet thoughtful peaceful meditation, not looking over your shoulder and keeping your handgun ready to fire. That's what we were discussing, not a public park.

Tell that to the people in Charleston, SC who were in church when Dylan Roof wandered in!

You should also be able to keep a gun in your home for fun.

You have seriously misunderstood the meaning of Heller.

Seriously.

No you as usual try to make words extend to cover your desired action when they ABSOLUTELY DO NOT.

Forum List

Back