Now that Kasich wins Ohio his mission is to catch Cruz

If the brokered convention gives the nomination to a candidate that DIDN'T win the most delegates........the GOP is fucked. The best case scenario is that the nominee loses epicly when Trump supporters simply don't go to the polls. The worst case scenario (which is actually the most probable).....the GOP splits like a melon.

Tell it to Trumps supporters if he wins the most delegates in the elections but doesn't get the nomination. Just keep repeating 'horseshit'.....as the party tears itself apart.

All you are doing is ignoring the facts, because you're afraid that Clinton can't win unless she faces the idiot Donald Drumpf.

You're insisting that because technically a brokered convention can give the nomination to a candidate with fewer delegates and fewer votes.......that Trump voters will accept that.

Laughing.....really?

Think about it. After failing to convince Trump's supporters to support the GOP establishment......after giving the nomination to someone other than Trump, THEN you expect to be able to convince them to support the GOP establishment?

You *really* think that's what's going to happen?

Repeat after me:

Being nominated requires a majority of delegates.

Whomever comes out as the nominee will have a majority of delegates. It is impossible to be nominated without a majority of delegates. If nobody goes into the convention with a majority, then they will repeat their voting until somebody receives a majority of delegates. And that somebody will become the nominee.

If Trump fails to gain a majority before the convention, and someone else gains a majority later, then that is Trump's failure.

And nobody cares whether Trump's supporters like it or not. Trump's supporters are idiots. And they only constitute 10% of the voting population. Many of his supporters are Democrats who have switched parties in an attempt to sabotage the GOP nomination. People who, like you, realize that Clinton is a pathetic candidate.

Rule 40B says that no one can be put into consideration without having won at the majority of delegates of each of 8 state delegations.

There is no way in hell Kasich does this, and it might not happen for Cruz either.

If the GOP tries to change Rule 40B Trump will take them to court and get a cease and desist order, easy peezy.

Even with a brokered convention, there might be only one or two candidates to consider; Trump and maybe Cruz.

Judicial......Trump's supporters aren't going to give a fiddler's fuck about Rule 40B, subsection 4, paragraph Q.

They're going to care that the GOP establishment that they despise....just gave the nomination to a candidate that has fewer votes than Trump and won fewer delegates.

Now how do you think Trump's supporters will express their displeasure? By inexplicably deciding to support the very GOP establishment they despised BEFORE it screwed their candidate over ?

Or telling the GOP establishment to go fuck itself?

I just got goosebumps.

All you are doing is ignoring the facts, because you're afraid that Clinton can't win unless she faces the idiot Donald Drumpf.

You're insisting that because technically a brokered convention can give the nomination to a candidate with fewer delegates and fewer votes.......that Trump voters will accept that.

Laughing.....really?

Think about it. After failing to convince Trump's supporters to support the GOP establishment......after giving the nomination to someone other than Trump, THEN you expect to be able to convince them to support the GOP establishment?

Repeat after me:

Whomever comes out as the nominee will have a majority of delegates. It is impossible to be nominated without a majority of delegates. If nobody goes into the convention with a majority, then they will repeat their voting until somebody receives a majority of delegates. And that somebody will become the nominee.

If Trump fails to gain a majority before the convention, and someone else gains a majority later, then that is Trump's failure.

And nobody cares whether Trump's supporters like it or not. Trump's supporters are idiots. And they only constitute 10% of the voting population. Many of his supporters are Democrats who have switched parties in an attempt to sabotage the GOP nomination. People who, like you, realize that Clinton is a pathetic candidate.

Rule 40B says that no one can be put into consideration without having won at the majority of delegates of each of 8 state delegations.

There is no way in hell Kasich does this, and it might not happen for Cruz either.

If the GOP tries to change Rule 40B Trump will take them to court and get a cease and desist order, easy peezy.

Even with a brokered convention, there might be only one or two candidates to consider; Trump and maybe Cruz.

Judicial......Trump's supporters aren't going to give a fiddler's fuck about Rule 40B, subsection 4, paragraph Q.

They're going to care that the GOP establishment that they despise....just gave the nomination to a candidate that has fewer votes than Trump and won fewer delegates.

Now how do you think Trump's supporters will express their displeasure? By inexplicably deciding to support the very GOP establishment they despised BEFORE it screwed their candidate over ?

I just got goosebumps.

I just sitting here with my jaw hitting the table. I mean, you hear about cognitive dissonance. People insult each other with claims of it all the time. But to genuinely SEE it, where people imagine this world with unicorns farting glitter and rainbows dropping skittles where Trump Supporters will suupport the GOP after the 'broker convention'.

Holy shit. I mean, holy shit.

How hard and how deep do you have to lie to yourself to make that fucking fantasy sound plausible?

Or even *more* ludicrous.....that the GOP candidate will win against Hillary when roughly 1 in 3 of probable GOP voters don't show up.

He's won ONE state for cripes sake, be realistic

Exactly. He's won one state. And yet, he is well positioned. Cruz doesn't have that kind of capability.

How is he well positioned?

Kasich now has a spark. He's noticed, and he can work that momentum if he's savvy enough.

With Rubio's departure, there's new wide open territory to be conquered. Kasich is likely to be more favorable to Rubio supporters than Cruz. Especially if Kasich deals with Rubio for an endorsement. The main question there will be whether Rubio will be smart enough to see that signing on to a Kasich ticket for a VP nod is the best way to salvage his political career.

Without an endorsement Kasich is still likely to pick up most of Rubio's supporters. Bolstered by these, Kasich can surge to second place in remaining states where Trump is leading, and become very competitive. If Kasich rides into a brokered convention in second place, he becomes impossible to deny the nomination.

Laughing.....really?

Repeat after me:

I just got goosebumps.

I just sitting here with my jaw hitting the table. I mean, you hear about cognitive dissonance. People insult each other with claims of it all the time. But to genuinely SEE it, where people imagine this world with unicorns farting glitter and rainbows dropping skittles where Trump Supporters will suupport the GOP after the 'broker convention'.

How hard and how deep do you have to lie to yourself to make that fucking fantasy sound plausible?

Or even *more* ludicrous.....that the GOP candidate will win against Hillary when roughly 1 in 3 of probable GOP voters don't show up.
Wrong on all counts. The Blamer has dumbed down and fucked up this country so bad, you'll see a republican turnout in record numbers. The Dims will start out strong, as most of them don't work. But when the conservatives get off work and cast their votes, it's over. Not to mention all the Dims that will be voting Trump over Hitlery.

Laughing.....really?

Repeat after me:

I just got goosebumps.

I just sitting here with my jaw hitting the table. I mean, you hear about cognitive dissonance. People insult each other with claims of it all the time. But to genuinely SEE it, where people imagine this world with unicorn's farting glitter and rainbows dropping skittles where Trump Supporters will suupport the GOP after the 'broker convention'.

Yep, kind of goes against everything Trump pretends to stand for.

Repeat after me:

I just got goosebumps.

Wrong on all counts. The Blamer has dumbed down and fucked up this country so bad, you'll see a republican turnout in record numbers. The Dims will start out strong, as most of them don't work. But when the conservatives get off work and cast their votes, it's over. Not to mention all the Dims that will be voting Trump over Hitlery.

Like in 2012?

I just got goosebumps.

Like in 2012?
Like 2014.

Pretty sure that is only for first ballot voting. After the delegates are "released" to vote for whomever, that rule ceases to be effective.

I just got goosebumps.

Like in 2012?
Like 2014.

Dems don't vote as much in off year elections. They do in presidential elections.

Which might explain why the republicans have managed to convince the electorate to vote for their candidate a grand total of ONCE since 1988.

But I'm sure, for no particular reason, with the Republican party fractured and tearing itself apart......this year will be different.

Pretty sure that is only for first ballot voting. After the delegates are "released" to vote for whomever, that rule ceases to be effective.

Irrelevant. It doesn't matter what 'rule' you can massage. You'll have to convince about 1 in 3 of probable republican voters that its right and just to give the nomination to a guy who didn't win the most votes or the most delegates.

And you know you can't. I know you can't. Trump voters know you can't.

Its Trump.....or go fuck yourself.

I just got goosebumps.

Like in 2012?
Like 2014.

Dems don't vote as much in off year elections. They do in presidential elections.

Which might explain why the republicans have managed to convince the electorate to vote for their candidate a grand total of ONCE since 1988.

But I'm sure, for no particular reason, with the Republican party fractured and tearing itself apart......this year will be different.
It's not about the republican party in this election. It's about Trump vs the bought and paid for do-nothing establishment. You'll see.

He's won ONE state for cripes sake, be realistic

Exactly. He's won one state. And yet, he is well positioned. Cruz doesn't have that kind of capability.

How is he well positioned?

Kasich now has a spark. He's noticed, and he can work that momentum if he's savvy enough.

With Rubio's departure, there's new wide open territory to be conquered. Kasich is likely to be more favorable to Rubio supporters than Cruz. Especially if Kasich deals with Rubio for an endorsement. The main question there will be whether Rubio will be smart enough to see that signing on to a Kasich ticket for a VP nod is the best way to salvage his political career.

Without an endorsement Kasich is still likely to pick up most of Rubio's supporters. Bolstered by these, Kasich can surge to second place in remaining states where Trump is leading, and become very competitive. If Kasich rides into a brokered convention in second place, he becomes impossible to deny the nomination.

I'm not so sure Rubio support necessarily translates to Kasich, sure, he'll get some, maybe even a plurality but the rest will be shared with Trump and Cruz and at least Cruz is closer to Trump and could possibly reach him, Kasich I don't think can.

Maybe Kasich naming Rubio as his VP might slide even more votes over, but what does he lose? Trump supporters certainly don't want any of that and I don't think Cruz supporters care much for Rubio either, he's a RINO after all.

If Kasich were savvy, we'd see it by now, Don't know about you, I'm not seeing it. There is no spark, he won a contest that everyone expected him to win and if he didn't he'd be out right now. Also, while his win in Ohio was in the double digits, he didn't cross 50% in his home state.

Like in 2012?
Like 2014.

It's not about the republican party in this election. It's about Trump vs the bought and paid for do-nothing establishment. You'll see.

Unless it isn't. With Trump nursing the highest unfavorability ratings of any major candidate in polling history.......

.......I think you're trying hard to convince yourself of your argument than to convince me. With neither of us believing you.

But hey, what's a 61% average unfavorability rating with a 28 point spread anyway?

You'll care when they don't show up at the polls to vote for the GOP candidate. Or more probable....if they form a third party around Trump. As either scenario costs you the election.

No. Trump's supporters only amount to 10% of the population.

The 'population'? The 'population' doesn't vote. The electorate does. And among probable GOP voters, they're about 35%.

Good luck winning an election with roughly 1 in 3 of your voters not showing up.

Is the math starting to sink in yet?

Jesus fucking Christ, how many calories do you burn being intentionally stupid. Population, voting population, big fucking deal. You knew damn well what I meant.

You're sitting here in this thread talking about cognitive dissonance and questioning people's math skills, yet you're the one who is blatantly ignoring facts so as to invent an imaginary fantasy scenario, all while throwing out meaningless "what-ifs" that are mathematically meaningless.

Here's some math for you: The GOP accounts for 29% of registered voters. A whopping 40+% of registered voters are independents. Among GOP voters Trump only has about 35% support. That comes out to be 10% of registered voters.

At least 50% of non-supporters are indicating that they'll never vote for Trump if he is nominated. Trump's support among Democrats and Independents is infintesimal. So that means that in a general election Trump would garner no more than roughly 15% support among registered voters. Now, I'm sure you love that idea. It's why you're salivating at the hope of Trump being nominated. But those of us with brains in the GOP realize that that would be a horrible thing. Trump's 10% can stay home in November and fuck themselves with cacti for all I care. I'm much more interested in having a candidate who can gain support among that whopping 40ish% of Independents to add to the 20% of voters who are Republicans who do come out in November.

Now if you can't get that through your thick skull than beat your face with your computer monitor until it sinks in.

Like in 2012?
Like 2014.

Then why did you bring up 2014?

You'll care when they don't show up at the polls to vote for the GOP candidate. Or more probable....if they form a third party around Trump. As either scenario costs you the election.

No. Trump's supporters only amount to 10% of the population.

The 'population'? The 'population' doesn't vote. The electorate does. And among probable GOP voters, they're about 35%.

Good luck winning an election with roughly 1 in 3 of your voters not showing up.

Is the math starting to sink in yet?

Jesus fucking Christ, how many calories do you burn being intentionally stupid. Population, voting population, big fucking deal. You knew damn well what I meant.

You're sitting here in this thread talking about cognitive dissonance and questioning people's math skills, yet you're the one who is blatantly ignoring facts so as to invent an imaginary fantasy scenario, all while throwing out meaningless "what-ifs" that are mathematically meaningless.

Here's some math for you: The GOP accounts for 29% of registered voters. A whopping 40+% of registered voters are independents. Among GOP voters Trump only has about 35% support. That comes out to be 10% of registered voters.

At least 50% of non-supporters are indicating that they'll never vote for Trump if he is nominated. Trump's support among Democrats and Independents is infintesimal. So that means that in a general election Trump would garner no more than roughly 15% support among registered voters. Now, I'm sure you love that idea. It's why you're salivating at the hope of Trump being nominated. But those of us with brains in the GOP realize that that would be a horrible thing. Trump's 10% can stay home in November and fuck themselves with cacti for all I care. I'm much more interested in having a candidate who can gain support among that whopping 40ish% of Independents to add to the 20% of voters who are Republicans who do come out in November.

Now if you can't get that through your thick skull than beat your face with your computer monitor until it sinks in.

If 10% of Republicans stayed home because Trump wasn't the nominee its a Democratic landslide.

No, there is no limitation to that restriction.

It was put in by Romneys people to keep anyone like Santorum or Ron Paul doing an end run at the convention. So it was set to apply to the whole time aof the convention.

No, there is no limitation to that restriction.

It was put in by Romneys people to keep anyone like Santorum or Ron Paul doing an end run at the convention. So it was set to apply to the whole time aof the convention.

You got a link to that?

Like in 2012?
Like 2014.

Unless it isn't. With Trump nursing the highest unfavorability ratings of any major candidate in polling history.......

.......I think you're trying hard to convince yourself of your argument than to convince me. With neither of us believing you.

But hey, what's a 61% average unfavorability rating with a 28 point spread anyway?
You'll see. If the democrats had a stronger candidate to put forth, I would consider giving your "unfavorable polling" some merit. Hillary won't just lose - she'll lose HUGE. And not because Trump is such a viable candidate, but rather because HIllary is an incompetent old hag who couldn't run a laundrymat.

Forum List

Back