Nothing irks me off more than libertarian college kids...

NOthing pisses me off more than Libtards who make excessive requirements and licensing, in order to engage in a profession, that can only be obtained by going through useless quantities of university courses.

NOthing pisses me off more than Libtards who make excessive requirements and licensing, in order to engage in a profession, that can only be obtained by going through useless quantities of university courses.

Like what? Brain Surgery? Structural Engineering? Aeronautical Engineering?

I said libertarian kids on college loans are hypocrites. I didn't say college kids shouldn't have diverse views. Do you understand what words mean?

Welcome to the essence of Ronald Ragan. His father - and, by extension, him - were literally saved by an FDR big government work program.

FDR didn't see the act of helping the Reagan family as a handout to the lazy. He thought big-government-assistance was an investment in the American people. He thought that if he gave hard-working families a leg up during hard times, they would go on to do great things.

Reagan actually supported FDR, and then Truman, until he arrived at the top tax bracket. Then he conveniently chose to call poor families in need of assistance welfare queens.

Reagan also helped corporations ship jobs to cheap labor markets (mostly in China, where Walmart gets over 50% of its goods made). Reagan did this to give corporations more of an incentive to invest - but the result, tragically, has been the progressive death of the middle class.

You get this right? By systematically lowering wages to boost the bottom line of corporations, Reagan made it harder for middle-class families to stay afloat. The result was a massive expansion of credit, that is, hard-working middle-class families went from the high wages of the postwar years to MasterCards and Visas. This is why we all started receiving three credit card offers a week in the 80s. America under Reagan went on a 30 year borrowing binge. The middle class is now so indebted that they cannot consume enough to keep the domestic economy afloat.

Meaning: the game is over. The Reagan revolution killed the goose that laid the golden egg: consumer demand. All the money is stuck on top and it's not trickling down. Main Street has been detached from the profits of Wall Street.

All this from a fucking hypocrite whose family was saved by government assistance.

America swallowed poison in 1980 and the patient is almost dead.

Last edited:
I said libertarian kids on college loans are hypocrites. I didn't say college kids shouldn't have diverse views. Do you understand what words mean?

Welcome to the essence of Ronald Ragan. His father - and, by extension, him - were literally saved by an FDR big government work program.

FDR didn't see helping the Reagan family as a handout to the lazy. He thought big-government-assistance was an investment in the American people. He thought that if he gave hard-working families a leg up during hard times, they would go on to do great things.

Reagan actually supported FDR, and then Truman, until he arrived at the top tax bracket. Then he conveniently chose to call poor families in need of assistance welfare queens.

Reagan also help the corporations ship jobs to cheap labor markets (mostly in China, ware Walmart gets over 50% of its goods made). Reagan did this to give corporations more of an incentive to invest - but the result, tragically, has been the progressive death of the middle class.

You get this right? By systematically lowering wages to boost the bottom line of corporations, Reagan made it harder for middle-class families to stay afloat. The result was a massive expansion of credit, that is, hard-working middle-class families went from the high wages of the postwar years to MasterCards and Visas. This is why we all started receiving three credit card offers a week in the 80s. America under Reagan went on a 30 year borrowing binge. The middle class is now so indebted that they cannot consume enough to keep the domestic economy afloat.

Meaning: the game is over. The Reagan revolution killed the goose that laid the golden egg: consumer demand. All the money is stuck on top and it's not trickling down. Main Street has been detached from the profits of Wall Street.

All this from a fucking hypocrite whose family was saved by government assistance.

America swallowed poison in 1980 and the patient is almost dead.

Interesting story. I knew that Reagan set our downward spiral in motion but I didn't know the part about him receiving government assistance.

Wow. I didn't think there were any "It's all Reagan's fault" old timers still around.

Now all the fanatics claim everything Obama does is somehow caused by Bush's presidency.

Thank you for the little lesson in the history of mental illness: there are always those whose illness takes a political bent, no matter what generation....

Nothing irks me more than old people trying to turn young people into debt-serfs in order to fund their retirements.

Clearly if we eliminated subsidized student loans so students had to pay a higher interest rate to get a loan - that would reduce their debt burden, right?

Education inflation has been multiples of CPI due to the easy money of student loans. If the government hadn't fueled the bubble, those students would have far less debt for their education.

Whatever happened to 'working' your way through school? A lot of people getting student loans don't realize they have taken out $80K for a degree that pays tops $25K. There is so much window dressing in schools these days that is put there to pay the bills, and kids jut don't realize if you don't go into a profession you get nothing for your hard work.

Clearly if we eliminated subsidized student loans so students had to pay a higher interest rate to get a loan - that would reduce their debt burden, right?

Education inflation has been multiples of CPI due to the easy money of student loans. If the government hadn't fueled the bubble, those students would have far less debt for their education.

Whatever happened to 'working' your way through school? A lot of people getting student loans don't realize they have taken out $80K for a degree that pays tops $25K. There is so much window dressing in schools these days that is put there to pay the bills, and kids jut don't realize if you don't go into a profession you get nothing for your hard work.

I worked my way through college doing minimum wage jobs ($2.10) over summers and school breaks. Paid my tuition for four years.

I don't think todays students have the same option

There definitely needs to be more of that. I worked my way through and graduated wih about $1k of credit card debt.

I think one problem these days is that there are a lot of people looking for low wage jobs who don't have the scheduling conflicts that school creates. And these are mainly the jobs that the students would have been able to get.

Wow. I didn't think there were any "It's all Reagan's fault" old timers still around.

Now all the fanatics claim everything Obama does is somehow caused by Bush's presidency.

Thank you for the little lesson in the history of mental illness: there are always those whose illness takes a political bent, no matter what generation....

America has undergone two powerful political movements: the demand centered policies of postwar Keynesianism and the Supply Side policies of the Reagan Revolution. Each movement ruled the country for decades. You need to give Reagan more credit. He changed Washington as fundamentally as FDR, and he cast a shadow that last decades.

Just as Nixon was hedged in by FDR's New Deal and Liberal Keynesianism, Clinton was hedged in by Reagan's Supply Side revolution, which held that high middle class wages dampened the very profits which incentivized investment and economic growth.

Milton Friedman - Reagan's iconic economic advisor - was still blaming FDR in 1986.

The Republicans have been blaming FDR and LBJ's welfare state for everything wrong with the economy for the last 50 years ... and now you're crying that Reagan's transitional presidency shares some blame?

Nothing irks me off more than libertarian college kids who pay no taxes telling me - who is backing their student loans with my taxes - that I want to tax them too much. Boys and girls, just shut up. Enjoy going to college on loans with low rates of interest - and don't ask why the interest is so low. Just know that government is bad - its evil! Ask them if they want to eliminate the department of education? YES! Do you want us to eliminate your student loans so you can pay double the interest you pay now? NO!

Its quite easy for people who are 19 years old with no responsibilities and living partially off of loan money to say they should pay a flat tax, isn't it?

How is that any more irksome than the liberal college student telling you that you don't pay enough in taxes? :dunno:

I worked my way through college doing minimum wage jobs ($2.10) over summers and school breaks. Paid my tuition for four years.

Of course they do. They have student workers all over campus and college towns are heavy on fast food joints.

The same morons slinging false information regarding libertarians in every thread! It's so humorous and yet so very sad and pathetic.

What do you now about libertarians?

Let the experts handle it

I'd prefer to let the shit shoveler dot he shoveling and the libertarians do the libertarian ideology explaining. That way we dont get comments like yours mistaken as relevant to libertarianism. it's only relevant to shit shoveling and by your posting here, you're a world class heavy weight champ at shoveling out shit.

Congrats on that BTW.

Gotta remind you that it is a UNION violation if the shit-shoveler decides to perform my job..

That's simply not true.
Myth: Increases in Federal Student Aid Drive Increases in Tuition
Public university tuition has inflated due to reductions in public funding of universities. Inflation in private school tuitions has not been nearly as high because they rely on far less public funding. Your analysis is based on either the faulty presumption that universities are for-profit - most are not - or the faulty presumption that not-for-profits behave as if they were profit seeking - most do not. Charitable thrift shops raise their prices when their costs go up, not when their customers get better loans. Universities raise tuition to cover their costs - not to deliver profit into shareholders hands.

You're joking right? Ever look at the royalties from the University logo? Football TV rights? Related Research Institutes? Alumni Assocs? They have their profit centers.

You mentioned awhile back about your wife's old student loan... Different rules.. Have you SEEN the new payback rules? The Feds have virtually removed the term "default" from the vocabulary.. Now you can lower your payments by having more kids, not having a good job, or working for the Govt. There IS NO SUCH thing as default anymore because of the changes. Payments can be put on hold at any time..

It truely is ... "From each according to his ability. TO each according to their needs"

Ever think these kids KNOW how rigged this program has become???

Last edited:

Of course they do. They have student workers all over campus and college towns are heavy on fast food joints.

I don't think fast food salaries cut it anymore when faced with university tuition. Even State Universities

I don't think fast food salaries cut it anymore when faced with university tuition. Even State Universities

You certainly can 1/2 your bill by taking the first 2 or 3 years at a Community College. You can take a class or two for next to nothing. And UNDERGRAD classes at the major schools is NOT really gonna make you smarter or boost your salary.. Easy to work, easy to schedule classes, ect. ect.

You certainly can 1/2 your bill by taking the first 2 or 3 years at a Community College. You can take a class or two for next to nothing. And UNDERGRAD classes at the major schools is NOT really gonna make you smarter or boost your salary.. Easy to work, easy to schedule classes, ect. ect.

My son did that and then transferred to a $35,000 a year university for his degree

My only reservation in advocating that for every student is that I think there is a wide disparity in the quality of some community colleges.

Nothing irks me off more than libertarian college kids who pay no taxes telling me - who is backing their student loans with my taxes - that I want to tax them too much.

Yo oohpo, if Congress nationalizes the air we breath tomorrow, are Libertarians supposed to hold their fucking breath?!?!?!?!?!?

If a college charges $100 per credit for a certain course and there are thirty seats available and the the government is willing to subsidize all thirty seats then what is the Libertarian kid supposed to do?

There is no way a Libertarian family can afford to compete with uncle Sam's subsidies?

So by distorting the marketplace the government forces everyone to participate in their fraud.

And so it fucking goes.

My son did that and then transferred to a $35,000 a year university for his degree

My only reservation in advocating that for every student is that I think there is a wide disparity in the quality of some community colleges.

It is what you make of it.. If for example, your son could do a better job than his prof TEACHING the next class, he got his money's worth...

Sure they do... many just don't want to. And why would they? You can borrow a shitpot of money and study Druid philosophy for ten years.

Sure they do... many just don't want to. And why would they? You can borrow a shitpot of money and study Druid philosophy for ten years.

Show me how a college student working summers at minimum wage can afford a years tuition

Forum List

Back